• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official chess thread: Live chess tournament 1 signups now open

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
The New Correspondence chess and Live chess thread: Live chess tournament 1 starting

2nd post for additional stuff/brackets eventually

4. How to enter

You are required to have a chess.com Username and a stable internet connection. You are also required to be able to reasonably set up a math whether it be on smashboards, chess.com, or some AIM like function.

Sign up like this: you are not required and not completely recommended unless you can seriously play a lot of games to join multiple sections. Join what you personally like.

Smashboards username

Chess.com username

Bracket(s) entering

Current chess.com Bullet rating (N/a if you haven't played, only if you are entering bullet). If you haven't played a round, try it to get used to it

Current chess.com blitz rating (See above). If you haven't played a round, try it to get used to it

Current Chess.com standard rating: (if you are entering either the standard or long games, see above otherwise). If you haven't played a round, try it to get used to it

Current Chess rating (on US chess or Fide): If you don't have one, get one if you like playing chess :p

Current Chess rating in blitz (on uschess or FIDE if you use FIDE): If you don't have one, get one if you like playing chess :p

When you are free

If you have AIM/MSN or some way to contact you
List of entrances

Bullet
1 KoRoBeNiKi
2. ru5514n
3. ~N9NE~

etc

Blitz
1. KoRoBeNiKi
2. ru5514n
3. Terywj
4. ~N9NE~
5. KittyJone

Standard
1. KoRoBeNiKi
2. Terrywj
3. ~N9NE~

Long
etc.

Example of a signup:
Smashboards name: KoRoBeNiKi
Chess.com CabassoG
Entering Bullet, blitz, and standard sections
Live Bullet: 1588
Live Blitz: 1506
Live standard: 1486
Chess rating (normal): 1606
Blitz rating (normal): 1706
Way to contact me, either goc6283 on AIM or smashboards or chess.com. I go on chess.com every day due to matches

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright. Since this is up, I'm going to go ahead and close the old thread.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well, sorry dude, but I'm not going to allow two seperate chess threads. Either run this tournament once the other one finishes, or keep them both in one thread.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
well then can you move my posts from here to the other chess.com thread and rename the thread to alert people of this new tournament?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm up for this but I don't know why it couldn't be posted in the old thread.

RIP CWYP2 Thread :( I felt like it was mine lol

ru5514n

Smash Ace
I will play but most likely only in the faster time controls.

So this is the new chess thread then... Shame. I wanted to see if the old one could get up a 1000 posts.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'll merge this thread wtih the old one if you guys really want me to, but I think people would be much more inclined to join a tournament in a new thread instead of being confused and lost in an older and much larger thread.

Do you all really want me to merge them?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
No it's ok keep the new thread, a fresh start is needed. Thanks for the effort Skyler.

Maybe just a title change KoRoBeNiKi, since this thread will be used for both live and correspondence?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^^ It seems like people prefer the other topic. I do think that having a separate topic works better.

Also, if you are chatting in this topic so much, Join the tournament :p

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Chess.com username: ru5514n
Chess.com blitz rating: 1511
Chess.com bullet rating: 1482
USCF rating: (why do you need these lol) 1504 regular, 1617 quick.
Generally available on weekdays from 12-5 and 10-12 pm 11-3 pm on saturdays, and sundays tend to be erratic (all times Pacific)
just PM me here on SWF if any other info is needed.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
There's no requirement ranking, right? I haven't played on chess.com in ages, so my rating...
as long as you have a chess.com account, you can sign up (as in, as long as it in't banned). Also, as long as your internet connection is stable, it is fine.

Blitz, Bullet, standard, long

Join whatever you wish.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Let's gooooo!

Smashboards name: ~N9NE~
Chess.com name : Sleepers
Entering Bullet, blitz, and standard sections
Live Bullet: 1546
Live Blitz: 1511
Live standard: 1367
Chess rating (correspondence): 1539
Available: 4-10pm GMT

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Chess.com name : KittyJones
Entering Blitz Section
ACF Rating: 1812
Live Blitz: 1935
Chess Rating (Correspondence): 2322

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
since no one cares about long, I am getting rid of it.

Bliz wil begin at 16 people

Bullet and Standard will begin at 8 people

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Why has this gathered no attention? What happened to all the older players from the original chess thread??
Well for me, Live chess doesn't work since I rarely have time to sit down for a long game, and I don't really care for blitz :ohwell:

Rappster

Smash Ace
Chess.com username: rappster
Chess.com blitz rating: 1405
Chess.com bullet rating: 1247
chess.com standard rating: 1218
USCF rating: 1420 regular
availible from 9am to 11pm pacific. pm me if i'm not on. after school starts, it would be 6-7 am and 5-9pm pacific.

put me in standard and blitz.

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Would any of you be willing to participate in a vote match against us at the mariokart64.com forum? Someone who has a paid account at chess.com will have to create a group for you guys first though. If there's enough interest in it, I'll set one up.

I could create the group, but then I'd have a conflict of interest being in both groups.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Back on the chess scene. Would be up for tournaments both online and live. Anyone interested?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Back on the chess scene. Would be up for tournaments both online and live. Anyone interested?
Yeah, another tournament would be great. I'm totally up for that.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
So that's Kal, Bees (been corresponding with him on chess.com) and myself interested in a tournament.

The admin for the Super Smash Brothers group on chess.com don't seem to be active but I can try sending them a message. If they don't reply I could try starting our own group?

I have a premium membership so I can make tournaments no problem just think a group on the site would make things smoother.

Top Bottom