• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I see 3 days of increased chances for a Ridley or some big update:Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Or maybe Sakurai will decide to spring something on us that is comepletely unexpected
So you think Sakurai would put a special update up for a one day holiday only used by one country in the world?

Edit: Oops double post and also we vote so Ridley gains an even higher reputation on these boards (AND THE WORLD!!).

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Edit: Oops double post and also we vote so Ridley gains an even higher reputation on these boards (AND THE WORLD!!).
Not much of a need, someone says something against Ridley and about 15 people jump on him/her on automatic. Everyone knows that. ;)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Whenever I can. How many hours way is the next one? So I know when to be on (And because people prefer to use EST rather than GMT).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wow.... Ridley Prime, why do you quote so many things to reply to?
It's just how I am. Part of my posting nature, if you will.

Such a long post makes me not want to read any of it, really.
Then I guess you have a low attention span or something. :ohwell:

Rawr!
No more quoting pointless things. It's not even like there's much of a discussion that requires mult-quote posts!!

:mad:
Meh. I suppose you're right about that last part, but to me, the things I quote in particular usually aren't pointless, and even if they are, I still like to make my response to them (whether it be in a positive or negative manner).

Midna and Ashley are above Ike and Fox, this is a blasphemy.
lol A result of character sexism maybe? I don't know.

The face is my '
' but with laziness of getting into photobucket to get it attached. XD
Oh, I see. Heh...

There is a difference, a very big difference in fact. XD
Meh. I figured as much...

21 images max. Thats your answer RP.
Well then, could you get rid of one of the images to add the MP3 box cover? (or not get rid of one of the images, but just post it in link form instead so it doesn't count as an image)

It just doesn't look right for there to be box covers of all the other games listed and not Prime 3...

Also, I just noticed there's one other Metroid game Ridley's in that isn't listed. Metroid Prime Pinball for the DS :p, though since it's just an average (but pretty fun) spinoff, I don't think it really needs to be added, unless someone else is willing to do it. xd

Legolastom

Smash Hero
@ Ridley Prime: Well the original Metroid doesn't have its box... and the other images are to important to take away. But IMO it looks fine without the box art. (And also IMO the box art is ugly : P).

Also MPP is just a pinball version of Metroid prime so no need really.

@ Pengie: That better have been a joke.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
@ Ridley Prime: Well the original Metroid doesn't have its box...
Err, yes it does...

METROID

In the original Metroid, the Galactic Federation hired bounty hunter Samus Aran to infiltrate a Space Pirate base on Planet Zebes, and destroy their leader, the Mother Brain. In order to access Tourian (where the Mother Brain was located), Samus had to defeat the two mini-bosses, Kraid and Ridley. Kraid in the dark, rocky depths of Brinstar. And Ridley, in the lava scorched, ancient Chozo ruins known as Norfair.

Ridley was a difficult opponent to say the least. Players had fight around his hazardous, lava filled lair, all while dodging a barrage of fireballs from the purple beast. However, after a slew of missles and beams, he was finally defeated. Upon the last blow, he exploded into several chunks (Power Ranger style).

At the time, Ridley's past and connection with Samus Aran remained unknown. Of course, players were shocked after they discovered Samus was female, due to the game's ending and the misleading text in the game's manual that stated she was a "he." So, no one knows if this was intentional, or that Ridley's backstory was made up in the later games. At any rate, Ridley was but a lowly boss figure at the time, serving as a less-than-worthy opponent for the bounty huntress. Samus' and Ridley's hatred to one another only grew as the series went on, to the point of arch-rivalry.

Ridley Boss Battle (6:01)

See the box at the bottom of the quote? :p

and the other images are to important to take away.
Hence why I said you could have one of the other pics posted in link form instead (without the IMG tags) to make room for the MP3 box cover.
For instance, you could just have the Target Test picture posted in link form since it's apparently not posted in full version anyway (you have to click on it to see the whole thing. It would be the same as having it in hyperlink form, where you just click it to see it).

(And also IMO the box art is ugly : P).
Meh. It didn't seem that bad to me, though it could've been better...

Also MPP is just a pinball version of Metroid prime so no need really.
Then by that, I guess we don't need Zero Mission on the list either since it's just a remake of the 1st game...
j/k

MPP being added to the list was just a joke suggestion. That's all. :p

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I gotta say, the first post in this thread is very well done. At first I was more of a non-believer/hater of Ridley in Brawl, and wanted him as either a boss or AT. But then after playing MPH3 for a while today, I decided to check this thread out, because I know its been around for a while and is extremely popular. After reading all of the post, checking out the awesome boss battles(i still have his boss fight music stuck in my head) and seeing the movelist, you have changed my mind I am now a proud Ridley supporter.(although i still think Ridley might be made into a SE boss :ohwell:)

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I gotta say, the first post in this thread is very well done. At first I was more of a non-believer/hater of Ridley in Brawl, and wanted him as either a boss or AT. But then after playing MPH3 for a while today, I decided to check this thread out, because I know its been around for a while and is extremely popular. After reading all of the post, checking out the awesome boss battles(i still have his boss fight music stuck in my head) and seeing the movelist, you have changed my mind I am now a proud Ridley supporter.(although i still think Ridley might be made into a SE boss :ohwell:)
Lawl, great you changed your mind.
We can't be 100% sure a character will make it into Brawl, but I'm about as close as you can get. If Ganondorf, Dedede and Bowser have all gotten into Brawl as PCs, for me it's almost sure that Ridley should as well unless Sakurai says that Samus and her zero suit form are enough representation, which I find doubtful.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ooh, Ridley thread has been burned in the Elimination thread!!!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
What do I have to do so that you'd forget about that stupid popularity contest? >_>

Wreked

Smash Lord
Wow, too bad I wasn't here for this.

I'm just a little made at who beat him. I mean Luigi Falcon Olimar and Geno?

I could see Geno because of the fanbase but Luigi? This would be so much easier if they were something like Megaman, Lucario, Wolf, Krystal then I wouldn't be shocked because they are great characters. Just as long as Geno doesn't win, most likely the $%@^ Alliance will use it as an excuse to why Geno will be in.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
We have decided that their will be 20 members of RIDLEY. And also, we have decided on a ranking system as well as several objectives that we need to accomplish on the boards. So as of now, we're accepting 4 members. Just a little note. I know that many of you don't care, but I just thought I'd give an update.

Anyway, for a topic of discussion.... What do you think Ridley's taunts will be?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Just as long as Geno doesn't win, most likely the $%@^ Alliance will use it as an excuse to why Geno will be in.
This is the Ridley thread, please do not make any unnecessary conflicts with the other character supporters. :(

@Gypsy Lee: I'll join if I'm allowed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom