• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Kumatora's moves have all been jacked by Lucas. There's almost no hope for her even being an assist trophy, really. The only thing left is PK Ground, which would make for a pretty good AT attack.

I'm pretty convinced that Ness isn't coming back. Ness has no moves of his own that are really worthy of Smash. He and Lucas play the same role in their games, as leader of their teams. They also are the ones who eventually get more HP and PP than anyone else in the game, but even though they have such high PP, all but one of their PSI attacks are healing and assistance PSI. The only attacks either have that are physical are PK Rockin (Ness) and PK Love (Lucas). And since those two attacks would be too hard to put into Smash in a manner that isn't too devastating, something had to be done. So Ness stole from Paula and Lucas stole from Kumatora. Kumatora plays the Ana/Paula role in Mother 3, so her attacks are basically the same. There's no one left for Ness to steal from. Poo could be open for consideration, but his most notable physical attack was PSI Starstorm... and look who has that. :p
My thoughts exactly--sort of. It's not that I think Ness isn't coming back; rather, I think that he SHOULDN'T come back. There is very little Ness could do that wouldn't already be used by Lucas, save perhaps PK Flash (instead of Freeze) and PK Teleport (instead of Thunder). But realistically, the Special Moves are far too similar, and they even share some of the same physical attacks: Home Run Swing (bat or stick, it's the same thing), DTilt (in a commercial, perhaps that 6-minute video during a Giga Bowser FS), FAir (albeit with a different graphic), etc.

Needless to say, if Ness comes back and takes what could have been Claus's spot as the second MOTHER rep, I will be livid.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kumatora's moves have all been jacked by Lucas. There's almost no hope for her even being an assist trophy, really. The only thing left is PK Ground, which would make for a pretty good AT attack.
If Duster is Assist Trophy, she'll at least be that. Besides, you guys are forgetting the possiblity of a clone here. Anyway, I'll let Claus in before her.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I've never wanted Claus... but now I do!

He looks so cool for a villain, and he has so manycool fan-made movesets, it makes me want him! Plus, I'd really like to play as a bad guy from Mother 3. Claus for Brawl! (May I be added?)

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Duster has no PSI, so I've been curious as to what he does as an AT for some time now. He normally attacked with kicks, but Waluigi has kinda taken that. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm amazed how Duster has been seen as an assist trophy but no one has mentioned what he does. I'm guessing that he uses Wall Staples or a New Year's Eve Bomb. It's too bad because he was easily the most original fighter in MOTHER3.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Whoops! I didn't see my other post get posted!

While I have this post, what alt. colors do you think Claus could have?

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
You're right! Claus is awesome!

I really like his helmet. He's such a cute villain!

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
I just thought, what if as Lucas's 'dark' costume, he's emo? That would be so WTF and awesome. Still, as for Claus alt colours, a fair few good guys have 'dark' costumes, so what if Claus had a really wierd 'light costume'? Or something really stupid, like a pink suit? (similar to Falcon's)

Also, has Lucas actually been playable in any demos yet?

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Duster has no PSI, so I've been curious as to what he does as an AT for some time now. He normally attacked with kicks, but Waluigi has kinda taken that. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Duster was shown in a Japanese TV spot where he uses his bass guitar to attack. It's kind of like DK's final smash.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I just thought, what if as Lucas's 'dark' costume, he's emo? That would be so WTF and awesome. Still, as for Claus alt colours, a fair few good guys have 'dark' costumes, so what if Claus had a really wierd 'light costume'? Or something really stupid, like a pink suit? (similar to Falcon's)

Also, has Lucas actually been playable in any demos yet?
Maybe a white helmet, blue shirt, and blue pants? :p

I don't think so. But he's been in commercials, so he's obviously starter!

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Lucas was playable at Jump Fiesta. Security was tight there, so videos are hard to come be. His voice actor isn't Japanese, strangely enough O.o

also -
Duster was shown in a Japanese TV spot where he uses his bass guitar to attack. It's kind of like DK's final smash.
That's been proven to be Barbara the Bat.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Lucas was playable at Jump Fiesta. Security was tight there, so videos are hard to come be. His voice actor isn't Japanese, strangely enough O.o

also -

That's been proven to be Barbara the Bat.
He was at Jump Fiesta? COOL!!

I wasn't really hyped about Mother characters in Brawl, but thanks to Claus, II've jumped aboard the Mother train!

...that came out wrong.

~Mii~

Smash Rookie
I definitely want to see Claus in brawl, he would be so good as a second character, better than Ness

T-major

Smash Champion
Or something really stupid, like a pink suit? (similar to Falcon's)
I was thinking about that. I think he would have a pink colour swap, because it'sthe Pigmask Army colours...

and Lucas wasn't playable at Jump Festa; they just had gameplay videos of him... I don't know why he hasn't been yet, in all honesty... oh well, the game will be out soon enough.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Hey, does anybody think mastering Ness would make you half-way decent with Lucas? Because they are just a SMALL bit similair. And just yesterday I found out I'm good wiht Ness...

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I could have sworn he was playable. Oh well.

Claus Color Swaps-
Normal
Gold Helmet, dark blue shirt, black pants
Black Helmet, white shirt, black pants
White helmet, white shirt, white pants
Pink helmet, pink shirt, pink pants (black gloves)

Also - Here's a cool picture Starmen.net has. I didn't make this, but I like it :p

http://files.fobby.net/0000/420f/rynen10k_final.jpg
XD

Let's think of his taunts.

Now, bare with me, I'm sorta new to Claus.

(Up) - Takes off his mask.
(Side) - Hail sign that the Pigmasks do.
(Down) - Gets electrified (see the sprites wheer he falls down on his knees while electrified.)

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
F-zero: I hate it but the Cap has been in since days one. Shouldn't he get two also
My Thought: No F-Zero isn't a really popular series and the characters aren't that memorable.
What the hell are you talking about? F-Zero is popular, and the characters are memorable if you've played GX. There's a story mode. The same could be said for MOTHER. It's a very obscure game, while F-Zero is not. It deserves another Rep. It's one of the three series that haven't had new reps at all. Ice Climber has no possible new rep, and Metroid didn't get 2 reps for whatever reason.
response in red

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
XD

(Up) Taunt 1 - Gets in a fighting pose and signals with his hand like a japanese person to come 'bring it on.'
(Side) Taunt 2 - Spins in a circle with his wings out.
(Down) Taunt 3 - Sticks his sword in the ground and leans on it.
I'm not trying to be insulting, I still haven't played Mother 3 yet myself, but try to research a bit before suggestions. One key pose, which I have no doubt he'll at least have considered, is to pull his mask off. Another which I think would go great with his character which I've mentioned before, is that he simply looks at the player (towards the screen) and maybe a Mother 3 text box with '...' comes up. Although that one would work better on his victory screen. Finally, he could make the 'hail' sign that the Pigmasks do. (Yes, similar to the Nazi salute, at least judging from the sprites.)

If you want, his spritesheet is here, this is from the game so should give you a few ideas... http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/mother/mother3/display.php?file=mother3_maskedboy.png

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I should've researched more. :/

So, then:

(Up) - Takes off his mask.
(Side) - Hail sign that the Pigmasks do.
(Down) - Gets electrified (see the sprites wheer he falls down on his knees while electrified.)

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
XD

(Up) Taunt 1 - Gets in a fighting pose and signals with his hand like a japanese person to come 'bring it on.'
(Side) Taunt 2 - Spins in a circle with his wings out.
(Down) Taunt 3 - Sticks his sword in the ground and leans on it.
I always had different taunts in mind.

Taunt 1 - Swings his sword as if he's going to use his thunder attack, after two swings pointing it forward.
Taunt 2 - Claus looks around for a moment, holds his hands out, and looks at them.
Taunt 3 - Claus takes his helmet off and shakes his head to adjust his hair.

Taunt 2 is from the last battle with him - "The Masked Man looks around, as if searching for someone. Lucas feels like crying."

Taunt 3 is just there to be spoilertastic.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
I always had different taunts in mind.

Taunt 1 - Swings his sword as if he's going to use his thunder attack, after two swings pointing it forward.
Taunt 2 - Claus looks around for a moment, holds his hands out, and looks at them.
Taunt 3 - Claus takes his helmet off and shakes his head to adjust his hair.

Taunt 2 is from the last battle with him - "The Masked Man looks around, as if searching for someone. Lucas feels like crying."

Taunt 3 is just there to be spoilertastic.
Nice, I was thinking of there being one where he holds his hands on his ears and closes his eyes, but yours would be much better.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
DeviantART said:
Date: Jan 20, 2008, 12:14:01 AM

Hi, I'll keep this as short as possible, yeah, my other account was banned too, because apparently they are very good at tracking IP addresses, I'm not going back there, plus, I got banned for the most stupid thing, I was at 0 points and I got two warnings, 3 points each for MAJOR spam, it was ridiculous, it was more trolling/flaming than spamming, they clearly had been wanting to ban me for a long time, those posts weren't worth 6 points, nor did they warrant banning ANYONE, it's a shame, well, I'm starting college right now, so it's a good thing that I don't stay at that site any longer, anyway, you can start a new Claus thread if you please, but I wouldn't advice you to do it right at this moment, unless he gets confirmed, cause release date is so close it would be a waste if he wasn't in.

----------
Ouendanation said the following:

Did you get banned with your alt account on SmashBoards, too? Everyone's saying you did and we''re getting worried and stuff
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

So, what do you guys think we should do? Personally, I think we should make another one, and the mods can just move the thread if he does get in.

Oh, and I guess this means I'm Colonel now... :)/:(/:dizzy:

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
DeviantART said:
Date: Jan 20, 2008, 12:14:01 AM

Hi, I'll keep this as short as possible, yeah, my other account was banned too, because apparently they are very good at tracking IP addresses, I'm not going back there, plus, I got banned for the most stupid thing, I was at 0 points and I got two warnings, 3 points each for MAJOR spam, it was ridiculous, it was more trolling/flaming than spamming, they clearly had been wanting to ban me for a long time, those posts weren't worth 6 points, nor did they warrant banning ANYONE, it's a shame, well, I'm starting college right now, so it's a good thing that I don't stay at that site any longer, anyway, you can start a new Claus thread if you please, but I wouldn't advice you to do it right at this moment, unless he gets confirmed, cause release date is so close it would be a waste if he wasn't in.

----------
Ouendanation said the following:

Did you get banned with your alt account on SmashBoards, too? Everyone's saying you did and we''re getting worried and stuff

General summary: Vesper is gone for good. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

So, what do you guys think we should do? Personally, I think we should make another one, and the mods can just move the thread if he does get in.

Oh, and I guess this means I'm Colonel now... :)/:(/:dizzy:

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Taunts: 1. Swings his blade twice (looking at the screen, so it doesnt do any damage), while the eye behind the glass thingy glows red. (This is from where he draws his blade when you're going to face him)
2. Jumps and slices wih his blade as he falls down (again, looking at the screen). (When he jumps at you)
3. Takes his helmet off, showing his real face, and then he puts his helmet back on. (Spoilerastic :p)

this are from my moveset in the first page :p

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'm all for making a new thread. That way we could at least beautify the front page again. I'd even type it up if no one else felt like it. That's pretty sad that Ves is gone. Hopefully Claus will be there smiling blank expressioning at him when Brawl comes out, to make up for all of this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I say we shouldn't. Part of this thread is to make people Claus supporters. Because the game is already made, support won't do much unless it can go back in time and change the future. For now, we should just discuss him in general.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I know what you guys mean, but what about the OP? It looks ugly as hell. We can't have that there if Claus is in and this becomes the official thread.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Can't a mod fix it? Anyway, if this were to become the official thread, then, we can ask to hold on for a bit while we make an update thread. Although, if Claus is playable, this thread would no longer be needed as it would have fulfilled its purpose.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
A new thread would be best, because it could work just the same as this one, but it'd actually have a front page that we could update with more movesets, art links, support banners, etc etc. I don't really see any negatives to making a new thread, other support groups have done it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While other clubs have made new threads, it's too late to do that now. The game comes out in eleven days in Japan.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just realized that.Still, I say we wait until judgment day before we decide to make one.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
The only reason I think a new thread might be needed is because of how big this one is. It's getting hard to find anything in this. Besides, it would work like this.:

Someone starts up a new one
As news comes out, we can actually update the first post to include that he's in.
It gets moved to Claus' subforum
We party and laugh at everyone who said it wasn't going to happen
We discuss how awesome Claus is to play as and his part (if any) in SSE.

Or case B

Someone starts up a new one
As news comes out we update that he isn't in. (God forbid)
It stays here and we remain a group of people who wear frowns all the time
We discuss what could have been and have huge hopes for downloadable content or something.

either way, it seems to work out pretty good.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be honest, if he's deconfirmed I probably won't be on here to just complain about it. Claus IS my most wanted character, above Megaman even, but if he's deconfirmed, there are already plenty of great characters I'm gonna try. I think I'm going to go with Sonic as I love speed, but if Claus is in, I'm maining him. No doubt, I actually have no main in melee, I use Falco most but I'm pretty fickle. I'll usually main a character I'm into (Link, Mario etc) until I get interested in something else. But Claus is the only character I've seen and thought, yes, if he's in, I'm maining him. No doubt. So I've got a lot riding on this guy, and even if he's like Mewtwo I'll main him. (I suck as Mewtwo, I'm not trying to offend Mewtwo users lol)

On a more Claus related note, so you think he'll be a light character (due to his size and age being similar to Lucas) or heavy (since he's a cyborg, that metal must weigh a fair bit.)?

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking medium. Just because of his size. There isn't really too much story confirmation that they necessarily "remade" him, just that he's under Pokey's control. Whatever happens though, if he's in. I'll main him. He could be extremely light, weaker than Luigi's taunt, slower than Mewtwo and hurt himself every time he attacked, and I still would main him.

Top Bottom