• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Ohio Thread

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
SUPER DUPER DERP TIME

1. Lous :fox: (500 Chuck-E-Cheese tickets)
2. Raider88 :jigglypuff: :peach: (250 Chuck-E-Cheese tickets)
3. Q :falcon: (167 Chuck-E-Cheese tickets)
4. Ebert :jigglypuff: :popo:
5. Dr. D :dk2: :marth:
5. DaveForShort :sheik:
7. SharkAttack :peach: :samus2:
7. Courtney :falco: :marth:
9. Jess :peach:
9. DanS1 :drmario:
9. Brad Falcon :falcon:
9. Corey :ness2:

Raider and Q stepping it up. Quaa would've rolled us all if he entered tonight, honestly. x_X Dr. D, quit playing Magic the Gathering. We all know you're better than this. ;)

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time Tonight was awsome. It was a great way to end an awsome birthday.

1. Lous - Nice Fox. I need to play this matchup more to learn it. I had a plan from previous experience against other Fox's, but that plan folded badly in our set. Nice smashnig tonight

2. Raider88 - Didn't play, but nice work taking 2nd tonight.

3. Q - I enjoyed the set against you. I learned a lot more about vs. Cpt Falcon from it.

4. Ebert - Didn't play
5. Dr. D - Awsome Bowser challenges.
5. DaveForShort - Didn't vs.
7. SharkAttack - 24 years old. Only 365 more days until your car insurance goes down.

7. Courtney - Enjoyed the set. Your Marth is dangerous when it edgeguards. I was getting worried.

9. Jess - Didn't play
9. DanS1 - Didn't play
9. Brad Falcon - Nice set, nice Bowser Challenge, and awsome hacki-sac skills.
9. Corey - Didn't play

That's about it.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Fun times tonight. I didn't improve using Peach at all, but I think I improved quite a bit with my secondary pocket Samus. I've still got a long way to go with both characters though, but I'm glad to have made some progress.

It was fun watching Louis and Quaa vs. Those were some good matches.

Raider 88- You improved a lot it seems like. I couldn't really get anything going in our matches to make them close. I got 2 stocked or better in each one. Keep it up man.

....and that Mario Party game. DanS just pulled off the victory once the extras were all sorted out. Stupid CPU Mario and his dang magic lamps.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Be there at 8:30! I would LOVE to see someone bring a Brawl setup tonight.

Special guest Kev is coming tonight!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Louis, I would like to attend this, however if I Megabus out there, I wouldn't be able to get back until tomorrow. I want to figure something out here.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I would bring a Brawl setup if I wasn't coming straight from work.

I won't be showing up til around 9:15-ish

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Louis, I would like to attend this, however if I Megabus out there, I wouldn't be able to get back until tomorrow. I want to figure something out here.
I wish I had my own apartment and that I was not living with my parents. Otherwise I would house you. :(

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Do you know anyone who can house me? lol

:phone:
The only person who could house you, if he's willing, is Quaa since he has his own place, but he only shows up to SoS half the time nowadays. Crash works 2 a.m. shifts now and Dr. D also lives with his parents.

The best you can hope for is someone to respond to your request on this thread.

Yeah, we suck. lol

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys, we're going to have a tournament in November to raise money for diabetes research. It looks like its going to be on a Wednesday night however. We're gonna open doors earlier in the day around 4:00 or so. There'll be Brawl and Melee. I've decided that Meta Knight will NOT be banned with a slightly modified stage list.

Not sure if I should modify that Super Duper Serious Time thread or just make a new one. lol

DannyJS1

Smash Rookie
Thank god for fall break, I needed those two days off for relaxation. School of Smash is still on Wednesday night this week, right?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time 8/19​

1. Quaa :roymelee: :falcon: (500 Chuck-E-Cheese tickets)
2. Raider88 :jigglypuff: (250 Chuck-E-Cheese tickets)
3. Lous :fox: (125 Chuck-E-Cheese tickets)
4. Dr. D :dk2: :pikachu2:
5. Proby :fox:
5. Brad Falcon :falcon:
7. SharkAttack :samus2: :peach:
7. Courtney :marth: :falco:
9. DaveForShort :sheik:
9. Nate :pikachu2:
9. Terrence :falcon:
9. Schings :kirby: :roymelee:
13. DanS1 :drmario:

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time 8/19

1. Quaa - I enjoyed that set we vs. in. That Roy is beast!

2. Raider88 -Didn't vs., but great smashing overall.

3. Lous -Didn't vs., but awsome smashing as well.

4. Dr. D - Didn't vs., I didn't get to watch a whole lot of your matches.

5. Proby -Nice Fox, I did not know what to do to get around it overall. You kept me from touching the ground a lot of times and I hated being in the air because it was tough to get down. Your ground combos were working well against me as well.

5. Brad Falcon - Didn't vs. but good placing.

7. SharkAttack -Your getting better with Samus compared to the 1st two School of Smashes. Need more wavedash and tricks, along with an increase in speed to hit the next level, whatever that is.

7. Courtney - Those were some fun friendlies at the end of SOS. I forgot how much fun Melee Free for Alls are.

9. DaveForShort - Good set Dave. I struggled at some points during our set tonight.

9. Nate - Thanks for coming out to SOS. Those friendlies were a lot of fun. Once you learn more techs and stuff you should improve a lot.

9. Terrence - Our opening set was my favorite I played all night. It felt dead even between the both of us. One moment I dominated, the next moment you did. We'll have to Smash more.

9. Schings - Didn't vs.

13. DanS1 - Didn't vs.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Alright. Turns out we have 2 tournaments coming up.

Smash for the Cure - This'll be on Wednesday, November 16th during School of Smash. And we'll be having it to raise money for Diabetes Youth Services. It'll start around 5 or 6 and end at midnight as usual. We may include Brawl for this. Price is $10.

BASHDay - Our gaming club asked me to run this. It'll be a Melee tournament. This looks like it's going to be on the 11th of November.

Now...how to advertise 2 tournaments that are occuring in the span of 5 days without being annoying on the midwest tournament page... O.o

Should be up this weekend.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
So...

Quaa, Q, and I are pretty sure we're going to APEX this January. Please let one of us know if you're interested in joining us. :D

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Is there going to be a School of Smash tomorrow? I remember last year the Student Union was closed down early, however Louis was lucky enough to play a set against a dude named Jim "The Renegade" Backslasher.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I assume it is exam week at UT next week? If so will there still be a School of Smash taking place, or is there no consensus yet? I should be able to make it next week. Had to work this week which is why I was a no show tonight.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I assume it is exam week at UT next week? If so will there still be a School of Smash taking place, or is there no consensus yet? I should be able to make it next week. Had to work this week which is why I was a no show tonight.
It's exam week indeed. However, I'm going to talk to everyone and see what they say. Even though i'll be done on Tuesday, I think everyone should focus on their finals. ;) But if everyone's cool with it, we can do something. I'll let you all know later.

We will not be Smashing on the 21st, 28th, or the 4th of January for sure though.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Best of luck to Quaa, Dr. D, and Q at APEX 2012! I wish I could go, but I'm afraid work has officially ruined my chances of keeping a tournament-going hobby...at least for now.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
APEX updates:

-Quaa, Dr. D, and Q did not make it out of 1st round pools, but they took each took 3rd place out of 5 in their respective pools.

-Dr. D beat Captain Jack's DK in a set.

:D

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Awsome! Thanks for the update Louis. I was wondering what was going on at APEX. I saw in the 2 vs. 2 doubles bracket Q teamed up with Dr. D. Is Quaa in doubles with anyone?

If Dr. D and Q make it to round 3 in winners they will face Mango's team. That would be awsome.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Meeting this Wednesday at 8:00. (I think it's 8:00) I'll let you know.

Q challenged me to a $5 moneymatch.

And we should have a SDFT tournament. We need more people though.

Are there ANY newcomers or transfer students to Toledo this year??? :D

Top Bottom