• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

D

Deleted member

Wow, you are so ********!
Am I a pretty ******?

This is what it means - "not all important characters get in"
And here is what I am talking about:
Claus can because HE IS LIKELY
What is so hard to ****ing understand you blind SOB?
Where you said he is unlikely. And my mother is not a *****. My Father is, so, thanks for the comment.^^

Fun fact: It means what it ****ing says. NOT ALL IMPORTANT CHARACTERS GET IN. There are LOTS of important characters in the Nintendo universe, so why the Hell is Claus so special?
Because of his fans. His fans are what make him special. His fans. His supporters. Sakurai listens to these fans and he pays close attention to them. If we tell him we want Claus, than, hell, he will give it his all to give us Claus. His fans make him likely. How else would Lucario get in? Because Sakurai wants to give what the fans want. So far, he is doing a swell job.
Why not Andy from Advance Wars, the most well-known character in this 20 year old Advance Wars series? Or Lolo, the star of Adventures of Lolo, a nine game series, which Sakurai enjoys very much? Or Little Mac, star of one of the favorite NES games? Christ, are you that thick that you'd completely ignore every single statement I ever say?
Jeez, I'm not that thick. Maybe it wouldn't hurt if I lost some weight but, meh.

I will admit, a lot of people want Andy but enough to get him a PC spot? I dunno, let's ask Little Mac. He had a wide fan support but I dunno if we shown enough love for him at all. Maybe a little but are/were their fan bases big enough to get 'em a spot. Apparently not.

It's one thing to be important, it's another thing to be picked by Sakurai FOR the importance you hold. Other characters hold importance, and maybe he just said "you know what? I think these guys should get in over these guys, despite their importance." Christ.
I think that the one thing that Sakurai finds the most important are his f*cking fans. I see now. You are ignoring the fact that Sakurai wants to please the fans. By doing so, he'll put in
Ridley, Geno, Krystal. He certainly made more than half of the gaming population happy when we heard those words "LIVE AND LEARN".

Geno has too many legal issues to go through to be worth it, not even comparable notability to Snake or Sonic,
Less than Sonic did. Why would it be too much of a problem for Sakurai to sign a few contracts, hand over a few dollars and get the character? It's not rocket science for crying out loud.
Doesn't even begin to be known in Europe, where SMRPG never was released, etc.
That doesn't mean the whole continent doesn't know about him or Mario RPG.

And add on top of that K. Rool, in a dwindling series, a series whose popularity has died in Japan, selling an acceptable amount, but not enough to get three reps! It was once popular, now it somehow started sucking.
So? The series is sucking. That affects his chances? Ice Climber sucked and only had one game.

Right, I guess Melee never happened - Ridley, Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Pit, etc. didn't make it. Oh, wait, Sakurai makes his own decisions, and not every character that has a large fan base makes it in.
This is Brawl. Not Melee 2. Like I said; Sakurai is willing to give the fans what they want. Sakurai worked for HAL at the times of Melee. He didn't have much say in the game. This time, it's different. This time, it's the time. This time, it's a Brawl.

Maybe he looked at the sales of the last five released Metroid games in Japan and said that it wasn't important enough?
An assumption

If Metroid was significant enough to Sakurai, enough to make him add three reps (because you may not want to admit it, but ZSS takes up as much effort and time to make as Ridley would), then it would have been significant enough to add Ridley in Melee in the first place - you know, when the series was making its triumphant comeback?
ZSSamus is different because, she wouldn't take up a spot. If we only leave Samus with the ZSSamus after FS, that's still one rep. It'd be dumb. Who better- BETTER than Ridley?

...See, fun idea - let's not say that the main villain is as likely as the main character, kay?
Lucas, Donkey Kong and Samus are already confirmed though, so, now, we can.

You did so much research that you explained away the fact that Claus and Mewtwo weren't shown to be playable in that video, even though it showed Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness.
I don't know what to think about that video. Maybe they're not playable in SSE or they weren't unlocked yet or it really was just a hack. There are a lot of ideas out there just poppin' outa peoples *****.

Okay, moron, so here's the low-down - I don't give half a **** about popularity. At this point, Claus, Mewtwo, Ridley, etc. only have support because people cling desperately to them sitll having a chance.
And they still do have a chance. Just because you see something small, you have to believe it's big?
-insert a joke about A Link to the Snitch's ***** here-

And those people could be their last chance. There could be a ton of explanations out there
but the only people who know are the ones that aren't b*ll****ting leaker's. One example; Sakurai.

They have a very small chance. I will be very surprised if they make it in.
el-em-eh-oh
You make me giggle. Get your =O face ready.

The fact of the matter is that your fanboy crushes on these characters influences your opinion of their likelihood.
I'll admit it, I am a fanboy, but at least I support characters that ARE likely.

We aren't getting anymore third parties, Krystal's out, K. Rool's chances are diminished, Geno's relatively unknown in Australia, Africa, and Europe, etc.
And you supposedly know what you're talking about, eh?
You deny Geno, Ridley and NOW Krystal.

My god. And I'm dumb? Do you have a double-digit IQ at all?!

The fact of the matter is that Mewtwo could only get in if this video turned out to be a fake. And it probably isn't. If they would show a brand new character revelation, they wouldn't be too shy to hide a veteran revelation.
There could be a good logical explanation behind it all.
Otherwise,
Mewtwo, Krystal, Geno, K. Rool, Ridley, Claus for Brawl!

Now, Snitch;
GET
THE
F*CK
OUT

Deku Boy

Smash Cadet
Wow, you are so ********!

This is what it means - "not all important characters get in"

What is so hard to ****ing understand you blind SOB?

Fun fact: It means what it ****ing says. NOT ALL IMPORTANT CHARACTERS GET IN. There are LOTS of important characters in the Nintendo universe, so why the Hell is Claus so special? Why not Andy from Advance Wars, the most well-known character in this 20 year old Advance Wars series? Or Lolo, the star of Adventures of Lolo, a nine game series, which Sakurai enjoys very much? Or Little Mac, star of one of the favorite NES games? Christ, are you that thick that you'd completely ignore every single statement I ever say? It's one thing to be important, it's another thing to be picked by Sakurai FOR the importance you hold. Other characters hold importance, and maybe he just said "you know what? I think these guys should get in over these guys, despite their importance." Christ.

Geno has too many legal issues to go through to be worth it, not even comparable notability to Snake or Sonic, Doesn't even begin to be known in Europe, where SMRPG never was released, etc. And add on top of that K. Rool, in a dwindling series, a series whose popularity has died in Japan, selling an acceptable amount, but not enough to get three reps! It was once popular, now it somehow started sucking.

Right, I guess Melee never happened - Ridley, Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Pit, etc. didn't make it. Oh, wait, Sakurai makes his own decisions, and not every character that has a large fan base makes it in. Maybe he looked at the sales of the last five released Metroid games in Japan and said that it wasn't important enough? If Metroid was significant enough to Sakurai, enough to make him add three reps (because you may not want to admit it, but ZSS takes up as much effort and time to make as Ridley would), then it would have been significant enough to add Ridley in Melee in the first place - you know, when the series was making its triumphant comeback?
Er... Sure... but we don't care about any of that. We only care about Claus. Your huge point, "not all important characters get in", is really a pathetic backing for an argument, because all you're doing is pointing out something obvious and irrelevant.

...See, fun idea - let's not say that the main villain is as likely as the main character, kay?
If I had to say anything... I'd say he's probably the second most likely, although he may be third after the main character's quirky sidekick. Of course, generalizing doesn't work in all cases. Lucas and Claus, and their unique relationship is a bit beyond such set guidelines as heroes and villains, wouldn't you say?

You did so much research that you explained away the fact that Claus and Mewtwo weren't shown to be playable in that video, even though it showed Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness.
Erm... Mewtwo? Why did you bring him up at all? >_> And secondly, it's already been pointed out that Claus could fight entirely without PSI. It's possible that he wasn't powered up by the sticker because he doesn't use any PSI for it to power up. In addition, I don't recall Sakurai saying that Stickers would work for every single member of their franchise. Young Claus is on the side of good, so perhaps the Pokey-controlled, evil Claus can't take advantage of his power. >_>

Okay, moron, so here's the low-down - I don't give half a **** about popularity. At this point, Claus, Mewtwo, Ridley, etc. only have support because people cling desperately to them sitll having a chance.

They have a very small chance. I will be very surprised if they make it in.

The fact of the matter is that your fanboy crushes on these characters influences your opinion of their likelihood. We aren't getting anymore third parties, Krystal's out, K. Rool's chances are diminished, Geno's relatively unknown in Australia, Africa, and Europe, etc.

The fact of the matter is that Mewtwo could only get in if this video turned out to be a fake. And it probably isn't. If they would show a brand new character revelation, they wouldn't be too shy to hide a veteran revelation.
You know, I'm sure that Ness supporters received this exact same speech over " up until now". Now they're laughing it up at all of the doubters. Claus is the character we want to see in the game, and regardless of whether he has a great chance or not, we're still going to support him, because that's the purpose of support. To back your favorite character and to try and show others why you think that character is so great.

Your whole logic... all of your reasoning only serves to explain what we already know, that Claus isn't necessarily a shoo-in. But that's all the more reason to support him. You haven't disproven Claus's chancesl; all you're doing is aggravating everyone in this topic with your constant insistence on the obvious. It's rather sad that it bothers you so much that people support a character you don't care for.

...My gosh you use the phrase "the fact of the matter" a lot.:dizzy:

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Right, I guess Melee never happened - Ridley, Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Pit, etc. didn't make it. Oh, wait, Sakurai makes his own decisions, and not every character that has a large fan base makes it in. Maybe he looked at the sales of the last five released Metroid games in Japan and said that it wasn't important enough? If Metroid was significant enough to Sakurai, enough to make him add three reps (because you may not want to admit it, but ZSS takes up as much effort and time to make as Ridley would), then it would have been significant enough to add Ridley in Melee in the first place - you know, when the series was making its triumphant comeback?
Yes, ZSS is a character, but she and Samus only add up to one Metroid Rep. Samus with or without a suit is still Samus, and I as a Metroid fan would be upset if that's all the Metroid rep we'd get.

D

Deleted member

Well we aren't, don't be selfish.
This isn't going to accomplish anything for either side, and you're being juvenile.
Yeah, you're right. I apologize about that last comment I made. But, now that I see how much Snitch really thinks (Krystal being out, Ridley low chances etc.) I'm gonna stop. All that matters is that we know how wrong he is and how high Claus' chances are. I am not giving up on a debate battle, I am no surrendering, I am just stopping seeing how wrong he is now.

Claus for Brawl!

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
No problem as long as it stays down from both of you. If it's that important that you can't put something incredibly petty behind either of you, pick it up again VIA PRIVATE MESSAGES.

Back on topic, I've noticed Claus' shoes don't look so much like leather boots, but kinda remind me of Ike's steel toed deals.

I'll accept your comments of me being wrong if you accept my comments of you being a moron.

(which would, in turn, cancel out the whole "wrong" assessment)

D

Deleted member

I'll accept your comments of me being wrong if you accept my comments of you being a moron.
I don't need to hear you admit you're wrong because I know you're wrong. I'm stopping. After your comments on the most obvious shoo-ins, it really shows that you know nothing. Saying Ridley, Geno, Krystal and Claus is unlikely, I hinted ignorance there. I truly did because you don't know anything about their chances. You only think their chances are low, but everyone else KNOWS that their chances are huge.

I'm done. That's it. No more.

You know? Let me guess, it's the whole fact that Claus' chances are diminished that makes you "know" that they aren't.

When Ridley, Geno, Krystal, and Claus are NPCs, I expect you to come back on your knees and apologize.

T-major

Smash Champion
I agree with Foz. Snitch is just being a troll. and if we argue with him, he wins. we KNOW he's wrong, so theres no point in getting him to say it. so just ignore him...

it's like knowing Hitler was evil. we know he was, so we don't need him to tell us in person/historical documents that he was...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
:dizzy:

I haven't posted in a while, and I'm kind of disappointed to see this. Again, let's not make this R.I.D.L.E.Y. v.2.0 (talk about a lot of periods!).

As for Claus, it's been brought up before, but it's entirely plausible for him to attack without PSI. Think of him as Meta Knight with projectiles / reach (arm cannon, Pig Bomb, lightning). I dunno how likely he is, but I will continue to support Claus until the bitter end--and even then, I will still support him even once Smash is released, regardless of whether or not he makes the cut.

I will say this, though: Sakurai has made NO mention of Claus (or the Masked Man) whatsoever in any publication or DOJO update. Even check Lucas' History page from that Famitsu booklet or whatever. I perused all the scans (to the best of my ability) and nowhere on them did I see any mention of Claus (KURAUSU クラウス) or the Masked Man (KAMEN NO OTOKO 仮面の男). I might thus direct your attention to another character who was completely ignored both on the DOJO and in any and all publications until very recently--Sheik. I now will attempt to draw a nice parallel between the two.

Now, anyone with considerable Zelda experience (I am operating under the assumption that I am one such person) would be able to tell you that Sheik matters little to the Zelda canon as a whole; granted, Sheik was a notable figure in OoT, but that was just one game. The same argument against Sheik could likewise be made against Midna and the like. Sakurai made mention of the fact that Link and Zelda's respective models were based on their designs in TP, and the only Zelda revealed for quite some time was Bridge of Eldin, a stage from the TP realm. Barring the OoT medley--which was really more a way to include some great and memorable music than it was a hint at Sheik's inclusion--there was really no reason to think that Sheik would be returning.

Indeed, Sheik's name was not mentioned officially until roughly two weeks ago. Sakurai had made mention of the fact that not all characters would be returning, so from the get-go anything was possible. With Brawl going in a more TP-esque direction, it was very possible that Sheik would not return. Zelda's Special Moves were first officially confirmed via the Corocoro character cards, and even then Sakurai refrained from mentioning Sheik, opting instead to hide Zelda's Down Special. Sheik wasn't even as fortunate as Ness, who was lavished with attention drawn from "Up until now..." and "Do you remember Ness?"

"But Sheik was an important part of Zelda's design in Melee!" (Aside: some might argue that she was TOO important a part. ;)) If, however, you asked one of these ardent Sheik fanatics to present any factual evidence or even a hint that Sheik might be back, there was no way to reassert his or her position. Even the argument of Sakurai purposefully avoiding Zelda's Special Moves as a means to make Sheik a surprise could likewise be taken as a way to avoid officially disconfirming a character and thus upsetting some fans. Up until two weeks ago (:chuckle:), Sheik was essentially dead to the Smash world.

Here's my point: NO mention has been made of Claus whatsoever, neither on the DOJO nor in official publications. For those unfamiliar with the Zelda series, Sheik was nonexistent; the MOTHER series, Claus. For fans of the respective series and/or characters, though, it has been agonizing. If anything, this lack of information (or even talk) about Claus only serves to heighten the suspense, making it a huge surprise if and/or when he is revealed. What makes Claus even more likely than Sheik, however, is his place in the series. He starred as a major villain who also had a strong tie to the main character--that in and of itself is a good enough case for inclusion. But taking it further, MOTHER 3 is really the culmination of everything wonderful about the series; it only makes sense, then, that Sakurai would like to really emphasize that game's importance. (And indeed, looking at the DOJO reveals that M3 will be getting a ton of love in Brawl.)

So basically, for those who are tempted to "tl;dr" (which, as an aside, is extremely immature and annoying; if you're going to post intelligently in a forum, you're expected to read a little--get over it): don't discount Claus just yet.

:bigthumbu

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's odd. I signed up for Starmen.net forums the other day and the admins haven't validated my account yet. =S
That sucks. What'd you think of what I have in mind.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Ouendation has asked me to explain why he's banned.

Apparently, Something started in AIM that he brought here. I would post exactly what happened, but it's kinda long. He'll be back in a week.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=128369&page=45 If you're curious about how it went here.

Like I said before, when Brawl comes out, I'll be back here, hopefully discussing this stuff in Claus' subforum. But until then, don't let the trolls get to you.

Every time someone says that I'm wrong because what I say makes them cry, an angel kills him or herself.

I've not seen anything to say that I'm wrong, only people saying I'm wrong because they want to see those characters in.

D

Deleted member

Every time someone says that I'm wrong because what I say makes them cry, an angel kills him or herself.

I've not seen anything to say that I'm wrong, only people saying I'm wrong because they want to see those characters in.
You're wrong about Claus being unlikely. About Ridley being unlikely. About Geno being unlikely. About Krystal being OUT. It doesn't make me cry, it just makes me realize that you don't know their chances. Like; how do you suspect 3 of the most obvious of characters won't get in?! Do you believe the 35 roster leak or something?!

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Ves isn't coming back, no. Even though Ouen's banned for a week, he can be here to lead it all for Brawl coming out.

While I'm here, I may as well just say, stop arguing with A Link to the Snitch. He's clearly getting his kicks out of watching you all squirm around freaking out just because he wants to come in and offer "proof" that Claus and Krystal aren't playable and that the roster is 35 characters and that there's no possibility in the world for anything else. The faster you stop arguing with him or even noting his existence, the faster he goes away.

Deku Boy

Smash Cadet

A Link to the Snitch, I'm not sure if you understand this, but while you seem to only be doing this to aggravate Foz, you're disrupting this entire topic. If you want to have your little troll assault on Claus, take it somewhere else, or I'm contacting the staff. You claim you want a discussion, and yet you ignore all of our responses and keep spouting about how we're morons and fanboys, and keep repeating your irrelevant "logic".

Foz, you need to accept that Claus, and all of the other characters you guys are squabbling about are by no means guaranteed, and that their chances aren't necessarily as high as you may want them to be.

Link, you need to accept that people support characters regardless of their likelihood, and that to break this topic up, you're going to have to a little better than pointing out "Claus isn't guaranteed." We don't care. We like Claus, and we're going to keep hoping for him until we have the game in our hands.

Wow, another person who prefers to keep his head in the clouds. I gave my opinion, Foz told me that I actually felt something I never had and never will feel, and I trolled Foz.

Why, exactly, should I treat "You're wrong because I said so!" as a legitimate argument?

Deku Boy

Smash Cadet
Ves isn't coming back, no. Even though Ouen's banned for a week, he can be here to lead it all for Brawl coming out.
If VesperView isn't coming back, then shouldn't we start planning a new topic? >.> No matter how you look at it, I think a respectable first post is necessary. No one can edit this one, so why don't we start considering how to set up a replacement topic?

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
If VesperView isn't coming back, then shouldn't we start planning a new topic? >.> No matter how you look at it, I think a respectable first post is necessary. No one can edit this one, so why don't we start considering how to set up a replacement topic?
I just can't stay away from here :p

Well, Ouen wanted to make a new thread, and I said I would type it all up if no one felt like doing that, but he said he would, and there were preparations all under way to get a new one up, then the video with Ness came out and all, and the question came up whether or not we should make another one. I'm still all for the idea, if for nothing more than to make the front page look nice again. But maybe we should wait and see if Claus is actually in, because really, what purpose does this topic serve if he isn't in, aside from a little fanclub?

D

Deleted member

Eh, a new thread would be too much of a hassle. Besides, the game is coming out in a few more days.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Well gang! It's official.

Jeff is an assist trophy. There are now no more MOTHER reps realistically standing in the way of Claus. This is pretty awesome.

Again, I still support a new thread, but.. it's getting a bit late in the game for one.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Mods can edit it, but..
They could open the "old" thread if needed. Then either a mod or I could update it.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Well gang! It's official.

Jeff is an assist trophy. There are now no more MOTHER reps realistically standing in the way of Claus. This is pretty awesome.

Again, I still support a new thread, but.. it's getting a bit late in the game for one.
Poo and his Sword of Kings still wishes to challenge Claus for dominance, but seeing as how his signature move has been stolen and then stolen again, it's doubtful he gets more than AT. I like the Jeff AT, he acts so funny. As for the new topic thing, I vote that when we see for sure if Claus is in or not, then we make another. In Claus' subforum. For now, let's just keep this one.

Claus would win in a fight with Poo anyway.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
It's on the 5th page of Iwata Asks. He sets up his Multi Bottle Rocket, bends over and puts his hands over his head and starts sweating, looking back to see if they've gone off yet. Even though he's like the only person that can use them to any effect in the game, it seems right that he would also be scared of them :p

Top Bottom