• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ashley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hey guys, been a while :)

Urh, I guess Ill drop out of the club, sorry.

I still like Ashley a whole lot though and will come visit the thread :D

..so, whats new?
*sigh* you to. :(

Oh well, just PM DragoonBlood to drop out.

On Topic: I guess we was thinking how would Ashley be unlockable.

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
Not that I have anything against her, but at least we know that a potentially cooler character can take her place.

Elysium

Smash Lord

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Oh well thats too bad. If Ashely isint playable...she isint playable. Cant do much about that. But atleast she is in the game. Thats enough to make me happy.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Now that I actually ventured in here to see who Ashley was (I played and beat WarioWare but don't remember whom she was.. Beside Mona, Kat, and Ana.)

Interesting choice for her to be in Brawl as a PC. Not sure if that actually deconfirms her but as most people say it probably does.

Sorry :(

-Onyx

Elysium

Smash Lord
Now that I actually ventured in here to see who Ashley was (I played and beat WarioWare but don't remember whom she was.. Beside Mona, Kat, and Ana.)

Interesting choice for her to be in Brawl as a PC. Not sure if that actually deconfirms her but as most people say it probably does.

Sorry :(

-Onyx
Like I said before...She suffered the same fate as Tom Nook. In that "Just waiting for the official word" status...

Such a shame though...she would've been a lot cooler than Olimar...

Kiyoshi Hinata

Smash Rookie
I can't believe this. The character I wanted in the most...deconfirmed. This is devasating. She was my favorite Wario Ware character. I was a fan far before her song appeared on the Dojo. When Brawl was announced, she was the first one to come to my mind. This is like getting stabbed in the heart. When I saw that she was deconfirmed, my heart literally skipped a beat. This makes me want Tom Nook to be playable just so background characters could still have a chance at getting in. **** it, if she must go to the graveyard, then it is right that the other Wario Ware characters be dragged down with her. I don't know. This almost makes not want to play the game, but I still will. However, I will not be as excited as I was before. I still hope deep down she still will be playable. I wish to join this club, even if she doesn't get in, I will still support her and I'm glad to see she has many other loyal fans.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Like I said before...She suffered the same fate as Tom Nook. In that "Just waiting for the official word" status...

Oh no no, Dragoonblood is much smarter than that. Only one person I know that won't take it. I'm just scared that some of the anti supporters will come out of Woodward and try to bring us down.

Well I guess I go with my other favorite Warioware characters, Orbulon, Kat & Ana, and Mona.

RWB

Smash Ace
Well, at least she is in the game, ne? ;)

That's enough for me. Just the song and no Ashley at all would have made me a sad panda.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord

No she wouldn't. Main character of a very new an original series that has a unique move set and actual importance > One of many side characters that has no real importance to the games and doesn't really look that fun to play as and could have a dull move set.

I can't believe this. The character I wanted in the most...deconfirmed. This is devasating. She was my favorite Wario Ware character. I was a fan far before her song appeared on the Dojo. When Brawl was announced, she was the first one to come to my mind. This is like getting stabbed in the heart. When I saw that she was deconfirmed, my heart literally skipped a beat. This makes me want Tom Nook to be playable just so background characters could still have a chance at getting in. **** it, if she must go to the graveyard, then it is right that the other Wario Ware characters be dragged down with her. I don't know. This almost makes not want to play the game, but I still will. However, I will not be as excited as I was before. I still hope deep down she still will be playable. I wish to join this club, even if she doesn't get in, I will still support her and I'm glad to see she has many other loyal fans.
You realize she never had a good chance anyway, but to think that such a crap character could cause people to start to not like a game. *sigh*

Lovely

Smash Lord
Err, disturbing news I see. Ashley's not a PC...... way to waste a good character. >_>

I guess we have no choice but to say that we lost our beloveit witch in tranning. :(

Elysium

Smash Lord
No she wouldn't. Main character of a very new an original series that has a unique move set and actual importance > One of many side characters that has no real importance to the games and doesn't really look that fun to play as and could have a dull move set.
Opinions anyone? Pikmin never seems all that fun to me...even after I played it I still didn't like it. Besides, they came up with a moveset that would be interesting for Ashley. Olimar's moveset, while unique could also be crippling as well.

And besides, why come in here mocking people for wanting a character?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
You get used to it, Legolastom seems to bash characters he doesn't like, for no apparent reason at all without factual structure.
*glares at Geno*

You should just ignore him.
Sorry to hear of Ashley's deconfirmation, but I'm sure there's plenty more up that alley as we inch closer to release.

Kiyoshi Hinata

Smash Rookie
You realize she never had a good chance anyway, but to think that such a crap character could cause people to start to not like a game. *sigh*
I was aware that her chances were not that good, but I still really wanted her to be in. Part of the excitement of this game stems from what characters are going to be playable. People each have different characters they really want to be in, and its never fun when the specific character is deconfirmed. Ashley was really high up on my list. I know you don't like her at all, but it is a difference of opinion. I will still buy the game and I will still enjoy it very much, as I said. I will just not enjoy as much as I would have if my favorite character was playable. Anyway, I will accept the fact that she is not in sooner or later. However, I will still be disappointed. She had a chance to be a very fun character.

Elysium

Smash Lord
You get used to it, Legolastom seems to bash characters he doesn't like, for no apparent reason at all without factual structure.
*glares at Geno*

Sorry to hear of Ashley's deconfirmation, but I'm sure there's plenty more up that alley as we inch closer to release.
1.) Yeah...so I've heard.
2.) Sadly qtf, I'm sure a lot of the character support threads will take a beating when Brawl is out...

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Opinions anyone? Pikmin never seems all that fun to me...even after I played it I still didn't like it. Besides, they came up with a moveset that would be interesting for Ashley. Olimar's moveset, while unique could also be crippling as well.

And besides, why come in here mocking people for wanting a character?
So you attack me for using opinions after I used them against your opinions, and them you use opinions. But people can want a character but the fact is that wanting one character in the games means you think that character is better than the ones that didn't make it in.

*glares at Geno*

Actually no. Your just another stupid little Geno fanboy that cant handle anyone saying anything about the character so they make stuff up about how SMRPG was the most important Mario game ever and how Geno was the main character, so seriously just SHUT THE **** UP, and stay in your stupid little Geno thread with the rest of your ignorant fanboys.

Sorry for you the hear that Ashley people but the Geno supporters are literally disgusting.

1.) Yeah...so I've heard.
2.) Sadly qtf, I'm sure a lot of the character support threads will take a beating when Brawl is out...
Ok them give me a list because I have bashed Geno... and Ashley... hmmm... Geno and let me think... Ashley. Woh TWO characters!?!? **** most Geno supporters cant even count that high.

RWB

Smash Ace

Good sir, I acknowledged Ashley's extremely minimal chances the second I started supporting her. While I agree about disliking the game just because a character isn't in is ridiculous, calling her a crap character is still uncalled for, even if you dislike her.

Seriously, stop being an ignorant jerk.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Actually no. Your just another stupid little Geno fanboy that cant handle anyone saying anything about the character so they make stuff up about how SMRPG was the most important Mario game ever and how Geno was the main character, so seriously just SHUT THE **** UP, and stay in your stupid little Geno thread with the rest of your ignorant fanboys.

Sorry for you the hear that Ashley people but the Geno supporters are literally disgusting.
Your an arrogant idiot Lego, and I don't generally tend to resort to name calling but your logic fails so many times in one paragraph, it's ridiculous. You believe your so high and mighty, and think you really do know everything, when in truth, you don't even know a lick of what your talking.

Geno was the main character, if you haven't realized, Geno had to rebuild Star Road, which was the main objective until the very end of the game. Mario was the lead character obviously, do you really think Nintendo would let Mario be a side character? Also take note of the title - Legend of the Seven Stars - need I say more? Your obviously mistaken and confused, you should go switch that SNES on and play again.

Your actually ignorant sir, for even making generalization of Geno followers as a whole. You need to really check your logic a couple good times before making such idiotic comments.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
P.S. Ya'll just filled 194 pages with "Ashley for Brawl!" and along those lines... which is hilarious.
There is another Ashley thread (bigger than this one)

Someone knows where she appears? With Jimmy and 9-Volt? In a microgame? In the typical scene?

It's a little bit weird to me, that WW-characters appear on this stage. There are only microgames who have been in the game. In none of them Jimmy T., 9-Volt or Ashley appeared.

And were there more mircogames than in the first japanese demo? In the first demo there weren't any WW-characters in the background.

Maggirus

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Your an arrogant idiot Lego, and I don't generally tend to resort to name calling but your logic fails so many times in one paragraph, it's ridiculous. You believe your so high and mighty, and think you really do know everything, when in truth, you don't even know a lick of what your talking.

Geno was the main character, if you haven't realized, Geno had to rebuild Star Road, which was the main objective until the very end of the game. Also take note of the title - Legend of the Seven Stars - need I say more? Your obviously mistaken and confused, you should go switch that SNES on and play again.

Your actually ignorant sir, for even making generalization of Geno followers as a whole. You need to really check your logic a couple good times before making such idiotic comments.
So Midna was the main character of Twilight princess was she? Because it was her goal to save the world? And the Deku tree was the main character of OoT because he wanted to save the world as well and Link just done what he wanted? Seriously your the ignorant little ****, stop making **** up just because you like Geno.

But that generalization is actually true, I mean look at you right now and if anyone even tries to argue against Geno that have to face ignorant little ****s like you making up this stupid crap.

So again how about you SHUT THE **** UP.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
So Midna was the main character of Twilight princess was she? Because it was her goal to save the world? And the Deku tree was the main character of OoT because he wanted to save the world as well and Link just done what he wanted? Seriously your the ignorant little ****, stop making **** up just because you like Geno.

But that generalization is actually true, I mean look at you right now and if anyone even tries to argue against Geno that have to face ignorant little ****s like you making up this stupid crap.

So again how about you SHUT THE **** UP.
Midna WAS the main character of Twilight Princess, as she IS the Princess. Did you honestly think Link was the main character? You've been lied to. f you've played the SMRPG, which I'm sure you've have, let me remind you my compadre, the plot twisted around Geno MULTIPLE times. He could be compared in essence to the importance of Mario in the game, if not even more important. The simple fact that you have to swear and throw in such snide barbs shows your toleration of the debate, and only shows your struggling to throw actual facts in.

How about you stop swearing and argue like a man, throw facts at me and maybe I'll listen. Just because you like Geno doesn't mean he won't be playable, you need to get over yourself and your arrogance.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Midna WAS the main character of Twilight Princess, as she IS the Princess. Did you honestly think Link was the main character? You've been lied to. f you've played the SMRPG, which I'm sure you've have, let me remind you my compadre, the plot twisted around Geno MULTIPLE times. He could be compared in essence to the importance of Mario in the game, if not even more important. The simply fact that you have to swear and throw in such snide barbs shows your toleration of the debate, and only shows your struggling to throw actual facts in.

How about you stop swearing and argue like a man, throw facts at me and maybe I'll listen. Just because you like Geno doesn't mean he won't be playable, you need to get over yourself and your arrogance.
Instead of arguing how I speak why don't you argue like a man and actually argue my points. Link was the main character, he was the one the game followed he was the one explored the dungeons he was the one who got the mirror and helmet fragments, he is the protagonist of the series and he was the one who defeated Ganondorf. Now are all those things nullified just because the game is named after her? Is Zelda the main character of every Zelda game? No.

When plot twists and such happen to the secondary characters they don't just affect them, they affect everyone. Lets use your logic again shall we? "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars" one second... according to you *Gasp* Mario is the main character because his name is in the title. And who is the character that you follow and the game focuses on? Mario. Who is the main character in battle and outside? Mario. Who is the one that was there during Smithy's takeover? Mario. Who is the one who went to find out what happened? Mario. Who is the one that Mario found in the woods? Geno. Who is the one that joined with Mario to help him find out what happened? Geno. Who also has a backstory and goals as with most supporting characters? Geno. Who is the main character? Mario.

Now you need to get over yourself and your complete and utter fanboyism and accept the evidence. Geno does have a good chance due to Sakurai expressing interest in him, but he is not the main character of the game and he isn't important to the Mario franchise.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
link was the chosen hero. he is the one who turns into the sacred beast. He is the PC and the character that does the dungeon crawling while minda is in his shadow. We know minda is the TP near the end of the game. How can she be the main character that we don't know about

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Instead of arguing how I speak why don't you argue like a man and actually argue my points. Link was the main character, he was the one the game followed he was the one explored the dungeons he was the one who got the mirror and helmet fragments, he is the protagonist of the series and he was the one who defeated Ganondorf. Now are all those things nullified just because the game is named after her? Is Zelda the main character of every Zelda game? No.

When plot twists and such happen to the secondary characters they don't just affect them, they affect everyone. Lets use your logic again shall we? "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars" one second... according to you *Gasp* Mario is the main character because his name is in the title. And who is the character that you follow and the game focuses on? Mario. Who is the main character in battle and outside? Mario. Who is the one that was there during Smithy's takeover? Mario. Who is the one who went to find out what happened? Mario. Who is the one that Mario found in the woods? Geno. Who is the one that joined with Mario to help him find out what happened? Geno. Who also has a backstory and goals as w ith most supporting characters? Geno. Who is the main character? Mario.

Now you need to get over yourself and your complete and utter fanboyism and accept the evidence. Geno does have a good chance due to Sakurai expressing interest in him, but he is not the main character of the game and he isn't important to the Mario franchise.
I'll say it once and I'll say it again - if Nintendo were to make a game with another 3rd party company including Mario, do you really think they'd allow leeway for Mario to become a side character? Definently NOT. Geno could've been the main character, if Mario hadn't have been in the game. Geno was more vital to the plot than Mario was, far more vital in fact, had Geno and his story not been a part of the game, the outcome would've been COMPLETELY different. Mario could've been anyone else, just as a grouping character. He was only the stepping stone through which all the characters met up and settled what they needed to get done. Heck, even Bowser's story about his castle lasted longer in the game than Mario's mere saving Peach.

Not a fanboy at all, and he was important to the Mario franchise, because he played a major role in Mario's first RPG. How is that significant you ask? Everything from timed hits/timed dodging, to the cameos, to the humor, to the common enemies joining your side originated with that game. In essence, that game set the mechanics for every Mario RPG, from Superstar Saga to Paper Mario, and it needs some long overdue recognition.

I analyze the situation and try to contain at least bias as possible, and the thing is Geno does have a very high chance at making playable status, he was and can be important to the Mario series in the future. I applaud your no-use of swearing or flaming.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
i think the key word there is WOULD
Your missing the blatantly obvious point though.

The point is Mario will never be a side character in a game Nintendo helped develop to another company; end of story. That's like stating Sonic will be a side character to Snake or something in a game (bad example, I know).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Your missing the blatantly obvious point though.

The point is Mario will never be a side character in a game Nintendo helped develop to another company; end of story. That's like stating Sonic will be a side character to Snake or something in a game (bad example, I know).
Shadow the Hedgehog says hi.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Shadow the Hedgehog says hi.
Notice where I said programmed by a 3rd party company along with the 1st party.

Shadow is owned by Sega therefore they can do whatever they want. Letting a character from a 3rd party series be a main character to your party's new introduced character/icon is a big punch in the face; something that's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom