• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
People act like emulating it is a bad thing. (dont get me wrong, I know it's still illegal blah blah) Serves Nintendo right for not bringing it to America. Importing it doesn't show them anything. For all they know, those sales never left Japan. Sad truth. And yeah, I'm with you. I wish there was official art from Mother 3 as well... I could make a nice sig with Claus. Maybe even a wallpaper.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He's banned so T-Jamer, Oudeanation, Aries, You i guess as well, And i are hosting the thread, :p
Me? Host? What would I do? As for this recent thing about MOTHER3 not coming, if this is true, then only a foolish fool from a land of foolish fools would actually do this.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=42414

REALLY bad news for importers :(

This means MOTHER3 has absolutely ZERO chance of coming to America. Sorry, guys :(:(:(
Oh... my... God...

I ordered it a week before christmas eve, it still hasn't arrived, do you think there's a chance this is why? I can't believe this! How ********! That crappy Golden Compass film hasn't been recalled, and if that goes on they kill God at the end, yet Mother 3, something which actually shows that death isn't the end, through the whole final battle with Claus, is being recalled. WTF. (Of course, that's just what I've been able to gather from the info I've read, I haven't played the game yet, and due to these ******* may never be able to.)

What next!? 'And all Legend of Zelda games have been recalled today as they have three Goddesses who create the world of Hyrule and the Triforce. This could be related to Satanism... somehow...'

Can they seriously actually recall products from consumers though?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Oh... my... God...

I ordered it a week before christmas eve, it still hasn't arrived, do you think there's a chance this is why? I can't believe this! How ********! That crappy Golden Compass film hasn't been recalled, and if that goes on they kill God at the end, yet Mother 3, something which actually shows that death isn't the end, through the whole final battle with Claus, is being recalled. WTF. (Of course, that's just what I've been able to gather from the info I've read, I haven't played the game yet, and due to these ******* may never be able to.)

What next!? 'And all Legend of Zelda games have been recalled today as they have three Goddesses who create the world of Hyrule and the Triforce. This could be related to Satanism... somehow...'

Can they seriously actually recall products from consumers though?
Yeah, unfortunately. Even if I lived in Japan, I would keep my cart no matter what. If they tried to take it from me by force, I'd have Flint smack them all with a 2x4 :laugh:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
:mad: Ok i'm angry.
I have no choice but to agree.
hopefully that fan translation gets finished soon. it'll be epic-sauce once it is! :O

nice!

and War, thats one pimped out Pikachu! good work.
Yeah it will be, That's one kewl pikachu.

Me? Host? What would I do? As for this recent thing about MOTHER3 not coming, if this is true, then only a foolish fool from a land of foolish fools would actually do this.
YOU T-MAJOR ARIES OUDENATION AND I HOST THE THREAD.

AKA We make people feel welcome. :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah it will be, That's one kewl pikachu.
You mean a cool me. Also, I wouldn't add on eye to the picture. It brings about a level of mystery.

YOU T-MAJOR ARIES OUDENATION AND I HOST THE THREAD.

AKA We make people feel welcome. :)
Ok. I thought I had to do something more.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Chances are this thing is fake. Japan has been having these kind of games for years and no one has done anything about it. Also, when exactly did Japanese games give a feeling of anti-gaijin-ism?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
True and we've been less of an *** than he's been before.
He does kinda act like a jerk as i've seen on some threads, I like him and all still...Oh well, Until he gets unbanned AT LEAST We have each other. :)

Chances are this thing is fake. Japan has been having these kind of games for years and no one has done anything about it. Also, when exactly did Japanese games give a feeling of anti-gaijin-ism?
I don't know, I guess for MOTHER It was it's horrid sales with earthbound, But that's due to the number of problems like bad commercial timing and how the N64 was getting hyped (Ninty never leanrs >:U) So i guess they aren't going to try something like that again until Lucas and Claus get in and the series get's more popular (Pulling a fire emblem maybe?)

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
When/if you play as him, if you hit him enough his mask should go flying off, and then it would be able to be used as an item!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So i guess they aren't going to try something like that again until Lucas and Claus get in and the series get's more popular (Pulling a fire emblem maybe?)
That's probably the most likely thing to happen. If there's one good thing about Smash, it's that it's a testing ground for Japan-only characters.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
That's probably the most likely thing to happen. If there's one good thing about Smash, it's that it's a testing ground for Japan-only characters.
And I guarantee that if people see Claus, they will flip out. He will unquestionably push the movement for MOTHER3 stateside in a way that Lucas can't. Sure, Lucas will be really great and all, but including Claus will: 1) attract all those people who say "OMG COOLZ!!!1!!," and 2) attract people who can appreciate (from what they know) the dynamic between Lucas and Claus in the context of M3.

I want Claus more than ever now. :grin:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
And I guarantee that if people see Claus, they will flip out. He will unquestionably push the movement for MOTHER3 stateside in a way that Lucas can't. Sure, Lucas will be really great and all, but including Claus will: 1) attract all those people who say "OMG COOLZ!!!1!!," and 2) attract people who can appreciate (from what they know) the dynamic between Lucas and Claus in the context of M3.

I want Claus more than ever now. :grin:
Lucas will help a lot also, Let's remember that Lucas is now going to be the new ness and sakurai making all his moves improved was a wise addition, Everyone playing as lucas/Claus or a lot of people = High sales in america. :p

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
He does kinda act like a jerk as i've seen on some threads, I like him and all still...Oh well, Until he gets unbanned AT LEAST We have each other. :)

I don't know, I guess for MOTHER It was it's horrid sales with earthbound, But that's due to the number of problems like bad commercial timing and how the N64 was getting hyped (Ninty never leanrs >:U) So i guess they aren't going to try something like that again until Lucas and Claus get in and the series get's more popular (Pulling a fire emblem maybe?)
http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=42414

REALLY bad news for importers :(

This means MOTHER3 has absolutely ZERO chance of coming to America. Sorry, guys :(:(:(
Did you even read my post?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Good news guys, this is unconfirmed, but in the Famitsu Booklet under Lucas's history sections it says:
"For Super Smash Brother's Brawl we gave Lucas a new moveset based off Ness from Mother 2. Ness isn't appearing in Brawl this time but players will still see him in the background off the Onett level on occasions"
CLAUS FOR BRAWL!

EDIT: It's confirmed! Check brawlcentral.com

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Did you even read my post?
Well it's still in the rumour mill at the moment. I've sent playasia.com a message about why my purchase hasn't been sent yet (Mother 3) so I'll tell you if they say that it's been recalled. As I said, I ordered it before Xmas, so I don't know if it will have been effected or not.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Good news guys, this is unconfirmed, but in the Famitsu Booklet under Lucas's history sections it says:

CLAUS FOR BRAWL!

Suddenly, like that, 59 prophets in the world were vanquished.

Nice find.

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Ya pretty crazy. Also a rumor of A 48 character roster is floating around. Claus's chances are huge now.

Dragonzero

Smash Cadet

CLAUS FOR BRAWL!

Ness Part of the Background huh...?
That's a nice touch but I wouldn't mind him being an alternative but as Sakurai said:
"Wario Alone is Special"

So I guess Ness Being Part of the background is for the best.
I seriously want Claus so Badly in Brawl.
And Flint too, he can kick *** with his 2x4 right? ...right?(ok maybe he'd be better off as an assist trophy)

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Guys...go check Brawl Central again...

They've been made to look like idiots, but they FINALLY got the appropriate translation of the article up. And it's as follows:

Title: "Do you remember Ness?

Ness, a representative of the Mother 2 series, has been appearing in Smash. He started out in Smash Bros. as a hidden character. In order to make him playable all that trouble you had to go to...Incidentally, the movie featured on the official website reveals that Mr. Saturn is still a throwable item."

So there you have it. Ness is not "de-confirmed".

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Turns out that translation is wrong. Brawl Central updated it with a correct translation.

Ness, a representative of the Mother 2 series, has been appearing in Smash. He started out in Smash Bros. as a hidden character. In order to make him playable all that trouble you had to go to...Incidentally, the movie featured on the official website reveals that Mr. Saturn is still a throwable item."

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Mother 3 couldn't have been recalled on such a massive scale, if it were true, then wouldn't Lucas cease to be in Brawl? Think about all the games that Japan has had, and what hasn't been recalled because of such things. I think it's fake.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Guys...go check Brawl Central again...

They've been made to look like idiots, but they FINALLY got the appropriate translation of the article up. And it's as follows:

So there you have it. Ness is not "de-confirmed".
yeah. ****, they did the same for Zelda's down B before. At least the comment doesn't confirm Ness, but him being in the game really hurts Claus's chances, and is an allround dumb move. I just can't see why he needs to be back. Plus I thought it would be so awesome if while you're fighting on Onett, you see Ness and co going around town in the background. Going up to the meteorite etc or into various buildings. It's frightening me how a few things mention Ness, I'd rather they just didn't mention him at all if he's not in...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The thought of Ness being back in makes me want to vomit.

This thread doesn't help, either: http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1727&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

In fact, it makes me want to vomit MORE. It all sounds so legit, which is even worse. :ohwell: What I don't understand is how the wings make such a difference, or how they could be so problematic. Meta Knight alternates between wings and a cape; if it works for him, why wouldn't they work for Claus? Not to mention the fact that they aren't a huge enough part of his character to warrant his exclusion altogether. And then the part about the taunt... Well, canonically speaking, Claus wouldn't just take off his mask arbitrarily, but that's kind of moot in the Smash world. But if it really doesn't work, why not just change it?! If they can't fix it, don't bother. The character is much more important than a small issue with ONE taunt.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Mother 3 couldn't have been recalled on such a massive scale, if it were true, then wouldn't Lucas cease to be in Brawl? Think about all the games that Japan has had, and what hasn't been recalled because of such things. I think it's fake.
Lucas was planned to be in Smash from the very beginning.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
The thought of Ness being back in makes me want to vomit.

This thread doesn't help, either: http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1727&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

In fact, it makes me want to vomit MORE. It all sounds so legit, which is even worse. :ohwell: What I don't understand is how the wings make such a difference, or how they could be so problematic. Meta Knight alternates between wings and a cape; if it works for him, why wouldn't they work for Claus? Not to mention the fact that they aren't a huge enough part of his character to warrant his exclusion altogether. And then the part about the taunt... Well, canonically speaking, Claus wouldn't just take off his mask arbitrarily, but that's kind of moot in the Smash world. But if it really doesn't work, why not just change it?! If they can't fix it, don't bother. The character is much more important than a small issue with ONE taunt.
I hate ones like this. As all they do is deconfirm things, it's very hard to disprove them. What I don't get is why if you were in that position, all you'd ask about is what didn't make it. Only good thing I can see in this is that Capcom's mentioned. It really does kinda sound legit, he gives reasons for the cut. I really don't get how they could do Mario's hat coming off so easily yet Claus's mask would mess it up, but still I'm no programmer.

What a day, Ness hinted at by Famitsu, Mother 3 rumoured to be recalled, and Claus rumoured to have been cut. I hope we get something nice to talk about soon...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think that thread at Brawl Central is fake. The reason for not including him is too absurd considering that we have Pit, Charizard, and Meta Knight.

As for this recent 48 characters thing. I think that it means we have 52 characters with the other four being Zero Suit Samus, Shiek, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard(since Pokemon Trainer has no moveset of his own).
Now with the roster supposedly this big, Claus can fit in like this.

*Includes unconfirmed, but likely returning vets.

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach

5. Yoshi

6. Wario

7. Zelda/Sheik
8. Link
9. Ganondorf

10. Samus/Zero Suit Samus

11. Donkey Kong
12. Diddy Kong

13. Lucas

14. Pikachu
15. Jigglypuff
16. Mewtwo
17. Pokemon Trainer

18. Olimar

19. Kirby
20. King Dedede
21. Meta Knight

22. Captain Falcon

23. Ice Climbers
24. Mr. Game and Watch
25. Pit

26. Marth
27. Ike

28. Snake
29. Sonic

30. Fox
31. Falco

Now for likely newcomers.

32. Ridley
33. K.Rool
34. Krystal
35. Claus
36. Takamaru
37. Sukapon(debatable)
38. RAY

Okay, we, presumably, have 10 characters that are anyone 's guesses.

My personal 10 wanted:

1. Tom Nook, if not Marina or any other third party character
2. Kumatora
3. Captain Syrup
4. Micaiah
5. Lip
6. Wolf
7. Isaac
8. Young Link
9. Geno
10. Lucario

T-major

Smash Champion
What I don't understand is how the wings make such a difference
they don't make a difference, which is why it's fake. they already have 2 and a half characters with wings (Meta Knight only have them out when jumping), so them having problems with Claus makes no sense. it's fake! LOGIC PWN'D!!

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
What a day, Ness hinted at by Famitsu, Mother 3 rumoured to be recalled, and Claus rumoured to have been cut. I hope we get something nice to talk about soon...
Kinda seems like a huge conspiracy just to put us Claus supporters into a state of panic, eh? I don't believe anything I've heard today. It's all just been complete and utter BS. They could have included anything on that list. ANYTHING. "Well this game would have made you irresistible to women, but we had to cut that" or "Brawl would give you super powers after playing it, but we had to take that out" and I would have cared less. But attacking Claus is attacking below the belt. Anyway... even if this were true and he was that far in to the designing, I'm sure he could easily be hacked into existance...

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
If anything the wings help him. In a cast of potentially 48 characters to have only three utilize a programmed technique is sort of silly. Claus adds another glider (potentially) to the mix along with a very workable moveset potential and extreme depth added to the SSE plot line. Also you can get some sweet event modes out of his inclusion.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
It's absolutely fake. I'm convinced. Nintendo has never done anything like that before to my knowledge, excluding characters like that. If they absolutely had to, they would make them a clone, but not exclude them. If you can program wings that have to flap which only appear when you jump, you can program a jetpack that has wings that don't flap.

End of story. Also note that the poster of this lie only has 10 posts there. Not very good for his credibility. Also I think if I wanted to tell people news that bad, I would come here first.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Here's something interesting. Use the WaybackMachine, and go look up smashbros.com from about May 2006. Choose Japanese as the language of choice, and you'll be able to access the original Brawl poll / journal! Here are the Claus-related posts.

No.7:
MOTHER3のクラウスについて語らせて下さい。
ネタバレになるので詳しくは言えないのですが、
彼はMOTHER3においてはとってもかわいそうな役回りでした。
ぜひ、彼にもう一度命を与えて欲しい、それができるのはスマブラしか無いと思います。

P.S. 前々作からのプリン使いの自分としては、プリンがもしいなくなってしまうとするとやはり寂しいです。でもそれはどのキャラについても言えることなんですよね・・・

Basic Translation:
Please include Claus from MOTHER 3. It wouldn't be much of a spoiler because his time in MOTHER 3 was short. He can be brought back from the dead, something that can only happen in the Smash Bros. world.

(The post-script talks about Jigglypuff...the poster doesn't seem to like her lol.)

No.95:
発表されたムービーを見て、思わずパソコンの前で絶叫してしまいました。
発売から4年以上経っているにも関わらず、未だ全く飽きる事なくスマブラを(64版もDXも)プレイし続けている私にとって、最高に嬉しい報せでした!
何だかもう興奮の余り言葉が纏まりそうにもありませんが、取り敢えず思ったことを綴ってみようと思います。

メタナイト、待ってました!!
前作の時から、メタナイト出てくれないかなー…
と思っていたので、遂に参戦との事で嬉しい限りです。
しかもどうやらハルバードステージがあるようで!
曲も「メックアイ」とか「ハーフムーン」だったらとても嬉しいです。

個人的に出してほしいキャラクターとしては、「マザー3」のリュカが挙げられます。
良くを言うなれば、クラウスも出てくれると嬉しい事このうえないです。
とても思い入れのあるキャラクターなので…
前作でのアイスクライマーみたいにリュカとクラウスでひとつのキャラだったり、リュカ単体でもカラーの変更でクラウスカラーになったりしたら良いのになあ、なんて事をひたすら夢想しています。

発売が待ち遠しくて堪らないのですが、発売までこういう風に色々想像するのも楽しみのひとつですね。
今回、Wi-Fi対応と言うことは、離れた所に住んでいて一緒にプレイすることの出来ない友人や家族とも、また、全く見知らぬ人とも対戦出来ると言うことで、楽しみで楽しみで仕方がありません。
発売まで、このキャラが、この曲が、このステージが出たら良いな、なんて事を夢想しつつ、ひたすらわくわくして待っていようと思います。

(Basic Translation:
(First, he just gushes about the Smash series, and how he's so relieved to have a new one. He loves Meta Knight and the Battleship Halberd; he also makes some music requests. Now, the third paragraph is where Claus talk happens.)
Personally, out of all the characters, I hope that you include Lucas from MOTHER 3. Claus would be acceptable, too, though. You could make an Ice Climbers-esque team of Lucas and Claus, or just include one as a costume of the other. (He seems to be having a bit of trouble deciding between which of the brothers he wants in Brawl lol.)
(The fourth paragraph is about Wi-Fi and other non-Claus things.)

Those were (sadly) the only two that I could find which pertained to Claus. I may have missed some, though, so others are more than welcome to search on their own. It just makes me wonder if what Fatmanonice said was really true...

Top Bottom