• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Conquest Thread

abx

Smash Journeyman
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

Happy 30th Anniversary: September 11th September 18th

Team Mario Wins with 54% in the whole World, 55% in the Americas, 53% in Asia, But 49% in Europe and Oceania.
Team Luigi Loses with 46% in the whole World, 45% in the Americas, 47% in Asia, But 51% in Europe and Oceania.

The prize was Fire Flower Overalls for 46 points to the losing team.
I repped Team Luigi with 20 points and got the same prize.

I don't think I will get around often enough to help testing for a few weeks since I'm currently very busy.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Hey everybody, I've started illustrating Conquests! :088:
Here's Happy 30th Anniversary!

Making the Cut

How to Get Ahead

And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

Making the Cut: September 18th September 25th

Ike Wins with 40% in the whole World, 37% in the Americas, 37% in Europe and Oceania and 43% in Asia.
Kirby Second with 34% in the whole World, 37% in the Americas, 36% in Europe and Oceania and 32% in Asia.
Shulk Loses with 26% in the whole World, 26% in the Americas, 27% in Europe and Oceania and 25% in Asia.

The prize was 1000 Gold for 78 points contributed to Shulk.

------------------------------------

New Conquest!
September 25th October 2nd

How to Get Ahead
Red Team: Team Crown: :4peach: :rosalina: :4marth: :4dedede:
Blue Team: Team Mask: :4metaknight::4sheik::4samus: :4lucina:
Green Team: Team Helmet: :4falcon: :4wario: :4gaw: :4megaman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Awesome illustrations, Tartoon. The 2nd to last Conquest's pic definitely highlighted who was at the forefront of both sides, while last Conquest's pic is a stylish showcase of their signature slashes. I'm sadly no artist, but I DO see myself as a writer, even though I've not really published anything per se, aside from a scattered few RP-ing moments I've smuggled into some of my posts at various points thus far.

I repped Team Luigi with 20 points and got the same prize.
With my 21 points and your 20 points netting the same prize... can we really use that as proof that 20 is the minimum number? Or might that Conquest's 2nd place prize be *gasp* fradulent?! I don't want to believe the last stated question to be answerable with a yes, but such an anomaly really seems to be such an outlier that it probably shouldn't be considered. I'll go continue the testing this week, but considering who's in it this time, we might be able to make this week the last testing week...

Wii U Results:

Shulk got 3rd place with 29% in the World, 28% in the Americas, 30% in Europe & Oceania, and 31% in Japan.

Kirby got 2nd place with 31% in the World, 33% in the Americas, 30% in Europe & Oceania, and 26% in Japan.
# of Points I've given to this team was 22 on the Wii U version and 20 on the 3DS version.
Total # of points given on Wii U to this Team was 21.
Prize for 2nd was 1000g on both 3DS and Wii U.

Ike got 1st place with 40% in the World, 39% in the Americas, 40% in Europe & Oceania, and 43% in Japan. # of Points I've given to this team was 1 on the Wii U version.
Total # of points given on Wii U to this Team was 0.

Current Points thus far This Week:

8 points on Wii U for Team Helmet
(I may have made it to Sudden Death against a Falcon and over a Yoshi & Roy NOT Koopa, but despite my DTilt fishings to stuff a potential run-up grab attempt, he never attempted a single one of those, and instead he Falcon Kick'd me during my DTilt's cooldown. GG to you, sir.)

1 point on 3DS for Team Helmet
(The ZSS and especially the Bowser player in the room snagged so many KOs away from me, they were practically scooped up like ice cream. Despite that, GG.).

I have high hopes for Team Helmet, considering that Falcon's on board, who had successfully stood up to :4feroy: in the Wii U version, last we saw him. My Kirby votes may have failed to produce any results for the minimum number search, but with Falcon here, I strongly believe he'll make this THEE week that will settle the minimum number question at last.

If there be a team that can stand up to Helmet, it'd probably be Crown, due to Triple D alone. I'd say Marth as well, but recalling a previous Conquest where he and Lucina were on separate teams, they cancelled each other out.

Folks to look out for this week:

Team Crown: Marth, King Dedede, possibly Rosalina.

Team Mask: Samus, Lucina, possibly Meta Knight.

Team Helmet: Falcon, Mega Man, possibly G&W.

For once, my post here is short & to the point. Huh. :confused: How odd of me. *Headtilts* I DID have a somewhat lengthy written scene of sorts planned for this post to test out my fiction writing chops that would've featured MegaYoshi in one of his many outfits (possibly his default one), but it's still under production for now, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be confident enough in it to eventually share it here...

EDIT: 21 points on 3DS and 20 points on Wii U for Team Helmet get! Now I can rest easy on Point Gathering until next Thurday. For now until that day, my :4gaw:, :4wario:, and even my :4megaman: shall take their leave from FG Anywhere.

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

How to Get Ahead: September 25th October 2nd

Team Helmet Wins with 40% in the whole World, 42% in the Americas, 40% in Europe and Oceania and 38% in Asia.
Team Mask Second with 32% in the whole World, 29% in the Americas, 32% in Europe and Oceania and 35% in Asia.
Team Crown Loses with 28% in the whole World, 29% in the Americas, 28% in Europe and Oceania and 27% in Asia.

The prize was a Sudden Death Gambler equipment for 68 points contributed to Team Helmet.

New Conquest!
October 2nd October 9th

Ki vs Aura

Red Team: Ryu :4ryu:
Blue Team: Lucario :4lucario:

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
*Cue "dai - Final Answer (Full)" from the Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru musicbox -Kiri no Pithos- Album*

abx, Nexin, and 1FC0, we can all rest easy now in regards to the 20/21 minimum number question, for the Wii U results that I'll report tonight will decisively answer that question at last!

Wii U Results:

Team Mask got 3rd place with 28% in the World, 27% in the Americas, 28% in Europe & Oceania, and 33% in Japan.

Team Crown got 2nd place with 31% in the World, 31% in the Americas, 30% in Europe & Oceania, and 29% in Japan.

Team Helmet got 1st place with 41% in the World, 42% in the Americas, 42% in Europe & Oceania, and 38% in Japan.
Total # of Points I've given to this team was 20 on the Wii U version and 21 on the 3DS version.

Prizes for 1st:

3DS for 21 points: Sudden Death Gambler Suit with +73 in Defense and -30 in Speed
Wii U for 20 points: 10,000g

With the above findings being what they are, I can firmly state the following sentence with so little doubt, and so much confidence, that I'll declare it not in blue, but in RED!

The minimum number of points required to qualify for the Equipment Prize is NOT 20, but instead 21 points and up!

Unless some sort of Gold Truth comes along to somehow debunk the Red Truth, we can now end this type of testing. Going into this next Conquest, unless/until someone desires any other kind of testing, I can now resume my pursuit of racking up as many points as possible within a week!

*Cue "Hideki Okugawa - Alex & Ken Stage -JAZZY NYC '99-" from the original arcade version of the Street Fighter III 3rd Strike ''Fight for the Future'' Original Soundtrack*

Current point totals thus far as of the making of this post: 2 for Wii U, 7 for 3DS, both for :4ryu:.

Just 2 to 3 days ago, the 1.1.1 patch was released, and many global changes abound for the whole cast.

Look here for details: http://smashboards.com/threads/magical-enigmatic-land-1-1-1-patch-notes.419067/

As for Ryu & Lucario specifically, while Ryu has had no such changes, Lucario has had a 7 frame reduction in endlag on his Down 2, Glancing Counter, whose hitbox angle had been altered from 58 degrees to 65 degrees. I may have once written off his Down 2 some time ago, due to its lack of KO power, but this alteration has sparked my interest in exploring it again. :)

Alas, the Down 2 change has no bearing in FG Anywhere, due to Custom Specials being forbidden. If there be any changes to the MU itself, the Global Changes in the above posted Patch Notes would be a good place to start looking.

As for who I'm predicting to win this week's Conquest, with Ryu's solid 2-0 win record in these Conquests thus far, as well as Lucario's constant losses, I'm strongly believing that Ryu will be winning this week, which could help propel him to the title of the strongest DLC Cast Member thus far.

However, Lucario has gained this shield-breaking tech...

... Which has a counter to it already. :O

As for the MU itself, this may not be the place to talk about it in super-in-depth details, so if you want to do so, check out the Ryu & Lucario boards and ask about it there. Do make sure to post your inquiries in the appropriate Threads if you plan to do so.

Before I end this post, I myself want to at least mention what Custom Loadout I'd run as Lucario, were I to be him in this MU with Customs On, so the Loadout in question for Aura Dog would likely be 2233. The explanation for that Custom Loadout choice shall come later, elsewhere. I'd mention Ryu's Loadout, if he had any, which he doesn't, so until further notice, he'll always be stuck with 1111. :(

If either or even both of the character boards does start seriously discussing this MU during this week, I might make an appearance in that Thread, and I'll likely bring up the Customs side of the MU if possible. I'm personally looking forward to that possibility.

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I took a break from Smash 4 for a week in order to play Rivals of Aether, and since then, the minimum points for the equipment has been discovered and new shield stun mechanics were added that have given my main Ryu some ridiculous buffs. I guess this is my lucky day.

Anyways, I am going to predict Ryu is going to win this one, and of course I'm supporting. I'll go into more detail about my reasoning after I'm finished with classes.

Edit: Alright, time for my reasoning. Normally a patch wouldn't influence my descision way too much, but I feel that this one is an exception. Ryu's biggest disadvantage pre patch was how unsafe his aerials were on shield, and as a result his neutral could be very awkward if you hadn't put enough time into him; however, with the new shield mechanics, his aerials are a lot safer to throw out in the neutral, especially his powerful fair. While he is still a difficult character to use, I feel that more players will be willing to put the time into him over the next conquest.

Woth that said, I wouldn't be surprised if this was close or if Lucario won. He gained a lot out of this patch as well, plus getting past a Lucario with high aura's zoning is not easy, especially in FG conditions and with a character like Ryu.

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

Ki vs. Aura: October 2nd to October 9th

Lucario Wins with 55% in the whole World, 62% in Europe and Oceania and 59% in Asia, But 49% in the Americas.
Ryu Loses with 45% in the whole World, 38% in Europe and Oceania and 41% in Asia, But 51% in the Americas.

The prize was 1000 gold for 78 points contributed to Ryu.

New Conquest!
October 9th to October 16th

Series Showdown, Round 3!

Red Team: Donkey Kong: :4dk: :4diddy:
Blue Team: Metroid: :4samus: :4zss:
Green Team: Star Fox: :4fox::4falco:

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
While Nexin was spot-on about his last paragraph for the 3DS version, his unedited paragraphs in regards to the Wii U version....

*Cue the Stage Results Theme from SF3:3S*

Wii U Results:
:4lucario: got 2nd place with 36% in the World, 34% in the Americas, 41% in Europe & Oceania, and 38% in Japan.
:4ryu: got 1st place with 64% in the World, 66% in the Americas, 59% in Europe & Oceania, and 62% in Japan. Total Points given to Ryu was 34 on Wii U and 54 on 3DS.

Prize for 1st on Wii U was Desperate Speedster Shin Guards (didn't get to check the stats yet).
Prize for 2nd on 3DS was 1000g.

So the entire DLC Cast has now lost as least once in 1 of the versions... While I can still trust our 3 most recent DLC Cast Members to put on strong performances that are capable of winning Conquests, it's pretty safe to say that :4mewtwo:is the weakest of the DLC Cast Members thus far, and unless he gets some major buffs the size of what :4wiifit:, :4dk:, & :4shulk:were given some time ago, it'll likely stay that way.

Current points so far: Both for Team DK (repped :4dk: for both versions), 4 on Wii U (Ran into a :4pacman: that SOMEHOW brought out the trampoline RIGHT BEFORE I DAired him), 5 on 3DS (Ran into a :4kirby:-cider that got everyone else in the room except me with that tactic, and DK's among the most vulnerable to it, so props to me for surviving that, at least (Shoutouts to the Beefy Smash Doods for sharing tech regarding the proper way to mash, which is spinning the stick ONLY when off-stage, and mashing each type of button when on-stage).).

*Cue Pompy the Presumptuous (aka the 1st Major Boss Theme at Big Top Bop) from the DKC: Tropical Freeze OST, and hardcore rocks out to one of the absolute BEST fight songs to have ever graced the DKC series (and yet it didn't make it into Sm4sh. Waht. :c)*

Since we last saw the DK Crew, :4dk: himself was blessed with the Cargo Up Throw --> UAir juggle dubbed the "Ding Dong" & cursed with decreased shield damage on all versions of Neutral B & Side B, while the 1.1.2 patch released yesterday returned :4diddy: to a more grab-able state, which allowed him back into tournaments everywhere.

:4fox:'s Down Throw fires 1 extra laser during it. Not sure what that means for him, since I don't play him. I'm more of a :4falco: guy myself, who has had nothing changed about him this patch.

:4zss: received no changes as well, but :4samus: was considerably buffed in regards to her FAir, NAir, and Up B. While I'm now a bigger fan of her buffed Melee Charge Shot (Neutral 3) than ever before, she cannot use it in FG Anywhere, much to my disappointment.

Place Predictions:

1st: Team DK
2nd: Team Metroid
3rd: Team Fox

Folks to expect to see the most over the next week:
Team DK: :4dk:
Team Metroid: :4samus: (if her last Conquest appearance is anything to go by....)
Team Fox: :4fox:

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
*Cue Diddy Clear (Forest Interlude) from the DKC2 OST* *At the 00:08 mark* "Why wasn't, this place in Tropicall Freeheeze~? There weresome, sketches in thegallery~"

Wii U Results:

Team Fox got 3rd place with 32% in the World, 33% in the Americas, 30% in Europe & Oceania, and 28% in Japan.
Team DK got 2nd place with 32% in the World, 31% in the Americas, 32% in Europe & Oceania, and 35% in Japan.
Team Samus got 1st place with 36% in the World, 36% in the Americas, 38% in Europe & Oceania, and 37% in Japan.

Prize for 2nd on both Wii U & 3DS is 1000g
Total Points given to Team DK were 29 on Wii U and 79 on 3DS (I was actually repping thee DK the whole week. NO Diddy at all for me :D).

*Cue Muramatsu Ken - Balloon Mode ~Yume Kara Samete mo~ from the Sketchbook ~full color'S~ sound sketch book album*

"BALLOOOOOON!" - Karnov, Fighter's History Dynamite: Karnov's Revenge, for the Neo Geo MVS/AES, upon inputting Half Circle Back, Up Back + Any Punch (only Light or Heavy Punch, since there's only 4 buttons in comparison to Capcom's 6 button fighters, whose 2 extra buttons supported Medium Punch & Kick).
I actually mained him in FHD, alongside Ryoko (She can legit combo INTO her command grab like Shermie from KOF, and the damage from Close Standing HP xx HCF + Any Punch was... 8O) & Marstorius (Double German's range was ridiculously long for a command grab, plus his other command grab reaches all the way to the other side of the screen, yet it was blockable, YET it did chip damage. XD), due to his "BALLOOOON!" attack allowing for ambigious cross-ups, a way to not have to fully commit to a jump, and its pro-rushdown applications when Tiger Knee'd (inputting the whole motion while you're on the ground, so as to perform the normally air-only move as close to the ground as possible). He also had the Jumping HP/HK --> Standing HP/HK xx Hold Back for 1 second then Forward + Any Kick (preferably HK) legit combo that took off almost 50% of the opponent's HP. Depending on the opponent (another Karnov, specifically), the Jumping HK --> Standing HK xx The Already Stated Special Move legit combo could dizzy him in 1 go from the MOMENT the round starts, because to dizzy someone in FHD, you have to target 1 specific article of clothing (that differs from character to character) enough times to knock it off. Perform the exact same combo again after scoring the dizzy, and you'll have taken off almost 90% of the opponent's HP in 1 go, because apparently, the damage values for various attacks in FHD are just as high as in Super Turbo. Man, do I miss old-school traditional 2D fighters where short 'n simple legit combos could do truckloads of damage, making stray poke conversions powerful and footsies importantly dangerous... Even Ryu's Weak/Strong DTilt/UTilt xx Special combos don't do as much damage here (including hard knockdowns if Tatsu or DP or upclose Shakunetsus were used) as it did back in Super Turbo or Alphas or SF3...

ANYWAYS!

*Cue Hitoshi Sakimoto - IMPREGNABLE FORTRESS -STAGE 7- from the Gradius 5 soundtrack*

10/15/2015 - 10/22/2015
Balloon Fight
:4jigglypuff: VS :4villager:

Current points for Chillager is 7 points on the Wii U (A Ganondorf yoinked many KOs from me, a Peach, and a Greninja) and 3 on the 3DS (I got outplayed by the Shulk & Lucina in the room for getting too close while going aggro, plain 'n simple).

*Thinking of SMW* Where's :4mario:?
*Thinks of Galaxy 2 & NSMB Wii U* Where's :4yoshi:?
*Thinks of Canvas Curse next* Where's :4kirby:?
*Then thinks of a certain Adaptor from a famous #4...* Where's :4megaman:?

I'm going to be repping the got-no-buffs-at-all-outside-of-added-shield-stun Chillager this week, despite wanting to rep the newly-buffed-by-extra-shield-stun-and-nothing-else Puff, due to his/her previously strong results thus far in comparison to Puff, as well as Happy Home Designer & the upcoming Amiibo Festival hype. While Explosive Balloon Trip, aka Doctor Doom's Hidden Missiles Assist, DID get a range nerf in both the balloon blast radius and the distance that Villager can go with Up 2, it sadly has no bearing in FG Anywhere (but MUCH bearing in the Customs On Tourney rooms at least! 83).

Oh, and in the Wii U version, I use the "4Conquest!" tag before starting matches in the FG FFA room, so as to warn everyone in the room that I'll be using whoever happens to be in the Conquest each week, in an attempt to defuse as much salt as possible. Seeing as how Chillager is one of those high-tier folks that I imagine still generates much :shaker: among the Online Warrior populace, with complaints like, "Bowling Ball KOs me way too early, especially as an edgeguarding tool!", "Popping both balloons during that fast-moving Up B without hitting Villager softly as well is way too hard!", and "Pocket takes away my Mechakoopas, Gyros, and Fruits for way too long!", I'm glad I have that "4Conquest!" tag to use before bringing out my aggressive rushdown Chillager. Lately, however, I've been a "1 match, win or lose, and then I'm gone," kind of guy in regards to these FG FFA battles (In the Wii U version, it's so I can go to Tourney Mode for the Customs On rooms as much/often as possible), though I still try to stick around if I see a rare specimen like Jr, DH, Alph/Olimar, Doctor Mario, Wii Fit Trainer, and others. Perhaps the amount of big posts I plan to make around here could explain why I've taken on such an approach as of late...

As for the Jigglypuff VS Villager MU itself, I don't necessarily have AS much of a personal investment in that MU as I did the Ryu VS Lucario MU (which neither of their boards seem to have gone over (I'd imagine it'd be in Ryu's favor, once he gets in, due to his faster A buttons and his generally high DPS & KO power, including UTilts x?? xx True DP at 90+%), though the DH boards ARE looking to cover Lucario soon, so if anyone has any intel to share regarding the DH VS Lucario MU, we'd greatly appreciate it), but I'd imagine Villager having the advantage, despite Puff's great aerial mobility giving her a solid mixup response to Bowling Ball edgeguards, due to his arsenal forcing Puff to approach, as well as his higher weight & general KO power. Villager's 3 frame juggle-breaking NAir poses problems for Puff's Rest attempts, due to it circling all around him, which none of Jr's attacks can comfortably do, though Side 3 & Up 2 both let him tank a Rest hit and then either Jump Cancel out of it into a charged FSmash punish (Side 3) or potentially dunk Puff into the abyss for trying (Up 2).

Basically, I'm predicting that :4villagerf: will win this week over Puff.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

Series Showsown, Round 3: October 9th to October 16th

Metroid Wins with 39% in the whole World, 36% in the Americas, 41% in Europe and Oceania and 42% in Asia.
Star Fox Second with 32% in the whole World, 36% in the Americas, 30% in Europe and Oceania But 28% in Asia.
Donkey Kong Loses with 29% in the whole World, 28% in the Americas, 29% in Europe and Oceania But 30% in Asia.
The prize was 1000 gold for 52 points contributed to Donkey Kong.

New Conquest!
October 16th to October 23rd

Balloon Fight

Red Team: :4jigglypuff:
Blue Team: :4villager:

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

Balloon Fight: October 16th October 23rd

Villager Wins with 55% in the whole World, 50% in the Americas, 55% in Europe and Oceania and 61% in Asia.
Jigglypuff Loses with 45% in the whole World, 50% in the Americas, 45% in Europe and Oceania and 39% in Asia.

The prize is Thistle Jump Shoes equipment for 77 points to Villager.

New Conquest!
October 23rd October 30th
Primary Colors
Red Team: Team Red: :4mario: :4charizard: :4ness: :4feroy:
Blue Team: Team Blue: :4megaman: :4zss: :4marth: :4greninja:
Green Team: Team Yellow: :4pacman: :4wario: :4pikachu: :4lucas:

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I myself am still wondering how Team DK lost that week....Though to me, this is a bigger mystery, given the above:

*Cue "Mt. Red: a Symbol of Thrill... for Red Mountain" from the Sonic Adventure OST*

Wii U Results:
:4jigglypuff: got 1st place with 52% in the World, 53% in the Americas, 52% in Europe & Oceania, and 44% in Japan.
:4villager: got 2nd place with 48% in the World, 47% in the Americas, 48% in Europe & Oceania, and 56% in Japan. Total Points given to Chillager Villager was 35 on Wii U and 50 on 3DS.

Prize for 1st on 3DS was Thistle Jump Shoes with +71 Speed & -33 Attack.
Prize for 2nd on Wii U was 1000g.
I'm... really not sure how this discrepancy happened.
I'm honestly at a loss of words for why this is so.

"It's time to paint the town red!" - Peacock, Skullgirls

For both of these battles, I was :005:zard. :3

*Has come back from the Wii U U.S. FG FFA room against a :4kirby: and 2 :4ganondorf:s, where I basically scooped up many a KO, especially the 1st stocks where I straight up single-handedly cleaned out the whole room!* This replay will likely be up tomorrow night at some point, due to... circumstances that will stop me from reaching the Wii U until it's practically 8 PM Pacific Time or later.

*Has come back from 3-0-ing a :4tlink: in the 3DS FG FFA room! An unprecedented feat from yours truly!* This match has been uploaded to the U.S. servers under the name "MomentusRushdown". 8D

Points so far: 11 on Wii U, 7 on 3DS, both for the Red Team.

Folks I'm most likely to expect to see for this week:

Red Team: Just about the entirety of that team, really.
Personally, I'll swap between :4feroy: and
throughout this week. BTW, that's Gladiacloud's version of him for Mugen, who I rep very often, alongside Zangoose, Sceptile, and even Royce's DHD. Oh, and of course MegaYoshi.
As for most likely on the Red Team, it'd be :4mario: & :4ness:, followed by MAYBE :4charizard: on 3DS & MAYBE :4feroy: on Wii U (If the Conquest results have shown anything thus far, it's that the DLC Cast Members seem to have stronger support bases on the Wii U version than on the 3DS)

Blue Team: :4zss: (Shoutouts to Nairo for FINALLY defeating ZeR0 at MLG in a convincingly hype manner)
:4marth: (Extra shield stun has blessed him, yet that Shield Breaker nerf... :facepalm:),

*Disclaimer: Yoshi Body Not Included* <RL Me> Awww. :C

Yellow Team: <Nostalgia Critic> ":4lucas:, darling!"
:4pikachu: (Esam's been talking up how safe his electricity has made some of his moves on block.... :p).

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

Primary Colors: October 23rd October 30th

Team Red Wins with 45% in the whole World, 45% in the Americas, 42% in Europe and Oceania and 46% in Asia.
Team Blue Second with 33% in the whole World, 33% in the Americas, 37% in Europe and Oceania and 32% in Asia.
Team Yellow Loses with 22% in the whole World, 22% in the Americas, 21% in Europe and Oceania and 22% in Asia.

The 1000 gold for 58 points to team Yellow

New Conquest!
October 30th November 6th
Unarmed Combat
Red Team: Team Fists: :4littlemac: :4falcon:
Blue Team: Team Spins: :4sonic: :4jigglypuff:
Green Team: Team Arm: :4dk: :4ganondorf:

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
*Cue "Everlasting Red" from the Mega Man Zero 3 OST*

Wii U Results:
Red Team got 1st place with 46% in the World, 47% in the Americas, 45% in Europe & Oceania, and 47% in Japan. Total Points given to the Red Team was 63 on the Wii U and 69 on the 3DS.
Blue Team got 2nd place with 32% in the World, 31% in the Americas, 34% in Europe & Oceania, and 32% in Japan.
Yellow Team got 3rd place with 22% in the World, 22% in the Americas, 21% in Europe & Oceania, and 21% in Japan.

Prize for 1st on 3DS & Wii U was a KO Healer Brawn Badge with +49 Attack and -23 Defense.

While I'm pleased to see that :4feroy: got to be a part of another winning team, it might have been at the expense of fellow DLC Cast Member :4lucas:, who was sadly among the 3rd placing team (I reckon Nairo winning MLG with :4zss: and even :4drmario: might have had something to do with Blue Team's 2nd place finish....). It is with this week that it's now apparent that from 1st to last among the DLC Cast Members thus far in terms of Conquest Winnings, it's Ryu, then Roy, then Lucas, and then Mewtwo. Coincidentally, that seems to also be where they are on the tier list....

Speaking of Ryu...

*Cue "RISE UP TO THE STAR (Theme from J.McCoy)" from the Kaiser Knuckle OST*
Team I'll be supporting this week: Team Fists

Who I repped for Round 1: :4wiremac:w/ the Super Punch Out look.

Points So Far:
7 points on Wii U (Got to Sudden Death against a Villager, ran up for the grab when he sent out a Lloid... Only to find out that I missed the grab and then got blown up by the Lloid for it, because-- :4ryu: "Your range was one fist short.")
Hopefully the Villager player laughed it up as much as I did. XD
It had to have been sheer coincidence that this moment happened mere hours after I made this gigantic post on the Duck Hunt VS Ryu MU, which did start half a day ago, and it will continue for a few more days, so if anyone around here has any intel to share regarding that matchup, feel free to drop by. On that note, I wonder if Nexin & Emblem Lord will drop by that Thread...

Anyways, 8 points on 3DS (While I did get lucky enough to be at a Walled Omega, which helped me recover from distances that would normally be the end for the boxer, and while I did score a KO for every time I got KO'd, it was ultimately enough for a 2nd place finish. "HoldingOut4Walls" is the name of this sent replay in the 3DS U.S. FG FFA room)
"Hey, are you gonna rep me this week?"

As much as I'd love to, only your body isn't here. Your colors and your gloves are on different teams. :(

Thankfully.... (This shade of green came from YochiThMaster333's edit, located here: http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Yoshi/Mike's_second_version/Edits)

Aside from being a hairless inversion of the Super Punch Out outfit, this will pretty much be the outfit I'll be repping with :4wiremac:this week, because not only is Super Punch Out my absolute favorite game in the series (Ticking off Narcis Prince by punching his face is such a hilarious feat! It's also more faithful to the arcade versions than the NES & Wii versions were.), but the Wireframe outfits make his Neutral B charges quieter, which is ideal for the FG FFA room, where everyone else is prone to focusing on everyone else instead of me at various moments, especially if they don't hear me charging up his Neutral B before its too late.:troll:

I DO plan on repping Orange Helmet :4falcon: this week as well, for those YOLO B-Reversed Reverse Falcon Punches, and also for how hilariously hype he is. X3 I just wish I could run Mac's Neutral 3, Stunning Straight Lunge, and Falcon's Side 3, Wind-Up Raptor Boost, since they got damage buffs in this patch.... ._.

Folks I expect to see more often this week:

Team Fists
: The whole team, really, which is why I believe this will be the winning team this week.

Team Spins: :4jigglypuff: (No changes for Puff, though :4sonic: does more shield damage on his Tech Get Up Attack now, just like :4bowserjr:)

Team Arm: :4ganondorf: (On top of being among the FG FFA favorites, his NAir not only became easier to connect in full, but it also got a damage buff)

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

Primary Colors: October 30th November 6th

Team Fists Wins with 51% in the whole World, 53% in the Americas, 51% in Europe and Oceania and 48% in Asia.
Team Arms Second with 31% in the whole World, 28% in the Americas, 28% in Europe and Oceania and 35% in Asia.
Team Spins Loses with 18% in the whole World, 19% in the Americas, 21% in Europe and Oceania and 17% in Asia.

The prize was Dodgy Dodger Clothes for 77 points to Team Fists

New Conquest!
November 6th November 13th
A Balanced Diet
Red Team: Vegetables: :4peach:
Blue Team: Nuts: :4diddy:
Green Team: Fruits: :4pacman:

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
NOTE: Because of Daylight Saving Time having ended on Sunday, 11/01/2015 at 2 AM Pacific Time, the clock went back 1 hour at that time.
Thus, this Conquest and the next one will end at 22:00 = 10 PM Pacific Time instead of 23:00 = 11 PM Pacific Time.

*Cue "Glory's Fanfare" from the Final Fantasy 13-2 OST*

Wii U Results:
Team Fists got 1st place with 49% in the World, 50% in the Americas, 49% in Europe & Oceania, and 44% in Japan. Total Points given to this team was 30 on the Wii U and 84 on the 3DS.
Team Arms got 2nd place with 32% in the World, 31% in the Americas, 32% in Europe & Oceania, and 40% in Japan.
Team Spin got 3rd place with 19% in the World, 19% in the Americas, 19% in Europe & Oceania, and 16% in Japan.

Prize for 1st was Dodgy Dodger Clothes with +89 Defense and -4 Speed.
"It gives a bit less time to dodge an enemy attack." - In-Game Description.
Translation: You have slightly less invincibility frames on rolls, spotdodges, and airdodges. I DO wonder if folks have gotten around or want to implement this with the "Smooth Lander Heavy Gravity" settings.... I reckon some folks out there would LOVE to stick this on everyone in FG Anywhere and Tourney Mode... :troll:

*Cue Rainbow Curse's rendition of Kirby's Adventure's Vegetable Valley Theme*

Current points so far: 5 on Wii U (3rd place finish~), 11 on 3DS (Replay of this was sent to the U.S. FG FFA area under the name "ScoringKOsSafely"), both for Fire Flower :4peach:

Most Recent Patch Note Changes:
:4peach: = Toad (Neutral Special) ending frame reduced 64 → 62 (customs affected: 66 → 61)
:4diddy: = He's still fully grab-able.
:4pacman: = Nothing.

Place Predictions:
1st: :4peach:
2nd: :4pacman:
3rd: :4diddy:

Last edited:

abx

Smash Journeyman
You what mate? No chance Diddy's not winning this by a mile. You heard it first from me.

Still going to rep Pac-Man.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Wii U Results:

Peach got 1st place with 40% in the World, 43% in the Americas, 41% in Europe & Oceania, and 30% in Japan. Total Points given to her was 23 on the Wii U and 56 on the 3DS.
Pac-Man got 2nd place with 32% in the World, 31% in the Americas, 31% in Europe & Oceania, and 37% in Japan.
Diddy got 3rd place with 28% in the World, 26% in the Americas, 28% in Europe & Oceania, and 33% in Japan.

Prize for 1st on the Wii U was a Caloric Defender Dress.
Prize for 2nd on the 3DS was 1000g.
Wow, I'm positively surprised that my prediction was absolutely spot-on for the Wii U version.

The 3DS version however... I'll let Tartoon share that one. ;P A pleasant surprise awaits you there, abx. ;)

Before I get going here, I'd like to bring this up, in case some of you missed this during the explosive hype & attention his Social Thread got:
In all my years, I NEVER would've thought that thee Cloud Strife would make it here! He was such an out-of-left-field addition that he was only in Smash Flash 1 before this, and yet he's NOT in Smash Flash 2. 8O

Thankfully, Cloud is NO stranger to fighting games, for the very 1st one that he's ever been in, even before Dissidia, was Ehrgeiz: God Bless The Ring for the PS1 (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197216-ehrgeiz) and Arcade.

Here be some hilariously hype footage of it featuring Cloud and several other FF7 characters from the Kings of Poverty for RAINN! Classic Game Mystery Tournament. Major NSFW E-Sports UNfriendly language warning for the entirety of the event, though. Check out before and after this match for the other FF7 characters, and there's more Ehrgeiz footage in Part 8 of the Mystery Game Tournament.
I DO wonder if anything about his Ehrgeiz incarnation will make it here in Sm4sh...
For those of you who want to see some more recent Ehrgeiz!Cloud footage, here ya go, and this time, the language is not only in Japanese, but also E-Sports friendly, as far as I'm aware.
Oh, and this is likely where his slide from the trailer came from. :>
Though I severely doubt his Buster Sword slashes will be unblockable here like it is in Ehrgeiz (the red aura that surrounds his slashes to indicate that it's unblockable costs red meter, so if the meter's gone, so are his slashes), unless his Limit Break mechanic (which he does NOT have in Ehrgeiz) will do something about that.

I myself have never played any part of the Dissidia series, so if anything from that series is likely going to make it into his Sm4sh incarnation, I'd be happy to read about it. Does he have a Limit Break mechanic in that series? If so, how does it work?

My biggest hope for him is what Ryu has achieved: PLEASE let at least ONE of his A button moves be directly cancel-able into any ONE of his B button moves.

And now we resume our normal programming:
*Cue "Don't Hold My Breath (Candy Mountain)" by Benjamin Briggs from the OverClocked ReMix album, Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute* Check it out for free here: http://milkyway.ocremix.org

However, the last two songs in that album warrant a NSFW warning. Personally though, hearing "Apple Bottom Jeans"-- *ROFLs!* Lyrics-wise, I-I don't think there's anything that can possibly top that in regards to ludicrous-ness, since that's the last thing I'd have expected to hear from a VG Remix Album, because I expect that to be super far away from the "clubs" that America's "popular" tunes (I.E. what's played on the radio that usually shows up on Billboard's yearly Top 100 lists that Todd in the Shadows over at ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com goes over (NSFW warning for that site, btw)) over the last decade or so seem to be utterly enamored with. It is why I often find myself saying something to this effect in regards to any VG Song that seems dance-able (Ex. Kirby's Dream Land 3's Hyper Zone 1 (aka, Part 1 of the Dark Matter fight), which would TOTALLY be a 9 or 10 Footer in DDR/ITG/PIU if it were longer): "If you remix this in just the right way, you could TOTALLY get away with smuggling this into the club. >:3"
ANYWAYS!

Current Points thus far: 7 points on both 3DS & Wii U, for Green Coat :4dedede: (#4TheWaddleDees!)

I'll be frank: This week's battle is really between :4kirby: and :4dedede:. As much as I want to make errybody in the room "Wobble dat!", :4wiifit: has no chance at winning this one. Between the 2, I'm rooting for Triple D, since he's one of the FG FFA favorites (so is Kirby, but the King generally outranges him), and unlike in their series, the Batamon's not completely destined to win via fate/determination/the plot saying so/interference from Lambdadelta the Witch of Certainty/etc.

Most Recent Patch Note Changes:
:4kirby: =

• "Ice Breath (N-Special 2)
    • Hitboxes moved forward
    • 6% hitbox angle 40° → 30°, base 50 → 40, size 7.0 → 7.5
    • Startup reduced
    • Ending reduced
  • Hammer Bash (S-Special 2)
    • Aerial weight kb 20 50
    • Hitbox priority lowered for sweet spot
    • Startup reduced"
:4wiifitm: = "Volatile Breathing (D-Special 2) unknown collision flag altered"
:4dedede: = Nothing.

While I'm hype about those moves getting changed, they sadly have no bearing in FG Anywhere.

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Just my Friday the 13th luck, my 3DS couldn't connect to the server all day!
The one day Splooshy depends on me!

Anyway

And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

TitleOld: Month dateth Month dateth

Fruits Win with 40% in the whole World, 38% in the Americas, 41% in Europe and Oceania and 43% in Asia.
Vegetables Second with 34% in the whole World, 38% in the Americas, 33% in Europe and Oceania and 29% in Asia.
Nuts Loses with 26% in the whole World, 24% in the Americas, 26% in Europe and Oceania and 28% in Asia.

The prize was 10000 gold for 7 points to PacMan…which is either very odd or very pathetic considering I’m sure I contributed More than that. I also divided a lot of points between PacMan and Peach but that shouldn’t be that kind of factor.

It was 30 points to PacMan and 23 points to Peach.
Oh I see, they only reward you for the difference.

And an odd glitch caused this conquest to register 4 times.

What is going on with the servers?

New Conquest!
Month dateth Month dateth.
Inhale…Exhale
Red Team: Kirby :4kirby:
Blue Team: King Dedede :4dedede:
Green Team: Wii Fit Trainer :4wiifit:

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Wow, today is thee Friday the 13th? :dizzy: How did I not notice that? ;o

The 3DS servers HAVE been rather shaky as of late, so it's understandable that we'd have trouble participating in these recent Conquests. I thought that the 3DS-Itself Updates would help out with this, but apparently not. :\

It's sad that I can count on needing at least 2 attempts before I can actually connect to the online menu, which is definitely annoying, since I've now become a "one & done" kind of guy as of late (unless someone like :4bowserjr: or :4duckhunt: or :4wiifit: or :4ryu: show up, in which case, I'll try to make more of an effort to stick around), because I'm often wanting to do other things, like playing other titles like Yoshi's New Island (control-wise, it's probably the worst of the whole series), commenting on various artwork on dA (most recently, it's been Ryex-617's, who actually responds back to my often-long comments, so big shout-outs to him), and drafting various fiction ideas featuring numerous fan-characters that I've yet to use anywhere on the internets. Oh, and making various posts throughout these boards, here & there.

Yep, it's been established months ago (in red text, even! </Umineko no Naku Koro ni reference>) that if you want to qualify for the potential 1st place prize, it's recommended that you pick 1 side and stick with it.

More recently, I can add to that above statement: The potential 1st place side MUST have 21+ points given to it, and the other sides must NOT have enough points gathered to detract from the potential 1st place side enough to reduce its given points to 20 or less.

Last edited:

abx

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy, I'm happily surprised! Cool to see that even Pac-Man can make it.

"The 3DS servers HAVE been rather shaky as of late, so it's understandable that we'd have trouble participating in these recent Conquests. I thought that the 3DS-Itself Updates would help out with this, but apparently not. :\ "

Oh, so others have that too? Do you get any error messages or does it just say that there were an connection error? I have that of lately, but it did perfectly correlate with my new router, so I didn't thought much about it.

Going to rep the His Majesty btw, one of my favs.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
For me, the simple "Failed to Connect" Error is the most common one I see, which is usually whenever I try to simply go online in the 1st place. It's frequent enough that I have to make sure I'm not wishy-washy in what I'm intending to do, once I DO eventually connect (either I get lucky on the 1st go, or it takes me 2+ tries).

Thankfully, lately, I've been able to FINISH my Conquest matches, unlike previous weeks where, despite having no problems reaching the Online Menu, Match-Ending "Communication" Errors were unusually common. :/

Nice to read that you'll be joining me in serving the King this week, abx. Come to think of it, I've been running into more penguins than anyone else this week in the FG FFA area thus far, so the odds of him winning are looking pretty good. :p

Sooner or later, I'll get a chance to CLOBBER DAT DERE KIRBEH! >:3 *Chuckles upon actually saying that out loud XD*

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

Inhale… Exhale: November 13th November 20th

Kirby Wins with 59% in the whole World, 59% in the Americas, 62% in Europe and Oceania and 58% in Asia.
King Dedede Second with 26% in the whole World, 26% in the Americas, 26% in Europe and Oceania and 25% in Asia.
Wii Fit Trainer Loses with 15% in the whole World, 15% in the Americas, 12% in Europe and Oceania and 17% in Asia.

The prize for me was 1000 Gold for 60 points to Wii Fit Trainer.

Wii Fit Trainer’s loss at 15% is the second time they’ve been so low compared to two other characters, the last time being in Firm Up Those Abs against Captain Falcon and Lucario, coming second only to Olimar’s record 13% in Sky’s the Limit against Diddy Kong and Villager.

New Conquest!
November 20th November 27th
14 Years of SSB Melee
Red Team: Team Zelda :4zelda: :4peach: :4gaw: :4feroy:
Blue Team: Team Marth :4marth: :4sheik: :4mewtwo: :4drmario:
Green Team: Team Bowser :4bowser: :4ganondorf: :4falco:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Wii U Results:

:4kirby: got 1st place with 52% in the World, 52% in the Americas, 52% in Europe & Oceania, and 50% in Japan.
:4dedede: got 2nd place with 32% in the World, 32% in the Americas, 33% in Europe & Oceania, and 31% in Japan. Total Points given to him was 23 on the Wii U and 73 on the 3DS.
:4wiifit: got 3rd place with 16% in the World, 16% in the Americas, 15% in Europe & Oceania, and 19% in Japan.

Prize for 2nd was 1000g on both Wii U and 3DS.

I may have admirably served the king last week, but alas, this week ended the way it normally does in their own series: With the Batamon coming out on top.

Current points so far: 10 on Wii U and 2 on 3DS, both for Red Team (repped Yellow/Gold :4feroy: tonight, since that was my go-to color for him during the Melee days. Nowadays, it's between light purple, dark purple (?) and black, none of which were around in Melee.)

*Cue "20, November" by N.M.R feat. DJ nagureo from DDR 3rd Mix/2nd Append -Club v2-*
*Proceeds to smoothly dance to this, DDR style, on its highest difficulty, Heavy with the 7 Footer rating, withOUT hugging the bar*

Well, today IS the 20th of November, and DDR Extreme DID come out in 2001, I think.... X)
How I've yet to bump up "Harvest November" from the Seiken Densetsu 3 OST around here is beyond me. :confused:

Anyways, Place Predictions:
1st: Green Team
Bowser & Ganondorf together can be Harvest November's answer to February's Link & Shulk. Falco, despite being as high up there in Melee's tier list as Fox, will merely be a tag-along in comparison to the heavies.

2nd: Red Team
Roy, G&W, and Peach will likely be leading the charge for this team, with Zelda probably being the tag-along.

3rd: Blue Team
Marth and possibly Doc (thanks Nairo, for repping him during MLG) will lead this team. Mewtwo has long since fallen from the June days, and despite Sheik being teh #1 character out of erryone, her track record during these weekly Conquests thus far run contrary to that fact.

TBH, I'm actually pleased that Sheik's Conquest winning powers are as low as they are (and for that matter, Diddy's and possibly Rosalina's (It saddens me that she's not as well-received among the populace as the likes of Shadow Labrys, Carl Clover, and Eddie/Zato-1 were, whom her fighting style takes inspiration from)), since it proves that FF & FG Anywhere's conditions makes its meta different enough that those 3, who normally have strong appearances in actual tournaments, can actually be challenged online to such an extent that folks who normally lose to them, such as Kirby, Ganondorf, and Bowser, can actually win.

In fact, in terms of Conquest winning powers, I'd consider Kirby, Ganondorf, and Bowser to be among the top tiers, alongside Falcon, Mario, and Little Mac.

*Proceeds to stroll down memory lane by bumping up a bunch of other songs that were in DDR Extreme, like Groove, Hysteria 2001, Luv to Me (Disco Mix), among others, and lets his incredibly vivid imagination run wild as he tears it up on the metal DDR pad*

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

14 Years of SSB Melee: November 20th November 27th
Team Bowser Wins with 40% in the whole World, 37% in the Americas, 42% in Europe and Oceania and 44% in Asia.
Team Marth Second with 34% in the whole World, 35% in the Americas, 34% in Europe and Oceania and 33% in Asia.
Team Zelda Loses with 26% in the whole World, 28% in the Americas, 24% in Europe and Oceania and 23% in Asia.

The prize is 1000 Gold for 51 points to Team Zelda.

New Conquest!
November 27th December 4th.
Blink and You’ll Miss It
Red Team: Lucario :4lucario:
Blue Team: Sonic :4sonic:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Wii U Results:

Red Team got 3rd with 29% in the World, 30% in the Americas, 27% in Europe & Oceania, and 24% in Japan. Total Points given to this team was 35 on the Wii U and 70 on the 3DS.
Blue Team got 2nd with 33% in the World, 33% in the Americas, 33% in Europe & Oceania, and 33% in Japan.
Green Team got 1st with 38% in the World, 37% in the Americas, 40% in Europe & Oceania, and 43% in Japan.

Prize for 3rd is 1000g on both 3DS and Wii U

While I'm impressed that I called 1st place, the real surprise was the Red Team taking last place. I'm going to guess that Nairo's performance with Doc during MLG was a lot more influential than I thought. Aside from that, I'm at a loss for words here. :confused:

*Cue "Need Speed" from the Melty Blood: Actress Again: Current Code OST*

Current points for ^ is 10 on Wii U and 4 on 3ds

*WAS going to write up patch notes on both :4lucario: & :4sonic:, only to notice upon scrolling up this very page that he had already done so* :b:

Wow. ;o This is going to be the 1st Conquest in which I've already gathered patch data on the combatants featured this week, all on 1 page. They may be coming off of big losses, but at least for sure, one of them is going to win this week. Who exactly, I'm really not sure. For now, I'm repping MegaSonicYoshi.

Welp, I guess this means I can go right into the MU, or at least a basic overview.

Building off of Nexin's post during the Lucario VS Ryu week, I can definitely say that Sonic has an easier time closing in on Aura Dog than Ryu does with his sheer movement speed & options. Sonic also has the faster A & B buttons than Lucario. However, he doesn't have Ryu's sheer KO power (Nerfs to Back Throw and USmash in previous patches definitely hurt him in this regard), which can be a problem if he doesn't score the KO early enough, since Lucario's the living embodiment of UMVC3's X-Factor.

{FG 1v1 & Teams settings idea} Only if Sonic (or his partner) scores the 1st KO does he gain the option to run around the stage in hopes of laming out Aura Dog.

*Cue UMVC3 Phoenix Wright's normal Theme*

Speaking of X-Factor, a couple weeks back, the Duck Hunt boards covered the Lucario MU here, with the highlights being Croi leading the charge on that MU (he mains both canines), my Customs-focused post that features a really cool EVO2k7 moment that I still believe is admired by Aura Dog players everywhere, and Joshua Flynn possibly having "gotten in over his head" so to speak (or at least it appeared that way to me. Also, was that the right phrasing?).

I myself also extensively talked about the Sonic MU, albeit from Jr's perspective here. Scroll up for Sonic's side of the Lucario MU (which doesn't feature me at all). Not sure if the Aura Dog boards covered the Sonic MU yet, but if not, then perhaps this might be the week they will.

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

Blink and You’ll Miss It: November 27th December 4th

Lucario Wins with 52% in the whole World, 56% in Europe and Oceania and 54% in Asia, But 49% in the Americas
Sonic Loses with 48% in the whole World, 44% in Europe and Oceania and 46% in Asia, But 51% in the Americas.

Thanks to my terrible Nintendo Network connection this past month, the prize for me was 10000 Gold for just 8 points contributed.

New Conquest!
December 4th December 11th.
On the Rebound
Red Team: Team Mario: :4mario: :4pit: :4drmario: :4darkpit:
Blue Team: Team Fox: :4fox: :4zelda: :4falco: :4mewtwo:
Green Team: Team Ness: :4ness: :4palutena: :4rob: :4lucas:

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Wii U Results:
got 1st with 57% in the World, 58% in the Americas, 54% in Europe & Oceania, and 56% in Japan.

Total Points given to
was 31 on the Wii U and 54 on the 3DS.

:4lucario: got 2nd with 43% in the World, 42% in the Americas, 46% in Europe & Oceania, and 44% in Japan.

((I've got the sprites~ Why not make use of them? :3))
Prize for 1st on Wii U was Air Piñata Shoes
Prize for 2nd on 3DS was 1000g

Once again, the 3DS & Wii U versions are at odds with each other. Though this time, it... actually might make sense to me. Sonic's easier to rep on the Wii U than it is on the 3DS (though Lucario's B-Reversing Aura Sphere charges into USmashes don't seem like it'd be that easy to consistently do on the 3DS... right?). Plus, Sonic started on the consoles, while Pokemon started on the handhelds.

Points so far: 11 on Wii U and 12 on 3DS, both for Team (Doctor) Mario

*Cue "Kagami, Kimi wo Utsuhite" by Kikuchi Hajime from the True Tears Original Soundtrack (anime version)*

Those 1st 15 seconds of this song... *Thinks back to those episode previews* It was so slick, showing enough juicy scenes, and yet its context-less dialogue left me wondering when and in what context said dialogue was going to show up. In other words, its ep previews solidly did what it was supposed to do. Not to the overachieving lengths of spouting philosophically intelligent lines that Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Darker Than Black (Gemini of the Meteor)'s ep previews were great at, nor did it incite as much laughs as what Baccano! and Umineko's ep previews did, but a solid performance is what True Tears did, nonetheless.

Place Predictions:

1st: Red Team
The Marios will lead this crew, with myself being the Doctor. Not entirely sure how much Conquest winning powers the Pits wield, but I reckon the Marios will make up for whatever deficiencies they may have, if their previous results are anything to go by.

2nd: Green Team
The Mother Boys and ROB will be leading them, with Ness and possibly ROB taking the forefront. Palutena's tagging along--

(They took away Lightweight's Infinite Renewal Glitch that made her so GDLK-- no, better, worthy of the title of the Goddess of Light with platforms! AND they made her Explosive Flame fully blockable! How could they do this to her!? She NEEDED those to compete against the top tiers!)

Peace, Pink Friday Hunt. They had to be fixed, because those were unintentional.

*Groans!* (It's just not fair!)

To everyone else who have to fight her, yes, it definitely wasn't fair. That's likely why those moves were fixed in this patch.

<RL Me> If the DH boards or some other place opens up a moment for Customtena to be brought up, it's possible that I'll get to gush on about her high value as a teammate, and I'll probably let you do the gushing, Pink Friday Hunt. Besides, Explosive Flame does more damage now.

(Now THAT I can get hype for!)

<RL Me> *Walks away in a comedically slow fashion, humming about how "He got dat Puppy Love~"*

3rd: Blue Team
Other than Fox and maybe Mewtwo, I'm not expecting too much from this crew. Zelda & Falco I predict won't be pulling their weight.

Come to think of it, I should probably get around to the Doc VS DH MU write-up eventually, since I DID request that Doc be covered at the DH boards, and I myself DO prefer Doc over the plumber (it's been this way since Melee), and he gets more enjoyable to rep with the x312 deck. I'd personally rep 3312 or 3332 Doc against 3122 or 3121 DH, and vice versa.

Last edited:

abx

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually glad that Sonic didn't win on the 3DS. He's the closest to a hate character I have.

Totally going for team green with three of my favourite characters and Palutena as a tag-along.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

Blink and You’ll Miss It: November 4th December 11th

Team Mario Wins with 38% in the whole World, 37% in the Americas, 38% in Europe and Oceania and 40% in Asia.
Team Fox Second with 32% in the whole World, 34% in the Americas, 35% in Europe and Oceania, But 29% in Asia.
Team Ness Loses with 30% in the whole World, 29% in the Americas, 27% in Europe and Oceania, But 31% in Asia.

The prize was Desperate Defender Overalls for 35 points to Team Mario.

New Conquest!
December 11th December 18th.
Gimme That!
Red Team: Pikmin Grab: :4olimar:
Blue Team: Gravity: :rosalina:
Green Team: Chomp: :4wario:

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Wii U Results:

Team Mario got 1st place with 37% in the World, 36% in the Americas, 34% in Europe & Oceania, and 39% in Japan. Total Points given to this team (all Doc for me) was 26 on the Wii U and 69 on the 3DS.

Team Fox got 2nd place with 33% in the World, 33% in the Americas, 36% in Europe & Oceania, and 30% in Japan.

Team Ness got 3rd place with 30% in the World, 31% in the Americas, 30% in Europe & Oceania, and 31% in Japan.

Prize for 1st on both 3DS and Wii U was a Desperate Defender Overalls.

While 1st place was who I expected, 2nd place surprised me. Either Palutena was The Load, or Zelda & Falco DID pull their weight, or something else entirely. Either way, I'm not entirely sure what happened here. :confused:

*Sees the title of this Conquest and instinctively hears a male Inkling say "Gimme yas! :D"* Or at least I THINK that's what he says sometimes. X) Oh, Mondegreens, you're a hoot sometimes. XD

"Sooo Splooshi, you gonna rep Alphimar like you would normally do?"

<RL Me> *Grins* Nope. His track record's pitiful. He's allied with NONE of the crew that practically carried him to his 1 win this week.

(Wario, then? Heavyweights tend to do pretty well in FG Anywhere~)

<RL Me> Not him either~ Though he DOES have the best chance at defeating my chosen candidate for this week.... :p

"You don't mean...."

(SPLOOSHI NO!!)

*Cue "Shadows of the Labyrinth" by Shoji Meguro from the Persona 4 Arena OST*

<RL Me> *Calmly smirks* "Come on down, Asterius." *A black Luma descends* "This will be your week to shine."

Points So Far: 4 points on Wii U and 10 points on 3DS, BOTH for Rosalina & Luma!

*GASPS!*

(Stop it Splooshi! You're scaring me!)

<RL Me> *Giggles* Where was THAT reaction to me repping Sanic earlier?

"My presence alone during that week can explain that, Splooshi."

<RL Me> >:3

(Embrace the dark side for this week, Splooshi. This will be Rosalina's best chance at winning a Conquest in a LONG while. The only one who can stop her this week is Wario, and I'm certain that the Luma-commanding princess has a much bigger following than that goofy fatty, despite him being around since the early 90's.)

<RL Me> *Maniacally laughs!*

(I can't take this anymore!)

(PLEASE NERF HER, CLOUD PATCH!!) *Is now GONE from this post!*

<RL Me> *Sports a rather twisted smile* Funny that YOU would be the one running away, Odie Hunt. All 3 participants this week are YOUR bad MUs that YOUR boards have generally agreed upon to be the case. Plus, if anyone's going to get nerfed by that patch, it'll most likely be Sheik and MAYBE ZSS.

"I hope that he'll be back next week."

<RL Me> I trust that he will. He might even get buffed when he does. For now, let us take our leave, Asterius. We've got some notable players like Dabuz & AceStarThe3rd, and their tech to review for this week, such as Lunar Landings and post-full-hop Side B mixups.... *Departs in stride with the black Luma following suit while elegantly giggling like Miss Droopy-Tan....*

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

December 11th December 18th.

Gravity Wins with 43% in the whole World, 46% in the Americas, 45% in Europe and Oceania But 37% in Asia.

Chomp Second with 39% in the whole World, 34% in the Americas, 41% in Europe and Oceania But 45% in Asia.

Pikmin Grab Loses with 18% in the whole World, 20% in the Americas, 14% in Europe and Oceania and 18% in Asia.

The prize 1000 Gold for 63 points to Chomp.

New Conquest!

December 18th December 25th.

Merry Smashmas

Red Team: :4shulk: :4mario: :4diddy: :4samus: :4kirby: :4charizard: :4ness: :4feroy:

Green Team: :4yoshi: :4luigi: :4bowser: :4bowserjr: :4link: :4tlink: :4palutena: :4littlemac:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Wii U Results:
Shadow Labrys-- er, :rosalina: got 1st place with 44% in the World, 45% in the Americas, 44% in Europe & Oceania, and 38% in Japan. Total Points given to Ada-- er, Miss Clover was 39 on the Wii U and 64 on the 3DS.
:4wario2: got 2nd place with 36% in the World, 35% in the Americas, 38% in Europe & Oceania, and 42% in Japan.
:4alph:imar-- er, :4olimar: got 3rd place with 20% in the World, 20% in the Americas, 18% in Europe & Oceania, and 20% in Japan.

Prize for 1st on both the Wii U & 3DS was an Item Pitcher Dress. Given that she can use certain items after reeling them in with Down 1, this actually makes sense. :)

You've done well, Asterius. *The black Luma spins with glee* I may have completely forgotten to check out the Ushiromiya RosaLuma boards and her notable players this week, but I've managed to get some 1st place finishes despite that, so I'd like to say that I've done well too. Your duty is done for now, Asterius, so you can take your well-earned leave if you want. *The black Luma flies away in good cheer* Bye~

How Wario managed to beat Rosa in Japan is probably because of Abadango being an incredibly talented Wario main, sooo homeland represent?? :confused: Outside of that, I got nothing. :ohwell:

*Cue this lengthy 6 minute fan remix of FE Fates/If's Main Theme that I've been hooked on since... earlier today when I found it*

(I'm back~ Anything good for me or bad for her this patch?)

<RL Me> See? Told ya he'd be back next week. However, I regret to inform you that nothing happened to you OR Miss Eddie this patch. :|

(WHAT!?)

<RL Me> ... As far as I'm aware, according to the Official 1.1.3 Patch Notes as of right here right now:
http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-3-patch-notes.425921/

(They left me and her normal moves alone in the last patch too....)

<RL Me> There's still hope for you yet in the upcoming BayoCorrin patch. :o

(I Dunno... Bro, you won't abandon me, will you? My board has been barren over the last few weeks, and folks have been saying that I'm in the lower half of the tear list...)

<RL Me> As the 2nd of the 2 mains that got me to LIKE Sm4sh in the 1st place last year, with Jr being the 1st--
... My sentiments towards the idea of dropping you, exactly, as hilariously over-the-top, hammy, and misinterpretable as it is. X3 Also, nice puns for both the tier list and DunnoBro, despite neither him nor me actually being your bro. X)

Odie Hunt: (Splooshi!) *Runs over to Splooshi (i.e. RL Me) and hugs him*

<RL Me> *Hugs back* OHyou're being SO moe right now~! *Has a heart coming out of his head, Animal Crossing style* The above song is definitely helping you out with that too~ *Squees!*

Odie Hunt: *Has tears welling up in his eyes, making them shimmer* (Will you still be maining me when Corrin & Bayonetta come out?)

<RL Me> Yes! Since I've unlocked you last year (Should've been available from the start, dag nabbit!), I've mained you. I've written up quite a number of posts involving you for half a year, so I'd be down with continuing to main you.

Odie Hunt: (Thank you!) *Hugs him tighter as he quietly lets his tears flow*

<RL Me> The moe charm points you're exhibiting right now, they're so stronk! If the above song, your shimmering eyes, and a Visual Novel format were to mix together, it would make for a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming! *Squees upon imagining that combination happening!*

Odie Hunt: (Characterization beyond a giggling troll? That'd....) *Is speechless about the countless possibilities, so he just licks Splooshi's face while continuing to shed more tears, albeit at a lower frequency*

<RL Me> *Is face-licked* X> Woah, watch the glasses.

Odie Hunt: *Sheepishly smiles* (Whoops.)

<RL Me> Well, at the very least, I'll still main you. Anyways, I suppose we can resume our Regularly Scheduled Programming now. That is, right after I do this: *Stops hugging Odie Hunt and gently puts him down*

Odie Hunt: *Has a nearly dry face at this point*

<RL Me> *Wipes away the last of Odie Hunt's tears... and holds onto them* As crazy as this may look, I'm actually going to be needing those for something very soon.

Odie Hunt: *Sports a big smile* (Thanks.)

I'll admit, writing that whole scene above was incredibly fun. :) That remix I shared above DEFINITELY inspired it, since it was playing the whole time I was writing it. :D Speaking of writing, I actually DO have a fanfic under production right now, and it's over 50% done (or at least I think it is) by the name of Shimmering Eyes: Revisiting the Social Liquid Boundary (title and fic itself pending), but I'm not sure if this is the place for me to disclose too many details surrounding that. I can at least assure all of you that the Liquid in that title will be quite friendly to E-Sports, for it's actually referring to...

*Licks the last of Odie Hunt's tears that he was holding onto until now* THAT bitter-tasting liquid, which is genuinely of the Emotional variety. If it tasted sweet, then it'd be of the Reflex variety that irritants like onion peeling would cause. As crazy as this may sound, not only were my last 2 sentences about the tear types scientifically backed by numerous sources (search engines will likely link you to numerous medical sites telling you what I just mentioned within seconds), but the differences WILL play a role in that fanfic, however little that role may be. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll even actually finish that fic, but the idea is at least out there in the public now.

Alright, NOW we're back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming!

*Cue "Tomorrow is Mine" from the Bayonetta 2 OST, aka the 1st stage that's in the demo, and gets down on the dance floor* *Notes that he has an extended version of this that's an hour long* Thanks, someone on YouTube~ 8D

Points So Far: 2 points on Wii U (A Lucina with sneaky & clutch Shield Breakers, and 2 Clouds with equally sneaky Cloudcides, plus wombo combos from 0 to 60 in 3.5 secs, made for a hilarious madhouse. XD), 11 points on 3DS ("DoublePushOuts:O" was uploaded in the U.S. FG FFA area), both for Green Team (repping :4iggy: of course, because green festive hair~)

Who I'm hoping to win: Green Team (Unlike Alphimar, I wouldn't ditch Jr for almost anyone, though if both Jr and DH were to EVER go against each other in the same Conquest.... Or if Ryu, Cloud, or even the upcoming Bayonetta were to be in the same Conquest as Jr or DH....)

Who I'm expecting to win: Red Team (The only person who's not gonna pull their weight is Diddy. Everyone else...)

Who to expect to see more often:

Green Team: Links, Mac, Bowser (NOT Jr-- "Whaaat? How come?" He's in the same boat as DH: Lower half of the tier list), Yoshi (DAir Shield Breaking is still a thing, right?)

Red Team: Everyone except Diddy.

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
*Cue "Winter Sleep" by Tomoko Sasaki from the NiGHTS into dreams... PERFECT ALBUM*

Wii U Results:

Red Team got 1st place with 53% in the World, 53% in the Americas, 49% in Europe & Oceania, and 56% in Japan.

Green Team got 2nd place
with 47% in the World, 47% in the Americas, 51% in Europe & Oceania, and 44% in Japan. Total Points given to this team was 28 on the Wii U and 56 (Exactly 2x my Wii U score! XD) on the 3DS.

Prize for 2nd on both 3DS and Wii U was a Critical Hitter Brawn Badge with +23 Attack and -22 Defense.

It may have been a close one, but ultimately, it went as I expected. GGs to the Red Team.

*Cue "Spirale" by Makino Yui from the ARIA THE ORIGINATION OP album, and whimsically basks in the beauty of that song while admiring the luscious scenery around him that practically became a replica of the idealized Venice, Italy, known as Neo-Venezia, Planet AQUA*
FINALLY, I get to use one of my absolute most favorite OPs out of the whole Aria series! 8D

As I've once said to Ryex-617 on dA, some time ago...
Aria is one of the most chill, upbeat, and peaceful animes I've ever had the pleasure of viewing. Some folks may say that it's a "sleeper hit" in that it'll make you snooze, but I take that as one of the biggest praises you could give it, since it's a rich source of Sweet Dreams Fuel. It's also one of the most breath-takingly beautiful animes I've ever seen (it once was the premiere header of a certain Scenery trope at TVTropes!), since the animators actually DID go to THEE Venice, Italy during the making of the anime for researching the architecture, how Gondoliers pilot their boats, and even how water moves in reaction to a gondola's oar. Needless to say, ever since checking out Aria, I've been a huge fan of that city's style, Gondolas, and peacefully grounded slice-of-life scenes (aside from certain eps during Natural that would cross out the word grounded) that often go ignored by the general public & media. Seriously, good luck finding anything in America that would bask in the quietude that series like Aria and Sketchbook ~full color'S~ thrive on, and I don't believe that even modern anime releases in the last 5 years or so have tried to do what Aria and Sketchbook excellently pull off. Their OSTs (which to this day, still get much air-time in my playlist) are another one of their key components for complementing the raw peace that those two series exude so powerfully, and their use of Insert Songs during certain huge moments in those series are some of the best that I've ever seen, rivalling even the likes of Honey & Clover (2) and Clannad in terms of raw emotional power.

I don't believe it's ever been dubbed in English, but for sure its been subbed in English by Manga Entertainment (Animation & Natural, at least, for free on their YT channel, in high-def). :D The OVA and Origination, as far as I'm aware, you'll probably have to look elsewhere, though I DID catch wind of news about a new set of OVAs by the name of Avvenire that has me SOOO hyped, even though it won't be coming out until late December of this year. :squee: I seriously cannot believe that it'll finally come back after Origination ended so conclusively in 2008 in the most emotionally powerful of ways... Not since Mushishi: Zoku-Shou last year and Genshiken Nidaime in 2013 have I really been hype for any modernly-released anime these days.
<Real Me> *While standing on a gondola at a dock, dramatically extends one of his arms outward with an underhanding reach out* "SUPIRAAREEEE~!"

DH (aka Mr. Peepers): *Runs over to the gondola, wearing President Aria's official attire of Aria Company*

<RL Me> President Peepers! 83

DH: "Poy-yoi! :D"

<RL Me> *AC-styled heart emits from his head* "Moe~!"

... Did you just make him sound like President Aria, even though he's not capable of it?

<RL Me> Yes. :3

Is there a reason for this seemingly random fanboyism over a 10 year old anime that's been done since 2009's Aoi Hoshi no El Cielo PS2 visual novel? 'Cus there's NO way I'm accepting that you just randomly wanted Peepers to try to sound like Aria-saichou for no good reason.

<RL Me> Yes, there IS a fantastic reason for me to have brought this series up: Aria the Avvenire's 1st OVA JUST came out yesterday, alongside the Blu-Ray box set for Aria the Animation, over in Japan! 8D Needless to say, it's one of my most anticipated OVAs of 2015 & 2016, BAR NONE!

We now return you to the Regularly Scheduled Program.

This Week's MU: :4pikachu:VS :4robinf:

I didn't think I'd find myself saying this sort of thing again. Well, as it turns out: "When's :4cloud:?" Week Count: 2

Hey guize, guess what I landed today as Robin~

*Cue "Checkmate" by dai from the Umineko no Naku Koro ni musicbox Blue album*

INB4 #PutRobinInUminekoNoNakuKoroNi
While I'm at this, #PutVillagerInHigurashiNoNakuKoroNi

Seriously, he/she'd be amazing in that series as a whole for numerous reasons that I don't even know where to begin.

Points earned so far: 11 on Wii U ("Checkomaytoe!" replay sent to servers (NOT on YouTube right now)) and 8 on 3DS ("StutterLagFesta~" replay sent to servers) as White Mage :4robinm:

HUGE thanks & shout-outs to all the participants during the :4duckhunt: VS :4robinf: MU discussion here (ESPECIALLY WispBae, Raziek, and Croi):
http://smashboards.com/threads/sic-...unting-robin-and.379294/page-10#post-20471797

Sure 'Chu has nothing to do with that MU, but NUMEROUS juicy details about Robin as a Sm4sh character is in there, and I myself made a HUGE post there that rallied both Raziek & Croi to amazing effect. If you're looking to prep yourself, either for fighting AS or against Robin, I'd recommend checking out the above link.

Simply put, between 'Chu & Robin, I'm definitely expecting Robin to win this week.

*Cue the piano solo rendition of "Spirale" by Kubota Mina from ARIA The ORIGINATION Piano Collection II - Dipartenza -Tabidachi-*

*Starts rowing the gondola (that he had been standing on earlier) towards the various locales of Neo-Venezia in search of an English subbed ep of Avvenire....*

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
On the 3DS:

Merry Smashmas: December 18th December 25th

Red Team Wins with 53% in the whole World, 52% in the Americas, 33% in Asia, But 49% in Europe and Oceania.
Green Team Loses with 47% in the whole World, 48% in the Americas, 44% in Asia, But 51% in Europe and Oceania.

My prize was a Critical Hitter Brawn Badge for 72 points to Green Team.

New Conquest!
December 25th to January 1st.
Don’t Steal My Thunder
Thunder: :4pikachu:
Thoron: :4robinm:

abx

Smash Journeyman
"My prize was a Critical Hitter Brawn Badge for 72 points to Green Team."

That's great, it's a priceless item for Smash Run.

PS: I got the same prize for 11 points for team green. And boy, the stats are fairly good, considering the bonus effect.

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
And the Results Are:

On the 3DS:

Don’t Steal My Thunder: December 25th to January 1st.

Thoron Wins with 55% in the whole World, 54% in the Americas, 57% in Europe and Oceania and 55% in Asia.
Thunder Loses with 45% in the whole World, 46% in the Americas, 43% in Europe and Oceania and 45% in Asia.

I didn’t know who to support so I zigzagged between Pikachu and Robin and wound up giving just 3 points more to Robin than to Pikachu,(19 for Pikachu 22 for Robin) so my prize was a mere 10000 Gold.

New Conquest!
January 1st January 8th.
Bombs Away
Red Team: Time Bombs: :4samus: :4link:
Blue Team: Trigger Bombs: :4megaman: :4bowserjr:
Green Team: Remote Bombs: :4duckhunt: :4sheik:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Critical Hitter is definitely one of the best equipment effects you can have on for any mode that allows for Customs, from Event Mode to Classic 9.0 (Hope you don't get hit by the Doppleganger form after the Vergil (5) Swords form....), to Master Orders (not so much Crazy Orders if you're wanting to use a very specific setup....), and since it's a Brawn Badge, ANYONE can equip it. :D
(You can always go hit up Tourney Mode with that piece of equipment on you~)

Wait, 11 points, 72 points, and my own 28 & 56 netted the same prize? That must've been a generously special week....

*Cue New Year's "9TH" from the Nights Into Dreams.... PERFECT ALBUM*

Wii U Results:

:4robinf:-chwan~ </Sanji> got 1st with 56% in the World, 55% in the Americas, 56% in Europe & Oceania, and 61% in Japan. Points given to :4robinm: were 25 on the Wii U & 46 on the 3DS.

:pichumelee: -- er, :4pikachu: got 2nd with 44% in the World, 45% in the Americas, 44% in Europe & Oceania, and 39% in Japan.

Prize for 1st on Wii U & 3DS was a Super Scope Coat (that... is actually fun to say out loud. X) *INB4 "WHERE IS MY SUPER SCOAP!? >8O"*) with +75 Defense and -30 Speed.

I wonder if being able to pick a female Pikachu would've helped out... ;o

"Hey, why such a low 3DS score?"

My 3DS won't stop giving me the dreaded "A communication error has occurred." message after it gives me the "Communicating with the server..." message as soon as I press A. To note, 3DS Sm4sh is LITERALLY the ONLY 3DS game that has been doing this to me for a week now. Every other 3DS game I have that can go online works just fine, so it can't possibly be my side of the connection, since I just got a more stable router as well... right? BTW, said errors have been happening, LONG before said router came in, and it's still happening, even with said router, sooo... :confused:
Basically, it takes me a surprisingly long while to just simply log into the 3DS servers for... some reason. Hopefully, this will soon get resolved somehow. Maybe when the BayoCorrin patch rolls around next month?

*Cue "Fairy Tale Transparently" from the Melty Blood: Actress Again: Current Code OST*

One of the fastest & most genuinely cool fight songs I know of that takes place at a snowfield~ Now if only there was someone like Len or White Len in this cast... Say, speaking of fast....

This upcoming Sunday at 9 AM Pacific Time is the start of Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 (Wait what, 2015 ended already? How'd I not notice that until AFTER mentioning AGDQ 2016? XD), and the 1st game to be spedrun will be, much to my surprise, Splatoon's solo campaign, clocking in at 1 solid hour.

Check out the full schedule for the event here, within 2 days (including today) before the week actually starts: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Personally, here's the following games I'm looking forward to seeing speedruns of over the upcoming week, starting on Sunday, January 3rd:
Splatoon *Cue the Final Boss Themes that he always seems to bump up while waiting for an online match*
Kirby 64
Kirby: Mice Mafia-- er, Rat Yazuka-- er, Rodent Renegades-- er, *Groans!* "Squeak Squad":smash:
DKR

Monday, January 4th:
Strider 2
Gunstar Super Heroes
SNES Super Star Wars RACE!? O_O The Game Grumps got bodied by this casually....
Virtually the entire Disney block, even Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX *Personally wishes that either the SNES or Genesis Jungle Book game made it here...* >_>

Tuesday, January 5th:
IJI!? 8) The ORIGINAL Undertale that was graphically inspired by Out Of This World/Another World and Flashback: The Quest for Identity!? 8D
Spelunky!? 8O (Like the Super Star Wars racers, they've got a genuinely hard game on their hands...)
The Simpsons Arcade Game~ (Will our runner pick Marge for her vacuum's melee range? =P)
D&D: SOM as a Cleric? Not a Thief or Mage or anyone else with the 1 runner? How will he compensate for the lack of allies, I wonder...? :o
Tag: The Power of Paint
Wednesday, January 6th:
Ink
Prince of Persia (which one? The 90's classic?)
Sonic Advance (Let Tails Tag Along, please! He was a hoot during SGDQ 2015's TAS Block. XD)
Sonic Advance 3
Strider (NES or Arcade?)
Gimmick! (Best Ending RACE!? *Takes a deep breath!*)
DKC1
DKC2 (102% in an hour 40, eh? ;) )
Kaizo Mario Bros. 3 (Not just for World? And it's NOT SMM?)
Speaking of SMM~
"You BETTER save my kind, bidders!"

The entirety of the Awful Games Done Quick block! >:3

Thursday, January 7th
Utsurun Desu: Kawauso Hawaii e Iku
Johnny Bazookatone
Alpha Zylon
Animorphs
Castlevania: Bloodlines (Any% Expert as a grown-up Eric Lecarde? YES, please!)
Castlevania: SOTN's Richter Mode All Bosses, IF the Incentive is met.
Super Punch-Out!! (No blindfold?)
Mike Tyson's Punch Out (Blindfolded... RACE!? 8D)
STEPMANIA!? 8D *SQUEES LOUDLY!*
The whole MM block (including Azure Striker Gunvolt)
Shadow Complex

Friday, January 8th
Star Fox 64~
Secret of Mana~ (Credits Warp AND 1 player 2 controllers? Color me intrigued. ;P)
TMNT 4: Turtles in Time (Hard mode WITH 1 player 2 controllers TOO!? 8O)
Buster
The other MM block~ (MM6!? 8D MY MOST FAVORITE NES MM game!? 83) *Squees profusely!*
Super Mario Bros. 2 (If it's the NES Japan-only version... ;3)

Saturday, January 9th
Shovel Knight~ Featuring Plague Knight! *Grooves to his stage's theme song*
Mario Kart 8 (1 Runner, 200cc, 32 Tracks, Hard CPU, AND a character choice bidwar, ALL with 1 hour & 10 minutes!? 8> This will be one of the most anticipated runs on this day, that much I'm ready to believe....)
TAS Block~
Bloodborn (In 42 minutes? When the Game Grumps are STILL playing it?)
Super Metroid (Reverse Boss Order, eh? What will happen to the Animals this GDQ, I wonder? XP)

Sunday, January 10th & beyond
Whatever will show up on the Bonus Stream for who knows how long~ Could be for 1 day, a few of them, or even an entire week~ ;D

We now return you to our Regularly Scheduled Programming.

*Cue "Wandering Wildness: Bomb Panic" from the NiGHTS -Journey of Dreams- (Wii) OST*

This Week's Conquest:

<Miss Peacock> *During George at the Air Show (QCF+HK)* Bombs Away! :D

When's :4cloud:? Week Count: 3

(FINALLY, I get to be in one of these weeks, and other than Miss FAir & the Ditto, you've covered practically every MU here with me last year!)

That I sure have. Here are the links to all of them:

Samus
Link
Mega Man
Bowser Jr

(So! You gonna rep me this week?)

As much as I'd love to rep you... no. ._. Also, Miss FAir has terrible Conquest winning powers, despite having fantastic actual tournament winning powers.

"OH OH, is it gonna be Lemmy Koopa?"

<Teyin the male orange Batamon with blue suede shoes> "Lemmy Koopa's got some bombs~ Gonna throw 'em in your FACE just like your mom~" ¦D

"You BETter NOT fi-NISH the rehhst, 'cus it's not E-Sports friendly at all~"

<Teyin> "Kaaay~" ¦)

Alas, for as mighty as the Blue Bomber's support would be for Honey-sempai-- er, Lemmy... *Takes a DEEP breath* It won't be enough to take 1st place.

*The hearts of DH, MOY, and Teyin utterly sink to the floor in response to this!*

*Cue "PHANTOM BOMB ~ Airport Stage" from the Street Fighter EX2 PLUS OST*

Current Points So Far: 6 points on both the 3DS & Wii U, BOTH for "BLUE KNIGHT" </Gauntlet: Dark Legacy Announcer> :4link:

*INB4 the "S E L L O U T B O Y Z" Stream Monster meme phrase*

Who am I to argue with proven winners? They are among the most notorious FG Anywhere figures, with Samus often being referred to as "Spamussss" (personal comedically hammy emphasis added), while the "For Glory Link ROB" style is attributed to THEE Link. Other than Mega Man, it's really those two that are going to show up, more than anyone else this week.

Thus, I can confidently predict this lineup:

1st: Red Team (Time Bombs): :4samus: & :4link:
2nd: Blue Team (Trigger Bombs): :4megaman: & :4bowserjr:
3rd: Green Team (Remote Bombs): :4duckhunt: & :4sheik:

(I've already convincingly lost to Link once during a Conquest half a year ago, and now he has actual buffs, unlike me....)

That is indeed the case. I was there with you for that week. *Sighs*

(I just want to win ONE of these Weekly Conquests like your 1st main Jr did once, Splooshi! I'm literally one of the only cast members to have NEVER won one!)

I too want to see you win one of these, but with both Link & Samus around, that's... just not gonna happen this week, as much as I don't want to admit it. I was honestly hoping to be super hype about this week, what with both you AND Jr going up against each other in one of my most favorite MUs in all of Sm4sh, but with our line-up this week being the way it is, as well as me wanting to cash in on an easy win for equipment, those hype battles will have to wait until AFTER the Conquest points are gathered for the 16 hour period.

Last edited:
Top Bottom