• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeper

Smash Champion
No one ever picks me up for things anyway. >_>

I try to keep a $5 on me so I can pay general gas (though one time I didn't have one and could only give Brandon like $3 and felt bad). That's stuff for the metro area though. I'd honestly just really like to play someone though. The last person I played was Shadic in his apartment after school in September or October.

Not to say I live anywhere near convenient. t.t

The juggling was very neat, Wad. I then put on your around the world mash-up.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
it costs me about 70 bucks a trip to and from portland now that gas prices have gone up, I only put up with it honestly cause jason and I split costs, and when juce comes we split it 3 ways, and when we pick up eugene people they toss in 3-10dollars a piece and it really does help haha. I put up with it mostly cause smash is my one vice, i don't drink, smoke, drugs, gamble, anything worth money really... just smash and bills so i put most of my pocket money into smash. I've got 500 saved up for genesis 2. <3

I love you Oregon, but paying for gas really does help us drivers, and gives us incentives to pick you up.

Just throwing this out there... but the rule for like... ANY midwest carpool is 3+ passengers picked up by the driver, and the driver doesn't pay for gas, while everyone else splits money. Usually the driver pitches in for long drives though *OoS tourneys* since the driver has to pay for anything that happens to the vehicle *wear and tear, oil, tires, fixing vehicles, etc.*

Yea, also I'm going all Bowser, Kirby, Zelda in the Eugene tourney <3

GET *****

Surreal

Smash Ace
Everyone bring setups if you can since Guardian Games can't provide any for us.

Btw I'm requesting anyone who can carry my TV in their vehicle. You don't have to carpool me if you don't want to (though if you can, then <3), but if you can volunteer to carry my TV to the venue that would be very appreciated.

And remember, if you take my TV it means more setups which means more people can play, which means more friendlies for you and a tournament that finishes faster., so you benefit too by carrying it.

...Also it's a nice TV for smash cause it's big. <3

Surreal

Smash Ace
Hey pawnch, I talked to Alex (the guy I mentioned earlier AKA pwneroni) and he has one free seat left in his carpool for the Eugene tournament. He says gas is 5 bucks.

keeper

Smash Champion
Did you take a look at all my mashups evan? How were they?
Just the Around the World one. haha I looked at it because I remembered both of those songs really well from years past. What program was it on? It was fine for what it was, not as good as Charlie Brown+soccer ball juggling though. ^^

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
You should take a look at the queen vs no doubt one. That's my facorite. I used a pretty simplistic audio mixer called acoustica. And I only used it because I found it for free. When I reformatted my computer I couldn't find the free one again so I stopped.

Surreal

Smash Ace
Just fought through all the of the forms of the Lord of the Dragovians in DQ VIII and got it recorded.

It took 2 hours, and 12 minutes. It'll make a fine series of videos to put as my first uploads ever on youtube. <3

I'm beat though. x__x

pawnch

Smash Cadet
Cant make it to Eugene this saturday, but i will go to LOST 3 and get my *** kicked.

so whats the timing and the entry fee?

keeper

Smash Champion
Cant make it to Eugene this saturday, but i will go to LOST 3 and get my *** kicked.

so whats the timing and the entry fee?
Pro-Am tip: The timing will never be strictly followed since someone will invariably show up late for some reason. Whether it be the tourney host, EaWa, or yourself.

Singles is usually a round number such as $5 or $10. Teams is usually $10 per team.

debaser

Smash Lord
that makes no sense (edit: wad. jeff speaks truth).

tournies usually only get held up if a whole group of out-of-staters or out-of-region people are late. because this is oregon, that's usually EaWa.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Ten or eleven is usually when things open up. Signups usually start by noon, and stuff gets off the ground by one. This is just general though and I don't know when phil wants to get things going. Show up before noon and you should be golden.

I'm also sad I don't get to meet you at the end of this week.

I realize my logic sounds kind of wrong, but I think it's better to try to get people to show up early rather than late.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Pro-Am tip: The timing will never be strictly followed since someone will invariably show up late for some reason. Whether it be the tourney host, EaWa, or yourself.

Singles is usually a round number such as $5 or $10. Teams is usually $10 per team.
I'm not gonna be late ;)

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
So there's a thing going on in Eugene tomorrow? Shame I didn't think to check these boards a week ago. Probably could have arranged to have work off.

keeper

Smash Champion
Talk to brandon. He's still fairly close to you. Or talk to pawnch. He could use a mentor.
I think he went somewhere for the weekend. Though I know the area he lives in really well, even though the bus takes three hours to get there I think (it's 20 minutes by car). That and I'm certain he's still moving, which is quite an arduous process for some.

I have no idea where I could play pawnch at. @_@ Difficulties suck.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I think he went somewhere for the weekend. Though I know the area he lives in really well, even though the bus takes three hours to get there I think (it's 20 minutes by car). That and I'm certain he's still moving, which is quite an arduous process for some.

Talk to them. Talk to them. Talk to them. @@@@@@@@

That's the closest thing to a swirly I got on my keyboard.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman

rarerrgrgrbblbb. I'm here

I currently have a sinus infection, in the process of moving, living at my GF's parents house to take care of their cat, and have work for the next few days straight, but god damn it I want to smash, so maybe we can set something up. Eric and Jeremy were talking about smashing tomorrow so I'll talk to them and maybe you can come join us. I'll let you know when I can. Is your cell phone number still the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom