• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Norcal/Bay Area/ DBR Challenge Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentspectre

Smash Cadet
i might wanna come. i live at san fran so i can take BART to pleasant hill. can u also pick me up along with the others going to the pleasant hill station? u can AIM me on silentspectre62.

GOKUZEN

Smash Rookie
DC

Hey I live in Daly City, maybe we can get a showdown sometime at SF State or something. I've only played against 4 really above average players, and i pretty much own them all the time, so I'm really looking to be owned. someone please own me, i need a lesson in ownage.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
ok so its like 7 now and I have some people to meet up with and hopefully they show up too. We are all coming in one group and will call you GERM when we arrive.

Me
Jing
Largo

MAYBE mitchel
MAYBE ken (another friend)
MAYBE Joseph
MAYBE STeven
and MAYBE some other guy shoot i forgot his name

and man its a mess for us I can almost never get a clear yes or no from them and all this last minute ****. ok well lets see what happens...

The GERM

Smash Ace
Gooooooood Sh**

Man that was a fun smashfest, hopefully we can have even more people next time. I think I counted about 16 people including us, which is **** good for a smashfest, I don't even think that many people show up at Skypals in WA....Thanx to Kurtis, Mitchell, Largo, Steven, Joseph, Ken, and the rest of you crazy asians for showing up, I don't think I've ever been around so many asians in my life, lol, all you guys are really good at smash and toooo cool to hang with, China Town's most wanted baby. Also, thanx to Sheradin(hope I spelled it right) for showing up from Santa Cruz, sweet Jiggs man, next time bring a friend or 5....

Also thanx to Zelgadis for coming up with the idea and running the super improvised round robin teams tournament at the smashfest. Even though it was kinda last minute it ran really smoothly. This time there was no money involved but next time, it'll be for some dinero. I think there were 8 teams in total, here are the top 4 placings....

1. DBR - Germ & Mike Nasty (West Coast Bombers)
2. DBR - Zelgadis & Perpetual Zero (El Vanilla Diablo)
3. DBR - Clod-Zero & Bob Money (Date ****)
4. SF - Nekubis & Mitchell (China Town's Most Wanted)

Honestly, El Vanilla Diablo shoulda won, haha. They ***** us the first two matches of the set, then me and Mike Nasty just turned up the heat and came back 3 in a row. But it happens, look at the Yankees, they were up 3 games in a row in the Championship and needed one more to win, then the Red Sox just came back and won 4 games straight, whadayagonnado?.....

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Re: DC

Originally posted by GOKUZEN
Hey I live in Daly City, maybe we can get a showdown sometime at SF State or something. I've only played against 4 really above average players, and i pretty much own them all the time, so I'm really looking to be owned. someone please own me, i need a lesson in ownage.
hey man i live in Daly too. me and my roommate both have been looking for some people to play here. when i get back home i'll get your screen name and we can set up a day to play. i'm sure if you're looking for some ownage we can deal you some :) haha. but yeah dude i'll definately hit you up in about two days or so.

also GERM, i hope you're still up for playing next weekend 'cause me and my roommate kicked some @$$ here in our hometown, and we're looking to broaden our horizons.

hope everybody had an awesome smash-filled thanksgiving. see ya.

Geo

Smash Ace
Germ when do you think you'll have the next Smashfest? I'll come for sure and I'll try and bring a friend or two and I'll convince TeamScape to come.

What about that tournament you guys were trying to set up? Maybe we should do bi weeklies to raise some money.

Oh Zelgadis we simply must play when I get up there. Fox dittos are fun.

You too Clod, I love Falcon dittos.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Originally posted by Nephilim
Germ when do you think you'll have the next Smashfest? I'll come for sure and I'll try and bring a friend or two and I'll convince TeamScape to come.

What about that tournament you guys were trying to set up? Maybe we should do bi weeklies to raise some money.

Oh Zelgadis we simply must play when I get up there. Fox dittos are fun.

You too Clod, I love Falcon dittos.
That all sounds good, but you make me jealous, Nephilim. Do you know how hard it is for me to find a ditto match? ^_^

BTZO

Smash Cadet
Re: Gooooooood Sh**

Originally posted by The GERM
Man that was a fun smashfest, hopefully we can have even more people next time. I think I counted about 16 people including us, which is **** good for a smashfest, I don't even think that many people show up at Skypals in WA....Thanx to Kurtis, Mitchell, Largo, Steven, Joseph, Ken, and the rest of you crazy asians for showing up, I don't think I've ever been around so many asians in my life, lol, all you guys are really good at smash and toooo cool to hang with, China Town's most wanted baby. Also, thanx to Sheradin(hope I spelled it right) for showing up from Santa Cruz, sweet Jiggs man, next time bring a friend or 5....
Wow! sounds like it was pretty good I wish our team could've showed up. We didn't have like any way to get down there though. When do you think the next smashfest will be? We will try our best to make it to the next one. Wow Sheridan showed up!? He was in our last melee league, but he got 2nd place next to my friend Tony. He mostly kinda lost though, because his Jigglypuff does really bad against Sheik's. It wasn't like that in our match though, he beat my Sheik, but whatever I am switching characters anyway.

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
Sup Germ

I want to play you. I live in Antioch, CA, I am about 20-30 mins away from concord. Me and my friends also have a crew called the blue phoenxies. In about 4 weeks or so i might have a smash tournament at my new house. My best character is ganondorf and marth, i can't decide but i think it is marth. If you got aim or something just holla, my aim is smashfreak4ever, later

The GERM

Smash Ace
Re: Sup Germ

Originally posted by smashmaster0
I want to play you. I live in Antioch, CA, I am about 20-30 mins away from concord. Me and my friends also have a crew called the blue phoenxies. In about 4 weeks or so i might have a smash tournament at my new house. My best character is ganondorf and marth, i can't decide but i think it is marth. If you got aim or something just holla, my aim is smashfreak4ever, later
yeUH, all of DBR will definately be at your tournament if you have one. How many people in your crew? we can crew battle at your tournament yo. Antioch isn't far at all, we can definately smash on the regular. Just Let me know how many people are in your crew, what their names are, board names if they have one, and which characters they play with. We're always down for a good ol' fashioned crew battle......

ZelgadisQmega

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that smashfest was too good. Teams was **** fun, maybe next time we'll do DSR :-p Germ and Nasty deserved it though, Nasty knows how to avoid those tippers!!! It wont be the same next time ;)...

We should try to smash with you Antioch guys sometime in the close future before your smash tourney. Bob Money is comin up with a place for us to rent too, so we should see a few smash tourney's soon.

PS: To everyone one of you stupid people who say link sucks, go eff off. Link is too good!..It might just be GERM, but ya never know....

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
yeah Germ it really was fun and I had no problem geting ****** up by your link =) My friends will start to play more teams especially team attack on. i hope I can get Jeff and his crew to come next time n_n

also bob money is very good at egde gaurding -.-

The GERM

Smash Ace
Aznspikes128:.......no you won't

Nekurbis: Bob money is toooo good with the back A's.

Zelgadis: The guy from Antioch, smashmaster0, said there is a Fox in his crew....uh oh <.< >.>. and he also said that there is ALSO 6 people in his crew.....double uh oh <.< >.>. AND a Samus, TRIPLE UH OH!!........Crew battle baby, it's on like Donkey Kong.

azn_danny

Smash Cadet
yo i live in the san fran area, i mostly use shiek and falcon. If ur havin a smashfest, count me in, just tell me when and where. peace.

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
danny...did u go to sf vgames?

GERM...once my crew of around 5 learns to l cancel...and and wavedash...we will dominate all. You too Nekurbis.

The GERM

Smash Ace
You know what would be a good idea? A three way crew tournament, If you guys from Teamscape are from the bay, it could be DBR vs. Teamscape vs. Blue Phoenixes vs. any other crews. But just so it's clear, no crew in Norcal is beating DBR......

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Sam and I could beat you all by ourselves....

....with Isai.

Link sucks.

The GERM

Smash Ace
To everyone reading this, DO NOT money match Scamp EVAR, this mother is toooooo d*** good. Whenever I see his Peach or his Sheik in action, i ponder to myself "Isai who?!" Then I wonder how can such a fine specimen such as Scamp, a soldier soly bred for smash destruction, get dead last at every tournament he enters.......one of life's many inquaries...hehehe, love you Dave. Take a break from College for a second, grab you're sibling Sam, take a number, and just wait for the ****** like everyone else eh?

And yes...Link sux.....

Semantic Scamp

Smash Rookie
To everyone reading this, DO NOT money match Scamp EVAR, this mother is toooooo d*** good. Whenever I see his Peach or his Sheik in action, i ponder to myself "Isai who?!" Then I wonder how can such a fine specimen such as Scamp, a soldier soly bred for smash destruction, get dead last at every tournament he enters.......one of life's many inquaries...hehehe, love you Dave. Take a break from College for a second, grab you're sibling Sam, take a number, and just wait for the ****** like everyone else eh?

And yes...Link sux.....
Oh man, do we need some grammar work here...

I mean, don't even get me STARTED on all the misspellings like "EVAR" which are popular because of the internet. But you get bonus points for putting your punctuations inside of the quotation marks.

When you ponder to yourself, you still need to capitalize a single I.

Soly = Solely.

Inquary = Inquiry.

Not dead last, but right in the middle. Somehow I always manage to end up directly in the middle. Except for teams, of course.

Oh, and you're means you are. Your as in your object is spelled y-o-u-r. And yore means time long past.

Links sucks.
College sucks.

If Link went to college Hyrule would be doomed.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Semantic Scamp, HAHAHA. Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Trebor was telling me about that, study of grammatical technicallity right? or some ****e........I had no idea you can be a professional proofreader, good deal.......

Final Fox

Smash Rookie
I think we Fox players can all agree on sumthing with link, here goes...

During a battle... your standing next to link. he does that up B fire spin thingy. You put up your shield... BUT!!!! You immediatly drop the shield...thinking it does not matter since the first wave of the attack missed right?...Wrong!!! It hits you!!! because of the lag!!!

ARRRRGGGGG!!!! OMGSSBM!!!

My worst nightmare... BTZo will agree im sure.

azn_danny

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by aznspikes128
danny...did u go to sf vgames?

GERM...once my crew of around 5 learns to l cancel...and and wavedash...we will dominate all. You too Nekurbis.
Nah but i went to mlg san fran. I live in daly city, and i heard thers suppose to be a whole crew that lived here, but i dont know them.

BTZO

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Final Fox
I think we Fox players can all agree on sumthing with link, here goes...

During a battle... your standing next to link. he does that up B fire spin thingy. You put up your shield... BUT!!!! You immediatly drop the shield...thinking it does not matter since the first wave of the attack missed right?...Wrong!!! It hits you!!! because of the lag!!!

ARRRRGGGGG!!!! OMGSSBM!!!

My worst nightmare... BTZo will agree im sure.
Yes, you always get torn up by Links. Oh hey we need to go up to the next gathering so we can show them who the best norcal team really is... :p Just playin, we'd get beat hellza fast.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
That is pretty close, but are you okay with making an hour commute?

I mean...it would be a bit odd to have a member that we only play with on a few occassions.

Geo lives about...20 minutes away from the rest of us. We don't play smash with him as often as we should.

Now that I think about it we don't usually plan our get togethers...its usually someone calls someone else and stuff happens on that day...

Maybe we can start planning ahead and posting the plans on a thread here, so you guys know what's going on...

...yeah...I think I'll do that.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Yeah. Get on that.

We need a big norcal tourney. Over christmas vacation might be a good time.

The GERM

Smash Ace
azn_danny, you went to MLG SF? who was in your pool when we did the round robin in the beginning?

TO EVERYONE: I will try my hardest to host another smashfest at my house the Friday of the week you high school people get out for winter vacation. Unless someone esle can who has a bigger house or just more space cause I have a feeling A LOT more people are gonna show up than last time. And it's getting colder and colder everyday and freezing my balls off in my garage doesn't sound too fun......

BTZO: you got a crew? or did you mean just you and Final Fox? It doesn't really matter, bring that sh** on mane.

PS: If DBR were to hold an actual BIG norcal tournament, where we'd actually have a place rented out, we'd prolly make it sometime in February to get it hyped and have some out of staters....

malva00

Smash Master
I had a dream that I was in Concord at Pam's house and I posted here saying "I'm in Concord come play".

The GERM

Smash Ace
you don't like the smell of gasoline?

Isai, that's weird, I just had a dream that I was at your house in San Jose and your mom was making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for all of us and I said "i'm in San Jose come play"

azn_danny

Smash Cadet
azn_danny, you went to MLG SF? who was in your pool when we did the round robin in the beginning?
I played this shiek,pretty good(forgot his name but he was barefoot),
another shiek but he kinda seemed like he didnt play smash much
and a samus, i think his name was diablo or sumthin, he came with his mom and kept spamming missiles, and killed my falcon
then there was this dude named largo, mitchell's friend, who also used shiek. >< dont know how i lost to him cuz i beat his shiek with my falcon but lost when i used shiek. and i think thats it.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
then there was this dude named largo, mitchell's friend, who also used shiek. >< dont know how i lost to him cuz i beat his shiek with my falcon but lost when i used shiek. and i think thats it.
yeah well its seems that your main is falcon and you were just trying your shiek out against him. i think the best asset largo has is that he just plays smart but then again ditto matches have the wierdest outcomes because its all about mind games and how you present yourself when playing.

malva00

Smash Master
Originally posted by azn_danny
I played this shiek,pretty good(forgot his name but he was barefoot)
LOL he played Jeremy from Washington. Someone stole his shoes many months back at some tournament and he went "gahh!" so he's been barefoot since then. Except when some food place told him he couldn't come in so the washington guys found flippers for him so they would let him in. Usually he'll have his pants covering his bare feet as he walks.

Anyways, GERM you're not telling the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom