• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeper

Smash Champion
wow that sounds terrible. Just stay up after school until like 8pm
Haha, yesterday/today. I went home and passed out at 5 pm and woke up at 3 am...

So in other news, why is Melee Marth utilt so good? I'm so used to it being more situational in Brawl lol.

And lucario might be getting a 0-40 CG on fox (maybe falco too) via uthrow ala Melee Marth CG.

Oh yeah I need help exploring how to use DB in Melee, aside from the obvious use to boost recovery. It's definitely different from Brawl, I hear it provides some setups against light characters.
Utilt is really good. Marth really doesn't have a bad move, just some that are much more situational than others. Dancing Blade, the first time you use it in the air gives you the most boost, the other ones really just stall you (stop both vertical and horizontal momentum a lot). As for other stuff, you can do some cool gimp stuff with it on spacies and the thing that Gage said. The third hit of it on the ground kills really well too. Hit three, when directed down is a meteor, and generic hit 4 kills horizontally while hit 4 directed up can kill off the ceiling, but is probably not your best option.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
So in other news, why is Melee Marth utilt so good? I'm so used to it being more situational in Brawl lol.

And lucario might be getting a 0-40 CG on fox (maybe falco too) via uthrow ala Melee Marth CG.

Oh yeah I need help exploring how to use DB in Melee, aside from the obvious use to boost recovery. It's definitely different from Brawl, I hear it provides some setups against light characters.
Keeper and Gage summed it up well. However, I feel it's a little underrated tbh. The first hit is actually pretty good at interrupting since it comes out at a decent speed. It's a good poke move if they're close and if you're in the air. I tend to think of it as a secondary jab for Marth, where you can follow up with a grab or reverse up B or something like that. It also is good for just getting something out quick to cancel out one of their projectiles (like a missile or a pill).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So you can use DB1 like you can in Brawl as a mixup? To get a grab or something?

Oh yeah, is marth ftilt good? It's garbage in Brawl, but I notice it's a little better in Melee (then again a lot of things are minus usmash and DB possibly).

debaser

Smash Lord
marth ftilt is AmAzInG

it's definitely situational, but good in a lot of situations.

wavedash forward to ftilt is a really good approach to mix in sometimes because it's a pretty quick move and has a healthy amount of range. like if you know falco is going to laser, wd ftilt will stuff that ****, and if you space it right and hit with the tip falco's probably going off stage at 40% or higher.

tipped ftilt in general is really nice. it's a bit safer than fsmash, it can kill at highish percents, surprises people sometimes. it's one of my favorite moves in the game

keeper

Smash Champion
Keeper and Gage summed it up well. However, I feel it's a little underrated tbh. The first hit is actually pretty good at interrupting since it comes out at a decent speed. It's a good poke move if they're close and if you're in the air. I tend to think of it as a secondary jab for Marth, where you can follow up with a grab or reverse up B or something like that. It also is good for just getting something out quick to cancel out one of their projectiles (like a missile or a pill).
I feel dtilt is a better "poke" move than DB1.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260812

This looks really cool, it's basically Brawl+, except with all the FULL mechanics of Melee, including wavedash/wavelanding, l-canceling (not the old B+ kind), so it's essentially going to be Brawl but with Melee mechanics (not just hitstun), and is going to even change things like Brawl falco shine to the Melee falco shine, and more.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Shadic- No one plays Brawl+ in this state. It's fine if you aren't that great at melee. We have a lot of up and comers. So don't worry your pretty little head.
I guess either is fine. Is there much activity in Portland? I know there's a few pretty good Smashers in the area. I need some friendly smash. :(

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I don't know what pretty good smashers you know of. I guess I would be considered one of them :p. We hold smashfests at Juce and I's house at least once a week. I would try doing something this weekend, but I'll be at a Washington tournament. Now do you just want to play casual smash like all items hyrule castle only? Or do you actually want to play the game?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...No. No items. I'm far from Pro, but at the point where actual casuals aren't a challenge.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
My car's dead at PCC, so if I can replace the starter/solenoid before leaving, sure. I might have to miss this month tho. If I don't make it grape for me.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Sorry both of you but you posted too late. I had to go to work. We have a Van that is full now going to GC. Kaos 7 of us are. Only one melee person though that being me.

bugsdabunny

Smash Cadet
In case people care, there is going to be a Civil War LAN between OSU and UO on Jan 22 and 23 and there is going to be Super Smash Brothers Melee at OSU. Its not going to be a huge tournament or anything but there is going to be one and hopefully lots of friendlies. There is also going to be lots of Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty, and lots of other LAN games. If anyone is interested let me know, I think the fee to get in is 15 bucks or something.

Grunt

Smash Master
I had the weirdest dream ever.
so like, all the oregon people were at my place playing the weirdest version of smash I've ever seen, but then something happened to our Wii so we stopped playing. it was me, mooch, alex and some unidentifiable person at this one station. so we're swapping Wii's, and we start talking about Bioshock and Alex is like "Man! that game sucks!" then all the other people just stop playing and start giving him **** about how bioshock was amazing. then someone started singing the "somewhere...beyond the sea" song and that's all i can remember.

bugsdabunny

Smash Cadet
As far as I know it is only Melee, but there might be Brawl and I just don't know about it. There will definitely be prizes(non cash) for the LAN games and I think there will be a prize for the Melee Tournament. There will be singles for sure and doubles if there is a big enough turn out.
http://civilwarlan.com/ Info is here, prizes and tournaments aren't quite finalized yet.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
My experience in these type of things is that you have to be a student at the university and show an id card to either enter or win prizes. Telling people to come to this is more than likely futile if they don't actually go to either school.

On a different note, I only saw brawl as an option in the forums on there.

bugsdabunny

Smash Cadet
You can go to it if you don't go to the school, it just costs a little extra. Also, the Melee tournament would be at OSU only. I have talked to Necrossis who is the coordinator for OSU and he said that there will be Melee almost for sure, but there is no final list so no games are 100% confirmed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom