• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~New~ SWF GYM! Newbies and New Years Resolution Peeps Wanted!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You'll gain size to a point but your diet will become a limiting factor eventually.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Anybody have any advice on how to achieve a high protein high calorie diet on a budget?

I've been interested in bulking up for a while lately (average weight is like 135 and I'm pretty damn skinny), so for a while I was hitting the gym and ingesting roughly 4k calories a day and a whole lot of protein on days that I would workout. (Like 3 days a week)

I'm not great with food selection, so I pretty much drank a gallon of whole milk a day and ate three solid meals that would pretty much get me to 4k calories every day, and for workout days I would make sure that most of my meals consisted of high protein and would drink a protein supplement after working out.

Unfortunately I stopped being able to go to the gym due to my car breaking down and kind've fell out of that routine. But it was definitely working for the month that I was going about it. Should I just stick with my old routine or does anybody else have any advice for me?

(Other staples in my diet was eggs, peanut butter, and chicken. I feel like this would get really boring after a while)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
@ DtJ XeroXen DtJ XeroXen if what you were doing was giving you gains, it means you were doing something right. The best way is to keep experimenting with small tweaks as you go along and learn how your body reacts to different things. Everyone is different, so what works for one might not work for another.

Also it looks like you're trying to eat really clean. I'm guessing that at most you're in your early 20s, and since you describe yourself as scrawny, it really won't kill you if you have some pizza or a burger every now and again (they're high in salt and stuff though but I'm not saying eat them every day, just that it's not a big deal if you indulge).

Don't forget your vegetables though, spinach is particularly good for high protein diets because of its alkalinity, but some collard greens and such other things won't hurt either. Sweet potatoes are a great carb source during the day.

I swear I'm not secretly trying to get you to adopt a soul food diet.

Last edited:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I had my wisdom teeth pulled out yesterday, and my mouth is sore like no other. If you feel lazy about chewing/buying whole foods, you can easily get by with a blender and mashing some stuff together. Of course, I'm on Ketosis, so what I put into my blender is different from yours. Here was my breakfast...

3 scrambled eggs + two servings of shredded cheese.
1 ON Protein
0 calorie strawberry syrup
1 serving of coconut milk (140 calories of fat)
Unsweetened Almond Milk

Total: 733 calories, 10 carbs, 50 fat, and 58 protein.

Just need to lower my carb intake a bit for my next two meals, and I'm good.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
@ Teran Teran I mostly described the staples I used to get the protein in my diet. I would still eat quite a bit of junky stuff, especially when I needed really quick calories and didn't feel like cooking. I'll definitely look into securing some spinach though, I don't eat enough vegetables as it is.

I'll definitely get back on my old diet and start working out again. Anybody have general tips for gaining muscle? Before, I was pretty much lifting on different machines and stuff until my body was too exhausted to really finish a set with any substantial weight. It was pretty entertaining then because I had gym buddies. However, I'm completely lacking in people to go to a gym with me now, so I don't know if I'd rather work out at home or something. :/

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The key to building muscle (especially if you're not on steroids) is intensity over volume.

At most I'll do 5 working sets for a body part (and even then only for the larger ones), and I gained 32lb in less than a year along with dropping body fat. Building muscle isn't a marathon.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Got an online powerlifting meet coming up in about 8 weeks now. Tested my maxes a week or two ago: 225 squat, 160 paused bench, 265 deadlift at a bodyweight of 137 pounds. Obviously not particularly impressive numbers but all major PRs for me. Felt like I might've had another 5 or 10 pounds in me for squat. And was very close to locking out 275 on deadlift but it slipped out of my hands. Hoping to get squat to 250+, pause bench to 175+, and deadlift to 300+ by August 2nd for this competition. Switched from Starting Strength to Jonnie Candito's linear program and really enjoying it so far.

If anyone cares enough to check out the videos of these PRs you can check my instagram: samsnewig

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think that's pretty nice for your age and frame, especially your deadlint. Good stuff man!

Grandeza

Smash Master
Much appreciated! Hoping to have a 1k total at under 150 pounds within the next year and then enter an actual powerlifting meet next Summer.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
5 weeks into Keto, while doing a cutting version of ICF. Checked my weight this morning, and I've dropped 7 lbs to now be at 157. Gonna get my bf checked later today. Probably will start a 5-10 lb bulking phase in two weeks or so.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
1397442077635.gif

I've been meaning to post my update before I had left for SKTAR 3 but I had to send out my laptop for repair after I had came back from Jersey. Before I left, I weighed and took my body fat. I had not done that since I had started sprinting/weights which was a month since then. I weighed at 166 with body fat at 17.2. I could not believe it. I celebrated this by eating a fat sandwiches, pizza, and trail mix all in a weekend of smash tourney fun. Fast forward two week and a half now, I had checked out my weight and body fat yesterday to see how bad the damage three/four days of eating chocolate/Oreo cake (I was celebrating my sister's graduation) had done. I weighed in at 166.8 and 16.6 BF. I seriously still can't believe it although me being able to wear my friend's 30x30 pants does make sense...I can't wear my two month old Old Navy 32x30 pair without a belt now. I can't believe my hard working is paying off.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I never posted my final results before I started fasting due to religious reasons for the month. I did keto for 8 weeks, barely lost any strength at the gym, lost 10 lbs, and went from 21.7% BF to 17.4%! I can definitely see it in before and after pics on my face and waist.

I'm going to do a lean, clean, healthy bulk after I'm done fasting. Looking to put on 7-8 lbs of healthy muscle until the New Year, and then do Keto again.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I seem to have a persistent injury in my right pec and I think these smartest thing to do is just stop benching for at least 2-3 weeks. Probably going to drop out of the powerlifting meet I was planning to do in August because of it. Very disappointing.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I guess I should post an intro... oh boy, this is gonna be sad.

Anywho, my name's BigShad. Unfortunately the most I have for big is a big belly. Well, big bones too, but I'm still fat, so that doesn't help me at all.

I really don't eat much, since I have a very, very sensitive palate (or, however it's spelled), and it's quite sad. For breakfast it's normally either a bowl of cereal or a couple of poptarts. I normally skip lunch, but when I do eat I just have a small and quick Lunchable, and for dinner I have either just a few chicken nuggets, some mac' n' cheese, or pizza. And as a snack at night I eat about 8 cookies or rarely have a bowl of ice cream and topping.

However, when my family and I have a lack of food, it's pretty much PB&Js all day.

I'm 100% lazy and almost always tired, which really, really doesn't help me either. Also, due to a lot of money issues we don't really have much diverse foods.

Onto my goals:

I wanna have a sort of small goal, first -- I want to be able to have a somewhat larger variety of healthy foods I can eat, that are friendly to the sensitive mouth. But more than that, I just wanna get not-obese and to a healthy weight, add some muscle, get these man-boobs outta here, and maybe start feeling more awake.

Once that happens, I want to start building more muscle and keeping it so if I can finally get into those big tourneys I can be one handsome guy. A BigShad with some big pecs.

Anyhow, I'll try to update this post with progress once I start a routine. I wish everyone else trying to get healthy good luck!

(will update this post with a before-pic when I can get to that)

Last edited:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm, you say you got a sensitive taste for foods...outside of the PB&J, you mostly listed junk food. Is there any uh...healthier options you are good with? Salad with dressing? Hard boiled eggs? Fish? The reason I ask is, you might be a viable candidate to do some Keto dieting. I'll admit, it can get a bit pricey, but if you stick with the same foods, it shouldn't be so bad.

Combine that with a decent lifting regime, and things can work for you.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Hm, you say you got a sensitive taste for foods...outside of the PB&J, you mostly listed junk food. Is there any uh...healthier options you are good with? Salad with dressing? Hard boiled eggs? Fish? The reason I ask is, you might be a viable candidate to do some Keto dieting. I'll admit, it can get a bit pricey, but if you stick with the same foods, it shouldn't be so bad.

Combine that with a decent lifting regime, and things can work for you.
I just looked up Keto dieting -- at a glimpse, it seems interesting, and if it'll help get me healthy, I'm willing to try it the next time I can get some money in.
I definitely don't mind fish, either...

As for lifting, the most I have are some 5 LB weights, so I could put those to use alongside the exercises in the OP.

Thanks for the idea. :)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I did Keto for 8 weeks. I'll admit, the food selection can get boring if you don't get innovative, but you also sort of get used to it at the same time. I was at 168 lbs with 21.7% body fat. I dropped 10 lbs in that span along with 4.3% body fat. Currently, I'm just eating healthy and trying to put on muscle slowly, so I don't put on fat. Otherwise though, a lot of people have had success stories with Keto.

I recommend checking out Reddit's Keto thread. A lot of success stories on there as well along with people recommending recipes. When you can, download this spreadsheet for Excel. It's what I used to track my calories and what not. Worked liked a charm. http://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains/comments/24f0np/new_ketogains_macro_calculator_v20/

Also, read the FAQs before asking any questions. Otherwise, you'll get hated on lol.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
What works for me is Stronglifts (it's a lifting schedule that focuses on just building all-around strength with compound excercises) with a protein shake and 5 eggs at some point in the day. Lots and lots of water, a multivitamin, omega 3 fish oil cap, and a fruit smoothie in the morning.

It just works for me. I've put on some nice muscle with this. Need to control my fat intake though.

Good job tho to everyone making gains, losing weight, and/or reaching their goals :)

Grandeza

Smash Master
Hit a 335 block pull off a 4 inch block today. Hit 350 afterwards which is also on my channel but the form was quite bad and it looks like it might have been hitched as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgQWu7L4tf8

Never block pulled prior to this but this was my first time handling over 3 plates on any form of deadlift so I'm hoping this means good things for my competition deadlift.

Brozinski

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I posted in the original thread in '09 when I was the ripe age of 13:

1) 5'5", about 102 pounds. I'm close to being in shape, but I'm kinda skin and bones. I've got a six pack, albeit barely noticeable.

2) 1) Golfing when I can afford it, 2) I run alot (anywhere from half a mile to three), 3) Twenty push-ups a day, fourty crunches, and a few Australian Chinups.

3) Golf, Kickball, Running

4) Be able to complete the Army's standard of push-ups.

5) Yay!

Already decently fit (or maybe not), but I wanna get ripped.
When I was clearly pretty delusional and also made up half of that stuff. But! I do remember being very inspired by that thread and it kind of kicked off a fascination with fitness. I'm 18 now, and a competitive raw powerlifter in the 148's. Here's me in 2011, and then me again a day or so ago:

It's been fun. But unfortunately I've been lazy in my training lately ( for months) and my squat has fallen far behind my bench and deadlift. There's a big meet coming up in late November that I'm hoping to do well in, and my squat is really killing me. My goal is to have at least 975 total. I'm sitting at 925 with 260lbs BP, 385 DL, and 280 squat. I think it's within reach as long as I stay on point for the next three months. Right now I just do 3x5 back squats. Does anyone have a better idea of what to do? It doesn't seem like I'm gaining strength with that scheme anymore.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Hi! I have been in smashboards for a while and it's the first time I see this forum...

I started doing Crossfit in last years april. I have lost weight since then and gained muscle and strenght, but for me the difficult part is the diet. I try not to eat sugar and to eat vegetables and fruits, but on weekends with my family and all the chocolates, cookies, sweets, etc it's difficult. But I'll try my best to continue losing weight.

And it's great to find a community of people that enjoy exercising as much as I do.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey there guys. Today I deadlifted 190. I certainly feel I can go 200 or more but the thing that kinda stopping me is my grip strength. The grip strength of my right hand was really failing me today during my deadlift. Any tips/suggestions/exercises to get a better grip? My gym also has those wriststraps thingamajigs available but I have no idea how they work. Sorry if this sounds beginnerish.

Grandeza

Smash Master
It's been fun. But unfortunately I've been lazy in my training lately ( for months) and my squat has fallen far behind my bench and deadlift. There's a big meet coming up in late November that I'm hoping to do well in, and my squat is really killing me. My goal is to have at least 975 total. I'm sitting at 925 with 260lbs BP, 385 DL, and 280 squat. I think it's within reach as long as I stay on point for the next three months. Right now I just do 3x5 back squats. Does anyone have a better idea of what to do? It doesn't seem like I'm gaining strength with that scheme anymore.
Hey man I'm also a 148 raw powerlifter. What fed do you compete in? Anyways, I've been running Candito's linear program for the past few months and it's been going really well. You have some really solid numbers for 148 so I'm not sure how feasible the progression on this program will be for you. My best recommendation is try this program and if you're unable to add 5 lbs to the competition lifts each weak, add 2.5 lbs each weak. (your gym may not have 1.25 lb plates but most clips in gyms weigh .5 lbs each so if you used 2 clips on each side you can add in increments of 2 lbs one week and then take off the clips and replace them with 2.5 lb plates essentially alternating between 2 and 3 lb increases. If this program doesn't work for you theres a ton of intermediate programs out there. Search up powerliftingtowin on youtube, he's got a huge library of videos reviewing tons of powerlifting programs.

Hey there guys. Today I deadlifted 190. I certainly feel I can go 200 or more but the thing that kinda stopping me is my grip strength. The grip strength of my right hand was really failing me today during my deadlift. Any tips/suggestions/exercises to get a better grip? My gym also has those wriststraps thingamajigs available but I have no idea how they work. Sorry if this sounds beginnerish.
Hey man that's a perfectly valid question. There's a bunch of options you have at your disposal. First of all, if your gym allows chalk, you can chalk your hands for your deadlift sets. Also, are you using a double overhand grip? Perhaps you want to switch to an underhand/overhand mixed grip. Or you can try hook grip (hurts like a ***** though). In terms of actual grip training after your deadlift sets you can always just strip some weight and hold the deadlift at the top as long as possible. Over time try to hold onto it longer or add more sets. I hope some of these options help. I haven't watched the video yet but Ben Rice, a world class raw powerlifter, just put up a video with grip training tips. I've heard good things about it though I haven't seen it. Maybe you can check that out too.

annnnnd unrelated to the above...finally hit a 315 deadlift after my working squats and deadlifts. Got my first USAPL meet coming up in October and really hoping to do nicely. Anything over an 800 total would be nice.

http://instagram.com/p/rnqXKkAhnk/?modal=true

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey man that's a perfectly valid question. There's a bunch of options you have at your disposal. First of all, if your gym allows chalk, you can chalk your hands for your deadlift sets. Also, are you using a double overhand grip? Perhaps you want to switch to an underhand/overhand mixed grip. Or you can try hook grip (hurts like a ***** though). In terms of actual grip training after your deadlift sets you can always just strip some weight and hold the deadlift at the top as long as possible. Over time try to hold onto it longer or add more sets. I hope some of these options help. I haven't watched the video yet but Ben Rice, a world class raw powerlifter, just put up a video with grip training tips. I've heard good things about it though I haven't seen it. Maybe you can check that out too.
I was not aware chalk is an alternative option. I'm sure my gym allows it. I go a overhand/underhand mixed grip. Thanks for the advice. I now have a better idea where to proceed.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I got a question there's a lot of Asians who are in eating contest. But they eat so much and there so skinny what's the secret for that?

Last edited:

Brozinski

Smash Rookie
Hey man I'm also a 148 raw powerlifter. What fed do you compete in? Anyways, I've been running Candito's linear program for the past few months and it's been going really well. You have some really solid numbers for 148 so I'm not sure how feasible the progression on this program will be for you. My best recommendation is try this program and if you're unable to add 5 lbs to the competition lifts each weak, add 2.5 lbs each weak. (your gym may not have 1.25 lb plates but most clips in gyms weigh .5 lbs each so if you used 2 clips on each side you can add in increments of 2 lbs one week and then take off the clips and replace them with 2.5 lb plates essentially alternating between 2 and 3 lb increases. If this program doesn't work for you theres a ton of intermediate programs out there. Search up powerliftingtowin on youtube, he's got a huge library of videos reviewing tons of powerlifting programs.
I compete in USAPL. I'll definitely check out the program, because my squat is still struggling hard. It's still at 280 while my BP has gone up to 265 and the other day I pulled 405 on DL. That's also because I've been putting on some weight, though; I've gotta cut off some fat before my meet. Thanks for the tips man, I appreciate it. Good to see another raw 148, and grats on your deadlift PR!

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
This is a pretty interesting thread! I'm also a full-time geek but a part time fitness enthusiast! I am currently in development of my own brand and blog site that combines the two! I'm going to be bringing content related to both materials together and also be doing give-aways!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Been meaning to post this but I got to 200lbs on deadlift. Seems only like it was yesterday when I could only do 120lb.

Edit: I lied. It was actually 90lbs.

Last edited:

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Oh my god, SWF has a gym thread? Beautiful.

Been meaning to post this but I got to 200lbs on deadlift. Seems only like it was yesterday when I could only do 120lb.

Edit: I lied. It was actually 90lbs.
Atta boiiii, keep at it. Progress is the best feeling.

I'm currently on the 5/3/1 (Sun/Mon/Wed/Thurs), and I'm gonna attempt a three-plate squat two Sundays from now. I should have been able to do it this summer, but I went on vacation to Europe and lost some progress.

Accelerator

Smash Apprentice
Some grip tips I can offer
- Grab the bar in the spot where your fingers and palms connect
- Grab the bar as hard as you possibility can, try and break it, really!
- Don't bother with wriststraps, they will halt any grip strength you'd gain from deadlifts
- I would suggest you start using chalk now, this will help you immensely!
- Once chalk isn't cutting it anymore, start using a mixed grip, I.E one hand palm facing inwards one palm facing outwards.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
pssst. you guys should all read this
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
I've been going on the /fit/ board on 4chan for a while now. I'm like 3-4 months in my bulking progress. End of the year I start cutting (:c)

Girls already started mirin' me, but my callouses on my hands are huge from lifting :c

Anyways, I'm glad I found this thread! I'd love to help everyone and myself reach their goals.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I guess I should post an intro... oh boy, this is gonna be sad.

Anywho, my name's BigShad. Unfortunately the most I have for big is a big belly. Well, big bones too, but I'm still fat, so that doesn't help me at all.

I really don't eat much, since I have a very, very sensitive palate (or, however it's spelled), and it's quite sad. For breakfast it's normally either a bowl of cereal or a couple of poptarts. I normally skip lunch, but when I do eat I just have a small and quick Lunchable, and for dinner I have either just a few chicken nuggets, some mac' n' cheese, or pizza. And as a snack at night I eat about 8 cookies or rarely have a bowl of ice cream and topping.

However, when my family and I have a lack of food, it's pretty much PB&Js all day.

I'm 100% lazy and almost always tired, which really, really doesn't help me either. Also, due to a lot of money issues we don't really have much diverse foods.

Onto my goals:

I wanna have a sort of small goal, first -- I want to be able to have a somewhat larger variety of healthy foods I can eat, that are friendly to the sensitive mouth. But more than that, I just wanna get not-obese and to a healthy weight, add some muscle, get these man-boobs outta here, and maybe start feeling more awake.

Once that happens, I want to start building more muscle and keeping it so if I can finally get into those big tourneys I can be one handsome guy. A BigShad with some big pecs.

Anyhow, I'll try to update this post with progress once I start a routine. I wish everyone else trying to get healthy good luck!

(will update this post with a before-pic when I can get to that)
Alright man, you've got work to do.

Let's start with skipping meals. Even if you're trying to lose fat, you should never skip meals. It slows down your metabolism, and isn't giving your body the nutrients and energy it needs. Eat breakfast lunch and dinner. Every day. Eat something.

Now onto your diet, which is similar to what I used to eat before I made a change. Start off by getting rid of the chicken nuggets, pizza, etc. As a general rule for eating healthier, look at the ingredients. If the ingredients sound like they came out of a chemistry book/something that you don't know what is in it, don't eat it. Try to eat more foods that come out of the ground. Learning to cook is actually a really good way to lose weight, also. There's a million healthy recipes for chicken that you can make that are quite tasty.

To actually start cutting down your fat, you need to have a calorie deficit. Not anything drastic, just a deficit. Eat less, and drink a lot of water. For exercise/gym routine, I'd advise doing cardio 3x a week, and lifting weights 2x. This will give you more of a deficit and improve your energy levels.

in my previous post above, i have a link that has further advice on cutting/losing weight.

Good luck, brah. We're all gonna make it.

Can you post your height/weight, and maybe a picture? It'd sort of help.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
It's honestly been a while since I've posted here, so I really should be giving an update...

As far as food goes, I'm no longer skipping meals. It's cereal and vitamins for breakfast, Lunchables or PB&J for lunch (unfortunately, I need to make quick stuff for my lunches), and as far as dinner goes I still need to improve on that. I plan on trying steamed broccoli and rice, alongside some healthier variants of chicken.

For dessert, as soon as I can, I'm replacing cookies with these fig bars that have fruit + fiber in them.

Now, as far as exercises go, I honestly have no time for them at the moment, but as soon as I can I'll be working with your ideas alongside various other exercises.

I can't supply any pics at the moment, and I've been unable to check my recent height and weight, but not too long ago I was about 5 feet 10 inches, and about 210 pounds, but as soon as I can I'll also get back on that.

But, yeah. We're gonna make it, man. Can you supply said link, please?

EDIT: Oh yeah, water. As we speak I have an entire gallon next to me, and another in the fridge. I dunno if it's extreme or not, but hey, if it works...

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
It's honestly been a while since I've posted here, so I really should be giving an update...

As far as food goes, I'm no longer skipping meals. It's cereal and vitamins for breakfast, Lunchables or PB&J for lunch (unfortunately, I need to make quick stuff for my lunches), and as far as dinner goes I still need to improve on that. I plan on trying steamed broccoli and rice, alongside some healthier variants of chicken.

For dessert, as soon as I can, I'm replacing cookies with these fig bars that have fruit + fiber in them.

Now, as far as exercises go, I honestly have no time for them at the moment, but as soon as I can I'll be working with your ideas alongside various other exercises.

I can't supply any pics at the moment, and I've been unable to check my recent height and weight, but not too long ago I was about 5 feet 10 inches, and about 210 pounds, but as soon as I can I'll also get back on that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, water. As we speak I have an entire gallon next to me, and another in the fridge. I dunno if it's extreme or not, but hey, if it works...
Don't drink too much. Just look up how much water you should be drinking.
For quick lunches, try tuna. Tuna is full of protein and tastes good or can be made to taste good. Try to eat as many (fresh!!!) veggies as you can because not only are they good for you, there are very little calories in them. Try to eat as many veggies as you can, as well as lean white meats such as turkey, chicken, and lean cuts of pork. (absolutely no bacon)

For the exercise thing, there absolutely is time. Cut out part of your free time/sleep time to go to a gym/do some exercises. Trust me. You can make time.
pssst. you guys should all read this
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
Keep me updated! :bee:

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey guys, just bumping with a little update.

So recently within a couple of months, I've been encountering old acquaintances that I hadn't seen for a few years. It seems that the common phrase I keep hearing from them is "Dude, you used to be so big." It's great to personally hear that my progress has been good. When I look at myself in the mirror, unless its a significant change, I don't really notice it so it's great to hear from the perspective of others. Now I just need to lose a couple of inches of belly/body fat and my first personal fitness will be complete. I'll be sure to take a pic soon so I can compare it to my future self. I would do the same to an old photo of myself but my old phone got corrupted and I lost all my photos, including the photo I was gonna use to compare to my present self.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just bumping with a little update.

So recently within a couple of months, I've been encountering old acquaintances that I hadn't seen for a few years. It seems that the common phrase I keep hearing from them is "Dude, you used to be so big." It's great to personally hear that my progress has been good. When I look at myself in the mirror, unless its a significant change, I don't really notice it so it's great to hear from the perspective of others. Now I just need to lose a couple of inches of belly/body fat and my first personal fitness will be complete. I'll be sure to take a pic soon so I can compare it to my future self. I would do the same to an old photo of myself but my old phone got corrupted and I lost all my photos, including the photo I was gonna use to compare to my present self.
Congrats man. :grin: It's a really good feeling, even if it isn't much. I've only gotten one complement so far, and it was a girl that was just like "wow Alex you're looking pretty buff lately".
She's the only one who has said anything, though.

On an unrelated topic, I plan on making some workout playlists if you guys would be interested.

Hey man, give me an update on how everything's going.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Congrats man. :grin: It's a really good feeling, even if it isn't much. I've only gotten one complement so far, and it was a girl that was just like "wow Alex you're looking pretty buff lately".
She's the only one who has said anything, though.

On an unrelated topic, I plan on making some workout playlists if you guys would be interested.
You'll get plenty of complements and passing looks from all the gals soon brah. Just give it time. I "feel" like I had one complement too. A friend of mine came to me and was asked me if I could help him learn things in the gym. It wasn't a direct compliment (You're growing, getting buffed/toned, etc) but I feel like him coming to me for advice and help for his fitness goal was one.

I'm really interested. So far I only have two podcasts and a couple of songs in my workout playlist and I'd really like to expand it.

Top Bottom