• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Good games! I am also glad to have played you before the end of brawl wifi. Your yoshi this time around was a prodigy but be careful with your wavebounces and b reversals. It kinda got ya killed a few times lol.
Sorry about the samus mu. I had trouble with that mu too when I was using yoshi so I was curious how you would handle her camping. You did solid with your pressure and camping out her projectiles though. I probably would never have played a whole bunch of characters if it wasn't for my secondary searching back in the old days. I will always stick to kirby and falcon though, no matter what the smash game is I can expect the most fun from those two characters.
Yeah those wavebounces were dumb i know how they work and how not to do them you just hold the control stick slowly in a direction and it wont happen but i guess wifi thought i moved to fast and i wavebounced.
Yoshi vs samus is so hard because zair that move alone makes the mu hard her projectiles are a bother but not as bad as getting hit with a move that if you block your either going to get hit with a follow up grab or a projectile only advice i have is camp back to her and also try to stay close because once you get in you can combo her pretty nicely. Your kirby was nice as well but i dont know why you swallowed me and took my egglay i feel like thats a bad idea for kirby because when you do that i can challenge you offstage without fear of getting swallowed. Wish i could have seen more of your falcon and that last kill i got on you were you unable to jump out of the egg because i was sure that wouldnt kill

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to get some last minute play in, but I am nowhere near a Wii right now and it's a little bit past midnight with school the next day... :(

Edit: Therefore, I must be content with lurking.

Last edited:

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
well im getting tired of waiting so im gonna end it off right here. its been fun playing with you guys on brawl's online even though it has been very laggy,im gonna miss it but its time to move on. hopefully ill see all you guys again in smash 4, if I even get a wii u. unfortunelty ill never get to play my modded version of balanced brawl online so im just gonna have to stick with the cpus. good bye guys and good bye brawl's online. (;

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Good games rage.You played more carefully this time,less mistakes,you also beat my marf consistently,my god.Also,I think your rolling habit is gone,good job

Last edited:

CJ Dunnick

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-2506-5223
Its been fun here all the lag, input lag wins, loses, lucky kills, pros, noobs, compliments, insults, skill increase, ignoring, arguing and of course all the salt levels. Imma miss it all T.T

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Good games rage.You played more carefully this time,less mistakes,you also beat my marf consistently,my god.Also,I think your rolling habit is gone,good job
Thank you Friend that because I was completely calm and relax also I was trying not to repeated to much the smashes well excepts for my tilts also I like to play brawl at nights especially midnights anyway thank you so much for playing with me until next time.

Its been fun here all the lag, input lag wins, loses, lucky kills, pros, noobs, compliments, insults, skill increase, ignoring, arguing and of course all the salt levels. Imma miss it all T.T
Well wanna play one last game a bit?

The anime is Toradora! ;)

I do realize my post has nothing to do with this thread, lol...
I really need to see that anime I heard its was good.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Hahaha That something for sure we never miss also characters triping that too.

Edit: wow 9 user here its been a whie now well Im still had energy left so Anyone here want to brawl?
I wish i could brawl u D:

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
I wish i could brawl u D:
So Sorry man I wish could too I dont know if we could brawl in the new server if will work that is but maybe we meet in smash 4 oh another thing early kesters said that you are hard for him I find that funny because all brawler here is definitely hard but Das and zatch are the beast in here I think.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I played Zatch's Ganon but then he left after 2 games, and i never got around to playing DAS wish i did tho

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
I played Zatch's Ganon but then he left after 2 games, and i never got around to playing DAS wish i did tho
Das is very very tough around here mostly brawler here had hard time with him and extremely hard to beat him but not imposible.

Edit: we got 21 hours left to play brawl online or Wi-Fi so we need to get our games on and now.... :tired:

Last edited:

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
BRAWL ANYONE? *exclamates a rallying shriek to unite arena contenders one more time*

EDIT:
Nevermind, apparently my desparate cry for another game is in vain; bye bye Brawl Wye fye ;//

Last edited:

PZ

Smash Lord
Yeah those wavebounces were dumb i know how they work and how not to do them you just hold the control stick slowly in a direction and it wont happen but i guess wifi thought i moved to fast and i wavebounced.
Yoshi vs samus is so hard because zair that move alone makes the mu hard her projectiles are a bother but not as bad as getting hit with a move that if you block your either going to get hit with a follow up grab or a projectile only advice i have is camp back to her and also try to stay close because once you get in you can combo her pretty nicely. Your kirby was nice as well but i dont know why you swallowed me and took my egglay i feel like thats a bad idea for kirby because when you do that i can challenge you offstage without fear of getting swallowed. Wish i could have seen more of your falcon and that last kill i got on you were you unable to jump out of the egg because i was sure that wouldnt kill
O yes mid-range samus just eats up yoshi with zairs. I didn't really want to take the egg lay but I thought I give it a try and I don't swallowcide since kirbyciding in melee wasn't a thing for watever reason<.<. Also swallow offstage is really bad against players who know how to work around it. You would lose a stock or gain...I don't like those odds. O I hate mashing out of grabs because I always mash too much and do something stupid. At the percent I was at, I was sure to eat an uair/usmash and die when I popped out no matter what I do. Falcon has no tool to save him from below so he gets juggled pretty easy plus yoshi's uair continues to amaze me no matter how much I see it/use it.
EDIT: Nvm

Last edited:

silverlining

Smash Rookie
Oh no guys.... I'm too late. I missed the deadline. D: Thought they'd leave it up for the day, but t'is the 20110 error for me. ):
At least, thanks for the matches for the past few months, everyone. Hopefully we'll all see each other for smash 4! :D

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Ah well... Despite the sometimes horrendous input lag and limited online interactions... It was fun and exciting to play with you people! :b:

I'll see you people around when Smash 4 hits the shelves!!:happysheep:

Let's hope that Sakurai and his team manages to create an awsome online mode :cool:

And tweak the balance of course. I am looking at you...:metaknight: and :ganondorf:

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Hey there @ Flux0r Flux0r my first opponent in here its shame that we didn't had the time to brawl more but thank you for all the matches that we play its was fun and see you on the other side.

Edit: I see all you guys on the other side.

Last edited:

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
R.I.P. Wi-Fi. I'll miss playing everyone here. It was great fun. I remember @CourageHound was the first person I ever played here way back in last June. I'm very grateful to everyone here who gave me all the advice when I was first starting out. I've placed high in numerous online tournaments on many different sites. I've become quite the good Wolf thanks to you guys. I hope to play all of you again in Smash 4 <3

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
O yes mid-range samus just eats up yoshi with zairs. I didn't really want to take the egg lay but I thought I give it a try and I don't swallowcide since kirbyciding in melee wasn't a thing for watever reason<.<. Also swallow offstage is really bad against players who know how to work around it. You would lose a stock or gain...I don't like those odds. O I hate mashing out of grabs because I always mash too much and do something stupid. At the percent I was at, I was sure to eat an uair/usmash and die when I popped out no matter what I do. Falcon has no tool to save him from below so he gets juggled pretty easy plus yoshi's uair continues to amaze me no matter how much I see it/use it.
EDIT: Nvm
Yeah i dont try to challenge kirby offstage unless they swallowed me already and have yoshi's special move im not scared of that as nearly as kirbys swallow and yeah i just watched that video from that position there really wasnt a way for falcon to recover good games though hope to see you again in the future

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Yo, I just want to say, it's been awesome Brawling with all of you... I can't believe it's gone now. I started out here sometime in like 2011... Then in like 2012, I became a more active here. I would do so many mistakes back then (I cringe at my decisions I made when I see an old video of myself xD), and I appreciate the advice that's been given to me so that I can learn. However, I'm VERY proud of how far I came; to the point where people call me the one of, if not, THE best Ness (in Canada, or online or even both :p). I've done quite well in many online tourneys (usually getting like Top 5 or Top 10)! Gonna be PSI Rockin' my Ness again for Smash 4... Looking forward to it!! :D <3

Also, I'll give some shoutouts to some people here on Smashboards... For being such great Brawlers and friends of mine. I would ALWAYS have fun playing with ya. :D

@Zatchiel - Favorite Ike and Ganon, along with other great characters (Lucas, Sheik and Fox come to mind <3)!
@ AirJay AirJay - Tied for my favorite Yoshi!
@HI5 - Awesome Fox (man I wish I got to play you more, we only played like twice in the arena haha)!
@GYK - Favorite Link, awesome Ike!
@Xadrin - Favorite Bowser!
@ Jerm Jerm - Awesome Olimar and Mario!
@CourageHound - Tied for my favorite Yoshi with AirJay, also an awesome D3!
@ BlueXenon BlueXenon - I think I only played ya back in 2012 or early 2013, but awesome MK!
@DAS - Awesome Peach and ZSS, too bad our connection was always iffy though. :/
@ LoveandBacon LoveandBacon - My favorite Wolf, and so kawaii (but no one can out-kawaii me ;))! :3

And like I said before, it was awesome to Brawl with everyone!!! Take care guys! ^__^
(I also got a bunch of Wi-Fi Replays to record... xD)

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Brawl any1? And im serious! I hacked into my wiiu/wii and now i can still play!!!!!!!! Online modes!!!!!!! Just go to youtube and search up Mr.Bean35000vr and find the one that says how to play online after may 20th!!!

Top Bottom