• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
If Lucas and Claus are both in the game, then hopefully they'll do for Mother what Marth and Roy did for Fire Emblem.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think we need Masked Man's picture, and not just sprite, in the first post....People are assuming he's just a red haired Lucas

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Jesus christ, people. His name is NOT ROBO CLAUS. It's MASKED MAN.

Sorry, Claus is my favorite character, and it pisses me off when people don't even know correct info about people, but start making threads with incorrect info -_-

And why is my Porky thread like the ONLY MOTHER one that nobody posts in?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Even though I have pointed out that Ness is not necessarily out.

I support Claus over him any day. There is absolutely no doubt about that. If Ness being out means that Claus is in, then I say away with the old, and in with the new. :laugh:

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Jesus christ, people. His name is NOT ROBO CLAUS. It's MASKED MAN.

Sorry, Claus is my favorite character, and it pisses me off when people don't even know correct info about people, but start making threads with incorrect info -_-

And why is my Porky thread like the ONLY MOTHER one that nobody posts in?
but....he is technically a half human- half robot!!.................right?

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
What is that arm cannon thing? Please tell me it'd be different than Samus/Megaman...
From the 1st post

B: Energy Beam- He shoots out a beam from his arm cannon that makes people flinch. similar to Samus' cannon, but shoots a beam (like Falco's laser) instead of a ball.

it can be charged; doing so will make the beam longer and cause multiple hits, as well as the ability to pass through opponents and hit people that might be behind them.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
From the 1st post

B: Energy Beam- He shoots out a beam from his arm cannon that makes people flinch. similar to Samus' cannon, but shoots a beam (like Falco's laser) instead of a ball.

it can be charged; doing so will make the beam longer and cause multiple hits, as well as the ability to pass through opponents and hit people that might be behind them.
So, no it isn't different?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
but....he is technically a half human- half robot!!.................right?
But Masked Man is his direct translation from the game! God... It says it whenever he's talking/targeted. -_-

In japanese, the EXACT text ingame is "Kamen no Otoko" (translated myself :3). Kamen means Masked, I think No means of (doesn't make sense. It might have another meaning, but the japanese are weird like that XD), and Otoko means Man. so Mask of Man = Masked Man.

Visual proof for nubs.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
So I think Claus' chances has risen greatly with the semi-deconfirmation of ness on last nights update. I think claus now steps in two the number 2 spot for mother characters. Sakuri has been showing that hes moving on to mother 3. Cluas would be the perfect smash brother with his beam sword,gun etc.... and sakuri probly has seen this. Hes also on sakuri polls and greatly wanted by japan. Now dont get me wrong I think sakuri will keep claus a secret and make him an ultra secret unlockable character.... so dont expect to find out whether hes in the game or not till its out...... (Or he will be revealed in a few days on the dojo then in that case whoops my bad)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But Masked Man is his direct translation from the game! God... It says it whenever he's talking/targeted. -_-

In japanese, the EXACT text ingame is "Kamen no Otoko" (translated myself :3). Kamen means Masked, I think No means of (doesn't make sense. It might have another meaning, but the japanese are weird like that XD), and Otoko means Man. so Mask of Man = Masked Man.

Visual proof for nubs.
Actually it's Man of Mask translated right

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Same here but I want more MOTHER characters. I mean, wouldn't it be kinda weak to represent the series solely with two twin psychic boys? You could give me the Mario Bros. argument, but, supposedly, Bowser and Peach were going to be in SSB.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well Lucas pretty much stoled the other characters's moves, so that only leaves Claus and Flint to be playable.
Why Flint? Besides, Duster and Kumatora aren't down for the count. Duster still has his other thief items and Kumatora has PK Ground (which a number thought Lucas would have), Brainshock, Paralysis, and Hypnosis.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uh, are you ********? It makes a lot of sense.
Sheik is a different persona of Zelda. Masked Man is a different persona of Claus. It's the same thing.
Claus can't transform...he's only called that because not even he knows he is Claus

It's not really a persona and more of a title

He's basically just Cyborg Claus

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Claus can't transform...he's only called that because not even he knows he is Claus

It's not really a persona and more of a title

He's basically just Cyborg Claus
Uh. Yeah, he can transform.
He takes off his helmet at the end of the game, loses his Buster, and sword
His BUSTER is attached to his arm before said stuff, so it is a transformation. Why not just call Samus Zero Suit Samus? She's basically just Cyborg ZSS.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uh. Yeah, he can transform.
He takes off his helmet at the end of the game, loses his Buster, and sword
His BUSTER is attached to his arm before said stuff, so it is a transformation. Why not just call Zero Suit Samus Samus?
Zamus - Samus...just trying to differentiate between the two in game (Smash)

that's the only time she's called Zero Suit Samus

Claus isn't hiding his identity, and it's not a different persona...He doesn't know who he is...

Shiek knows she is really Zelda and is purposely concealing her identity

Taking off some helmet and stuff...how the hell is that a transformation?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Zamus - Samus...just trying to differentiate between the two in game (Smash)

that's the only time she's called Zero Suit Samus

Claus isn't hiding his identity, and it's not a different persona...He doesn't know who he is...

Shiek knows she is really Zelda and is purposely concealing her identity

Taking off some helmet and stuff...how the hell is that a transformation?
Zelda putting different clothes on qualifies as a transformation.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really played the Mother games, but Claus seems like a cool character, I'd definitely play as him.

A better pic of him as the masked man would definitely be nice though. I thought he was just a lucas recolor for a bit and wasn't too keen on the idea. :p

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Why would Claus transform? That would take away his badassness. Honestly, why would anyone want Flint over Claus? Claus is just soooooooo much better.

Honestly, I see either Lucas solo or Lucas and Claus. No other Mother characters make sense. I am praying for Claus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom