• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Colenstien

Smash Ace
All hail commander thethirdkoopa!

What next eh?............................................ How heavy should he be? I mean the Mecho armor has gotta bulk him up at least a little right?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
All hail commander thethirdkoopa!

What next eh?............................................ How heavy should he be? I mean the Mecho armor has gotta bulk him up at least a little right?
:D.

Hmm about his armor; I Guess 1.25-1.5 The size of Lucas (Which is adding a bit more wieght.) But will probably give him more strength then Lucas, Then again there movesets will be quite different so...

T-major

Smash Champion
Don't know if anyone wants to use it, but I've made a slightly smaller vertical version of the MMPMA banner.

Enjoy.
looks kickin'! I got my own though, so I'm good. yours is too big for me anyways. (thats what she said! OOHHHH!!)

I'd say about 1.5 times the weight of Lucas. the mechanical parts would add weight, but not too much, since they only cover a few parts of his body.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I see Claus as more of a Boss, defeating him could be similar to defeating him in the game, if you know how that happens... it could be implementing as a way of staying alive until you have what you need... since Mother 3 is japan only I don't think it needs that many reps.. (and if you going to say it could mean Mother 3 coming to us.. well Lucas is enough).

These are my opinions :cool:

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
I see Claus as more of a Boss, defeating him could be similar to defeating him in the game, if you know how that happens... it could be implementing as a way of staying alive until you have what you need... since Mother 3 is japan only I don't think it needs that many reps.. (and if you going to say it could mean Mother 3 coming to us.. well Lucas is enough).

Well, the Mother series is not Japanese only, and Claus is a good character.

Pokey should be the boss.

vesperview

Smash Hero
You know what, I'm not even going to bother arguing this, cause it's obvious that the last two times you've come here have only been to start a flame war with your so called "opinions" which are disguised "Let's start a flame war cause I'm an idiot who doesn't know ****" posts, I know you have no defenses in the Ness thread but really, stop proving how much of a ****** you are, tell you what, you go back to the stupid Ness thread to keep the hope "alive" for him, while we who are not stupid idiots like you argue about Mother characters that aren't completely redundant, ok?

Like I give a ****.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
But the Mother series is not Japanese only

Also, you have a very horrible opinion and you should keep horrible ideas to yourself
Yes.. I know the mother series is not japan only.. which is why I specifically said Mother 3... which is Japan Only.. as stated on the dojo from Lucas' update..

Horrible opinion? thats not very nice... Was that really necessary?

You know what, I'm not even going to bother arguing this, cause it's obvious that the last two times you've come here have only been to start a flame war with your so called "opinions" which are disguised "Let's start a flame war cause I'm an idiot who doesn't know ****" posts, I know you have no defenses in the Ness thread but really, stop proving how much of a ****** you are, tell you what, you go back to the stupid Ness thread to keep the hope "alive" for him, while we who are not stupid idiots like you argue about Mother characters that aren't completely redundant, ok?

Like I give a ****.
I didn't come into this thread to start a.. "flame war" >.> I came to share thoughts and opinions about a character that has yet to be confirmed which gives options to his inclusion... just because you enjoy insulting people, being immature does not me that I do. Claus is very interesting.. however I believe other franchises deserve more spots than the Mother 3 series... which is my opinion (I know you don't care about any ones opinion that isn't similar to yours).

So if you will.. please just try to be mature, and not insult so we can discuss Claus, and his possibilities.
:cool:

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Yes.. I know the mother series is not japan only.. which is why I specifically said Mother 3... which is Japan Only.. as stated on the dojo from Lucas' update..

Horrible opinion? thats not very nice... Was that really necessary?

I didn't come into this thread to start a.. "flame war" >.> I came to share thoughts and opinions about a character that has yet to be confirmed which gives options to his inclusion... just because you enjoy insulting people, being immature does not me that I do. Claus is very interesting.. however I believe other franchises deserve more spots than the Mother 3 series... which is my opinion (I know you don't care about any ones opinion that isn't similar to yours).

So if you will.. please just try to be mature, and not insult so we can discuss Claus, and his possibilities.
1) Mother 3 is not a series, MOTHER is...MOTHER is not Japanese only

2) Of all the Mother characters, especially on the poll, Claus is the most logical to accompany Lucas into Brawl...since it actually makes sense to put them together

3) Yes, it was necessary

vesperview

Smash Hero
You obviously came here because Claus is Ness's biggest threat, you don't want him to make it, he's every Ness hater's most wanted Mother character so you came here delivered a biased statement without any possible backup against him and proved how much of a stupid idiot you are as usual.

I won't be "mature" till you grow a brain and stop trolling my thread, I don't give a **** if you think Claus should be a boss, just GTFO here, this isn't the Ness thread, your stupid opinions are not appreciated here.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
1) Mother 3 is not a series, MOTHER is...MOTHER is not Japanese only

2) Of all the Mother characters, especially on the poll, Claus is the most logical to accompany Lucas into Brawl...since it actually makes sense to put them together

3) Yes, it was necessary
While you are right Mother 3 is part of the Mother franchise.. Mother 3 is a different game than the other Mother games, and does not follow a canon story line either.

While Claus is most logical, "I" still think 1 rep for Mother 3 is good enough.. these are my opinions so you can have yours and I will have mine... simple :)

and im sorry that you feel its necessary to say things like that, oh well. :cool:

You obviously came here because Claus is Ness's biggest threat, you don't want him to make it, he's every Ness hater's most wanted Mother character so you came here delivered a biased statement without any possible backup against him and proved how much of a stupid idiot you are as usual.

I won't be "mature" till you grow a brain and stop trolling my thread, I don't give a **** if you think Claus should be a boss, just GTFO here, this isn't the Ness thread, your stupid opinions are not appreciated here.
Why do you keep bringing Ness up? this is a Claus thread.. you made it you should know that... I am not discussing Ness here.. only Claus, and me wanting Claus as a boss has nothing to do with Ness, you are jumping to conclusions right there. I'm sorry you dislike my opinions... but they are mine and I accept your opinion on him being playable.. its sad that you insult me over a video game character. :cool:

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
While you are right Mother 3 is part of the Mother franchise.. Mother 3 is a different game than the other Mother games, and does not follow a canon story line either.

While Claus is most logical, "I" still think 1 rep for Mother 3 is good enough.. these are my opinions so you can have yours and I will have mine... simple :)

and im sorry that you feel its necessary to say things like that, oh well. :cool:

Why do you keep bringing Ness up? this is a Claus thread.. you made it you should know that... I am not discussing Ness here.. only Claus, and me wanting Claus as a boss has nothing to do with Ness, you are jumping to conclusions right there. I'm sorry you dislike my opinions... but they are mine and I accept your opinion on him being playable.. its sad that you insult me over a video game character. :cool:
If Mother doesn't fallow a storyline, then how come Giygas appears in 2 games and pokey appears in 2?

It OBVIOUSLY fallows a storyline...Your no fan of the MOTHER series, are you?

1 MOTHER rep is not enough, and the Mother series should have a character that Lucas deals with, since Lucas is already in the game

vesperview

Smash Hero
Who are you trying to fool?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
If Mother doesn't fallow a storyline, then how come Giygas appears in 2 games and pokey appears in 2?

It OBVIOUSLY fallows a storyline...Your no fan of the MOTHER series, are you?

1 MOTHER rep is not enough, and the Mother series should have a character that Lucas deals with, since Lucas is already in the game
Either way Mother 3 is a japan only game... and in brawl apparently the Earthbound franchise became Mother 3.

Who are you trying to fool?
If you are going to spam your own thread I'll just avoid your post, its kinda immature imo.

On Topic: Claus reminds me of a human version of metaknight almost, with the mask, and sword...

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Either way Mother 3 is a japan only game... and in brawl apparently the Earthbound franchise became Mother 3.

If you are going to spam your own thread I'll just avoid your post, its kinda immature imo.

On Topic: Claus reminds me of a human version of metaknight almost, with the mask, and sword...
So, do you have a point?

Mother needs more reps, they are apparently using MOTHER 3 stuff in Brawl.

Lucas is already a confirmed character. His eternal rival is more Claus than any other character in MOTHER.

Claus for Brawl

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
So, do you have a point?

Mother needs more reps, they are apparently using MOTHER 3 stuff in Brawl.

Lucas is already a confirmed character. His eternal rival is more Claus than any other character in MOTHER.

Claus for Brawl
Mother 3 needing more reps.. is actually more of an opinion than an actual need.. if franchises actually needed more reps.. I think the DK series needed Diddy back in melee..

There will be franchises that will only have 1 rep in brawl ( maybe F-Zero, Yoshi, maybe Wario)
So in my opinion Lucas is good enough as a rep for Mother 3.

yes im all for Claus in brawl.. he can be playable or boss.. I would prefer him as boss... but if he made it as playable that would be cool too.:cool:

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Mother 3 needing more reps.. is actually more of an opinion than an actual need.. if franchises actually needed more reps.. I think the DK series needed Diddy back in melee..

There will be franchises that will only have 1 rep in brawl ( maybe F-Zero, Yoshi, maybe Wario)
So in my opinion Lucas is good enough as a rep for Mother 3.

yes im all for Claus in brawl.. he can be playable or boss.. I would prefer him as boss... but if he made it as playable that would be cool too.:cool:
How can you actually prefer someone as a boss...

That is a really stupid thing to say

If the option to actually play as a character or fight them, you'd pick not to be able to play as them?

That's really stupid

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
How can you actually prefer someone as a boss...

That is a really stupid thing to say

If the option to actually play as a character or fight them, you'd pick not to be able to play as them?

That's really stupid
I'm sorry you feel that way... kinda a juvenile response... but still its your opinion..

I would rather play as other characters than Claus, as I'm sure you would rather play as Claus than another character..

You should see things from other peoples perspectives.. , and I already said if Claus made it as playable that would be cool... its not like im saying "Claus is lame so hes going to be boss"..
that would be biased.:cool:

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry you feel that way... kinda a juvenile response... but still its your opinion..

I would rather play as other characters than Claus, as I'm sure you would rather play as Claus than another character..

You should see things from other peoples perspectives.. , and I already said if Claus made it as playable that would be cool... its not like im saying "Claus is lame so hes going to be boss"..
that would be biased.:cool:
It's not juvenile, it's the truth.

Can't handle it, I really don't care but I'm not going to lie or sugar coat it

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'll just avoid your post..
Please, be my guest you're the master of avoiding posts you can't argue, I'm not spamming I'm asking a straight forward question that you didn't answer as usual, who the hell are you trying to fool? You seriously think it isn't blatantly obvious that you're here just to give us a hard time? Because all of us in the Ness thread have proved you wrong a thousand times+, Because you haven't even played any of the Mother games, yet pretend to counter every single fact we provide to you with stupid crap such as: "u juzt juMpin to conCluZionS zAkUrAi is tHA oNe wItH teH fInAL wOrD", Because you're stupid enough to think Ness has a high chance of returning, because you're the most hypocritical idiot that these boards have ever seen? please, don't make me laugh, you couldn't care less about this thread or Claus being in Brawl for that matter.

I would've loved to see you go into the Ridley thread and say he should be a boss, you're a master at trolling with your "opinions" and then shielding behind stupid statements about how no one has to agree with you, because "they're just your opinions", oldest excuse ever, suck it up, idiot.

DeuceBlade said:
I'm only giving my opinion on the matter, yet bash your character along with it.
Plus, you posted the same **** about how Claus should only be a boss two days ago, since no one minded your post, here you are at a second try, loser much?

Now, I don't really care what you reply to this, I'm not going to... what's your motto? Oh yeah, keep on feeding you.

If I may intervene...
I am a fan of Lucas, Ness, Claus and all things Earthbound/Mother. The possibility of seeing all three isn't a fat chance. In reality all three could make it, although if two were to make it I think Sakurai would do Japan a favor and stick in Claus over Ness, but I do think it is possible that all three could get in.
Now saying that Claus would and should come before Ness, I do disagree with Ness having lower chances then before. I still think Ness has better chances then first perceived. "Up until now..." the English language is probably one of the most difficult languages to learn because of how many definitions a single phrase can mean, hence the debate. So I won't get into that because it's a failing cause.
With all that said about Ness' probable chances, Claus and Ness for Brawl!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
It's not juvenile, it's the truth.

Can't handle it, I really don't care but I'm not going to lie or sugar coat it
I've already said I accept your opinion, its yours and it would be really biased of me to say you have a "wrong" opinion.

But I still would prefer him as boss, sorry if this offends you. :cool:

Yes, it can...If it opposes a truth
No it can't and Deuceblade has been using the wrong word.
Opinion = Stand point on a matter that does not have a known morality (Example, abortion)
The word that should have been used is taste
Taste = An aesthetic point of view based on feelings and or other natural factors
It's a taste. It really can't be wrong because that is his own individual view.
On the other hand a boss is a strong character is meant for fighting. That's what they do. Smash bros involves strong characters fighting each other. Claus is a strong character that fights. Therefore Claus for Brawl.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
UPDATE - PORKY THEME!!!!!!!!!!! PORKY CONFIRMED!

And metroid prime stage!

EDIT: Darn you, vesper =/

Oh, and I absolutely love "When Porky’s private army, the Pigmasks, appears, the song that often plays is this one! It’s one of the songs representative of Mother 3."

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
i think the song if going to be for the stage, or at least one of the songs you can choose on it via my music

Top Bottom