• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Aion: The Tower of Eternity Thread. Next Beta is on the 17th!

Laijin

Smash Hero
I know some of you play Aion or are planning to, and I know some of you also have pre-ordered it and are playing the betas that are coming out. This is just a thread to organize everyone in one place.

Who is going to be in the beta on the 17th? :O

If you don't know what Aion is, its the most anticipated MMO of the year and it looks VERY promising(More promising than Age of Conan, Warhammer, etc etc). Its not a WoW clone in any sense. Its also pretty deep when it comes to PvP and PvE, and even more unique, PvPvE.
Definantly worth checking out.

Fan Made trailer that shows off the classes and such:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyI6Byvpo70

Edit: My opinions are all assumptions based on what I have heard, read and seen. Apparently I have to say this because people think I'm making **** up randomly. If you disagree with my opinions, thats up to you. But I highly encourage you have at least something to back up your disagreements if your going to voice them.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
you aren't even trying anymore
you haven't even played this game and you're already telling everyone how it's not a clone and great and deep

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
you are making judgments on a game off pre-release hype and a trailer vid

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I played in the 4day CBT during the July 4th weekend. I hit the lvl 20 cap with my Cleric, which is really smooth leveling btw. I got to 12 with my Assassin before beta closed but so far Assassins are probably the least efficient to level which is why I wanted to try it out and see the parity.

Flight is really fun. Flight combat was limited to duels because I didn't really run into any Asmodians with a lvl 20 cap, but the CBT on the 17th is cap 25 and maybe we'll pvp some.

Game is a lot of fun. Especially with a legion (guild) and a vent server full of friendly people playing xD

aionsource.com is a legit forum

Pi

Smash Hero
I'll be playing, knihT
templar
prolly on the I server, idk the name, played the july 4th beta as well, didn't find out about it till the day before it ended so got to level 10 then stopped, templar are so beast for leveling

Pretty fun game, if they stick with it and pump out the updates I can see this overtaking wow
wow just has so many years of fine tuning to overcome
no hate on wow, I enjoyed that too

Pi

Smash Hero
3 more days!
Can't wait.

Also. Anyone know what you get for the limited edition pre order?
I got the normal one.
Yea I just noticed that on the top of my 'normal' one I guess
What, do you have to request the fancy one?
Anyone wanna like...set up a vent?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yo, i want to play aion, i have the full client on my comp thinking i was gonna play the open beta, but i finally finished installing it like 2 hurs after the beta closes, well it comes out on the 22nd, but i dont knwo if i want to preorder it, im debating.

-misshiro

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
it does, doesnt it rock, im still playing wow though, and it is completely occupying my time. 11 toons in all, my 80 DK that i play everyday (gotta grab those daily heroics), and 3-5 others that i play semi regularly, and some of the others that i play once in a while. So im not sure i want to make the jump, and since i missed the beta, i have no way to know if i am going to like the game or not.

-misshiroshi

AfroQT

Smash Master
Aion is just WoW.
I played Aion when the beta was out in China, had to download chinese patch and ****.

its nice and all...its just WoW with less classes, no races, and flying.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
I'll be playing it when it comes out. Got to 30 Spiritmaster on OBT and it was quite fun in abyss. Looking forward to getting to max lvl though where the good ish happens. Gonna join up the Azphel server where apparently all the competition is, just don't know which race. Hopefully I end up picking the minority.

nevershootme

Smash Master
the only gripe about it is the monthly plan. korea's time card system seems to work well especially for casual players who can be on hiatus for several days in a row and can jump back in anytime without paying for a month of playtime being wasted

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
the only gripe about it is the monthly plan. korea's time card system seems to work well especially for casual players who can be on hiatus for several days in a row and can jump back in anytime without paying for a month of playtime being wasted
This^^^

Aion is just WoW.
I played Aion when the beta was out in China, had to download chinese patch and ****.

its nice and all...its just WoW with less classes, no races, and flying.
Did you get to the abyss? I had to stop playing right before I got to level 24(Nexus johns and my computer blows) so I couldn't get in.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800

Our legion took 3 artifacts today, screen of the process of taking one (didn't get the pvp screens when people tried to gank us.)

Had to run on low graphic settings due to plenty of people on screen during pvpve.

Top Bottom