• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW VT Smash Thread; Sometimes, bravery.

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
Haha, Redd - Trust me, I've gotten crap for it when I hosted tournies back home.

This tourney is designed for a couple purposes: (1) So the Smash Community here at VT can get to know each other moreso (2) to Raise money for Vawter Hall (3) to get the Southeast Smash - THE FIRM - name out there to the smashers on campus.

It's more casual than anything.

Random isn't as bad as you think. I promise. I'd love to have you there, but I'm not forcing you to come ;)

More competitive tournies will come. I promise.

Text me if you wanna get together - 7572729189

Nava

Smash Journeyman
So I was playing some melee with Stevo today for old time's sake, and I pull 5 stitchfaces in a matter of 20-25 seconds.

And phantom hits are ever present in my game.

Shears

Smash Master
to get to partying for halloween earlier the tourney should be held a couple hours earlier. you could keep the single elimination but it would allow all of us off campus kids more of a chance to get ready

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
Hey, just wanted to thank everybody for coming out tonight at the Vawter Hall Two is Better than One Tournament. Really appreciate your enthusiasm for the game and it was a pleasure meeting everybody.

If anybody's interested, results are posted on http://www.southeastsmash.weebly.com

Go check it out.

Anyway, I'll keep in touch with everybody and let you guys know when the next tourney is scheduled. Prob looking at some more competitive singles stuff.

Text me anytime if you guys wanna smash.

Shout Outz
- K.O., JET, STEIN, McDZ -> It felt great to smash again. Great reunion tournament.
- Jank? - Great matches towards the end there. Thanks for coming out. Hope you enjoy the sodas.
- Redd - Even through all the complaining about the rules, you still found a way to win. Congratulations - will be sure to get in touch with you in future tournies.
- Sephy Ken - Yeah, we just did the research, you weren't on Survivor. Thanks for lying. We'll hit you up next time we smash so you can apologize.
- Nate - Wow. Stage Spike. Next time, play, don't gay. Jaykay. Great moves, bro.
- John Nicky - first tournament: third place. Way to represent what you know how to do.
- Jacob M - Crushed the Low-Tier Represent. Loved watching you play.
- Anjru Russell - Yes, the Smash Scene IS this big.
- The Tornado Dan - You're officially the Vawter King of Melee. Congrats.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Thanks man, it was fun. Even though I didn't complain as much as you made it sound like. ;D I mess.

Also, my name is Austin... who would name their child Alston? LOL

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
Haha, Jimmy told me it was Austin. I guess he typed your name wrong or something.

oh well!

Congrats dude.

by the way, I think somebody left their copy of Melee in the lounge. If anybody is missing a copy, get in touch with me.

mprivitt@vt.edu

Swoop

Smash Rookie
Just found this website and thread.

I had no idea there were so many people that are so good and serious about smash at Virginia Tech. The tournament was definitely fun, especially because it was a surprise to me how ridiculously good people were. I've only ever played against 2 other friends, and recently Brian F from the tournament.

I was Kevin P / Swoop from the tournament.

Swoop

Smash Rookie
Do you guys play Smash a lot? I might be interested in getting better, or attending more tournaments like this one. It was just so different to any other lan party I've been to.

If you want my number shoot me a PM.

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
May have to come to the next one of these if you have another sometime. Don't really like Brawl very much though :laugh:

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
yeah, will definitely have another one sometime soon.

Haha, and Duhrdy - nobody seems to like brawl. you're not the first. I'll look into Melee, but SeS will always be a predominant SSBB team : /

Sorry.

Shears

Smash Master
Do you guys play Smash a lot? I might be interested in getting better, or attending more tournaments like this one. It was just so different to any other lan party I've been to.

If you want my number shoot me a PM.
no nobody around here plays brawl. that was the first tournament in almost a year. i would play brawl alot because i suck at melee but i dont own the game and the people who do dont play the game. so if you want to play brawl its gonna have to be with yourself sorry man.

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
Would be great if you could look into Melee. I'll almost certainly attend if it continues to be Brawl though.
Brawl tourney is much better than no tourney at all.

Swoop

Smash Rookie
I don't even own melee anymore. :(

Maybe we could start a small brawl scene? Seems like a lot of people were enjoying themselves at the tournament.

Met

Smash Ace
I don't even own melee anymore. :(

Maybe we could start a small brawl scene? Seems like a lot of people were enjoying themselves at the tournament.
or instead of getting good at brawl you could get good at a good game called melee and learn with some real professional players besides getting good at melee will get you way better at brawl then actually practicing that game.

and there are about eight or nine really high level players here.

also SeS you guys want to do a crew battle sometime in brawl?

and jenc is a way worse then alston.

also alston next time you and me gotta team at this ****

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
Yo Met (would you prefer Met, Jank, or Justin? I never asked), I'm free all weekend. Ya tryin' to smash??
I need some good people to play with besides Nip and Luke because they offer no real challenge.

Just kidding Nip and Luke.

Swoop

Smash Rookie
or instead of getting good at brawl you could get good at a good game called melee and learn with some real professional players besides getting good at melee will get you way better at brawl then actually practicing that game.

and there are about eight or nine really high level players here.

also SeS you guys want to do a crew battle sometime in brawl?

and jenc is a way worse then alston.

also alston next time you and me gotta team at this ****
I would totally be game to learn some melee again if people were willing to do a little teaching. I played melee very little but I know it was much more fast paced.

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
JANK -

I'm down for a crew battle. Though we're guaranteed to lose. A majority of our best players went to school elsewhere :/

We should definitely think about creating a little VT Brawl / Melee League. We could even come up with a team. That'd be sweet.

Swoop

Smash Rookie
****, crew battles and stuff? I kind of just want to play some brawl against players that can beat me, especially the ones that can tear me apart. The limited number of friends I've faced (see: 4) offer little challenge anymore.

dualblindfold

Smash Rookie
Hey it's dual (the TL at the tournament on sunday). Just wanted to say it the tournament was awesome and it be great to hook up with some of you guys just to play sometime. Can't wait to get into some more tournaments sometime.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Haha **** you Justin.... worst name ever.

Marcus: if you want to do a melee tourney (singles or doubles, whatever), I'd be willing to announce and run most of it for you.

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
Redd, I have no problem whatsoever running a tournament. If the melee crowd is going to be this big, then I am debating hosting one after all.

and dave, did you ever text me your number?

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
Melee tourney FTW!
If you have one, count me in. Doesn't matter when, I'll come.

I don't matter too much though :laugh:

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Hey, if you guys are planning to have a decently sized melee tournament, I may try and come down and convince some other JMU players, melee is too goodz!

Possibly crew battles JMU vs Tech!?!!

Top Bottom