• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Stryks

Smash Hero
Gotta ask, Ive seen alot of "The masked man's pig army", is that the name of this here club or what??

Im doin something brawl room clubs related :p

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
Okay, haven't beat Mother 3 yet, but I'm far enough in to know enough to know that the Masked Man would be completely awesome for Brawl (As to hint where I am, Miracle Yokuba is a *****. >_<)

Anyway, I'm interested in joining the MMPMA. Is there anything I have to do/prove? :D

New Pork City Game Store Sewers, eh? Just constantly fight the Metal Roaches with the putrid Trash Can Monsters to level up a lot. Somewhere above Level 62, because that's Miracle Yokuba's level. I leveled my party to 68-69, and destroyed Miracle Yokuba

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Kinda. I did feel the battle dragged a bit more than it should've, and I did heal a lot, and had to try it several times, but in the end, I triumphed.
I followed y'alls advice and leveled up to 55, and managed to completely blow past him. I just put up shields, used Defense Down, and just tore into him with Thunder Gamma and combos.

I've noticed that Mother 3 puts a lot more emphasis on defensive PSI. I don't think I ever used PSI Shield in Earthbound, but here it's essential. Same goes for buff/debuff PSI.

I'm still having a hard time believing that
Yokuba was the 7th magypsy. O_O It really did catch me off-guard.

Anyway, on to Claus. I think one of his taunts should be that sword swing he does right before he uses a thunder attack. And they definitely have to include an attack where he lunges forward with that evil glint in his eye.

I kind of find it a bit suspicious that they made Lucas's FS Starstorm when his signature move is PK Love. It's not even in his moveset...Well, it kind of kills Kumatora's chances but makes things a whole lot better for Claus. Also, having both Lucas and Claus in the game would make for some extremely awesome SE scenes...:D

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I kind of find it a bit suspicious that they made Lucas's FS Starstorm when his signature move is PK Love. It's not even in his moveset...Well, it kind of kills Kumatora's chances but makes things a whole lot better for Claus. Also, having both Lucas and Claus in the game would make for some extremely awesome SE scenes...:D
I think they gave Lucas PK Starstorm for a few reasons:

1. They wanted to give Lucas new stuff but be a succeeding Ness at the same time. Therefore, they gave him PK Freeze and Starstorm but kept Fire, Magnet, and Thunder.

2. Claus will have PK Love and they didn't want two characters to have the same Final Smash.

As for KT, she can always be to Lucas as Falco is to Fox.

Lucas and Claus would definitely have some great scenes. Look at the Subspace storyline idea I have for them.

Claus, Lucas, and Kumatora are having a good time with the Magypsies. However, one of the Magypsies comes in and says that a large army of purple things are all over Nowhere Island. They send the three to take care of the problem. They eventually meet up with Pokey Minch. The fight results in Claus(who isn't playable) falling off a cliff after a freak accident where Lucas knocks Claus off the cliff.

Lucas and KT go down the cliff to see if Claus is still alive. By the time they get where he fell to, he's not there.

<scene missing.>

Lucas encounters the Ancient Minister and the Minister sends a cybernetic Claus to get rid of Lucas. *The following is all cinematmics.*

Claus tries to kill Lucas but a woman's ghost constantly interferes by trying to stop Claus from fighting. In the end, Claus prepares to use a Thunder Strike on Lucas but his Franklin Badge reflects the attack and Claus becomes unconscious. When he's unconscious, a strange purple thing leaves Claus' body and Claus awakens, finally regaining control over himself and apologizes to Lucas. They then go on to defeat the Ancient Minister.

<Scene missing.>

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
*bump* unrelated, but could someone make a SmashWiki page for me? I can't log in >_>

(If anyone is willing to, PM me and I'll tell you what to put)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You fight as regular kid Claus and then you transform into Masked Man when you do Down B.
That would be stupid.

You know what would be a neat move, a charged dash attack. I'm surprised this wasn't considered for Lucas.

NK Cyborg

Smash Cadet
Why would he transform at all?
When Lucas got in, I thought that if Claus got in by himself instead of being together with Lucas like the Ice Climbers, he could start the match as just Claus. Press v+B and he'll transform into the Masked Man, similar to how Zelda transformed into Sheik and back in Melee. That's what I figured, though. Course, it's Sakurai's game and he could do whatever he wants to Claus and give him whatever moveset, if he wanted to put him in the game. Dress him up like a Flying Man if he wanted to.

vesperview

Smash Hero
When Lucas got in, I thought that if Claus got in by himself instead of being together with Lucas like the Ice Climbers, he could start the match as just Claus. Press v+B and he'll transform into the Masked Man, similar to how Zelda transformed into Sheik and back in Melee. That's what I figured, though. Course, it's Sakurai's game and he could do whatever he wants to Claus and give him whatever moveset, if he wanted to put him in the game. Dress him up like a Flying Man if he wanted to.
Sorry but both ideas would suck, they are not the same characters to be Ice Climber type, nor does Claus randomly become the Masked Man for him to have it as a mere transformation.

Boofer

Smash Ace
ahh...Claus seems like he would make a cool character. I have never played an Earthbound/Mother game, but reading his description and looking at that badass icon makes me want him in. Ha, maybe I'll replace somebody in my sig with Claus.

vesperview

Smash Hero
ahh...Claus seems like he would make a cool character. I have never played an Earthbound/Mother game, but reading his description and looking at that badass icon makes me want him in. Ha, maybe I'll replace somebody in my sig with Claus.
Not that is any of my business but you can still fit two more characters in your sig, so no need to replace anyone.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Not that is any of my business but you can still fit two more characters in your sig, so no need to replace anyone.
Yeah, but only if I make all of the icons into one image, right? If so, I don't feel like going through the trouble.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Hey ves ;) Some idiot just posted an anti claus thread and i just ownt all the facts he said (As me being one of the biggest claus supporters i now with a couple of others alongside.) So whats the current chat about claus :p?
That anti Claus thread sucks! Actually there isn't much left to be discussed here unless he gets confirmed, sad but true, maybe other places that Claus could have as a stage, besides New Pork City.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
That anti Claus thread sucks! Actually there isn't much left to be discussed here unless he gets confirmed, sad but true, maybe other places that Claus could have as a stage, besides New Pork City.
True dat ;).
Hmmm ves well i'm not sure what to talk about really, It's quite obvious that if he's included in that he will be an unlockable as we all now...Depending on how big the starting line-up for COROCORO Will depend claus's fate, If there are AT LEAST 24 Characters (Which is a stretch from the 20 we have.) Then i can safely say that we will get 13-15 unlockables for a non-stretch, With the rest of claus's competition gone and a lot of good reps for other series out of here then i can safely say that claus will have quite a good boost :chuckle:.

Oh yeah and i convinced Wiseguy to put claus on his list :p.

Also assuming there is a second stage (BESIDES PAST ONES, I HOPE THOSE ALL RETURN TO WITHOUT NESS :p XD.) What should it be? I Can't think of a good one..

vesperview

Smash Hero
True dat ;).
Hmmm ves well i'm not sure what to talk about really, It's quite obvious that if he's included in that he will be an unlockable as we all now...Depending on how big the starting line-up for COROCORO Will depend claus's fate, If there are AT LEAST 24 Characters (Which is a stretch from the 20 we have.) Then i can safely say that we will get 13-15 unlockables for a non-stretch, With the rest of claus's competition gone and a lot of good reps for other series out of here then i can safely say that claus will have quite a good boost :chuckle:.

Oh yeah and i convinced Wiseguy to put claus on his list :p.

Also assuming there is a second stage (BESIDES PAST ONES, I HOPE THOSE ALL RETURN TO WITHOUT NESS :p XD.) What should it be? I Can't think of a good one..
I'd love to see the Thunder Tower as a stage, plus, I don't know what is it with people saying that Mother doesn't deserve that much representation, when it got two stages in Melee, Fourside was terrible IMO, two characters, one stage, I would me happy, as for another stage besides Thunder Tower, as PrettyGoodYear said, one of the places with the Needles, maybe at the end of chapter 7.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'd love to see the Thunder Tower as a stage, plus, I don't what is it with people saying that Mother doesn't deserve that much representation, when it got two stages in Melee, Fourside was terrible IMO, two characters, one stage, I would me happy, as for another stage besides Thunder Tower, as PrettyGoodYear said, one of the places with the Needles, maybe at the end of chapter 7.
Thunder Tower would be awsome ;).
I Personally want the two back, New pork city, Another one, Claus in and Lucas (Duh?) But just a stage Lucas and Claus would applease me well :laugh: (With falco WWLink and geno of course, But claus will do.) However it seems like they will be bringing back most past stages...I'd say it personally deserves the two brought back and two new ones with lucas and claus.

I Seriously have to agree through about the people who say mother doesen't deserve two reps :psycho:, Well let's just hope our claus is in...

Top Bottom