• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Who says you're bad, Justin?
It's that Nana, isn't it? She's always talking trash behind your back.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I want to thank everyone for coming out yesterday, was awesome seeing everyone again. Alien thanks again for the stream set up, it was awesome. Eugene, thanks for showing up :p you guys are getting better you need to start getting your weeklies going again. Corvallis peeps good job a lot of you placed really well and you're all improving a lot, I specifically noticed a lot of improvement in ElementEmo? I think is his gamer tag, and Kazuki, Also Bird has stepped it up quite a bit too (I didn't get to play Alien or Purpletuce at all). To my Noregon homies, good to see you all again, we need to start playing some more to lvl up. Eggz you're still too good but I'm comin for ya. ****ard, stop choking in tournament dude you're definitely top 5 material just need to show it to everyone. Ryan, You should stick with jiggs man, unless you don't have fun with the character or something. But Your jiggs is good for sure. Ratking good **** on coming back and ****** the bracket, was almost like old times.

I also want to give shout outs to all the new people who came idk where the heard about the tournament or if they'll see this post but because there was so many new people it made the tournament even more fun than it would have been, the more people the better imo. Hope you can all make it to the next tournament too would be glad to see you all again.

Over all I had a really fun time yesterday and I hope you all did too. Hopefully we can get the same if not more people coming out next month.

Binx

Smash Master
Who says you're bad, Justin?
It's that Nana, isn't it? She's always talking trash behind your back.
I wouldnt mind the trash talk if she would quit edgehogging me.

In all seriousness though I just want to try to improve at every tournament and I don't know that I accomplished that this time which kind of upsets me, oh well need to redouble my effort for next time.

keeper

Smash Champion
He ran a tournament and didn't pay out money he just left or something along those lines. Never saw him again.
He last had a tournament back in like, 2010 or something in deep NW Portland in some horribly difficult place to find out in the backyard of some little place he was living in. Timmy and T0mmy were there. It was Brawl, but there was a Melee set-up. T0mmy made a lot of disappointed sighs when he played on it, standard.

I'm like 50% going to that thing at that pizza place tomorrow (today, but it's 3 am and stuff), but I'm honestly nervous/scared to go out there. I don't want to be waiting at a bus stop in the alphabet district at around midnight near Dante's nor do I want to drive there nor do I deal well with completely unfamiliar people. I think I've become a weird variant of a hermit.

keeper

Smash Champion
Keeper, why don't you ask ****ard for a ride to/from home? I'm pretty sure he lives close to you.

Also, I think we should start up best bout wednesdays again.
I honestly had no clue who was going for sure. He lives in West Linn, iirc. I saw him in the Safeway up there, but he was walking out and I was near the bread section; I think it would have been pretty awkward to shout a greeting from where I was.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
no way dude!? thats crazy man you could have said something. i probably would have tried to convince you to go to more events LOL. was definitely gonna go to the reddit thing and i was talking to foos who wanted to go also. it would have been fun

keeper

Smash Champion
Keeper where do you live? There's a smashfest at ****ard's tonight and I could pick you up.
Sorry I didn't respond/went MIA. I really do appreciate the offer though and it's very kind of you.

How was that pizza Melee get together, Keeper?
The pizza tournament is being rescheduled, if that's what you're talking about.
Bingo. As far as today, I had Papa Murphy's. It was adequate, especially for its price. While others complain about it, I think they ship a pretty good product.

I was a bit surprised to see this thread didn't move much for 11 days. I suppose some of you were doing holiday stuff.
Binx, I finally hit Diamond in SC2 after buckling down and playing for awhile. Albeit it's both in the HotS beta and in random 2v2 as Zerg (I like 2v2 more than 1v1, it's much less stressful, but not nearly as stupid as 3v3 or 4v4). My friend, in our pairing, and I ended up playing ZoiaLighT teamed with FrodaN (they smashed us) in one of our placement matches and a former pro named MYiSony much later on (apparently he helped found the team My Intent, but parted ways, he was bitter when talking about it/wouldn't talk about it. We almost beat him and his teammate, but I took some economy damage and didn't get good enough tech and my friend had a bad rally and lost three colossi for almost nothing). You and I believe Kazuki were the only two smashers I knew that had any interest in Starcraft, so I think about you guys sometimes when playing it.:awesome:

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
sc2 is the only fighting game I've ever played to win other than smash. That being said I was casual. Also, Ivy is the best, Voldo is the worst.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I never really played much SC2, though I have to admit that the guest appearance of Link was really cool. I guess it was a foreshadowing of Namco working on a future Smash Bros game. XD

Binx

Smash Master
sc2 was for starcraft 2, i actually hate soul calibur, I think its mechanics are really simple and the game lacks significant depth to hold my interest.

As far as other fighting games I really enjoyed Guilty Gear, and SNKvsCAP2

But ya for sc2 I got to mid-high masters and then blizzard kept nerfing every new strategy until the game got boring. I don't really like relying completely on mechanics to decide winners, I much prefer the strategy and army movement, and general micro to a large macro focused game with little decision making. I miss wc3 T.T

I've been playing a ton of Leagues lately though I got to gold (1500elo, top3% i think) so thats pretty cool, game is a lot better than I used to give it credit for, I play with Gage and Eggz and Minh every once in awhile.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
lmfao! Once people started talking about Soul Calibur I started thinking I was an idiot for assuming that people were referring to Starcraft 2...

You low tier mains, confusing me even when we aren't playing smash. lol

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't know if Logan was being serious when he was talking about Soul Calibur 2, but I couldn't resist going along with it. (it's not the first time the acronym was used in jest).

Is it true Blizzard hit SC2 with nerfs to specific strategies simply because the strategies existed? That sounds sort of harsh, like it kills off the game without giving it a chance to flourish on its own. I guess I could see a reason behind that if the strategies dulled down the game or something, but I'm guessing that's not the case.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Games on the computer don't exist because I can't hold them. Software is a lie. Also, I'm going to try to come up on the 19th, no promises. Corvallis doesn't really have tourneys. . . We should try to make one in the future though. That would be cool, we always just have friday smashfests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom