• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Mewtwo Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since when can you "shoot" Barrier?
Depending on your definition of the word "Barrier"

People have been known to throw shields in movies/ video games...

Barriers are concentrated energy used for protection...

Imagine what damage a concentration of energy can deal if harnessed as a weapon...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Depending on your definition of the word "Barrier"

People have been known to throw shields in movies/ video games...

Barriers are concentrated energy used for protection...

Imagine what damage a concentration of energy can deal if harnessed as a weapon...
Well I was thinking of the move, but a very good point.

JohnAnon

Smash Cadet
Here are my suggestion how how they should fix Mewtwo:

- Slightly more durable
- Better/different smash attacks, including a VA Smash that hits both sides
- Shorter start-up on standard ground attacks
- More damaging aerial attacks
New B moves suggestions:
B: Aura Sphere: Can't hold it in indefinitely and do damage to anyone while charging, but is faster and semi-homing
>B: Make it a grab-type attack against enemies and/or let you grab ANY projectiles and "throw" it back like an item
^B: Keep it the same
VB: Less start-up time

Seriously, I hope Mewtwo gets out of bottom tier in Brawl, and especially not replaced by Lucario (which isn't gonna happen).

Luigi player

Smash Master
But what about Pokemon Trainer... he's three Pokemon in one. 3 + Pikachu + Jigglypuff + Lucario is already 6.
That's pretty much. And it would be 7 with Mewtwo.

Black/Light

Smash Master
It seems pretty obvious to me that PT is Sakurai's way of squeezing more pokemon in without filling in all those slots.
Actualy, it seems like he did that cause PT, by himself, repersents pokemon better than anyone can. I really don't think anyone on the team cared that they "saved some slots". At the end of the day you still have +3 playable pokemon and thats nothing to stuhh at.

People should keep in mind that the movie isn't a perfect depiction of the games. Mewtwo could have been using Psychic to destroy the lab. There have been several cases where the same move looked different.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
So are we saying that his new moveset will be based off of the movie or off of the video games? Honestly, he's cool in the movie, for sure, but I'd prefer something a little more canonical. The movesets on the front page look very nice, so I'd go with those definitely.

Ridley FTB!!!, the little sig you have in the bottom that says, "I Survived the Ridley Wars" makes me smile. I joined just a few days before then...and when I look back at that day all I can think of is Ride of the Valkyries...

So are we saying that his new moveset will be based off of the movie or off of the video games? Honestly, he's cool in the movie, for sure, but I'd prefer something a little more canonical. The movesets on the front page look very nice, so I'd go with those definitely.
The video games, obviously. The anime isn't done by Nintendo.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I didn't like too much this thread, but i'm mewtwo supporter all the way ... so I want to be added...

anyways.... what happened to the other thread???

oh, and also, i want to contribute with the mewto sticker i have done... :p put it in the initial page!

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
Haven't posted in a while, but rest assured that Mewtwo support is duly taken care of in my area (along with Jiggs' Rest love). Dealing with the current topic, I am extremely biased. It would be stupid to model Mewtwo off his anime self because of the hatred of the anime in general. While I love the Pokemon games, the anime is the most worthless piece of crap to ever try to fit under the guise of quality Japanese entertainment. Okay, maybe that was a little exaggeratted, but hey, to each their own.

I also agree with Uchiha.Sanosuke; the first page movesets are really good.

Mewtwo for Mid-God Tier, -Oath

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Wow this new page is great! Put me on the genetic genocide please!
That re-mixed pokemon stadium theme is just screaming BRAWL
expect a re-vamped moveset from me soon :)

Grandeza

Smash Master
Has mewtwo been a recurring pokemon on the show and/or video games? I don't play pokemon or watch the show sry. I want him in but if he's not very recurring then I'm not so sure his chances are amazing.

kad15

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo was one of my fav character
he had some nasty combos
Hope hes in brawl

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
he was bad in melee but i really think only the side b and the down b needs to be redone or powered up along with mewtwo's strength in general. but some people where able to master him so he wasn't that bad cause ive seen tapes of what the legendary pk is capable of but he does need a boost like bowser

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
it would be great if we could get a celrulean cave stage to where mewtwo first appeared...think anyone could make sometin like that?

and you also put up my b moveset for me lol but y not phywave?? phycho cut still works but phywave would be more origanal

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
First of all Thanks to everyone who likes the movesets on the first page...and yeah, B down or B side should defenitely be psybeam or psywave. Confusion wouldn't be so bad if they made the range longer...but I hate his current side B, it's fairly useless.

Machete

Smash Ace
Has mewtwo been a recurring pokemon on the show and/or video games? I don't play pokemon or watch the show sry. I want him in but if he's not very recurring then I'm not so sure his chances are amazing.
He appears in two movies (as a main antagonist in the first one and as one of the main characters in the second one). He appears in some of the first episodes of the anime.

You can catch him in Red, Blue, Yellon, Fire Red and Leaf Green (he's the "ultimate legendary"); but you can play with him in all the games.

He's also the "final boss" in Pokémon Stadium.

Yeah, Mewtwo is pretty recurring and important.

Do you really think he needs that much buffing?
Yeah. He's not THAT bad if you're a good player; but he's way worse than almost all the characters. Mewtwo needs a huge improvement.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Extreemly stoked for Mewtwo.
He is actually the one character I cannot imagine in Brawl but know he'll be there. Like, he'll be easier to use and wont rely on WDing and might have some usefull specials. How, what, um...??? :laugh: Mewtwo will be great as well as he should be!

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
It seems that the reveal of Pikmin & Olimar has the Brawl Character Discussion buzzing...So many new threads I decided to post just so I could bump this thread back to the top...

While Mewtwo doesn't actually have relevance to the story(game), he is an important pokemon. The strongest legendary of the first generation. There aren't really any legendaries that would work for Brawl other than Mewtwo...most of them are gigantic.

Top Bottom