• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo World Smash Trailer

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
It hasn't been mentioned yet, but a few people were wondering what the snow level was and it's clearly the Yoshi's Island level in its winter season. Seeing as how we saw the level go from summer to fall, I assume that clip with pika is in winter.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Same here the new trailer was awsome. I love the look of the new levels they look really cool. I also noticed Mario had a lot of his old moves which is cool, they are going to give the characters a lot of their old moves which is good to see. I also like the way the gameplay looks. Also seeing Fox and I think his new level looks awsome. They made Fox look more darker though, he looks more evil ha-ha.

Chaos Samus

Smash Cadet
That was ****ing awesome, now i ant wait to play. But i have a question we now know marcus mcloud will be in there,but will fox, and falco come back?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
It hasn't been mentioned yet, but a few people were wondering what the snow level was and it's clearly the Yoshi's Island level in its winter season. Seeing as how we saw the level go from summer to fall, I assume that clip with pika is in winter.
... It has been mentioned before. By me. But never mind.
I showed the video to my friend and the first thing he said when he saw Wario was:' Wow, it's G&W!'. I really don't like that ******** way of walking/attacking. I hope that they were just busy with making Wario's moves but did want to show it in the video; but I doubt that will be true...

DokturSea

Smash Lord
What? Hmmm? Do...do all the returning characters have the same moves? But...you guys kept going on about how they were "being totally rebuilt"...funny...I guess that makes me right that they WILL keep all their old moves AND Link is NOT "Twilight Princess" Link. He's just Link, with attacks from his assorted games. BOO-YAH.

Yay. Fox.

It bugs me how all the returning characters were from the original. I wanna know if some of the Melee characters are in or not...

Zink

Smash Champion
What? Hmmm? Do...do all the returning characters have the same moves? But...you guys kept going on about how they were "being totally rebuilt"...funny...I guess that makes me right that they WILL keep all their old moves
Odd assertion, considering we neither stated they would be totally revamped nor have we seen all movesets.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sure there were no shields, but there was also no percentages. I think the shields were taken out to show off the graphics and models. I am sure they will make a return.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sure there were no shields, but there was also no percentages. I think the shields were taken out to show off the graphics and models. I am sure they will make a return.
Agreed
Whats getting me is when its coming out. It could be summer 2007 as they have made great progress and have an engien, but they only have 10 characters done so far. The other thing is are there characters who are heavily under development, and couldn't be shown. All I can guess is it will come between June-November.

Black/Light

Smash Master
What? Hmmm? Do...do all the returning characters have the same moves? But...you guys kept going on about how they were "being totally rebuilt"...funny...I guess that makes me right that they WILL keep all their old moves AND Link is NOT "Twilight Princess" Link. He's just Link, with attacks from his assorted games. BOO-YAH.
. . . .Thats odd, seeing as Link wasn't doing much in this trailer to begin with (he was the whip n bag this time). And if you look closely, you will see that they changed his up B some and some people think they improved his bow. . .thats different to the last trailer with shows that these trailers don't reflect the final game.

And that is TP Link. . . .:ohwell:

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I hope it comes out sometime in the late 2007's, because it does look like it needs alot of work.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
I think the characters should just keep blocking until they start stuggling and sweating or something then their sheild breaks and they get stunned like before

As for percents im not sure...there annoying to see but they help you in knowing which attacks to do at certain ranges of percents!!

Black/Light

Smash Master
See, that's the thing about Wario. I don't think he's finished yet, but Nintendo had to show him as he'd already been announced.
Im pretty sure they put ALOT of thought into that. . . .I think it fits him well.

And releasedate? I stand by late Spring - early Fall. But we can't say how much they have done now seeing as they only showed us what they wanted to show us.

The ReX

Smash Rookie
Mario Ko'd the **** out of snake at -1:41- in the trailer....
I enjoyed every millisecond of it over and over and over and......
I am goin to watch it again lol

adonnis85

Smash Apprentice
on the level with breakable platforms there are platforms under the ones that break. my guess it that you cant fall through the original platforms but you can go through the platforms(dust clouds) underneath

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hey, like cartman and the wii!

anyways, the music was awesome. i am guessing it might be the final destination music, as that level in melee had the same song from the main theme, just done diffrently. or was it battlefield?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm very glad they didn't use Assault fox. I also like the chunky sound effects for hits :)

Cool to see stadium is back. Zamus has sheik tilts T_T

Mario's Fair changed. Hits Pika away at the start but strangely sends Kirby downward towards the end of the animation.

Thankies for link!
Are you crazy? They used Command Fox, the worse Fox yet! They should have used Assault Fox.

sonofashrub

Smash Apprentice
wario's randomness is probably due to wario ware. I'm sure lots of his moves will be based on wario ware minigames. Or at least inspired by them and their randomness.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
What he meant by TP link is that link is NOT TP-based, it's JUST a skin change.

Crawling is, like, the most ground-based thing there is, so why create a whole new factor when he [sakurai] wants aerial redone?

I'm convinced now that Wario is the comical character, not to be taken seriously, especially because of his lame Bair [Dair?] where he falls on his back, and his walking. But I don't care really, because no one in my group likes him anyway.

vjgyo

Smash Journeyman
That was a cool video. The attacks/smashes look a little overcharged, because it seems like the characters that got attacked went up in the air pretty far.

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
i think they are ditching the L-bubble-block
why?
cuz its gay anyway lol... :) just avoid instead of blocking lol.
think of the possibilities when you hold L in combination with any other keys, you could create a lot of new exciting fast roll-away moves...

Black/Light

Smash Master
What he meant by TP link is that link is NOT TP-based, it's JUST a skin change..
I wish people would stop agrueing this. We have yet to see Link's FULL FINNAL move-set and his Up B and bow have alread changed from the last trailer. . . there for, we can't say rither or not they will change a few moves for him to be more TP link-ish.

Again, that is TP Link. . .

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm okay with Command Fox.

Probably because Nintendo's not going to go weak-sauce on the costumes. There's going to be alot less pallette-swaps, I think. (Dr Mario -> Mario and all.) They'll probably include Melee, Assault, and Command.

On that note, Phazon Suit Samus/Dark Samus for Brawl!

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Though I didn't expect Fox to have Sora-sized feet. It's still awesome that they finally revealed another character after half a year.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Agreed
Whats getting me is when its coming out. It could be summer 2007 as they have made great progress and have an engien, but they only have 10 characters done so far. The other thing is are there characters who are heavily under development, and couldn't be shown. All I can guess is it will come between June-November.
They do not have 10 characters ready, they have only shown us 10 so far. Although, it does look like most of the work they have been doing since may is toward stages not characters.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
This video is live gameplay at the speed of Brawl. Take into consideration the fact that they aren't LCancel or Wavedashing or other advanced speedy techniques.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Also it would seem this roll has almost 0 lag because it looks almost as if he rolls straight off the platform without stopping.

I don't think any wavelanding is going on here.

Speaking of MK in the 2:10ish range.

Not that I think wavedashing is definitely in, but it did definitely look more like WL than teching or rolling. Unless I'm just stupid, [in melee] you can't roll off a platform like that, or tech off one either. (at least not from the near middle of the platform)

Not sure about Wario.

Top Bottom