• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

vesperview

Smash Hero
I will with pleasure, its funny how blinded you are.:

Claus is just a tool for the real villain. Without him Claus would be a full corpse.

OMG! goomba appeared more times than Boswer! he must be playable.
*facepalm*

"I don't have a point so I'll compare Claus to a Goomba and make myself look even more stupid"

Hahaha!

That's like saying Kamek is not important to Yoshi's Island because well, he was not Baby Bowser, Kamek may as well be the main villain of Yoshi's Island and Claus may as well be the main villain of Mother 3, you're such an idiot!

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I will with pleasure, its funny how blinded you are.:

Claus is just a tool for the real villain. Without him Claus would be a full corpse.

OMG! goomba appeared more times than Boswer! he must be playable.
Oh yes the final boss is a tool for someone who gets defeated like how long before himself.

It's funny how stupid you are.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
haha stupid Claus fans, you're all the same. Just wish you're lucky enough to see Claus playable, if alt by anything.
Would you kindly leave the thread? We haven't done anything to you guys, but we get, what, like, a troll a day, now that thinks we're stupid? Besides, Claus DOES have the biggest chance to be in Brawl. We are not stupid in any way. We want to avoid all conflicts, so please just leave.

And I could say the same about all the hundreds of followings who want characters in, like, "haha stupid geno fans, haha stupid ashley fans, haha stupid ridley fans," etc. But I don't. I respect most of the other followings that support characters, because they haven't done anything to us. The ONLY ones I can't stand are R.I.D.L.E.Y.

I'll say this one more time. Please get out of this thread, trolls.

EDIT: Vesper, turn on your PMs for a bit.

T-major

Smash Champion
What am I supposed to argue? The fact that you don't even know that that doesn't take away any credit from him, since he's the final boss of the game, he's the one that gets in your way everytime when you're trying to get the seven needles? That he's the whole reason Lucas gets involved to begin with? That he's the villain that makes the most appearances, that Porky wouldn't do a thing without Claus? That you don't even know how to counter all of that because you haven't played the game? Please GTFO!
you owned him... but yeah, I reported him for trolling...

but lets get back on track. we don't need this thread to be full of conflict...

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I think Claus would be awsome, then we could have another Lucas VS Claus, without Hinawa interupting... XP

Mother 3 was awsome! =D

vesperview

Smash Hero
Would you kindly leave the thread? We haven't done anything to you guys, but we get, what, like, a troll a day, now that thinks we're stupid? Besides, Claus DOES have the biggest chance to be in Brawl. We are not stupid in any way. We want to avoid all conflicts, so please just leave.

And I could say the same about all the hundreds of followings who want characters in, like, "haha stupid geno fans, haha stupid ashley fans, haha stupid ridley fans," etc. But I don't. I respect most of the other followings that support characters, because they haven't done anything to us. The ONLY ones I can't stand are R.I.D.L.E.Y.

Done, I turned them on.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman

Eh you're right, sorry my intentions were not to troll but Vesper :mad: you really really are a piss off. I owe the rest of Claus fans an apology I shouldn't have generalized you all becuase of the dumb dog Vesper.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Eh you're right, sorry my intentions were not to troll but Vesper :mad: you really really are a piss off. I owe the rest of Claus fans an apology I shouldn't have generalized you all becuase of the dumb dog Vesper.
Yeah, disguised apologies always work don't they? You already proved your ignorance, there's no point in you being here any longer and to bash a character because I piss you off? You truly are an idiot.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, disguised apologies always work don't they? You already proved your ignorance, there's no point in you being here any longer and to bash a character because I piss you off? You truly are an idiot.
look punk! if you don't respect other people's opinions don't expect a reply of love and kindness, :mad: you're a jerk.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
You offended Vesper you offend me and every toher fan of Claus and because of this i no longer accept your apology.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't expecting a reply of love and kindness, I was just expecting a reply that would prove you didn't have a point with your first statement in this thread and I got it, so I succeed and you fail, sorry.
suceeded with what? :embarrass and I did have a point, based off yours. Is it true or not that the mother series is too small, and it may be overpopulating that game only. Then I provided (based of your detail) that Claus was just used by the real villain, that makes next important.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Is it true or not that the mother series is too small, and it may be overpopulating that game only.
Where does it say that small series can't get two representatives? and the "overpopulating" the game is just your opinion.

Then I provided (based of your detail) that Claus was just used by the real villain, that makes next important.
And this has value in what way? You can't use the game as an argument if you haven't played the game, plus, Claus is more important than Porky is to the plot, just like Kamek is more important to the Yoshi's Island plot than Baby Bowser, but of course you wouldn't know that would you?

You obviously don't have points other than whatever word of mouth you heard about the game, so I suggest you stop pretending to actually have good points and go back to discuss a character you actually have the slightest idea about.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
look punk! if you don't respect other people's opinions don't expect a reply of love and kindness, :mad: you're a jerk.
He DOES respect other people's opinions, but he doesn't respect trolls like you. NONE of us do. NONE of us are going to listen to you, none of us really like you, so why don't you just leave? The only thing you're doing at this point is wasting your own time.

T-major

Smash Champion
everybody, lets just stop this... Conflict just causes more conflict; and that conflict caused by conflict will cause more conflict... eventually, all the conflict caused by conflict that was caused by conflict caused conflict will destroy everything...

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
I disagree that Claus was the real villain but more of a weapon, though he was monumentally important in the end. Pokey was the start of it all and the reason everything happened, by bringing the army around and all, and I wouldn't doubt it if he had something to do with
the end of the world before Nowhere Island
. They're both important equally in different ways.

As far as the MOTHER series being too small, that's not up to you to decide.

EDIT: I was gonna say it back a few pages ago when parrot-something was arguing with Vesper, but... everybody needs to relax, seriously. I learned a day or so ago that arguing like this just makes everything more unpleasant and doesn't really.. accomplish anything. Nobody's opinion is changed, no new groundbreaking discoveries are made, no respect is gained. If anything, you have more to lose by perpetuating it, so just ignore whatever nuances whoever is spouting at you, it's reaaally not worth replying to.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I feel wonder-full right now (as in wondering), I wonder what his fate will be like.

BTW I know you don't like me at all Vesper but I have to give you props, nice detailed thread.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
*ganks a Claus banner*

Yeah I just finished Mother 3 the other day. I think Claus would make an awesome unique addition to the roster. Especially alongside his brother Lucas.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
@Ves, Wow that troll was annoying, Sorry i wasn't here...I Was at a party :p (So i was being a bit inactive.)

Anyhow about mother's signifigance: To nintendo it's quite important seeing how it helped start Pokemon and had a huge cult-cut hype, Also it should be noted that sakurai tends to like it, It might only have three games but Starfox had two (Well there's were all released worldwide...) But being from Smash 64 and with all that in mind it highly deserves a second rep, There's still a chance of it not happening but it's a small one.

And no claus isn't a shoo-in, He however has a good chance at getting playable status.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
If Claus ends up not being playable i'll be happy with him being an assist trophy though i really want him in.

T-major

Smash Champion
He's too much of a spoiler to just be an assist trophy or that's what I think at least.
that might have something to do with it; but really, I see it as more of a case of wasted potential. Claus has originality coming out the wazoo! it would be a waste not to make him playable, and I'm sure Sakurai knows that.

really, the way I see it, is that one of Claus' biggest Pros is that is has no Cons:

he's a requested character (same amount as Lucas), he's original, he has a major purpose in MOTHER3, he would give the MOTHER series it's much deserved second rep, maybe even influence MOTHER to come to the states (:D)

now whats there against him?...

"JApan omly!? OMGZ!!1 NONONO LULUZ! i only want carecturs iv herd off!!"

"mother SUXZ!! its a fact that it suxz!! your in denial if you dont think it SUXZ!! LOLOLOL!!1!"

.... see? nothing...

also, I'm going to be working on an official King Dedede move discusiion thread, so I'll be inactive here for a while.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
that might have something to do with it; but really, I see it as more of a case of wasted potential. Claus has originality coming out the wazoo! it would be a waste not to make him playable, and I'm sure Sakurai knows that.

really, the way I see it, is that one of Claus' biggest Pros is that is has no Cons:

he's a requested character (same amount as Lucas), he's original, he has a major purpose in MOTHER3, he would give the MOTHER series it's much deserved second rep, maybe even influence MOTHER to come to the states (:D)

now whats there against him?...

"JApan omly!? OMGZ!!1 NONONO LULUZ! i only want carecturs iv herd off!!"

"mother SUXZ!! its a fact that it suxz!! your in denial if you dont think it SUXZ!! LOLOLOL!!1!"

.... see? nothing...
Claus is unique? I don't know much about the character but from what I see is a sword and buster cannon. Two weapons that are already in this game. Sure he could have an original moveset but I would exactly call him unique. And being a Japan only character does effect his chances because Sakurai did say that he didn't want too many Japan only characters.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Claus would make for an interesting boss, if you know how he dies in Mother 3.. it could happen in Brawl the same way.
Says the idiot who supports Ness without having played his game and didn't know about Mother 3 until Lucas was revealed on the Dojo, I still don't understand how an ignorant loser like you, with zero knowledge of anything Mother related, advocates so much for Ness, stop wasting your time here and go support or troll a character from a game you've actually played, you're just making yourself look like an idiot, really!

As for this thread, just don't reply to DeuceBlade, he's one of those trolls that says things in between lines so it doesn't seem like his trolling, then reaches for an argument by playing victim, he's just mad cause Claus has more chance than Ness and the fact that he is thoroughly pwned in the Ness thread every day of the week for not knowing a thing about him to begin with, loser, it would be so much better if you just flamed straight up rather than to pretend to be such a ******, now GTFO!

Claus is unique? I don't know much about the character but from what I see is a sword and buster cannon. Two weapons that are already in this game. Sure he could have an original moveset but I would exactly call him unique. And being a Japan only character does effect his chances because Sakurai did say that he didn't want too many Japan only characters.
Just because he has a sword and an arm cannon, doesn't mean he will be in any way similar to Samus or any sword user, don't generalize and Sakurai said the Japan only thing followed by a statement that said he would consider it due to the success of Fire Emblem and Claus would be more unique in terms of Mother representatives than another striped shirt psychic boy.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Says the idiot who supports Ness without having played his game and didn't know about Mother 3 until Lucas was revealed on the Dojo, I still don't understand how an ignorant loser like you, with zero knowledge of anything Mother related, advocates so much for Ness, stop wasting your time here and go support or troll a character from a game you've actually played, you're just making yourself look like an idiot, really!

As for this thread, just don't reply to DeuceBlade, he's one of those trolls that says things in between lines so it doesn't seem like his trolling, then reaches for an argument by playing victim, he's just mad cause Claus has more chance than Ness and the fact that he is thoroughly pwned in the Ness thread every day of the week for not knowing a thing about him to begin with, loser, it would be so much better if you just flamed straight up rather than to pretend to be such a ******, now GTFO!

Just because he has a sword and an arm cannon, doesn't mean he will be in any way similar to Samus or any sword user, don't generalize and Sakurai said the Japan only thing followed by a statement that said he would consider it due to the success of Fire Emblem and Claus would be more unique in terms of Mother representatives than another striped shirt psychic boy.
lol and QFT!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i heard that super smash bros brawl was going to "spoil" mother 3... i don't think lucas or new pork city are really spoilers however claus would be so i'd say he's highly likely.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Hopefully he'll get an update soon and Sakurai better not screw us over like the way he did with other characters. Claus has way too much potential to go to waste.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Clause is unique and i'm pretty sure himself and Lucas will be the only reps that were from a japan only game..and they may be the only reps for Mother.

Top Bottom