• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Offical release date thread

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Ah, and there's the rub--how do you know that Summer would be rushing it? By May of this year, it will have had a longer development time than Brawl. And not to mention that Namco is more competent than the help Sakurai had with Brawl, and the fact that he's not throwing over 9000 newcomers or doing any pure SSE deal, and any reason why it would take 32 months (if everyone thinks it'll launch in November) rather than 28-29 (July/August) goes right out the window.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Ah, and there's the rub--how do you know that Summer would be rushing it? By May of this year, it will have had a longer development time than Brawl. And not to mention that Namco is more competent than the help Sakurai had with Brawl, and the fact that he's not throwing over 9000 newcomers or doing any pure SSE deal, and any reason why it would take 32 months (if everyone thinks it'll launch in November) rather than 28-29 (July/August) goes right out the window.
Except you know, the 3ds version, with its own models, textures, stages, coding, and music.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
From what I see of the 3DS version, they're porting textures straight out of other games, the engine is pretty much the same, and the trophies are also straight model ports--if anything, 3DS is its own beast because of its Adventure mode, and Sakurai has mentioned 3DS and Wii U may not hit at the same time.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Except you know, the 3ds version, with its own models, textures, stages, coding, and music.
3ds version might hit later though? I always got the feeling that Smash WiiU will get released earlier and the 3ds-version is the title that will just barely get done and make it this year. But I don't know, I could be totaly missunderstanding or my memory could be off about the stuff I've read concerning this, in the past. So take it as a guess, nothing more :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

3ds version might hit later though? I always got the feeling that Smash WiiU will get released earlier and the 3ds-version is the title that will just barely get done and make it this year. But I don't know, I could be totaly missunderstanding stuffa bout this. So take it as a guess, nothing more :p
Didn't Sakurai say at some point that the 3DS version will come out later than the WiiU version? Don't have a source because I'm not sure, but I swear I remember him saying something like that.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
The longer they go without an official release date the more I assume it's going to be the holiday season before we get this it would be the best time for it come out for Nintendo. They would just bank money then.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The longer they go without an official release date the more I assume it's going to be the holiday season before we get this it would be the best time for it come out for Nintendo. They would just bank money then.
August at the earliest, next March as the latest, imho. November really seems like the safest bet.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
August at the earliest, next March as the latest, imho. November really seems like the safest bet.
I can't see it being August to early. I would **** a brick if it happened but I doubt it. March 2015 seem to far away everything we see looks pretty damn polished so I can't see it going on that long. November is the safe bet. I just wish they would give an official date. They'll probably just hold off till E3 since it's only three months away. But I want it now *sob* lol.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Holiday season is the best option. True or not, I feel like the Betternet roster leak had the best idea, that being November for the Wii U version, Holiday season for the 3DS version.

It makes so much sense for the Wii U version to come out first, and would make up for there being another version and still convince people to buy Wii Us if they wanted to play the game asap.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
My principle is to expect the worst. That way I can only be surprised positively, unless there will be delays.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
The Wii's online capabilities being totally disabled in May makes me believe that not only would the Wii U version come first, but that it's coming sooner than we think.

Alienating the remainder of Brawl/Project M players for any substantive amount of time is a bad move and they know it.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The Wii's online capabilities being totally disabled in May makes me believe that not only would the Wii U version come first, but that it's coming sooner than we think.

Alienating the remainder of Brawl/Project M players for any substantive amount of time is a bad move and they know it.
The only people crazy enough to be playing those still are probably getting the new games ASAP.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
You know, I keep hearing "WII U SHOULD COME OUT BECAUSE THEN THEY COULD SELL MORE." As a guy who was and still is debating on the Wii U, I'd be pissed.

3DS is the majority. Wii U at Christmas, with a Smash Bros bundle would make much more sense to me.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I heard that the 3ds version is coming out August 29th. Apparently it was leaked.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
hope that's wrong was hoping it come in july at the latest

D

Deleted member

The release date will probably be revealed at E3. With that in mind, I don't see Nintendo announcing the game's release date only a month ahead of time.

I'm not expecting the 3DS version to launch until mid-August at the very earliest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom