• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Hey, the moveset looks great! I have a better suggestion for a down+B though. I think it should probably be those pig bombs that he uses to attempt to destroy the time vines...? Maybe he could toss one similar to Snake's grenade throws.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This club is Ouendan's, Thoraxe's and mine, if you don't remember posting that just click away, now or you fully support Claus or you're not considered a member, specially if you want Ness over him ok?
Wait, are saying we can only support Claus and no one else?

hyruleboy

Smash Apprentice
I want Claus, know Ness isn't in, and even though he's not in, I'd like Jeff/Duster.
Can I join this 'club'?

T-major

Smash Champion

What I mean by the question is would it be out for the the entire game or would a button trigger the cannon to appear? Also if this was the case could it change things like his throws and other moves.
oh. well, I would think that it would be out at all times, since thats how it is in the games (until the end anyways). it would make throwing and holding items more conventional... but really, wheres the fun in that? :laugh:

Hey, the moveset looks great! I have a better suggestion for a down+B though. I think it should probably be those pig bombs that he uses to attempt to destroy the time vines...? Maybe he could toss one similar to Snake's grenade throws.
personally, I like the Pig bomb idea (it's in the move set I made). however, the shield killer is apparently one of his signature moves, so it makes sense that he would have that... hmm...

maybe, they could make his Shield Killer a Smash attack? make it slow and laggy, but able to stun people and break shields... it would add a new concept; smash attacks that are also special moves... kind of like how some of Snake's smash attacks are projectiles.

Wait, are saying we can only support Claus and no one else?
no, it means Claus has to be your most wanted MOTHER franchise character... right? I hope so... D:

hyruleboy

Smash Apprentice
I want Claus, know Ness isn't in, and even though he's not in, I'd like Jeff/Duster.
Can I join this 'club'?

hyruleboy

Smash Apprentice
Can I join this 'club'?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Question: How many times does Claus (as the Masked Man) appear at different times in Mother 3?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Urgh, sorry I haven't posted in a while, guys. I can't use the internet at my house. I was supposed to get Comcast high speed monday,and we did, but only my brother could use it and there was nothing I could use. It took until Thursday for my dad to get the router hooked up to my room so I could use it. Well, my brother couldn't go online for some reason, and he went insane and started throwing things, etc and pulled the router and modem out of the wall, and he's extremely explosive, so none of us can [ask him to] put it back in without risking him getting mad again.

So, I'm basically saying I might not be able to post for quite a while until this is resolved :( (I'm posting from my library which is sort of far away)

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I think it makes sense for Lucas's subspace story to involve Pokey controlling Claus and you unlock him after you first fight Claus. I mean, it wouldn't make sense for them to put in New Pork City unless they were going to include the whole story.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It would be better if the Ancient Minister was controlling him.
Here's an idea I've put up before.

Claus, Lucas, and Kumatora are having a good time with the Magypsies. However, one of the Magypsies comes in and says that a large army of purple things are all over Nowhere Island. They send the three to take care of the problem. They eventually meet up with Pokey Minch. The fight results in Claus(who isn't playable) falling off a cliff after a freak accident where Lucas knocks Claus off the cliff.

Lucas and KT go down the cliff to see if Claus is still alive. By the time they get where he fell to, he's not there.

<scenes missing>

Lucas encounters the Ancient Minister and the Minister sends a cybernetic Claus to get rid of Lucas. *The following is all cinematmics.*

Claus tries to kill Lucas but a woman's ghost constantly interferes by trying to stop Claus from fighting. In the end, Claus prepares to use a Thunder Strike on Lucas but his Franklin Badge reflects the attack and Claus becomes unconscious. When he's unconscious, a strange purple thing leaves Claus' body and Claus awakens.

<Insert rest of Subspace Emissary storyline.>

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
Whoever made this thread is an idiot. Like seriously. Major spoilers you say.... But you reveal that Claus is the masked man right before you say spoilers. Way to go. Might want to change that sweetheart.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Whoever made this thread is an idiot. Like seriously. Major spoilers you say.... But you reveal that Claus is the masked man right before you say spoilers. Way to go. Might want to change that sweetheart.
Everyone in these boards knows that Claus is the Masked Man you idiot and I won't change the title because some stupid n00bs don't even know who he is.

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
Uhm well what abou tpeople who aren't on this board dumb ***. If you don't care why put the spoil tag? I'm just making sure you don't ruin it for other people. The reason why they know he's the masked man is probably because you spoiled it.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Uhm well what abou tpeople who aren't on this board dumb ***. If you don't care why put the spoil tag? I'm just making sure you don't ruin it for other people. The reason why they know he's the masked man is probably because you spoiled it.
Because if you read the first post I go very into detail on the plot which is a MAJOR spoiler, seriously, you're not proving anything, stop being an idiot, most people carry the Claus icon in their signature which is enough spoiler as it is, the spoiler tag is not to hide his identity because that is common knowledge at this point.

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
Fine if its ok the spoil Mother 3 story line then i'll just have to do spoil the story. THE WORLDS BLOWS UP AT THE END. LUCAS'S MOM DIES AT THE BEGINNING. END.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Hi, there! I'm not a regular here (obviously...>_>), but I've recently started playing Mother 3, and was overwhelmed by how incredibly GOOD it is. Because of this, Claus has become my second most-wanted character for Brawl. (only behind Geno)

I came to wish this thread well. I'll be posting here a whole lot more after I beat Mother 3.

*poofs off in a puff of smoke*

Oh, and MAGYPSIES FOR AT/SE PLOT DEVICE! :D

Top Bottom