• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Claus will join my top 4 playing characters (Olimar, Luigi(unconfirmed), King Dedede, and Diddy.)

I think he'd be...

Weight: 2 1/2 /5
Speed: 3-4/5
Jump: 3-4/5
Attack: 4-5/5

I know I'm missing one stat...

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
:p Yeah, you're right!

But Claus would probaly be above Mid Tier. WAY above Mid Tier.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Kuma, it seems you're about the only one against this, and you're REALLY against it. It's not that bad, people are still trying to make character threads.

A lot of the regulars have posted saying it's best right now, so I think I should make the thread. Sorry Kuma (and the rest of the keep-the-old-thread supporters) :ohwell: Oh, and Kuma, the support topic will become the official discussion thread if he is confirmed.

I think I'm going to use Vesper's format, but just improve on it. So, who are the mods of Character Discussion so I can PM one?

RIP Vesperview :(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's all right.

Are there even forum specific mods here?

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, hopefully to make up for it, Claus have a subforum. I've done a few calculations and such, thinking about some things, and this is probably repeating what people know. We have 23 real characters right now. And according to rumor, it'll take around 240 hours to play through Subspace Emissary with everyone. Realistic guesses put SSE at around 6 hours per character, give or take a couple of minutes. That works out perfectly to 40 characters. There's room for 17 more. Considering that Luigi, Jiggs and Falcon are coming back, hopefully as well as Falco and Ganondorf, that's 12 characters left. What are the chances that Claus isn't one of them?

And before someone says anything about it being too long, that just goes to help my guesses. The less time it takes, the more characters there would have to be. And 6 hours seems reasonable, wouldn't you agree?

Also - I think these are the moderators here:
Scavenger382, Kokichi, Mic_128, Coen, B-Will, KishPrime, Gimpyfish62, Silent Wolf, SamuraiPanda, Youko

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Like I said, hopefully to make up for it, Claus have a subforum. I've done a few calculations and such, thinking about some things, and this is probably repeating what people know. We have 23 real characters right now. And according to rumor, it'll take around 240 hours to play through Subspace Emissary with everyone. Realistic guesses put SSE at around 6 hours per character, give or take a couple of minutes. That works out perfectly to 40 characters. There's room for 17 more. Considering that Luigi, Jiggs and Falcon are coming back, hopefully as well as Falco and Ganondorf, that's 12 characters left. What are the chances that Claus isn't one of them?

And before someone says anything about it being too long, that just goes to help my guesses. The less time it takes, the more characters there would have to be. And 6 hours seems reasonable, wouldn't you agree?

Also - I think these are the moderators here:
Scavenger382, Kokichi, Mic_128, Coen, B-Will, KishPrime, Gimpyfish62, Silent Wolf, SamuraiPanda, Youko
So, I'll PM a mod after I know exactly how I'm making the thread. Probably Youko.

Also, I got the sprites where Claus takes off his helmet, but I can't make them into gifs, so I'll upload the sprites if someone could make them into a gif.

http://chaos.cannisgroup.net/New Folder.zip

Ouendanation

Smash Ace

'ere ya go.
Two sizes, and I even gave it true-to-game-as-I-could-get frame delays. 8D

Also, Ouendanation, I could help you with format if you wanted, stuff like that is my forte. Sorta. Up to you.
Oh my god, that's awesome. I think there's too much delay on the last frame, though.

I can do the format on my own, I think. If I can't, I'll ask you.

EDIT: Made a simple table of contents.

Table of Contents
I. Who is Claus?
II. About MOTHER3
III. Why Claus?
IV. MMPMA
V. Fan Projects
VI. Rules
VII. Links
VIII. Credits

Thoughts?

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty much all it needs for now. If you need any real in-depth info on him and the game, just ask me. I pride myself in being overly obsessed with the Mother series as a whole XD

Suska

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* because of the recent news about Ness in the screen shot with the stickers (see below). I don't believe Claus will be in brawl now *sadness*

http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iup542612bd3.jpg

If you look, you'll see that only Lucas and Ness is shown. I assume that this is a Mother only sticker and since it would show all of said character, I'm sad to say Claus maybe deconfirmed.
*sigh again* and I wanted him so much more then Ness too...

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
... He gives a PSI bonus of +8... to Ness and Lucas... Well... who says Claus uses PSI? All of his attacks could be physical...

EDIT: OBJECTION!!!

That image is from that video. In the video there was no information under the stickers. This looks shopped. I want proof as to where this came from.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
*sigh* because of the recent news about Ness in the screen shot with the stickers (see below). I don't believe Claus will be in brawl now *sadness*

http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iup542612bd3.jpg

If you look, you'll see that only Lucas and Ness is shown. I assume that this is a Mother only sticker and since it would show all of said character, I'm sad to say Claus maybe deconfirmed.
*sigh again* and I wanted him so much more then Ness too...
**** this. Never have I been more upset to see that wretched sideways baseball cap. Claus is so much more unique and original. And knowing Nintendo, Ness will be essentially the same as Lucas...what a waste.

All of my hype for Brawl is officially gone as of right....now.

... He gives a PSI bonus of +8... to Ness and Lucas... Well... who says Claus uses PSI? All of his attacks could be physical...
:(

I wish. I can still dream, but it won't amount to much. **** Ness.

EDIT: No, it's definitely in the video. Go here: http://wii.com/jp/movies/smashbros-movie1/
Watch. Weep. Curse that wretched waste of space known as Ness.

OK desu ka?
OK ja arimasen.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
It's from wii.com, it's the real deal, watched it myself. Right on 4:21 is Ness.

Anyway, Claus could simply be a different family of PSI users like Sakurai was talking about when he talked about Lucas and Ness being in the same family, which it looks like they are, or not use PSI and rely on electricity and beams.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Or be a secret character. They know people would be paying attention to that kind of stuff. They wouldn't give away secret characters by accident like that... Lucario might be a starter.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It's from wii.com, it's the real deal, watched it myself. Right on 4:21 is Ness.

Anyway, Claus could simply be a different family of PSI users like Sakurai was talking about when he talked about Lucas and Ness being in the same family, which it looks like they are, or not use PSI and rely on electricity and beams.
...I really wish I could believe it. I guess I'll put that thought in the back of my mind, but... I just wish it didn't have to come to this. I really hope you're right. :(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
**** this. Never have I been more upset to see that wretched sideways baseball cap.
I'm with you. I can't believe that I'm mad because a character has been confirmed playable.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
yeah, wath the one in wii.com, Ness, Lucario and Jiggs appear (PT, PIkashu, jiggs and Lucario under groundon?, and Lucas and Ness under Claus) Claus and Mewtwo deconfirmed

:( (Claus and :) (Ness)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I guess with Lucario confirmed...

...I checked the last person in my sig as Dedede...

****it

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
seriously...if Ness is in so are clones...if clones are in "48 characters" is too little...

I am surprisingly angry...I want....I wa....**** I dunno what I want to do anymore....screw this....Im ****in happy Skrai delayed the ****in game....gives me a month to cool off at all of the wasted potential Brawl couldve had...

Noshiee

Smash Ace
as long as we know, Ness could come back with a different and more accurate moveset (even if it doesnt make sence),like:

B: PK Flash (new form)
>B: Slingshot/Paralysis/Brainshock/Hypnosis
^B:Teleport
Down B: Healing/Shield (It could also be PSI Shield, he didnt have it, but he has stolen mmoves before)

FS: PK Rockin

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Well... Claus only uses 1 PSI attack, PK Love. His other attacks in game are the arm cannon and sword hits, as well as using that sword to use thunder.

Mother's badass enough to have three reps. I'm not giving up until the bitter end.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm with you. I can't believe that I'm mad because a character has been confirmed playable.
Normally character confirmations are exciting. But the implications of Ness returning--and given the high probability of only 35 characters... it just looks bleak now, friends.

yeah, wath the one in wii.com, Ness, Lucario and Jiggs appear (PT, PIkashu, jiggs and Lucario under groundon?, and Lucas and Ness under Claus) Claus and Mewtwo deconfirmed

:( (Claus and :mad: (Ness)
Fixed.

Well, I guess with Lucario confirmed...

...I checked the last person in my sig as Dedede...

****it
At least you can check off people in your sig. :ohwell:

ZenJestr said:
seriously...if Ness is in so are clones...if clones are in "48 characters" is too little...

I am surprisingly angry...I want....I wa....**** I dunno what I want to do anymore....screw this....Im ****in happy Skrai delayed the ****in game....gives me a month to cool off at all of the wasted potential Brawl couldve had...
Hell, if clones are back, 35 characters is minuscule. Downright unfair, that's what. I don't even care that the game was delayed frankly. This killed my Brawl hype. Wasted potential is the biggest factor, and it truly is a crime.

PrettyGoodYear said:
Part of me is very happy Ness is back...

But a part of me died a bit inside :(
I'm not even that enthusiastic. This is just uncalled for. I'm really upset by this. :(

ForteX said:
Well... Claus only uses 1 PSI attack, PK Love. His other attacks in game are the arm cannon and sword hits, as well as using that sword to use thunder.

Mother's badass enough to have three reps. I'm not giving up until the bitter end.
I love ya, man. Your will is stronger than mine. Good to have you around. I'm pessimistic as ever, but I'll try to be strong. Thanks, pal.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I'm torn. It's great to see Ness will return, as long as he has a different moveset. If he is a clone then D*** YOU SAKURAI, WHY WOULD YOU THROW AWAY A POTENTIALLY GREAT CHARACTER FOR ANOTHER CLONE!!!

:ohwell:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Guys, this is not the end just yet. It's possible that Mewtwo, Claus, and every other MOTHER character are still safe because it may only be showing characters that we unlocked at that time.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys, this is not the end just yet. It's possible that Mewtwo, Claus, and every other MOTHER character are still safe because it may only be showing characters that we unlocked at that time.
This is our roster

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Ness
Jigglypuff
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
WW Link
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf
Falco
Luigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Guys, the video has been changed back to its original state. Doesn't this all just seem a little fishy? out of the blue, Nintendo edits a video with a minute detail, ONLY that one part, confirming two characters, and then a bit later they edit it again?

I'm convinced that this was the work of a hacker. It's not the first time some of Nintendo's stuff has been hacked. The Metroid Prime Hunters leaderboards were hacked once to put "The Regginator" at the top of the list with 100000000000 points and 100000000000 games played. Until I see Ness or Lucario on the Dojo, I classify this as BS.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
You guys! Did you actually watch the video? The pictures are modified. I can't believe everyone on here fell for this. There is no picture of Ness in the Japanese vids.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
You guys! Did you actually watch the video? The pictures are modified. I can't believe everyone on here fell for this. There is no picture of Ness in the Japanese vids.
No, they were there. It was modified; Nintendo caught the leak. It's over.

:(

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo caught the fake leak. It's over for the leak. The leak isn't real. Nintendo wouldn't do this kind of stuff by accident. Has it ever happened before? No. Some Claus fanclub we have here. Claus' final resting place will not be that dark cave under the Empire Porky Building. He's going to cheat death... One. Last. Time.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
They aren't crazy. It WAS there. I watched it and saw it to be true around 12:30-12:40. However, upon trying to find the video for my friend, I came back here to find the link. The same link I used lacked the pictures. Nintendo would NOT, I repeat NOT, accidentally do something like that. It would have been a separate video. This is the work of a hacker with some photoshop skills and a few sprites to edit.

Top Bottom