• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
A maskless costume wold be fine in the Subspace Emissary. Especially if the storyline is something like I mentioned.

T-major

Smash Champion
Mask-less could work, like in the final battle, other than that, there are really not other options.
yeah Mask-less Claus is a must for an Alt, with all his Helmet haired glory. and there really aren't any other ones that he could have... well, I suppose if Lucas has a Claus alt, Claus could have a Lucas alt? Mask-less Claus, but with blond hair?... I don't know...

What about with his stripey t-shirt? Call it classic Claus. Before he died.
thats what we thought the Claus swap for Lucas would be. they're twins, so a palette swap is literally all you would need to do...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
thats what we thought the Claus swap for Lucas would be. they're twins, so a palette swap is literally all you would need to do...
Don't forget a hair swap. Best of all, they won't have to get a different seiyuu.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
What if Claus was the same as Lucas? That would suck.
What would you prefer: Claus not being in or if he was in as a clone?
Just wondering.

vesperview

Smash Hero
What if Claus was the same as Lucas? That would suck.
What would you prefer: Claus not being in or if he was in as a clone?
Just wondering.
If Claus was to be a clone, then I would prefer Ness, but you have to take into consideration that before Claus was the Masked Man, he and Lucas didn't have PSI, so it doesn't make sense for him to be a clone in that way, so I already dismissed that possibility.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
He got it right before he fought Drago. It's possible.
PS: When I hear 'Claus fought Drago' I think of the Russian boxer from Rocky 5. Random.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Claus was to be a clone, then I would prefer Ness, but you have to take into consideration that before Claus was the Masked Man, he and Lucas didn't have PSI, so it doesn't make sense for him to be a clone in that way, so I already dismissed that possibility.
Remember, with the MOTHER series, Sakurai doesn't pay attention to that. Although, Claus learned PSI prior to being cyberized but you never play as him with them.

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
There needs to be both a Claus recolor and the Masked Man character.
Claus before his death couldn't have any of the abilities he has as Masked Man. But he looks similar enough to Lucas to be a palette swap. However, Masked Man has his own appearance. I think we've seen from the Color Changes update that no character is going to have any costumes other than actual recolors. Masked Man wouldn't have a helmetless variant, because that would make him too special.
There's a good 85% chance that one of Lucas' recolors is gonna be a Claus set. That just leaves the hopes that The Masked Man will be his own character. Then you can have past Claus vs. future Claus!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, Sakurai really doesn't care about that stuff, he would truly be an idiot if he did that though.
Yeah, although, I think he had a brain fart with Lucas' special moves. You can't say it's impossible that Lucas could've had a moveset consisting of moves belonging to him.

Deception

Smash Ace
Hey, if Claus is in the game, would you be okay with the announcer calling him the Masked Man? I'm pretty sure he will be called Claus, but Sakurai could change the name so he can't spoil people who have never heard of Mother 3.

Machete

Smash Ace
Hi, people.

I support Claus (in his Masked Boy outfit, of course) for Brawl, I think he's the perfect second Mother rep and I'm glad to see more Mother 3 fans here that support him also.

As many of you, I think that one of Lucas' recolors should be the young Claus one. Although I think that, if Claus is playable, we won't see a maskless costume, sadly.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Hi, people.

I support Claus (in his Masked Boy outfit, of course) for Brawl, I think he's the perfect second Mother rep and I'm glad to see more Mother 3 fans here that support him also.

As many of you, I think that one of Lucas' recolors should be the young Claus one. Although I think that, if Claus is playable, we won't see a maskless costume, sadly.
And maybe it will be the other way around. With no helmet / mask at all.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Hi, people.

Claus looks exactly the same as the young boy form, so he'd be the Masked Boy if he was playable and Lucas would take his young boy costume which basically would change his hair color and clothes colors.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I just hope Sakurai answers us by placing Claus in.
In a way he wouldn't be "Answering us" But i'm sure he's probably in, I'd myself personally give him an 80-85% Chance with the other 15 Being that mother doesen't get a second rep, But with all the franchise has going for it...Also with claus's four journal entries and one with sakurai saying he finds him very interesting (Something along the lines of this.) And anentry were he says that he plans on putting a lot of mother 3 Things in brawl, Oh i forgot to add his high poll results...So i'm sure sakurai has noted the character and highly seems interested in him so that's not a problem...

So what's the current discussion on claus? BTW Vesper you've done a good job at that banner thing your making ;).

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Very good job so far on that graphic vesper.

Claus for Brawl! (And yes, if Ness is getting removed, lets go ahead and place him in)

Top Bottom