• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL

Anyway, studied me vs Hbox today. LOOOOL I'm dumb. Time to get to work formulating some strategies.....

Expect a new Kevin and new dr peepee next set vs him. =)

lord karn

Smash Master
As it should be.

I've never taken notes other than when I watched some of my videos after Pound 4. I just get very basic ideas now. I think for Hbox TO6 GFs that I'll take notes though.

Yeah the Marth/Pika matchup blows. Twitch was trying to pick up Pika for a bit(maybe he still is) and my lazy Marth had a field day lol.

Pikachu boards believe pika's countered(65/35) by both spacies I think. I'm not sure if I totally agree after watching Axe though....I'd say 60/40 is fairer but maybe I'm wrong.

I mean he's been playing Pikachu for like 2+ years, so I dunno how much that matters.

Eh I think FD is Pikachu's best CP on Falco, but Falco dies easy everywhere and his death combos are pretty good(haven't tried to combo Axe since Pound 4 though so who knows how easy it is I guess).

LOL dude Shiz is getting rustier and every tech mistake he makes(which is a lot since Brawl came out) should be punished that hard but M2K is just as rusty which is why it's closer. Axe shows that, for that matchup to be played out correctly, Fox plays this game more often. XD

That's a lot of work and will undoubtedly cause controversy and I don't trust my abilities to be fully accurate on this really.

NO lol man you're trolling me so much lately. You are a butt though obv. =p

He cheats like I do.

This is entirely not the answer.

Well at least analyze me. ;)

I like being analyzed. :embarrass:

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I’m not exactly sure where to post this so I hope this is okay.

Kevin Nanney, or as most know as Dr.PeePee. This is my 3,000th post, and I’m dedicating the whole thing to you. Where can I start? The time seriously flies, man. It’s been almost 3 whole years. I met you when I was Brawl player at the age of 13, so long ago! My first ever chat with you was talking about me possibly being top 10, oh how those were crushed at that one billfest. A lot of people called me a kid and picked on me for sounding young/being young in general. You never made picked at me, and I thank you for that. You gave me amazing encouragement, a good deal of praise and faith in myself as I played Brawl, even after destroying me; I just wanted to get better. Admittedly I was pretty cocky before playing you but I needed to get *****. After that, we didn’t really talk all that much outside the boards, and not much at tournaments, but when you moved to Wake Forest for College, we honestly became great friends.

The car rides were always my favorite parts man, you showed me a true friendship I’d never really had and you made me open to a lot of things, and you never put me down for any choices I made, you never said anything even when I was loud, obnoxious and just cursed every 2 words and you put up with me, as I write this it all rushes at me, the memories of all kinds of tournaments, I’m not even sure the order of it all, the one that always sticks out is Rawfuls tournament. My first ever tournament match with you, and I took you to Hyrule and took 40+ pictures, and you still won. I regretted at the time, because I should have tested myself against you, but I didn’t regret it to hard because how silly it was and how much we laughed about it. The billfests often mash together, honestly. We just cut up really; I never played you in tournament, and I just hyped your matches really.

Eventually we quit Melee around the same time and you got me into Melee, you started staying at my house helping me, recording matches and in general just wanting me to improve in the game. I don’t know how you could handle me; I just look back and remember how annoying I was. I start remembering more once I picked up Melee, Dukes started around then, and we went there and you made me confident I’d do well assuming they’d be all scrubs, man was I syked. When we got there we did pools, and I was the only one to take a match off you, but that was because of a G&W ditto, I got so many nines, I wrecked you! Unfortunately, I got destroyed at that duke and we were surprised to see so many new faces that were decent at the game!

You helped me when blackchris came into the scene and I had lost to him, I saw him as a rival, and you specifically helped me with Ganon for long periods of time, without that, I doubt I’d be doing as nearly as good as I’ve done against Blackchris. You helped me stay on track and stick to one character and you were completely realistic with me, you never really lied and you told me what was in my grasp and what wasn’t, but you never said I would never be able to do it. You encouraged me to beat people and I feel like I’m just repeating myself, but I can’t help but thank you for that.

Tournaments went by, and eventually me, you and Zach were close friends, talking all day, every day, we always chilled at tournaments together and had a great time. Zach still hadn’t come over to my house until my birthday. Oh man, those days, that snow. My favorite memory, I’ll never forget it. Deciding to take a break and going to out in the snow at 2am. Me and Zach packed snow balls without telling you and threw them at you, you ran for it, you were so fast, it baffled Zach and I. Zach went around to go get you while I went the other way around my apartment building and we still missed! Then walking down to the main office, slipping on my *** on the first slanted road we got on, laughing like crazy and wondering how I did it. Once we were half way down, I can’t remember who said it, but someone mentioned how amazing it all looked. The silence, the only light being a street lamp, and the endless, white snow. It was beautiful, something out of a movie, and when we finally got down to the main office, and when around back where we could see the pool. The pool looked so nice, the snow was so thick. We stood there in a long silence and the whole was a once in a life time thing and I was honestly on the brink of crying, you guys are my best friends and I thank you for this present, because it was a present for me and I hope it was for you. You guys are my closest friends and I hope it stays that way forever when we all quit.

After that, things got rough, when Maria came into the community things shook up and people pointed fingers and our friendship became more distant, and during this time money got tight for me & my Mom but you never hesitated to pay for anything, you never stopped for a second to think about if I deserved it or not, or if you were throwing away money, you just did it. You didn’t care about the money, just if I was having a good time and you still to this day do it, and I feel so thankful for an amazing friend you are and have been, it’s brought me to tears many times, what you’ve done for I don’t think I could ever repay you for. I wish I could repay you for all the money you’ve spent on me and possibly all the time I’ve made you waste on me, I really wish I could have paid for it all, because I feel bad, so bad sometimes. I’m glad I met you, and I’m glad I decided to show up to the Brawl midnight release and get really into the game. You’re the reason I was able to go out of state and have a great time, you’re the reason I play this game now, I’m so sorry you had to deal with all that stress you did not deserve, but I’m glad you were rewarded with a great new friend.

I’m happy you beat Hungrybox at HERB3, and I know you’ve lost to him ever since, but at RoM3 man, you got this in the bag man, don’t let that pressure crush you because I know you’re a strong person and you can handle it. I’m rooting for you and I want you to have a great time at RoM3. You can do it, I promise Kevin, I see it in you every tournament.

I know I skipped a lot, and I feel like I’m just repeating myself, but I feel like I’m covering the important parts, I hope. The important thing of this all, and what I’m saying is you’re an irreplaceable friend, you’ve allowed me to be confident and strong. You’ve helped me work on my issues on the game I love in the community I love, the things I’ve had to dealt with you’ve helped with talking with me, and you’ve allowed me to stay in this community by paying for almost every tournament, I cry tears of joy as I write this honestly, you’re such a great person and friend, and I think you’re going to be the best in this game soon.

Thank you so much for everything, Kevin. I can’t explain any of thank in words. Good luck at RoM3.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm crying.......that was beautiful Smith. I'm saving this so that I'll always have a reminder for what I do or who I am. Sometimes I think what I'm doing is pointless or not worthwhile, and then moments like these come along, that tell you you've been silly to ever doubt....even though you probably will again.

More important than all of that, I want you to know that that is one of the single greatest things anyone has ever done for me, and I promise to do my absolute best for you and anyone who believes similarly to you at all at RoM3. THIS is why Melee is more than a video game to me. THIS is why I'll drop all of that money and all of that time and stress without batting an eye.

People. Like. You.

I don't even know what to say now except maybe this is what I need to stop being anxious and angsty all of the time.

That night in the snow.....it was amazing for me too. But I won't talk about that here. Just know you aren't alone in that feeling.

I love you very much Smith. <333

null55

Smash Master
you guys are heartless and i basically haven't cracked up that much in a ****in long as time fruhl though.

Top Bottom