• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The NNID Sharing Thread: Find opponents here!-

Bob

Banned via Warnings
We need to establish some kind of order here. We need to set a schedule of some kind.

Assuming the primary timezones here are Eastern and Pacific, a list will be constructed of "recommended" times to look for a battle. I will list them in "waves"

Please notify me if these times are inaccurate, as there are apparently situational variants for both
-
If there is a timezone relevant to you which has not been represented, notify me so I can add it to the list.

Wave 1
9:00 AM EST / 6:00 AM PT
10:00 AM EST / 7:00 AM PT
11:00 AM EST / 8:00 AM PT
12:00 AM EST / 9:00 AM PT
-
Wave 2
4:00 PM EST / 1:00 PM PT
5:00 PM EST / 2:00 PM PT
6:00 PM EST / 3:00 PM PT
7:00 PM EST / 4:00 PM PT
8:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM PT
9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PT
10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PT

These are the most probable times for people to be on, and this schedule will serve as a collective reference for when to search for battles. This ensures that people aren't logging on at random times when players aren't likely to appear, and following this schedule will ensure a more convenient and pleasurable experience for all players.

JaredK22

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jrdkilr22
3DS FC
2664-2858-9403
Switch FC
SW-1079-9038-3317
We need to establish some kind of order here. We need to set a schedule of some kind.

Assuming the primary timezones here are Eastern and Pacific, a list will be constructed of "recommended" times to look for a battle. I will list them in "waves"

Please notify me if these times are inaccurate, as there are apparently situational variants for both
-
If there is a timezone relevant to you which has not been represented, notify me so I can add it to the list.

Wave 1
9:00 AM EST / 6:00 AM PT
10:00 AM EST / 7:00 AM PT
11:00 AM EST / 8:00 AM PT
12:00 AM EST / 9:00 AM PT
-
Wave 2
4:00 PM EST / 1:00 PM PT
5:00 PM EST / 2:00 PM PT
6:00 PM EST / 3:00 PM PT
7:00 PM EST / 4:00 PM PT
8:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM PT
9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PT
10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PT

These are the most probable times for people to be on, and this schedule will serve as a collective reference for when to search for battles. This ensures that people aren't logging on at random times when players aren't likely to appear, and following this schedule will ensure a more convenient and pleasurable experience for all players.
I like this idea, but this may not be seen whence the page advances so this may not get noticed in the future. But if people follow this time thing I'm sure that won't matter after a while.

Also, anyone wanna Smash

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I like this idea, but this may not be seen whence the page advances so this may not get noticed in the future. But if people follow this time thing I'm sure that won't matter after a while.

Also, anyone wanna Smash
I'll play against you again
I think I need to re add you though

JaredK22

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jrdkilr22
3DS FC
2664-2858-9403
Switch FC
SW-1079-9038-3317
I'll play against you again
I think I need to re add you though
NNID is Jrdkilr22 if you don't have it anymore

Edit: Those were some intense matches. I kinda started falling off at the end, whether it was due to phone calls or because I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have. GGs regardless of my true Johns

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
NNID is Jrdkilr22 if you don't have it anymore
Good games
You stopped my landings a lot and made me play defensive
I'm not a big fan of the MarthCina ditto but since the last time we played and my secondaries got bodied I wanted to play all Lucina.

JaredK22

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jrdkilr22
3DS FC
2664-2858-9403
Switch FC
SW-1079-9038-3317
Good games
You stopped my landings a lot and made me play defensive
I'm not a big fan of the MarthCina ditto but since the last time we played and my secondaries got bodied I wanted to play all Lucina.
Yeah, I wasn't playing right at the end of our matches, but I had nothing to do over that. Looking forward to more games

Bob

Banned via Warnings

Also, anyone wanna Smash
That was something that concerned me as well; since everything that exists in general threads happens in a vacuum, eventually, it will get "absorbed." For this, I have two possible solutions;

1. Repost this comment on every page for ease of viewing.
2. Request the OP add it to their initial post.

This wouldn't be without risks, though; The first one is (possibly) subject to infraction points, as it could theoretically be branded as "spamming", and the second one is improbable, as the thread creator doesn't seem to view this thread anymore.

I am, however, willing to risk the first one. If I get infractions points by the moderators, I will simply explain my case and hope they understand that this is a service to the community.

You do bring up an interesting point, though; if this becomes habit, the schedule would exist within the individual, rather than on a single post on a lost page.

Perhaps there could exist a "service", or "sticky" feature for posts. The criteria should strictly be that they service the community (versus useless joke posts) and/or allow the community a more convenient experience, and once those posts receive service/sticky status, appear as the first post of every subsequent page.
Selection could be based on moderators/administrators, and/or, a vote from the people which then gets confirmed by moderators/administrators for alignment with the terms. This would remedy nigh all situations of important posts falling into the vacuum, save for cases where multiple posts hold significance, but there could be a "highlights" section with references to specific posts for that.

I can envision the success of at least one of these plans (schedule), however, all of them are possible to implement, and doing so would make Smashboards a more enjoyable experience for all members involved.

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Yep I am, and its been a while.
Good games DAS.
Sorry for the lag I could tell it was messing you up.
You showed me a lot of my bad habits those matches and your advantage is extremely scary, I had to retreat to the ledge almost every time.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Good games DAS.
Sorry for the lag I could tell it was messing you up.
You showed me a lot of my bad habits those matches and your advantage is extremely scary, I had to retreat to the ledge almost every time.
GGS too HYP3R the lag did tilt me plenty, but it was more likely from my end. My connection has been acting up lately. You definitely been improving though. I notice you going for more reads. You got me good.

I can't tell if Lucina is your main, but nice job. Thanks for the matches.

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
GGS too HYP3R the lag did tilt me plenty, but it was more likely from my end. My connection has been acting up lately. You definitely been improving though. I notice you going for more reads. You got me good.

I can't tell if Lucina is your main, but nice job. Thanks for the matches.
Yeah I main Lucina now, I remember I told you I learned how to play her for spacing properly and I've just been sticking with her.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
Is anyone down to play some Brawl? Seems like a forgotten game at this point, but it should be enjoyable.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
I will send you a friend request. I am the Hamburger. If the friend request says "Hamburger", then it's me.

Edit: Did you get it?

Update: Hosting

Last edited:

Bob

Banned via Warnings
You're quite good yourself! I really got carried away as Falcon, and I was honestly afraid I was going to lose :bee:

Edit: You didn't like that Custom Stage?

Last edited:

Bob

Banned via Warnings
Turns out. I am my own downfall :(

Your spacing is nothing short of perfection.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
That was too close! Nice Cloud!

Last edited:

AN0RAK

Smash Rookie
aight man imma hit the sack. good games. have any advice?

and thanks!!

Last edited:

Bob

Banned via Warnings
aight man imma hit the sack. good games. have any advice?
GGs. Try to be more aggressive, and don't roll as much. If you want to defend, use Dash-Cancelled Shield, or Jump away.
Improving your reads also helps as well.

Regardless, you still did very good, and that Cloud match truly had me worried! Goodnight, and Good Games!

Last edited:

Bob

Banned via Warnings
GGs. Your neutral needs some work, but besides from that, your game was pretty solid.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
Good games.
Please be more specific.
Upon getting stage control, you'd typically attempt a Neutral-B or Side-B as Bowser (which never worked). Fair, Up-Smash, and a baited Grab -> Uair work best for those situations. Spamming Dair and Down-Special at the ledge also got predictable, which eventually costed you a stock in certain cases.

Only use those moves when you're certain your opponent won't anticipate it. Otherwise, that leaves players ample time to punish his landing lag.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Upon getting stage control, you'd typically attempt a Neutral-B or Side-B as Bowser (which never worked). Fair, Up-Smash, and a baited Grab -> Uair work best for those situations. Spamming Dair and Down-Special at the ledge also got predictable, which eventually costed you a stock in certain cases.

Only use those moves when you're certain your opponent won't anticipate it. Otherwise, that leaves players ample time to punish his landing lag.
Oh, I thought you'd say something about my Lucina. I mainly just use Bowser for fun, but thanks for the advice anyway.

Top Bottom