• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
For people wondering how the Claus sticker alters his chances - just look to the right of it... at the Sonic sticker.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Duster plays bass, not guitar. Kumatora is technically the electric guitarist of the bunch. ;)
I know in DCMC he plays bass, but I thought that in battle it was guitar... I also thought Kumatora had keytar? I'm probably all confused anyway XD, I'm terrible with instruments and know almost nothing about music.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'll have to fight you for control, then. :lick:

I'm right there with you on the Ness AT update, believe me. Or even just an SSE side role would be fine by me. Krystal is probably the only one of the three that you mentioned that I would consider a "shoo-in," but I think that to leave out Geno and Ridley--especially considering how highly requested they are!--would be a true shame, and a sad mistake. (Plus, including Krystal and Ridley only shows that those characters with 4 acknowledgments are good to go, meaning that Claus is definitely a contender.) I didn't hear about any Geno leak, but the Krystal VA leak definitely confirms it.

Fingers crossed, then! :grin:
How about we both be in control ? :lick:, And is ves perma-bant? :(

Anything that unconfirms ness as playable, Srsly, Krystal for sure has the highest chance and is even starting roster material at this point, With that in mind out of those 7 and 15 Unconfirmed slost then we're looking good! Even sharp with maybe MORE Starters like marth krystal and falcon potentially for that, If there on there then it's not to farfetched to get 13-15 Unlockable characters, Which that almost confirms a second MOTHER Rep there.

Really geno andridley (Especially rids.) On those 3 are everything but confirmed, We're in the clear guys, Now for the final stretch.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Krystal's voice actor being leaked means nothing. Remember? We have a star fox stage. And Fox does some Arwinging in adventure mode, perhaps he was/is communicating with them?

Also, I don't think Ves is perm'd I recall some conversation going on that his ban is undone the 28th or something.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Krystal's voice actor being leaked means nothing. Remember? We have a star fox stage. And Fox does some Arwinging in adventure mode, perhaps he was/is communicating with them?

Also, I don't think Ves is perm'd I recall some conversation going on that his ban is undone the 28th or something.
1.Are you on our side or not? And the new starfox stage has no announcers, SSE Seems to be more fit for lesser NPC's Likepetey and not krystal.

2. One problem, The release date in japan will be up on the 31st with spoiler's ahoy, Aeris and i will settle the thread for ves until then i guess...

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
1.Are you on our side or not? And the new starfox stage has no announcers, SSE Seems to be more fit for lesser NPC's Likepetey and not krystal.

2. One problem, The release date in japan will be up on the 31st with spoiler's ahoy, Aeris and i will settle the thread for ves until then i guess...
Yeah I am, but I don't get how Krystal deconfirms Ness/confirms Claus. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't instantly mean that she's playable, just like Leon Kennedy's voice actor having Brawl listed doesn't make him any more playable. I personally would like to see Krystal in. She's a neat new addition to Star Fox.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
HAY GAIZ!! LOOK WUT i FOWND!!

Krystal is a sticker! that pretty much mean that being a sticker means nothing, as we all know how likely Krystal is.
Nice find, also Samus is there as well. Overall we've learnt, Stickers mean nothing.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I know in DCMC he plays bass, but I thought that in battle it was guitar... I also thought Kumatora had keytar? I'm probably all confused anyway XD, I'm terrible with instruments and know almost nothing about music.
Ah, I'm definitely a music-lover. :grin: If you notice how low the notes are when Duster attacks, you'll know that it's a bass, regardless of what Kumatora plays (which still sounds like an electric guitar to me).

How about we both be in control ? :lick:, And is ves perma-bant? :(

Anything that unconfirms ness as playable, Srsly, Krystal for sure has the highest chance and is even starting roster material at this point, With that in mind out of those 7 and 15 Unconfirmed slost then we're looking good! Even sharp with maybe MORE Starters like marth krystal and falcon potentially for that, If there on there then it's not to farfetched to get 13-15 Unlockable characters, Which that almost confirms a second MOTHER Rep there.

Really geno andridley (Especially rids.) On those 3 are everything but confirmed, We're in the clear guys, Now for the final stretch.
Sounds fine to me! And yeah, I think he is. He was banned once, but then he began posting on another account which ALSO got banned. Methinks he won't be back any time soon.

I would honestly be shocked if MOTHER didn't get a second rep. This is definitely the home stretch; now, we must cross our fingers, pray (for those religious folks out there), whathaveyou. CLAUS FOR BRAWL! :bigthumbu

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
What the hell, guys? Really, if he is permabanned, I'm the next highest rankingl person in the MMPMA. And if he is, we'll have to make a new new topic. Besides, me and vesper were the ones that people could vote on making the thread. We were very close. Not only that, I've contributed TONS of major and minor stuff. Not trying to sound mean or anything, but I honestly deserve the spot :ohwell:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
What the hell, guys? Really, if he is permabanned, I'm the next highest rankingl person in the MMPMA. And if he is, we'll have to make a new new topic. Besides, me and vesper were the ones that people could vote on making the thread. We were very close. Not only that, I've contributed TONS of major and minor stuff. Not trying to sound mean or anything, but I honestly deserve the spot :ohwell:
By all means, take it away! I volunteered under the condition that no one else was up to the task. :grin: But you are more than deserving of the honor, and I say go right ahead.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
is he really perma-bannd? I think we should find out for sure before we make a new one...
I know. I was thinking about waiting 2 weeks, and if he didn't post, we'd make a new one.

EDIT: oooooh, found a way to contact him. *does so and waits for a response*

By all means, take it away! I volunteered under the condition that no one else was up to the task. :grin: But you are more than deserving of the honor, and I say go right ahead.
Thanks. :) . If ves is b&, then I want to make sure the majority of the thread agrees on me becoming the leader.

EDIT2: If he's banned, R.I.P. Vesper :(

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Yeah I am, but I don't get how Krystal deconfirms Ness/confirms Claus. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't instantly mean that she's playable, just like Leon Kennedy's voice actor having Brawl listed doesn't make him any more playable. I personally would like to see Krystal in. She's a neat new addition to Star Fox.
It helps because the journal's validity goes up, Journal validity goes up = That helps claus.

Which is WHAT We want, We WANT Geno Ridley and Krystal to be confirmed for those people with 4-5 Entries, If we get those then it makes the validity go up a LOT.

HAY GAIZ!! LOOK WUT i FOWND!!

Krystal is a sticker! that pretty much mean that being a sticker means nothing, as we all know how likely Krystal is.
KRYSTAL DECUNFIRMED (Kidding. :lick:)

Sounds fine to me! And yeah, I think he is. He was banned once, but then he began posting on another account which ALSO got banned. Methinks he won't be back any time soon.

I would honestly be shocked if MOTHER didn't get a second rep. This is definitely the home stretch; now, we must cross our fingers, pray (for those religious folks out there), whathaveyou. CLAUS FOR BRAWL! :bigthumbu
Well the roster isn't so limited at the moment, Apparently from what i've heard we've been confirmed to have 25 Starters, Not sure if seperate slots but take away shiek and Zss and sonic and snake and that's 21, Marth G&W Falcon and Krystal are likely for starter slots as well to be playable from the get-go, An animal crossing represenitive? If we can touch that key number closer to 25 as we canthen we're sure to around 15 unlockables? That's not to farfetched, And MOTHER Is one of the next series in line for a 2nd rep, It just depends on how big the final stretch is.

And yeah, Thinks aren't looking to good with ves...

No, I know what we will have to do, We're all going to have to work together on this, You deserve to help us as well.

is he really perma-bannd? I think we should find out for sure before we make a new one...
He's not perma-bant but he's bant for two weeks, Two weeks later = Close to brawl's *** release.

And i think you get the rest.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
I just read something rather interesting on Wiki. Since this thread is practically one big spoiler, I won't worry too much about it but there's a spoiler following...

As I haven't yet got the game (4 bloody weeks ago I ordered it and it's still not here) I don't know how obvious this is, but according to the article...

'Upon further inspection, however, one will notice a caption that reads "the doorknob seems to have fallen off," hinting at Pokey's possible return.'

Thing is, Itoi seems to keep saying there'll be no Mother 4, so why would he include this ambiguous comment? He did the same with Earthbound I believe where Pokey swears revenge. I know this doesn't mean much, but this could open up many possibilities for Subspace...
What do you guys think?

Deku Boy

Smash Cadet
I just read something rather interesting on Wiki. Since this thread is practically one big spoiler, I won't worry too much about it but there's a spoiler following...

As I haven't yet got the game (4 bloody weeks ago I ordered it and it's still not here) I don't know how obvious this is, but according to the article...

'Upon further inspection, however, one will notice a caption that reads "the doorknob seems to have fallen off," hinting at Pokey's possible return.'

Thing is, Itoi seems to keep saying there'll be no Mother 4, so why would he include this ambiguous comment? He did the same with Earthbound I believe where Pokey swears revenge. I know this doesn't mean much, but this could open up many possibilities for Subspace...
What do you guys think?
That's Lucas's Doorknob, isn't it? Thomas pulls it off at the beginning of the game, and then you find it a few times as you play through. I don't think that it was supposed to be the doorknob from the Absolute Safe Capsule...

Especially since the ending sequence also suggests that Pokey is completely happy just rolling around in the absolute safe capsule forever.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
If Vesp doesnt make it,I think Ouendanation deserves the spot.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I actually never played any of the Earthbound/Mother games.... I'm sure I'm not alone, either.

And though I never experienced the awesomeness of Claus/Masked Man first hand, it appears his bankia is really freaking HIGH!

Meaning he looks cool. Probably one of the coolest Nintendo characters I don't recongnize or know much about. The same could be said about Ness and I actually started like him in Melee and got me wanting to play Earthbound.

So here's to him being in Brawl. He seems cool and all.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord

ForteX

Smash Journeyman

What do you guys think?
Time for my unhealthy knowledge of the mother series to kick in. :p

Yes, examining the Absolutely Safe Capsule does produce the results of "The doorknob seems to h ave fallen off" But some hacking has revealed that originally, Pokey was supposed to die at the end. His original absolutely safe capsule was just a covering for his bead, which is shown to have broken and killed him. Someone's ripped the sprites for it.

Also, I doubt Pokey's all too "happy" about this. He's a natural born show off, and with no one to show off to, he's doomed to spend his infinite life alone, and since it's implied he's immobile, there's no way he can kill himself to spare himself the agony of absolute solitude. The perfect ending for him, really.

Deku Boy

Smash Cadet
Time for my unhealthy knowledge of the mother series to kick in. :p

Yes, examining the Absolutely Safe Capsule does produce the results of "The doorknob seems to h ave fallen off" But some hacking has revealed that originally, Pokey was supposed to die at the end. His original absolutely safe capsule was just a covering for his bead, which is shown to have broken and killed him. Someone's ripped the sprites for it.

Also, I doubt Pokey's all too "happy" about this. He's a natural born show off, and with no one to show off to, he's doomed to spend his infinite life alone, and since it's implied he's immobile, there's no way he can kill himself to spare himself the agony of absolute solitude. The perfect ending for him, really.
I know that Pokey was supposed to die, but...

In the end part after the world is restored, there's a message that says "YOU TOUCHED SOMETHING THAT'S ROLLING. THE ROLLING THING IS SHAKING HAPPILY. IT SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING MIGHT BE INSIDE.", and that's generally taken to be Pokey's Absolute Safe Capsule.

Remember that Pokey's goal in awakening the Dragon was to eliminate everything else in the universe so that only he was left. In a way, he sort of got what he wanted, because he is permanently isolated from the rest of the world. He even comments on how he'll be alone forever after he awakens the dragon, but notes "This the sadness of one who becomes like a god."

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
well, if Claus is in, then Ves gets an epic welcome back present! :D
I hope he is, He deserves to see that and come back here and see claus with his own subsection, I can't imagine the look on his face when he see's that. :laugh:

Yeah i think that's a good idea, The four of those i listed (Including me. :3) Will host it and other MMPMA'ers can come out and help. :)

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Hey so I assume you have all see that Ultimate64 guys roster leak right?

Claus is on it!!! It is defiantly my ideal list.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I hope he is, He deserves to see that and come back here and see claus with his own subsection, I can't imagine the look on his face when he see's that. :laugh:

The main people (Ouendanation, T-major, Me, Aeris or however you spell it.) And others will be hosting this, Kthnxbai.
We're ALL in charge right now at least temporarily until ves is deconfirmed? :laugh: (that actually felt a little mean for some reason :ohwell:)

It shouldn't be that long until vesper replies to my message, anyway, and he can decide what'll happen.

Also, fixed.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
No but most of these 'leaks' are sounding like BS.
True, that and, beyond the genuine Melee leak, how many leaks listed Dr Mario or Game and Watch? Conclusion, even the fact a character is on many or few 'leaks' means nothing.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
No but most of these 'leaks' are sounding like BS.
I did like seeing Claus on a "leak" roster for once, but it's safe to say that most--if not all--of what we see right now is fake.

We're ALL in charge right now at least temporarily until ves is deconfirmed? :laugh: (that actually felt a little mean for some reason :ohwell:)

It shouldn't be that long until vesper replies to my message, anyway, and he can decide what'll happen.

Also, fixed.
I really did lawl at that. :laugh: But just keep us posted.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
3. He died in Mother 3, how can he appear in Brawl?

Response: Most villains die in their games and get revived for no apparent reason to keep the franchise and the villain alive, a great example of this is Gray Fox from Metal Gear who is already in Brawl, that's the most ridiculous argument in the book.
I dont think this response is strong enough seeing how Gray Fox is an assist trophy and is third party.

What Vesperview should of said was that Ganon(who is basically confirmed) died in the Zelda games all the time. Or maybe Bowser.

If you guys are making a new Claus thread, you should make note of that.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I know that Pokey was supposed to die, but...

In the end part after the world is restored, there's a message that says "YOU TOUCHED SOMETHING THAT'S ROLLING. THE ROLLING THING IS SHAKING HAPPILY. IT SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING MIGHT BE INSIDE.", and that's generally taken to be Pokey's Absolute Safe Capsule.

Remember that Pokey's goal in awakening the Dragon was to eliminate everything else in the universe so that only he was left. In a way, he sort of got what he wanted, because he is permanently isolated from the rest of the world. He even comments on how he'll be alone forever after he awakens the dragon, but notes "This the sadness of one who becomes like a god."
It's really hinted at that Pokey's conquest was driven by constantly being picked on and laughed at, so maybe he did want to be isolated... But that's really the magic of the game, There's no hints at what Pokey really wanted; to rule the world? To prove himself to enemies who in this time period were dead? He always struck me as a show off, so really, the prospect of having no one to show off to should have been one of the scariest things to him... but hate can drastically change a person.

As for Claus being dead and Grey Fox not being a good answer to it, yeah, kinda. But Shadow Moses Island was destroyed, it's still a stage. Ganondorf has been trapped in the spirit realm/twilight realm/golden realm at least 4000000 times and he's still in Brawl, and the best answer is that really, characters never die. As long as they're popular enough for people to say "Mario... He's cool", then they never age and never die. The fact that we can all sit here and say "Claus.... he's got to be the most awesome character ever" keeps him alive as far as Smash is concerned.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

Also, fixed.
Until ves comes back then i guess so, Ves hardly posts here anyways, Hopefully he replies soon. *Sigh*

True, that and, beyond the genuine Melee leak, how many leaks listed Dr Mario or Game and Watch? Conclusion, even the fact a character is on many or few 'leaks' means nothing.
So...Many...Leaks

Idc, I just want the final roster, The REAL Final roster, Not these BS Prophets.

I did like seeing Claus on a "leak" roster for once, but it's safe to say that most--if not all--of what we see right now is fake.

I really did lawl at that. :laugh: But just keep us posted.
Yeah, Besides many said that IC's would be cut and look wut happened.

Oh and yeah, That was hilarious, We all just have to keep this active.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I'm sick of all of these people going around making up a roster out of nowhere. I personally can't wait for the Japanese release, because really... how is revealing characters considered spoilers? It's not like a fighting game has a plot to spoil... but whatever. I'll just wait for the 31st and hope to God we get Claus. If not... I'll learn to live with it :/

Also, dunno if anyone remembered this or even wants to remember, but they've chosen the best year ever to make us wait through February. It's a leap year.

Deku Boy

Smash Cadet
It's really hinted at that Pokey's conquest was driven by constantly being picked on and laughed at, so maybe he did want to be isolated... But that's really the magic of the game, There's no hints at what Pokey really wanted; to rule the world? To prove himself to enemies who in this time period were dead? He always struck me as a show off, so really, the prospect of having no one to show off to should have been one of the scariest things to him... but hate can drastically change a person.

As for Claus being dead and Grey Fox not being a good answer to it, yeah, kinda. But Shadow Moses Island was destroyed, it's still a stage. Ganondorf has been trapped in the spirit realm/twilight realm/golden realm at least 4000000 times and he's still in Brawl, and the best answer is that really, characters never die. As long as they're popular enough for people to say "Mario... He's cool", then they never age and never die. The fact that we can all sit here and say "Claus.... he's got to be the most awesome character ever" keeps him alive as far as Smash is concerned.
Well, I fear this Pokey discussion is getting a little off-topic, but... we actually do know what Pokey wanted. The entire game, and everything that happened to Lucas and the others, was actually an elaborate game devised by Pokey in an attempt to overcome his unbelievable boredom. Pokey gets a thrill out of having an adversary who is almost as good as he is, but not strong enough to defeat him. That's why he lets Lucas learn PK LOVE and start gathering the needles. That's why he chose to act through Claus, his "robotic son", who would serve as an appropriate adversary for Lucas. This also is the explanation behind the minigames you have to play to get into Pokey's room, where you have to lose... but only by a little bit. Destroying all existence besides himself is the only thrill left that's big enough to cure Pokey's boredom, however, he needed an adversary to oppose him who was just as persistent as his old buddy Ness, or else it would just be more boredom. Pokey is a really fun character to analyze. ^_^

As for the "Claus is dead" issue, one could bring up the point that Claus has already died once, and was revived. You could also mention that he only dies at the end of the game, and that most major villains are usually dead or otherwise "permanently" incapacitated by the end of a game. That shouldn't stop Nintendo from including them in Brawl as they were before the end.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Claus is too awesome for page 2. Today's update sort of worries me... seeing that the stickers are actually WORTH something now is really depressing... But since playable characters are stickers, I guess it's not something to worry too much about. :/

Top Bottom