• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Basic Knowledge Link Guide. (Check First Post)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
and btw im new so wat does the term Gimped mean?
Gimping means using an attack that will make it impossible for a character to recover.

This term is most often applied to Link because of having one of the two worst recoveries in the game (Ganondorf mains argue that they have the worst recovery overall as well). Almost any attack, such as an arrow or laser from R.O.B. will gimp Link- or making it completely impossible for him to make it back to the stage.

Also note that there is a button at the bottom of your post that says Edit. The SWF rules say that you should avoid double posting (or making two posts in a row) so make sure to use the edit button from now on if you forgot to add something you wanted to ask.

WolfLink22

Smash Cadet
well thank you for the explanation:) It cleared it all up the bad part is that i can barely use DI:(

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
DI becomes a bigger part of your game once you get the hang of it, i only really seem to remember DI when im being hit by multi hit abilities..

helps alot it does

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
EDIT: Every freaking time I come back to edit this post I forget what I was going to post. XD

Firstly:
i just dont see, why the links who have remained at the SWF who have been around before cant just help these boards get back up and properly flowing like it used to..

they just want to make things more difficult
Being one of those Link's whom you are addressing, I must disagree.
Just because I'm not as active, and there hasn't been too much to talk about, doesn't mean I'm trying to make things more difficult for you.
And besides, I was going to give you some advice today anyway, before you started accusing me:

You'll need to make entirely new threads to replace the old (useful) ones. You can talk to the moderators to get the old ones unstickied/locked/moved. You should probably just copy/paste everything from the other thread's OP's to keep the content in the shape it was in before.
Make sure these threads aren't ones like "The Art of Link," Sasook's Guide or Nintenjoe's guide; what you need to take control of are threads such as the Q&A, Match-Up Discussion (since I think Simple won't be coming back), and possibly the Link Finder. There are other threads too.

I would've started helping long ago, but due to my current dislike of Brawl and my schedule I just don't have the time and the desire to do so.
And make sure you visit other boards throughout SWF often, it will expand your mind quickly and help you become knowledgeable players in relatively little time... given you can be humble enough to accept everything you'll learn about Link in regards to other characters.

Also be nice to all the new players that come in, because they'll come in on their own-- you just need to make sure they find this important enough or welcoming enough to stay and add to the community for.

Playing matches against people (even on WiFi) will give you a starter for how the matchup fairs, and will help you improve. Go to tournies as much as possible as well. The old community isn't coming back: its up to you to get good enough to replace them. Again, going to other characters boards and playing against them will be a big help here.

Also, if you desire to march forth and ask questions of the old community: http://xat.com/LinkBrawlers

ShadowCosmos

Smash Cadet
Bombsliding is the ability to throw Link's bomb with the boosted distance of the DAC.

Other properties are: It has the throw strength of a hard throw, it can be thrown forward up or even backward, and if you mess with the timing you can do a fake-out bomb slide. This will always go forward, has the strength of a normal throw and Link will do a fake-out toss animation in whatever direction of inputed.

I think that's mostly it.

Top Bottom