• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
If you don't want pokerus can I have one? I've never been lucky contracting it >_>
Sure. I'll do the same with you as I am currently doing with TRG, where I'll trade it to you whenever I see you're on. :3

Does pokerus affect super training? I'd assume no since the Macho Brace doesnt.

On a different note, people are getting way too hyped up on poison type in gen 6. It seems like everyone is expecting fairy to be the new Meta despite the fact that outside of maybe 3 fairy pokemon all the others are absolute **** lol.
Just tested Pokerus with Super Training. It doesn't work. It kinda makes me sad, since Pokerus is now seemingly useless for the majority of the people who EV train. Super Training is just fun enough and fast enough to at least make me not want to bother.

I agree about people getting too hype over Poison-types. It's still ****ed in the ass by Steels, and we know that even with their nerf there are still going to be plenty of them going around. Still beating the majority of Dragons and ****ing the brand new counter to Dragons in the ass? I'll take two, please.

Circa I'm getting ready to get online after I finish watching this Heat game so if you're reading this I should be able to trade in a few minutes.
And this is why I hate working the random three days that I do, and the time at which I work. Sorry about not being on. :( I'll be on for the entirety of this afternoon and on through the night though, so if you're available I'll be there.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yup... Time for me to make a Battle Tower team and stock up on bracelets.

EDIT: Thanks Circa! Since I don't have anything worth trading I'm just gonna spam you with O-Powers whenever you're online. :3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently protean froakies aren't as rare as I thought

People are just giving them out over wonder trade

I got 3 yesterday. One of them is Japanese so I'm trying to masuda method for a shiny one

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
People are so nice in the morning time. I got a dratini, larvitar, and an outstanding potential with max spatt/spdef flabebe (was actually not bred or caught in friend safari)

All from Japan too

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll be giving out Protean froakies and solar powered charmanders for a while after I'm done breeding

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
People are so nice in the morning time. I got a dratini, larvitar, and an outstanding potential with max spatt/spdef flabebe (was actually not bred or caught in friend safari)

All from Japan too
Strange. I have my luck in the evening when I play. <.< I got a Japanese Rotom with a Modest nature and perfect Def, SAtk, SDef, and Spe IVs yesterday.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Psycho what's your 3DS FC?
PsychoIncarnate (1): 4570-8032-9548
PsychoIncarnate (2): 4554-0155-5885 (Psychic: Wobuffet, Drowzee)

I have X and Y, I use them on different 3DS's

I'm not sure which code is which though...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I have a quick question for anybody whom has played Pokémon X or Y. Besides exclusive Pokémon, are there any major differences between the two versions? I do not mind spoilers, when it comes to this particular series.

Right now, I am debating on whether I should get Pokémon Y, or wait and see if they will make a Pokémon Z.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
PsychoIncarnate (1): 4570-8032-9548
PsychoIncarnate (2): 4554-0155-5885 (Psychic: Wobuffet, Drowzee)

I have X and Y, I use them on different 3DS's

I'm not sure which code is which though...

Which one will have the Solar Power Charmanders and Protean Froakies? >.>

@above there will undoubtedly be a "Z" version on the way (or maybe even an X and Y direct sequel like they did for Black and White). Deciding on whether you should wait or not strictly depends on how big of a Pokemon fan you are.

D

Deleted member

In case anyone doesn't know, you can now download a patch from the eShop that now fixes the Lumiose City glitch.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I swear there are some Japanese assholes that go searching for Male combee just to give out through wonder trading.

Of ALL the pokemon you could give, THAT is the worst

D

Deleted member

Now, a general question that I want to ask is what would you rather see Game Freak and Nintendo do next with X and Y? Would you rather see them make Pokemon X2 and Y2 much like Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 or would you want to see Pokemon Z?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm following the same problem pattern I have with every generation

I get 2 versions and divide up the pokemon I want the get through them

One version though, Always gets the offensive pokemon and the other gets all defensive pokemon. Completely by accident.

IDK why

D

Deleted member

I'm following the same problem pattern I have with every generation

I get 2 versions and divide up the pokemon I want the get through them

One version though, Always gets the offensive pokemon and the other gets all defensive pokemon. Completely by accident.

IDK why
The issue for me is that I never use defensive Pokemon and I barely use those strategic/defensive moves. I like going all-out offensive.

I really have to invest some time in that...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm kind of wondering if Zygarde will get a new form if an X/Y sequel is made. I'd be surprised if a Mega Zygarde is ever made, as that would surely make it be stronger than Xerneas and Yveltal.

D

Deleted member

I'm kind of wondering if Zygarde will get a new form if an X/Y sequel is made. I'd be surprised if a Mega Zygarde is ever made, as that would surely make it be stronger than Xerneas and Yveltal.
I'm hoping that Game Freak is hiding Mega Stones for certain Pokemon and will distribute them at events. I'm flabbergasted as to why some Pokemon, like Dragonite, don't have one.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm confused why Gallade doesn't have one.

Hopeful that roserade gets one :D

Also some ubers should get megas, mewtwo shouldn't be alone. Mega meeeeeew pls (though not uber anymore...) And mega other starters.

Mega Lugia/Ho-Oh would be boss

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It seems the reason for why only certain Pokemon have mega evolutions is due to their overall popularity. That might explain why Gallade doesn't have a mega evolution.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized why the Psuedo legendary of this game evolves from a snail

Because of escargot

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've caught a Mewtwo with 31 IV's in Attack, Special, and Special Defense, 29 in defense, and 25 in speed but 5 in HP

Is he completely useless?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Having perfect IVs for HP, Special Attack, and Speed would probably be in mind for a Timid Mega Mewtwo Y, since those are pretty much the stats that the EVs would be distributed onto.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I accidentally reset after catching a Rash Articuno with perfect Speed. Sp. Atk and Defense.

In the end I settled for a Modest Articuno with perfect HP, Attack and Sp. Def. I mean it's Articuno either way.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I accidentally reset after catching a Rash Articuno with perfect Speed. Sp. Atk and Defense.

In the end I settled for a Modest Articuno with perfect HP, Attack and Sp. Def. I mean it's Articuno either way.
Yeah I don't mind losing either.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I never mind losing. Legendaries are always trade fodder to me, anyway.

That said, I actually swept someone with my in-game Aurorus. So I give Ice types the benefit of the doubt.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm going to replace Chesnaught on my in game team.

He's a lot better than my PREVIOUS generation grass starter, but at the same time...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
In case anybody's trying to go for Pokedex completion, or something like it, I found this map someone made of the Pokemon on each route: http://www.40k.zombiecrisis.org/map.pdf

Not 100% sure that it has everything, of course, but it's at least kind of nifty until Serebii etc. have their sections completely put together for the games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do legendaries have like set IV values or something?

I got a Mewtwo on my other game and it has 3 31 IVs

If it didn't have low Speed IV's I would keep it

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yeah, you get 3 31 IVs per legend. I got a Zygarde with 4 perfect IVs myself.

Top Bottom