• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Norcal/Bay Area/ DBR Challenge Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Hey thats messed Largo is pretty good and cool, Once he learns some stuff he will be pretty darn good. I can tell somehow.

Anyway Smashfest was fun and people got a taste of the money.
We are having some difficulties getting vids up...I have said we will have them soon but "stuff" happens.

Oh yeah if you come to the next DBR event, hmm...If no one else wants to do it with me, Ill spare a TV to show some stuff to people who might need help with a character, im not like an authority on every character but I can help some.
I say this because at the Smashfest I noticed alot of you SF guys getting alot better in a matter of hours. Plus its fun.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
moneyshots all ova da place.

shadowcloud

Smash Apprentice
Im looking for a good sheik player to ditto. If theres any around here im me. I live in Daly City and am willing to travel a little bit.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Originally posted by shadowcloud
Im looking for a good sheik player to ditto. If theres any around here im me. I live in Daly City and am willing to travel a little bit.
i'm pretty good with sheik. i'll play ya... :)

n64smashmaster

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Simna ibn Sind
That is pretty close, but are you okay with making an hour commute?

I mean...it would be a bit odd to have a member that we only play with on a few occassions.

Geo lives about...20 minutes away from the rest of us. We don't play smash with him as often as we should.

Now that I think about it we don't usually plan our get togethers...its usually someone calls someone else and stuff happens on that day...

Maybe we can start planning ahead and posting the plans on a thread here, so you guys know what's going on...

...yeah...I think I'll do that.

I dont know how often I can get down there, but If there is a big enough group, ill try to make it. I dont have to join the team, just play. Ill also need some notice of events. It cant be a spur of the moment thing, as I am too far away for that kind of thing.

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
no ...largo is a cool guy...i bought him pizza...he owns me in smash o_O ...Nekurbis and Mitchell destroy me. I need to play lots more. hi guys.

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
Okay its been a longass time since Ive posted here/smashed. Im looking for a challenge so Geo I think Ill take your offer and fight vs your crew and Teamscape over in Sac. I just need a ride though >_> I cant drive....legally that is. :D

btw, Im MB_Echoes

Geo

Smash Ace
OK so after alot of harrassing people and looking around I think we have built up a nice little community for the Sac area.

The players I have found so far:
B (samus/ganon)
Kev$ (luigi/dk)
Geo (falcon/falco/fox)
Simna (ness/doc)
Ender (fox/peach)
Uraj (ganon/luigi)
Milk (peach)
Diego? (marth/link)
MB Echoes (marth/falco/kirby)
n64smasher (???)

So that's ten guys, solid little group I'd say. We'll let's set up a date guys, get together, smash it up, order a pizza and kick back.

Ender, I hate to be a bother but you have a van soooo...... do you think you could drive us to Concord to smash with DBR? I'll help with gas money.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I'll try to get ender to look here, Geo...and I'll ask about his van...

BTW: Milk is Diego. The Marth/Link player you were talking about is...well...I'm not sure what alias he likes to go by. Let's just call him Magia.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Whenever you guys want to come down to Concord, just let us know, it doesn't even have to be a scheduled smashfest. DBR vs. Teamscape, I like that, has a nice ring to it. Bring as many people from Sac as you want, we'll deliver the goods...

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Ok, I looked up concord on yahoo maps to get a time estimate. its 1 hour and 10 minutes just to the city, so add time unless you live right at the edge of town, but subtract time becuase I usually drive above the speed limit.

I tried to AIM you but you wernt on. Send me a PM or AIM with your adress so I can get better directions and then Ill see what we can do with everyone up here.

n64smashmaster

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Nephilim
OK so after alot of harrassing people and looking around I think we have built up a nice little community for the Sac area.

The players I have found so far:
B (samus/ganon)
Kev$ (luigi/dk)
Geo (falcon/falco/fox)
Simna (ness/doc)
Ender (fox/peach)
Uraj (ganon/luigi)
Milk (peach)
Diego? (marth/link)
MB Echoes (marth/falco/kirby)
n64smasher (???)

So that's ten guys, solid little group I'd say. We'll let's set up a date guys, get together, smash it up, order a pizza and kick back.

Ender, I hate to be a bother but you have a van soooo...... do you think you could drive us to Concord to smash with DBR? I'll help with gas money.
yo, neph, on SSBM I play link, samus, gannon, kirby, fox. On SSB, I can play anyone. Tell me when you guys are getting together. I am free the 24th through the 10th of Jan. Im gonna be in Sac for the Heat game on the 23rd!!!! Yeah!

ZelgadisQmega

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who can't get a hold of GERM can IM me at "Zelgadis DBR". I have pretty much no life, so i'm usually on a lot. Hopefully we'll have a smashfest sometime during winter break.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Ok, I talked with theGERM and we probably can have a smashfest, but I need to know who is for sure coming with me.

I know I can contact Neph and his guys through him, so thats good.

Everyone in Teamscape im gonna check on tomorow.

N64smashmaster, PM me your Phone number because I dont have yahoo messanger.

Is MB echoes with you Neph? I cant find a post by him.

EDIT: I found MB echoes on the hub and his SWF name is marthby87!!!

I almost called you geo, so these HUB/SWF names are confusing.

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
Yup, Im in the hub. Since I havent been in the smash scene for a long time Id like to know what excactly is going in norcal. if anyone would care to give me the 411, holla back on AIM: RPGtheMaster or MSN: alien95987@yahoo.com. Or you can find me in the smash hub, I go there often.

btw, Inks has my GaW/cinnamon toast crunch thing as his quote?! O_o

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
alright i'm so close to having a crew of five here in daly. it's coming along a lot nicer than i had previously expected. however, it may prove to be quite difficult to find my fifth person. also, three of my guys all use sheik! so two of them will be using second string characters. but oh well. i hear there's another crew here too, and i'd like to challenge them when i get officially up and running. as of right now, it looks like this:

Michael (me)
Andrew
Danny
Ron
(in no official order)

i won't list characters until we get all that settled down. i also need to come up with a crew name, but that'll have to wait too. i was impressed at the level of play i've come up with. i was expecting to have to do work with people, but they're much better than i had thought they were gonna be. DBR better look out, lol. well not yet, we still need some work. but i would certainly love to set up future matches with the best. DBR, TeamScape, ChinaTownsMostWanted, Blue Pheonixes, the other crew from Daly, ect. Everybody keep your eye open, we may not be the best right now, but we're certainly up and coming.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I looked on yahoo, and it seems to be that Daly is about 2 hours away from Sac, which is a little far just for a smashfest I think, but we could probably play you when we go against DBR over the vacation, as long as its ok with theGERM.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Originally posted by ender
I looked on yahoo, and it seems to be that Daly is about 2 hours away from Sac, which is a little far just for a smashfest I think, but we could probably play you when we go against DBR over the vacation, as long as its ok with theGERM.
yeah that's what i had in mind with you guys as well as the blue pheonixes. i thought we'd meet somewhere in between. i'll prolly be at GERMs over x-mas break, but still not sure if i'll have my 5th man by then. we'll see what happens though...

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
nono dont even trip,i mean its only a short trip anyways, one on BART from daly city its only like an hour or an hour and a half tops. driving is different tho i suppose..

when is a crew a crew? when it reaches 3, 4,, oor 5 people? or what

ZelgadisQmega

Smash Apprentice
I think a crew is a crew when you got a decent ammount of people (4 i suppose) and your known? I dunno, But I knew when we first decided after a few years to make DBR, no one who the heck we were. We went to tourneys and placed pretty decently (I've gotten 9th at 0-C1, 1st in a lil tourney in my area, 7th at MLG LA, 13? at MLG SF) not too bad I don't think. I sucked it up at TG though, got like low 40s or something, Very bad. GERM still repped the best Link in the US though...

Semantic Scamp

Smash Rookie
Definitions for crew:

1. a. A group of people working together; a gang.
b. A group of people gathered together temporarily; a crowd.

2. a. All personnel operating or serving aboard a ship.
b. All of a ship's personnel except the officers.
c. All personnel operating or serving aboard an aircraft in flight.

3. a. A team of rowers, as of a racing shell.
b. The sport of rowing.

And, most of the definitions for group says "two or more."

Sam and I are a crew. Technically we assume we're part of the Norcal crew, which pretty much doesn't play anymore and only meets up in San Jose. Who wants to play us?

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
thanks ZelgadisQmega and Semantic Scamp

I live in San Jose too (south of downtown san jose) heard of Blossom Hill right? yeah I want to play you and Sam! =)

Is it official that GERM is one of the best or THE best Links in the US?

Bob Money

Smash Ace
hey how many NorcaL guys goin to Moast??

Maybe we can have a greyhound party...LCD screen eh:crazy:

So is Teamscape comin on dec17th? Thats what Geo told me.

Hey Antioch , can u give DBr an Exact date? Cuz If you want maybe we can yall stay the night in Concord or ova in Antioch if day time isnt okay. We wont **** u in your sleep.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
DBR? you hosting another smashfest? fill me in on the dates and info. I have friends that might want to smash. Were not really a crew or anything so yeah my AIM is Volroth27.

Drontier

Smash Rookie
3 Friends that live in the bay area would be interested in playing this christmas break. I don't check this forum a lot, but if you guys are interested or need people to play with, IM my sn: Drontier. We are pretty good compared to the people we play with and haven't really met anyone better. Just trying to look for people taht can beat us so we can improve our game. thanks.

Geo

Smash Ace
OK so let me tell you a story....

I was watching Dodegeball right? Then I get on the hub and I see Zoap and Kwan from The Blue Phoenixs and I'm like hey we are coming to play you on the 17th and they go "what?" so they tell me that DBR is hosting a tourney in Feb and that they didn't know there was gonna be a smashfest on the 17th.

So I'm hella confused and you should be too.

I remember GERM saying he was gonna try to hold a smashfest at his house the Friday before winter break so I got everything ready for a smashfest but now I heard that GERM couldn't hold a smashfest like it was planned.

Soooo....... I have no clue what is going on. Someone please clarify **** up with me.

If GERM can't throw his smashfest then Simna and Ender are working on throwing one here in Sac during winter break, so we kinda have a back up plan.

Just clear things up with me guys what is going on in the next few months.

Oh and I will definetly show up for the DBR tourney in Feb.

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
Yup

its true he is not having one i talked to him already. I might try to have one at my house but i dont knoe if my parents would let me.

Geo

Smash Ace
OK cool, well at least that is out of the way.

Now Simna and Ender are thinking about holding one here in Sac during winter break, do you guys think you could get down here if TeamScape does throw a smashfest?

I think Ender would need an estimate of how many people would show up so if you can come post up and tell us how many people are coming.

Avlin

Smash Cadet
My sparring partner and I were actually thinking of holding a tourney over break. If there's gonna be one, I'd like to go. I live in Palo Alto.

-Sean

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
so GERM ISNT having a smashfest? I never knew it was going to be the 17th either, so this is surprising.

Id like to have a smashfest, and I hope new people can come to it, even though most of you guys live in the bay area.

Now that there isnt going to be one down there for winter vacation, I guess ill start planning the one up here.

The GERM

Smash Ace
ok ok ok ok ok, here's the skibby

We were gonna try to hold a tournament in February, until we found out that MLG SF is on Feb. 29, and I must be crazy if I try to compete with MLG, so instead, I was wondering if we all could hold some nearby smashfests, not just me, but people around the bay area can so we can all get practice in for MLG.

Now, last time, we had around 16 or 17 people at my house for a smashfest with only 4 TV's and limited space but it was big enough. I said that I was gonna TRY to hold a smashfest the friday of the FIRST WEEK OF winter vacation, until Teamscape asked me if they can come down from Sac and play us here in Concord and i agreed to them coming anytime during the winter break, not to a blown at smashfest just yet, but rather just us and them, because them alone are about 10 people and I just don't have enough space in my house for them and more people than last time to come and play comfortably. At the same time we also arranged a date with the Blue Phoenixes from Antioch to go play over there whenever smashmaster0 moves into his new house, but he hasn't really gave me a solid date yet, so if it would happen to fall under the same date as when Teamscape is supposed to come, I'd have to give it to Teamscape, cause they're coming all the way from Sac. Unless us and Teamscape and mabye some of the Daly City guys can come and battle it out at your new house, or if your just down to having a blown out smashfest with anyone invited, that'd be awesome too..

So basically, Teamscape is still on, but If I were to hold a regular smashfest at my house again, we'd have to put about 4 TV's in my garage alone, and you do not want to be in my garage this time of year, you'll freeze your nuts off. So, can ANYBODY hold a smashfest in Daly City or Antioch? Anybody? Because if I absolutely have to, I will after X-mas cause I need some time to smooth my parents out into letting me use the entire house and not just my family room and the garage.

Geo

Smash Ace
OOOooohhhh I see.

Alright thanks for clearing things up GERM. TeamScape will give you a heads up when we plan on heading to Concord.

To the rest of the crews I want to play you too so maybe we could set up a date. I can make a roundtrip from Roseville to pretty much anywhere once a week after Christmas, so if you guys are free just let me know and we will smash it up.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
i would love to have you guys down here in daly to play germ. if we did though it'd be at danny's house. it was pretty good size and i bet we could get like four tv's going. the only problem is, i'm not danny. i'll have to talk to him about it, and i'm sure he'll have to clear things up with his mom. i'll prolly know tomarrow what he says, so i'll keep you guys posted. as of right now i suppose my crew will be operating with four men. we're meeting this weekend too to discuss characters and crew name.

if something happens and we can't play here, i hope we can all work something out to get in the most smash possible.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Originally posted by The GERM
ok ok ok ok ok, here's the skibby

We were gonna try to hold a tournament in February, until we found out that MLG SF is on Feb. 29, and I must be crazy if I try to compete with MLG, so instead, I was wondering if we all could hold some nearby smashfests, not just me, but people around the bay area can so we can all get practice in for MLG.
Just so you know, I am planning my big tournament (Monterey Bay Thunder 5) for Jan. 29 in Soledad, about 80 minutes south of San Jose.

I just saw now about the MLG competitions (f-cking awesome BTW). I'm betting that a lot of the people who will go to MBT5 will likely play in the San Francisco MLG, so they'll look at my tournament as a form of practice.

I'm thinking we could get more than 20 players for my tournament (we had 22 last time), so once I get everything finalized, which should be by next Monday (12/13), then I'll post the things here.

Because it's near MLG, I'll try to keep my fees low (probably under $10). Wow, I'm glad I checked on this thread.

And one more: I'm holding a gathering this Monday (12/13) so you all are invited. Just e-mail me or PM me for directions.

--GCII

Drontier

Smash Rookie
Well, I will be home(bay area, west san jose) from the 11th to the 3rd of break. The only overlapping time that my two friends have with me is between the 23rd and the 3rd. But if you hold events before the 23rd, I'd love to scout and take a look. If any of your tourneys or friendly matches take place between these dates, please message me on AIM: Drontier. Thanks.

Zoap

Smash Master
Yo Germ

Germ, me and Smashmaster0 were thinkin if we do it b4 christmas at his new house it would have to be the 20th,22th or 23rd. #1 cuz 17th-19th up in Tahoe for my Dad B-day.#2 21 is his actual b-day. and #3 dont want to do anything on christmas eve. If these dates dont work for u guys or us then we have till the 31st b4 we have to go back to school. And Teamscape I will talk it over wit my crew in maybe tryin to make ur smashfest. also about maybe a date for a crew battle.

Half of Everything is Luck...The Other Half...FATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom