• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ashley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
This thread wouldn't have as many hits, or fans, if it weren't for that music update. All that update did was raise some hype and hope for her. Music updates don't really mean anything anymore since Sakurai said,

How can a theme song alone convert someone into an Ashley fan? You'd have to do a little research to find out who she was before you would actually be appreciating the character and theres nothing wrong with getting fans that way.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
How can a theme song alone convert someone into an Ashley fan? You'd have to do a little research to find out who she was before you would actually be appreciating the character and theres nothing wrong with getting fans that way.
cause previously it was thought by many that wario was the only possible warioware rep. But withthe release of the song people seem to think that it confrims her inclusion. I personally think that the song will just end up as an alt song for the warioware stage.

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
Have you seen the Club X thread? I wonder how that came to be?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You know for a fact that I've been to the Club X thread, but what you seem to be in the dark about is the fact that the thread is a poorly constructed parody thread. The topic creator himself doesn't even take the character seriously and everyone knew that "X" wouldn't even be in Brawl simply because it lacked a special icon. The "X" music update used the standard smash icon instead.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Because the opinions of the Japanese matter more to Sakurai than the opinion of people in the United States.
but the opinions of that Japanese site don't matter to Sakurai. The poll did, and for some reason Ashley was no were to be found. Hm...

lol ~Krystal~ why should somebody making a parody thread take their character seriously? It's a joke.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
lol ~Krystal~ why should somebody making a parody thread take their character seriously? It's a joke.
I know that, why do you think I brought it up? I said the topic creator doesn't take the character seriously to emphasize the point, because while A.S.H.L.E.Y. may be a parody name we take Ashley seriously as a character. "Club X" is a parody club but it doesn't take its character seriously and this is illustrated in the way its own founder doesn't take it seriously. Looks like someone didn't do their homework. :rolleyes:

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
cause previously it was thought by many that wario was the only possible warioware rep. But withthe release of the song people seem to think that it confrims her inclusion. I personally think that the song will just end up as an alt song for the warioware stage.
Here are my pros and cons for Ashley:
Also most people who support Ashley is because of her song update. Also I have not seen a large fabase or large groups of supporters. Finally, WW is smaller than most series, so have 2 ww reps is unlikely.
Are you asking that we only care about her song, so regardless of how she is as a character we want her in because we like her song? If that's the question, then the answer for me and nearly everyone here is no. I could care honestly care less about her song.

The statement "We support her because her song is in the game" is just an uninformed assumption from those who are not supportive of Ashley or even morally considerate to those who do support her.
:: Sighs ::

Sometimes I wonder if anyone actually takes the time to read a post, try and comprehend it as well as take in what they are saying, and then respond to what they said. Or if some people just say whatever is on their mind paying no attention to what has been said around them.

I have to constantly remind myself of where I am.... the internet....

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
but the opinions of that Japanese site don't matter to Sakurai. The poll did, and for some reason Ashley was no were to be found. Hm...

Yes, the poll was the most important. But I can think of Sakurai searching on another sites. (Not that likely)
And we shouldn't forget that Sakurai was choosing the characters on his poll. It wasn't a Melee like poll. And Saki, Sonic and PT (no, Steven Stone isn't a represantation of all PTs) weren't on it.

Maggirus

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
:: Sighs ::

Sometimes I wonder if anyone actually takes the time to read a post, try and comprehend it as well as take in what they are saying, and then respond to what they said. Or if some people just say whatever is on their mind paying no attention to what has been said around them.

I have to constantly remind myself of where I am.... the internet....
I wonder about that to, it's basicly on the first post of this thread why we support Ashley. I think they just look based on the two of our supporters.

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
The "Club X" thread was made as a mockery of this thread. It was supposed to mimick instant game/character support in Brawl due to a music update. Though I know that's not the case with a lot of Ashley supporters here, it was a pretty funny joke nonetheless...hahaha

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yes, the poll was the most important. But I can think of Sakurai searching on another sites. (Not that likely)
And we shouldn't forget that Sakurai was choosing the characters on his poll. It wasn't a Melee like poll. And Saki, Sonic and PT (no, Steven Stone isn't a represantation of all PTs) weren't on it.

Maggirus
Yeah, well, Sonic and PT are important to their series. Ashley is not.:ohwell:

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
How long has that site had Ashley up? Heck, how long has the site been predicting in the first place?
That site was brought up a long time ago, before Ashley's song was updated. I remember seeing the roster and I'm fairly certain (90-95% certain) that Ashley wasn't on there (she might have been on the second page of characters, I don't remember if I looked to see who was on there). I get the feeling the Japanese jumped on the music hype as much as we did:ohwell:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yeah, because it is meant to be a parody of this thread. :ohwell:
I say it's all that update's fault, but X was a terrable example to make a thread out of, if they did Porky than I would under stand.

Back on Topic: It's been a while has.... I will get back on track.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Survival, Ashley's one of them. Still alive to see the day of Brawl. If not, she will see the next day, of Revolution. Ashley till the End. Also, this is not a joke, this is support for my favorite Warioware character.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd be shocked to see a Brawl "prophet" with alleged "inside roster info" claim that Ashley was indeed in the roster. We've yet to see that happen...
Actually I wouldn't be. These so called "prophets" are nothing but trolls and their only aim is to create controversy.

One of them made a prediction a few weeks back that Ashley had a stage...

So I wouldn't be surprised if they said Ashley was in. If they say she's in that's a for sure way to know that the prophet is making up the roster. ^_^

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Actually I wouldn't be. These so called "prophets" are nothing but trolls and their only aim is to create controversy.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they said Ashley was in. If they say she's in that's a for sure way to know that the prophet is making up the roster. ^_^
Yes, I don't believe the prophets. A lucky guess and everything think they're right. I need to wait, see pictures to believe. (I know about the Melee thing....)

I think it's because the stage shown in the Nintendo Fall conference. It's a stage with a dead tree, purplish fog and purple-dark blue sky with a full moon. The most popular choice is Luigi's Mansion, but the sky is fitting more with Ashley's castle. That's the reason why many prophets are talking about Ashley's castle/mannor and Luigi's Mansion.

I think there will be many unexpected characters in the hidden roster. In my opinion it will be a postive shock, (unlike Melee - :ohwell: )
Characters nobody think of (I'm not only talking about Ashley). That's the reason, I think that prohets with regular rosters are instead-fake.

Maggirus

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
There will be surprises, but the surprises are not going to include Ashley. I can't even give an example because there's no telling what Sakurai will do.:laugh:

There's no doubt in my mind that it would be a Luigi's Mansion stage. Luigi needs his own stage for once, and what better stage to use?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
It's not that likely, but he could use moves from Mario&Luigi and not Luigi's Mansion, but since Mario got the FLUDD, it's rather unlikely. (Also a stage)

I agree, it's more likely Luigi's Mansion, but why should they chance the basics of the stage and let the stage look like something else? Changing the background color, adding fog and go on.
I think it's most likely a stage not mentioned before here.

And Luigi's Mansion is the best choice for a stage for Luigi (better than his crappy Meleestage..)

I could imagine Ashley being a background element of her castle. Casting spells, let the Pirahna plant grow. A Diamond City stage would be the best second stage for the WarioWare series. It's like the Sunshine stage, but you're going to the place where the protagonists of the series live/work/whatever.
(Mona - Monapizza, Ashley - Ashley's castle, Kat&Ana - The castle/jungle, Jimmy T. - disco and go on)

Maggirus

inhabityo

Smash Rookie
Ashley's my favourite character in WarioWare games, and i think she'd be fabulous in Brawl. However, i must admit if one more Wario chracter gets in, i'd prefer it to be Captain Syrup (although that will NEVER happen)

inhabityo

Smash Rookie
FINALLY! RECOGNITION! Yay for Cap'n Syrup! with her MC Hammer style parachute pants!

also, her final smash could be that genie from Wario Land or one of her robot machines from Wario Land 2!

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman

Isn't this whole thing I just quoted a contradictory?

I assume you call these "prophets" just trolls because they have no actual factual data to support their so called correct statements. Well, you are 100% sure of of Ashley not being in the game is the vibe I have gotten from your previous posts here, but yet you have no factual data on the subject. You also call these "prophets" trolls and just posting to create controversy. Well then, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you calling yourself a troll in this case, considering you are doing exactly what the prophets are doing?

If you have something to add to this thread, by all means please do it. But if you're posts consist of the same "I'm positive she's not getting in" content every time, then I would just like to inform you that your posts will be completely unacknowledged by me in this thread. I also encourage others to do the same.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No, you see... These trolls, they post information completely out of the blue with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING backing it up.

There IS enough against Ashley to say that she won't be playable.
Gosh, I can't wait until the roster is revealed and this topic is gone for good.

I don't state things with certainty very often. It's just so ridiculously unlikely that a character such as Ashley will be playable. That's all I'm saying.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
No, you see... These trolls, they post information completely out of the blue with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING backing it up.

Gosh, I can't wait until the roster is revealed and this topic is gone for good.
Yet you have absolutely nothing to back it up.... interesting..... (if you really do have information, please post it....)

I understand that her chances are so slim, that she more than likely is not getting in, so I'm not expecting to see her in the roster. But unless you have some inside scoop on the actual roster that is 100% reliable information, then you shouldn't be saying who is definitely in or out either.

It's just so ridiculously unlikely that a character such as Ashley will be playable. That's all I'm saying.
Yes, and I understand that it's so incredibly unlikely, however, incredibly unlikely =/= 0%.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I understand that her chances are so slim, that she more than likely is not getting in, so I'm not expecting to see her in the roster.

Yes, and I understand that it's so incredibly unlikely, however, incredibly unlikely =/= 0%.
That's all I need to hear from the great DragoonBlood. Just about all of use Ashley supporters will say that, (not all, I know one that would lose they mind), but you and everyone get what I'm saying, right.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur

I don't state things with certainty very often. It's just so ridiculously unlikely that a character such as Ashley will be playable. That's all I'm saying.

and what you will gain with that?.

there is just too much anger and frustation going with you lately.

Even in the case that she would be a ridiculous addition to the roster, still i see kind of weird your antipathy. Ok, you can say it one of twice... but every single day is an exageration.

The day of the deconfirmation (in case of), we will be all good and tranquil and we will close this thread if needed, dont know whats the big fuss about it.

Your continous statements in this thread are becoming childish.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You know, I feel kind of sad that I didn't post here a lot. Ashley is one of my top five most wanted characters so I will post here know. I would like the talk about if she were in the game, what do you have to do the unlock her?

Ashley till the end.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, this thread isn't what it used to be.
Well, all of our main supporters stop posting. I guess it's they want to stay away from spoilers or they feel insulted when they post here. I still support my favorite WarioWare character nothing less. Brawl is coming close, remember that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey guys, been a while :)

Urh, I guess Ill drop out of the club, sorry.

I still like Ashley a whole lot though and will come visit the thread :D

..so, whats new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom