• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

vesperview

Smash Hero
So I'm new to the whole Claus idea. Without fanboy/girl bias, what are his realistic chances of joining Brawl?
Well, he was mentioned as much times in the poll as Lucas, not to mention that Lucas stole moves from Duster and Kumatora, which only leaves Claus as the most likely second rep from Mother 3, I'm confident, but not to the point that I would call him a given.

T-major

Smash Champion
Really, any idea of a cheat for wall walking?
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, Start. :lick:

and I'm in the same boat as Vesper. I think he has a fairly high chance, but not high enough for me to consider him a "shoe-in"

if he didn't get in, I would be more surprised at the fact that they would waste such a possible original character... D:

True Fool

Smash Ace
So I'm new to the whole Claus idea. Without fanboy/girl bias, what are his realistic chances of joining Brawl?
His chances are only up thanks to Lucas. He would be the most likely Mother character now, being an antagonist to our new Mother character helps him out a lot.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
If Claus is in he'd have PK Love as his Final Smash, also is Claus pronounced Claws or some other way?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure that would be spelt Clause, i pronounce it like Santa Claus :p...without Santa...obviously.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
The Doctor has returned!
Now for some question answering
His chances are only up thanks to Lucas. He would be the most likely Mother character now, being an antagonist to our new Mother character helps him out a lot.
Yes Lucas being in helps his chances but there are alot more reasons than that.

I'd love to join the pig mask army!
Just add the banner to your sig.

If Claus is in he'd have PK Love as his Final Smash, also is Claus pronounced Claws or some other way?
I pronounce it Clouse (Like blouse) but I think it might be Claus as in the bearded guy with the reindeer...... what's the name, oh yes Santino Claus, and his main reindeer Eduardo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It figured it was Claus, as in SANTA CLAUS...

because, that's how it's spelled

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
if it where Claus as in Santa Claus, itd be spelt Clause...

Claus is an actual name....pronounced Klaos...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I know but Im saying....clause is a word (I forget the actual definition but if memory serves me right its kinda like a rule or w/e) and Claus (as in Claws) is Santa's surname...

but yea I know a guy named Claus (pronounced...like klaos/blouse/w.e)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think the katakana is written as Kurausu so it's definitely Blouse with a C.

T-major

Smash Champion
It figured it was Claus, as in SANTA CLAUS...

because, that's how it's spelled
same here. Thats how I've always heard it said. it sounds weird any other way.

by the way, Microsoft Sam says it like "Claws"...

and Colenstien, what do you mean by "Like Mario's FLUDD"? like, do no damage, but have great knock back? because I would say "NO!" to that idea... or do you mean chargeable, and able to change the angle? because I like that idea... as long as it does damage...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
you can add your own signature by going to the User CP at the top of the page and look for something about a signature....

Colenstien

Smash Ace
and Colenstien, what do you mean by "Like Mario's FLUDD"? like, do no damage, but have great knock back? because I would say "NO!" to that idea... or do you mean chargeable, and able to change the angle? because I like that idea... as long as it does damage...

What I mean by the question is would it be out for the the entire game or would a button trigger the cannon to appear? Also if this was the case could it change things like his throws and other moves.

Edit: Fighting is not the answer guys! Slandering them behind their back is. But no I don't want to get into this so can we E-kiss and make up?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that if Claus gets in playable ,which we all very much want, Lucas will get his normal boy form as an alt costume.

Top Bottom