• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW VT Smash Thread; Sometimes, bravery.

So far I've gotten 2 votes for Sunday (Redd, Sange). I haven't gotten an exact date set out yet. The soonest I could host it on would be October 14/15. I still need to talk to 1 of the RA's about reserving a room first

October 22/23 is a computer club's casual gaming event

October 29/30 is too close to Halloween

November 5/6 would probably be the next available date

i'm down with early november.

i mean i *could* do sunday, but having a 2+ hour drive each way doesn't suit my sundays well.
My first event is probably going to be more focused on getting RUVT together. My hall's second floor lounge fits only 15 people (4 setups). If the Radford crew gets together, we'll host a bigger event in Bolling Hall basement, same basement as R3M2 last year

I've found a few casual Smashers (7) so far this semester. I want to see if I can get them into the scene more seriously

StarYoshi14

Smash Rookie
I haven't played competitive Brawl in a loooong time, but I'd love to play some 1v1s if anyone else is down. I didn't get to bring my Wii up, but I have my own controller. Reppin' Yoshi.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
looool.

you'll probably want sheik if you wanna stand a chance ;)

i'll probably be bringing sneak and some other fighting game people to this.

VT, we should have like a big Smashfest sometime. The Radford crew Smashfests every Friday night from 7pm - midnight

So were you gonna do anything on the 6th, Roger?
6th is a Sunday. I'll be preparing everything for youtube after 3-Up. You mean Friday November 4, right? I could host a Smashfest Friday in Stuart hall. We can have 2 full setups (my TV randomly loses color every ~10 minutes. If you hit it it's fixed). We usually Smash between 5pm and 12am

Rook

Smash Apprentice
I was up at Tech this past Saturday for a small tourney, and it was a definite eye-opener. My friends and I would like to be able to smash with you Tech fellas more often.

Alot of you guys were extremely helpful to us, and that was awesome.

I was up at Tech this past Saturday for a small tourney, and it was a definite eye-opener. My friends and I would like to be able to smash with you Tech fellas more often.
There's also a Smash scene in Radford University, about 20 miles from tech. Every Friday night we get a Smashfest of up to 4 of our active players

Also, for the Brawl videos, I'm thinking of not uploading them. It was such a fail event. And rendering everything takes forever anyways. Next time I'm going to record in .mp4 so I can split videos in WMM. So much faster

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
just wanted to say it was fun smashing at tech again, doubt I will be back anytime soon, and my samus was so rusty... there were a lot of people there that probably would've rocked me if we met in the brackets

Nate - glad someone I knew back then is keeping the smash scene alive
Redd - you are too good, glad I helped you get your money back for silly brawl teams lol

DJRome

Smash Hero
is anyone in roanoke able to house me for a couple of nights this weekend? trying to go up for the weekend and would love to get some smash in as well

ACM Avalanche

ACM Avalanche

Featured Games
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Events

UMVC3
singles

SJSF4
singles

SSBM
singles & doubles

SSBB
singles & doubles

All event fees are $5

107 Cook Hall
Radford University
Radford, VA 24142

Schedule

12:00pm - doors open
10:00pm - doors close

[Full schedule still in progress]

Rules Sets

All tournament sets will be best of 3 rounds. Semi finals and finals are best of 5
[collapse="UMVC3 & SSF4AE"]Prefered console undecided. Both games will use standard tournament rules[/collapse][collapse=SSBM]Will be decided later...[/collapse][collapse=SSBB]Will be decided later...[/collapse]

Setups
(A full setup includes a system (specify which one) and a TV)

UMVC3

SSF4

SSBM

SSBB

Attendance List

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
48 hours left for the special 30$ pre-register price for Civil War 4. Save yourself 10$

http://www.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar

Join players: [FC] NYChrisG, Dieminion, UVG Noel Brown, MH|AlukardNY, DMG MCZ Lud, MH|Rayray, Dr.PP, Alex Strife, Ultradavid, Skisonic, DJ Huoshen, RyRy and many more as they all battle for EVO points and the right to raise up one of our Civil War champion swords!

The action starts on Friday night with hype team (FGC) and possible crew (Smash) tournaments! Catch up on after hours exhibition matches in the 24hr Salty Suite! Side tournaments for 64/Brawl also welcome on Friday night as well as friendlies! Come play on one of the 8 arcade cabinets set on free play the entire weekend! Enjoy the multitude of food options with over 50 food establishments within 3 miles, along with with plenty of delivery options.

If you can't make it, catch all the action streamed by Team Sp00ky and Bifuteki

For more information: http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/CivilWarDetails

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318539
https://www.facebook.com/events/284773714913236/

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Probably wont be able to this week. going to see avengers with family saturday. Could you pick me up on sunday if i dont have to work?

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
eh gotta work sunday. :/

Actually, I should be able to come over this saturday. The movie should be done by 4-5pm. but ill need a ride still lol.

Top Bottom