• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Good games, Dark Peach! Not sure why I expected your Peach to be worse!
Good to see someone who actually knows how to fight Bowser!

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
P : M
P:M!
Anyone want to push buttons to make programmed characters hit eachother with me!? :D

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
what do you mean expected to be worst?
I had assumed you'd be just a little better than the Peach players I've played, since I forgot you actually go to offline tournaments. I remembered pretty soon into the first game, though. I believe I've seen some of your matches on YouTube.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well I dont know what you what more you expected from wifi matches. Wifi and offline are 2 different things.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Hey ggs man, that Kirby of your is tricky. Especially when you're red...lol.
GGs, I was trying to play like the style of one of my good friends on here that beats me every match ;-;
Even though i'm not very good with link, I tried to show you some things you could do to mix up your playstyle. Sometimes seeing is better than me typing it out haha.

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
GGs, I was trying to play like the style of one of my good friends on here that beats me every match ;-;
Even though i'm not very good with link, I tried to show you some things you could do to mix up your playstyle. Sometimes seeing is better than me typing it out haha.
Yeah like that upward sword attack that I never use. Link is so hard to play with. I lose a lot of matches for gimps and sds because link is broken. Well, maybe I just need more practice. Thanks for the advice and c ya next time :)

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Yeah like that upward sword attack that I never use. Link is so hard to play with. I lose a lot of matches for gimps and sds because link is broken. Well, maybe I just need more practice. Thanks for the advice and c ya next time :)
Have you ever played GYK's link? That's what I was trying to mimic *didn't do a very good job* but I still struggle to beat that link with any character. I think he would be a lot better teacher for you than me, I just offer general advice lol.
Also that sliding upward sword attack is DACUS. I'm sure they have something about it in the link thread. You slide really far while you're slashing upwards so its useful.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
well with bowser I noticed you like to claw and up-B alot. So I was usually just bait it and punish it. times I missed up the punish and you got away with it. So I felt you mentally thought you could do this alot since it was working.Which lead to you getting baitingand punished when I started not to mess up alot. It just became very repetitive.

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever played GYK's link? That's what I was trying to mimic *didn't do a very good job* but I still struggle to beat that link with any character. I think he would be a lot better teacher for you than me, I just offer general advice lol.
Also that sliding upward sword attack is DACUS. I'm sure they have something about it in the link thread. You slide really far while you're slashing upwards so its useful.
Yeah I do believe I've played him. I'll try to pick his brain the next time I see him :D. Again man, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Keep smashing and don't be surprised if I have a better rounded link next time we meet :)

PZ

Smash Lord
GGS! AirJay! Great Connection! I wish I could have platform cancel in our games because I was having so much trouble hitting yoshi with some of falcon's aerials. Your yoshi is pretty good though! I wish I learned how to DR before I stopped playing him in early 2010.
What is your controller scheme? or do you have a trick to DR?
O and for the record I never usmash...all of that was failed buffered uairs<.<

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
GGS! AirJay! Great Connection! I wish I could have platform cancel in our games because I was having so much trouble hitting yoshi with some of falcon's aerials. Your yoshi is pretty good though! I wish I learned how to DR before I stopped playing him in early 2010.
What is your controller scheme? or do you have a trick to DR?
O and for the record I never usmash...all of that was failed buffered uairs<.<

GGS PZ My controls are Y=Jump B=Jump R=Special X=Special and how to DR you just slide your thumb down from Y to B to C-stick down really fast and it should work although I barely use DR its not hard to do Your Falcon is really good with jabs your one of the best falcons I have played

PZ

Smash Lord
GGS PZ My controls are Y=Jump B=Jump R=Special X=Special and how to DR you just slide your thumb down from Y to B to C-stick down really fast and it should work although I barely use DR its not hard to do Your Falcon is really good with jabs your one of the best falcons I have played
Pretty unique button combination but now that I think about it that does make it easier than most methods I have tried. Thanks!

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Pretty unique button combination but now that I think about it that does make it easier than most methods I have tried. Thanks!

No Problem hope it works out for you

Top Bottom