• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Norcal/Bay Area/ DBR Challenge Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
No, i believe DBR is challenging in this thread.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
The GERM said:
Even if you're not living in the bay area but are still in Northern California, please feel free to post any challenges, accept challenges, or just discuss any topic at hand........
10characters

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
This thread is about me because you apparently thought it was about me.

Im totally okay with that.

sidefx

Smash Champion
hey guys, so .. why are you all posting in this thread, go use the ncb thread instead. this thread should die so leave it alone so it fades away again and use the ncb thread instead

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
because its a landmark thread one of the first made by DBR. we want to look back on this thread in nostalgia and not see a bunch of ****ty noob posts in here.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
because its a landmark thread one of the first made by DBR. we want to look back on this thread in nostalgia and not see a bunch of ****ty noob posts in here.
I think all the posts after this one should be deleted (including this one), and that the thread should be closed with this post as last.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
You act like you have to read out post. Heres a thought, dont.

You also act like everyone shares your sentiments. Some people who have posted in this thread might not even know who DBR are, and of course that defeats the whole purpose of nostalgia. Not to mention, some people STILL arent going to look back on this thread and think "Hey, this is a DBR thread. They were f***ing awesome!"

Even though I do agree this thread is very nostalgic, you could've been a tad bit nicer.

But hey, im of course a noob in your eyes.

pockyD

Smash Legend
lol @ nicer

can't believe people want their hands held on a message board - it's just better to get your point across in the simplest way possible than to pussyfoot around trying to worry about random peoples' feelings

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I didnt say I wanted my hand held, but if you're volunteering, then I'd be glad to find you.

And the nice request was pure sarcasm. I could care less, its just the elitist attitude is such a turn off.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
You act like you have to read out post. Heres a thought, dont.

You also act like everyone shares your sentiments. Some people who have posted in this thread might not even know who DBR are, and of course that defeats the whole purpose of nostalgia. Not to mention, some people STILL arent going to look back on this thread and think "Hey, this is a DBR thread. They were f***ing awesome!"

Even though I do agree this thread is very nostalgic, you could've been a tad bit nicer.

But hey, im of course a noob in your eyes.
I hope you do realize DBR is one of the reasons that there are as many smashers as there are right now.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I hope you do realize DBR is one of the reasons that there are as many smashers as there are right now.
What about anything I've said makes you think I dontlike DBR, or that I dont hold them in the highest values, because I do. Hella is the main reason I started playing peach.

All I was saying was, I like DBR, you like DBR, the like DBR. However, some people arent going to find this thread nostalgic, and us making/accepting challenges shouldnt disturb people THAT badly.

sidefx

Smash Champion
just use the ncb thread... no one even goes on this thread anyways.. everyone in norcal basically posts in that thread, or on aib.

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, why do you guys give a **** if we use this thread to set up challenges?
Its really hard to find people who are down to play melee, this is the first time in a while that I have found good players who are down to meet up.
Oh and for a thread that no one goes on it sure its getting a lot of posts.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
well we kinda already explained why we dont want people posting in this thread. its YEARS old let it rest in peace.

When we have all of norcals business in one thread (the ncb thread) things can spread more efficiently, and we become that much less like socal (who makes a thread when they have a good meal, or if they heard a joke.) I really hope you just say ok so we can all move on instead of having to argue about this.

Smot

Smash Apprentice
I can see what your saying, but the ncb thread seemed more oriented toward setting up a specific brawl tournament, and this is the only thread that has had player with in a reasonable distance of me who are interested in melee.
This thread was created to find players in your area to play melee with, and its still good at doing that. Every other thread I havr made trying to find player has gotta jack **** in the ways of attention, I guess DBR is a good eye catcher. It would be nice if there was separate Norcal melee thread and Norcal Brawl thread.

sidefx

Smash Champion
well basically everyone who plays melee AND brawl in norcal reads the ncb thread. both of them.. not just brawl.. but melee as well.

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Im sure they all play melee but it doesn't seem like they are interested in meeting new people to play it with, and that is how this thread started, its seems appropriate to keep it going. I dno maybe that just the feeling Im getting.

Shroomed

Smash Master
why is it such a big deal which thread we use to make and accept challenges? as long as the challenges are being made and accepted which is what the thread was made for iono wat the problem is.........

btw anyone wanna hook up sometime and play some melee? crew battles anyone?

kamekasu

Smash Ace
why is it such a big deal which thread we use to make and accept challenges? as long as the challenges are being made and accepted which is what the thread was made for iono wat the problem is.........

btw anyone wanna hook up sometime and play some melee? crew battles anyone?
Why does it matter? Because this is a historic thread. Nobody will want to hook up and play Melee with you if you desecrate this sacred area. Use the NCB thread. It's not difficult, just click on "NCB: Nor Cal Nevers."

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Dajuan, Tommy, just go ahead and move to the NCB thread. Shut up and stop posting please.

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Why does it matter? Because this is a historic thread. Nobody will want to hook up and play Melee with you if you desecrate this sacred area. Use the NCB thread. It's not difficult, just click on "NCB: Nor Cal Nevers."
Sorry for defacing DBRs holy thread.
Whoa is me. WHAT HAVE I DONE!

Ok Im done just needed to get in the last word. I wont post any more.

oh and I already another person because of THIS thread... so good point.
Sorry I turn into a jack *** when I post on forums. Wow did it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom