• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo World Smash Trailer

D

Deleted member

It's still too early to comment on 'advanced moves'. It's in development and could change.

Nintendo's hit it on the head. If they keep releasing trailer snipets, then every gamer under the sun will buy this game! Anyone notice the addition to the theme song?

I can't wait to see how Marth's coming along.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
Hmm, some people are complaining about the characters running.
<_< Pikachu was crawling and Link was merely walking in the first scenes
Later on in the vid, you see both characters charging at full speed.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hmm, some people are complaining about the characters running.
<_< Pikachu was crawling and Link was merely walking in the first scenes
Later on in the vid, you see both characters charging at full speed.
Where was Pika running? What time/ part?

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
It looks like comboing is much easier now. Since the combo/drill system has reverted to the 64 style now they stay in the drill/type combo. Did you see in the beginning how Mario did his DownB with Link staying in the whirlwind? This may see that Fox may become weaker with combos since he only has his Dair as a drill attack but he looks pretty light and quick, as always.
I bet Snake has a 2 part to his forward smash, like Link, first is a knee then a hammer down with his hands like in the video. This is so exciting!!!! I wonder if Zamus will be better than Shiek.
Did you see the range/hitbox of Pikachus down smash!?? ****it that looks killer!
Fox's taunt is still the same "Come on!" you can see it at the end.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
Wow this looks exciting, and I'm glad I can start to see how Snake will be attacking. :ohwell: I had the hardest team imagining it before, but this really helps.

parrothead

Smash Lord
After watching that second trailer, I have a feeling telling me that the looks of the SSBB characters (excluding Solid Snake) will be based on their most recent looks. If Little Mac (or just "Mac") enters, his look would be mostly based on the blonde-haired boxer from the SNES Super Punch-Out!!, which is presumed by many to be the remake of Little Mac. If the blonde-haired boxer (which I prefer to call him "Mac") enters, then I would put my fist in the air and yell out "RIGHT ON!".

If most of you still don't believe what my feeling is telling me, then let me tell most of you another thing about it:

Nintendo doesn't want the fans opinions, like "Change 3D Mario into 8-Bit Mario, because I want SSBB to be completely full of nostalgia!" nor "Remove every obscure character and every character from titles exclusive in Japan, America, and Europe, because many people don't know them!"

Nintendo using the SNES look of Little Mac (or just "Mac") instead of the NES look in EA's Fight Night Round 2, is the same kind of reason why they decided to change Marth from his look in the first image, to his look in the second image:

Image 1
Image 2

Like most characters' (even Pit's look, which is based on his GB and SNES (cancelled)) looks, Marth's SSBM look (and perhaps his SSBB look) is also a remade version of his most recent look, which looks like this.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I just watched the trailer right now and I'm impressed with it. Mario still has the fair, tornado, etc. but what about the cape...?

Mario Kart stage = awesome

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I was thinking about making a wallpaper showing all the newcomers so far, but I don't know if anybody would actually want to see it. but for the vid, man, my friend is gonna be SO happy to see fox come back. Personally I want marth. but if not marth, hector FTW! and if by SOME slim chance those 2 don't make it. Looks like Metaknight will be my main.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
I just watched the trailer right now and I'm impressed with it. Mario still has the fair, tornado, etc. but what about the cape...?

Mario Kart stage = awesome
i think he caped once in the trailer (yep, at like 17 seconds in the video)

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Mario Kart Stage is awesome, Yoshi's Island stage is AWESOME! I like how the game looks, I don't mind if it's a little more like smash 64 as long as it still has the old moves and everything. Samus looks good, she has more close range attacks than the regular Samus and she's faster so I will want to use her! Snakes moves looked a bit like Captain falcon but It still looks like the right moves for him, and the rocket was cool. I want to see Luigi!

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
Looks like there are tilt combos, see snake do A,A,A and then he does a tilt A, tilt A for a two hit combo...

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
Press down twice to do the crawl, however, crawling only works on certain characters. For instance Link cannot crawl but snake, pika, wario can. Sort of like how only certain characters in melee can walljump.
Who can't wall jump?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
It's worth noting that I think Wario's moves have the jerky animations. That explains why it looked like cancelling.

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but they had no real significance other then sometimes carrying food, these ones can hurt you. :laugh:

You have any idea how many times i've been saved by those flying shy guys? They take up momentum from being thrown into them, they absorb projectiles o.0

Eaode

Smash Champion
Has anyone else noticed that when Kirby kills with the Usmash, the opponents don't get star KO'ed, but treat the ceiling as a regular blast wall?

I don't think DI has been reset to SSB64. This is a trailer, they want to make the combos look cool, so people stay in the drill kicks lol.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Has anyone else noticed that when Kirby kills with the Usmash, the opponents don't get star KO'ed, but treat the ceiling as a regular blast wall?

I don't think DI has been reset to SSB64. This is a trailer, they want to make the combos look cool, so people stay in the drill kicks lol.
I did notice that. Honestly, I think it'll be changed in time for the final cut of the game. I mean, even SSB64 had`star KOs.

What I didn't like was Wario's jerky animation. WTF? Why would he move like that? I can't think of a single game that included him like that.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
*ahem*

they didn't show bowser.

wario's bair looks like bowser's bair.

crouching is kewl *imagines bowser's crouch* CUUUUUUTE!

ya... boozer cute and the rest

i got no bowser here

cb_marth

Smash Ace
maybe they will make a level based upon crawling. or target test usage of crawling. for in game play, probably for dodging high attacks.
Hmm I agree with you. Some good idea's there, I think that they will use the crawling for sometype of dodgeing.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Can anyone identify what is cralling behind Snake at the 1:32 mark?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Oh wow, it really is, it looked like some weird 4 legged beast to me, thanks >.>;

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Loved the trailer personaly.
BTW Wario does a frame-by-frame movement, but its not as much as G&W. When he crouches he m,oves normally, and has diffenent speeds when scratches his butt and in his normal standing position. Its weird, like he's trying to do this.

Top Bottom