• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW VT Smash Thread; Sometimes, bravery.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Twig,

are there any brawl players from JMU?
Yeah, a few, but only about 2-3 decent players. One of your tech players came up and trashed all of our players in Balanced Brawl.

"1. David Thomas {Yandal} (Snake/Wario)"

Good ****.

Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
haha, good job dave.

anyone want to play melee tomorrow night around 7 for a little bit?
Totally. My number is 540-320-3506. Shoot me a text and I'll be there.

I usually don't answer calls if I don't know the number but I do answer texts.

Met

Smash Ace
Yeah, a few, but only about 2-3 decent players. One of your tech players came up and trashed all of our players in Balanced Brawl.

"1. David Thomas {Yandal} (Snake/Wario)"

Good ****.

Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
omg dave thomas... hahaha
dude where you at dave thomas you could have ***** that brawl tournie and took it from alston and def from me.
also,

hey

hey
alston

lets set some melee **** up sometime, like a tournie

Nava

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for Melee tomorrow anytime after 3:30. Just text me (443-823-4922). Are you off-campus or in one of the dorms?
i live on campus in payne. it's next to war memorial gym/owens/peddrew-yates. i'll give you guys a text when i'm good to go. we'll play either in the lounge, or just my room.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer

Alright Justin, let's do a tourney, I'll text you and we can figure it out. Melee singles, lez goez.

Also, Nate, give me a call tomorrow and I'll probably come play... maybe earlier than the UNC game? (trying to go)

P.S. I SUCK at brawl.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
you guys got anyone good up there?
For melee, yeah. We have about 5 people who are pretty good, but if Chillin, ECE and crew (does SS4R still play?), and others are still active in the Tech scene (plus Redd) , it will most likely be a massacre Tech vs JMU.

Not to mention all of the tech players I've never played (such as yourself), it would be interesting to see if our best 5 went though.

If you can help it, don't schedule it on Shell Shocked V (Nov 7th), we may go to that, wouldn't want to have conflicting tourneys.

**EDIT** - Redd, your sig makes me happy that you still are representing TA, but makes me sad b/c its the newer version of, without Project Pat =(.

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
As bad as I am at melee, I'd love to come out and give a melee session / tournament a shot.

Justin, Redd - you want me to possibly set a melee tourney up?

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure Melee tourneys are the best events that happen on this planet.

Melee Tourney> Child Birth.

Nava

Smash Journeyman

Alright Justin, let's do a tourney, I'll text you and we can figure it out. Melee singles, lez goez.

Also, Nate, give me a call tomorrow and I'll probably come play... maybe earlier than the UNC game? (trying to go)

P.S. I SUCK at brawl.
Yeah sure thing. I'll see if I can leave class early. Expect a text around... 6 or so.

And we'll all probably have to play in my room, since the TV will probably be occupied. Don't worry though, my room is decently sized and has air conditioning lol. And 3 chairs for some reason.

AND HELL YES to the melee tourney.

P.S. To anyone who plays Starcraft and is a student here, check us out: http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62712792915
http://www.starcraft.org.vt.edu/index.php

and yes smashboards, i am advertising.

Edit- I can only play until 9 or so, got some work to do.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I would suggest scheduling it on Friday evening, because people won't have homework to do and there won't be a football game conflict. Just have it start late so people who have late classes on Friday can get there (**** my Calc class going to 4:30).

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
If anybody wants to play anytime this weekend, just give me a call. My number is in the thread a page or so back.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hm. Any info on this anywhere?
This is what Nava posted earlier:

For those who play Brawl, or might just want some free money, check out this tourney my friend is holding: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158910332885

I'm helping him out with the rules/bracket/what have you, so it'll be somewhat legit except for that it's single elim. No double, just so we can hurry it up and get to partying for Halloween.
Anyone wanna play Melee tonight?

Nava

Smash Journeyman
I am not playing melee today... BUT I am playing Starcraft.

2:30 LAN in Torgersen 1080, hosted by SCVT. Come if you play Starcraft! :chuckle:

Bones0

Smash Legend
You guys wanna come to my dorm again? My last class ends at 4:25 so any time after that should be fine, and if we get one more person we can do a few teams matches too.

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, sounds good. As long as Nip will drive, because i have no money for gas. I'll text you later to confirm, but we will probably come.

Met

Smash Ace
As bad as I am at melee, I'd love to come out and give a melee session / tournament a shot.

Justin, Redd - you want me to possibly set a melee tourney up?
we can teach you the ropes if you want and plus no lie getting good at melee will improve your brawl game alot faster then actually playing brawl

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
Alright guys...for my next tournament, I'll let you guys vote as far as what events you want:

Melee Singles
Melee Doubles

Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles

Vote a melee event AND a brawl event...I know everybody here is a melee junkie, but that doesn't mean we can ignore the brawlies.

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
Melee singles for sure.
For Brawl I would prefer doubles, I think, just because I am bad and having a partner to carry my dead weight would be nice.

Top Bottom