• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Mewtwo Thread

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
So a sprite sheet of the armored Mewtwo? I did do a pretty nice Mewtwo edit at one point in time...not the armored one though. We'd probably be better finding someone else because I haven't sprited in at least half a year...I might attempt it for fun sometime this week, though.:)

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Mewtwo return. As I listed on my Gallade thread, hopefully the Pokemon roster is:
Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Gallade.
On another note, who made the last alternate costume (the armoured one) on the front page. It looks awesome!

kaid

Smash Master
Well, to dispell recent rumors of conflict between us, I would like to affiliate the Lucario Shrine with Genetic Genocide.

Would you accept our offer?

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
Looks like the Poke'Support Threads are starting to team up. We shall conquer all of Brawl with our Aura Spheres and Shadow Balls! But in all seriousness...I found my old "Giga"Mewtwo Sprite.

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
I made it about half a year ago...And I just gave it the name GigaMewtwo now. Until then it was like...MetaMewtwo or ShadowMewtwo...Just my take on Mewtwo except eviler.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
That should be mewtwo's black costume.
Also is there a thin banner I can use? Something like my **** Staff banner please
Well not at the moment....ask vesper if he could work his magic :p
OK, vesper (or anyone good with photoshop), can you make one like that? Or an icon with the words "Genetic Genocide" on it. I really just want a support group tag that'll fit in my sig.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Looks like the Poke'Support Threads are starting to team up. We shall conquer all of Brawl with our Aura Spheres and Shadow Balls! But in all seriousness...I found my old "Giga"Mewtwo Sprite.
Subspace boss anyone?

OK, vesper (or anyone good with photoshop), can you make one like that? Or an icon with the words "Genetic Genocide" on it. I really just want a support group tag that'll fit in my sig.
If I only knew how to animate...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Possible changes to Mewtwo

*Faster running speed, less lag when starting up if nothing else.

*Longer range on grabs, where does it say that mewtwo has to touch it to grab something?

*Stronger attacks, mewtwo is known for its TREMENDOUS attack.

*Faster attack speed, Mewtwo is also known for its blindingly fast speed.

*Improved or changed B> and BV, self explanatory:

My variations:
B> Tri-attack: Mewtwo crossses its arms, and shoots off a 3 colored beam, with the effect
of fire, electricity, or ice. Shorter range than Shadow ball, but much faster.
BV Barrier: Similar to Zelda's B, but repels players inside of its distance as well, with moderate damage. If players run into it, they will be knocked back with minor damage.

*More weight, 269lbs ain't that big, but certainly ain't small.

*More knockback in attacks, so he can send a Rhyhorn flying in the movie, but can't do it to Pichu and Jigglypuff in Melee?

*Different A,A,A attacks, were these ever useful in Melee??

*Keep everything else, floatyness was what made him KING of recovery.

*Final Smash, well, I'd like seeing that blue energy ball attack(I call it aura sphere:p) he used in the 1st movie
Here @ 4:09 onwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k91Su1NwtE
He should be able to fly into people, and shoot them with it by pressing B :)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Possible changes to Mewtwo

*Faster running speed, less lag when starting up if nothing else.
Hmm... not sure about that, but a he'd probably be a litte faster.

*Longer range on grabs, where does it say that mewtwo has to touch it to grab something?
I completely agree with this. If I'm playing as Mewtwo, I probably think of this every time. Mewtwo should've the longest grab range. Probably even a little better than Marth.

*Gliding ability, Mewtwo can levitate, and it'd be awesome if he could glide of float.
Meh, he isn't really gliding. I think his floatyness is okay how it is. Gliding would be really strange...

*Stronger attacks, mewtwo is known for its TREMENDOUS attack.
I totally agree.

*Faster attack speed, Mewtwo is also known for its blindingly fast speed.
Yeah, at least on most of his attacks, but he'd probably be way too good XD

*Improved or changed B>, B^ and BV, self explanatory:

My variations:
B> Tri-attack: Mewtwo crossses its arms, and shoots off a 3 colored beam, with the effect
of fire, electricity, or ice. Shorter range than Shadow ball, but much faster.
BV Barrier: Similar to Zelda's B, but repels players inside of its distance as well, with moderate damage. If players run into it, they will be knocked back with minor damage.
B^ Teleport: Same as previous one, but like Meta Knights Bv, attacks once it reappears. If it connects to something in the air, Mewtwo can perform it again.
Hmm... not sure about Tri-attack. Can it even learn it? I think Bv should be aura sphere (he unleashes a little aura around him (not only forward)).
Maybe Barrier could be B>. I really like that idea.
I'm not sure if you should hit with Teleport. I think it's great how it is.

*More weight, 269lbs ain't that big, but certainly ain't small.
Absolutely.

*More knockback in attacks, so he can send a Rhyhorn flying in the movie, but can't do it to Pichu and Jigglypuff in Melee?
Yeah, maybe he should have some strong and laggy attacks, but most of them have really good knockback, but don't do too much damage (or else he would be WAY too good ^^)

*Different A,A,A attacks, were these ever useful in Melee??
I agree, I always hated it if I accidently do them and then don't get out of it and I think nearly every time I do it I'm getting hit after that.

*Keep everything else, floatyness was what made him KING of recovery.
Yeah, I loved it. ^^

*Final Smash, well, I'd like seeing that blue energy ball attack(I call it aura sphere:p) he used in the 1st movie
Here @ 4:09 onwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k91Su1NwtE
He should be able to fly into people, and shoot them with it by pressing B :)
I'd like a final smash where he uses psychic. He flys a little slow in the air (not too slow), then he unleashes a little aura thingy around him that has a pretty good radius and then he does like if he'd be powering up (like in dragonball z) and everyone in the aura will get electrified (like his normal air attack and it does about 38% if you're in it since it begun)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Lol, my bad, those were some of ny old suggestions(just copy'd and pasted em >_<)
And thanks LP for the good criticism :)

EDIT: Fix'd it, please use the post I have now

kaid

Smash Master
If Teleport was any longer, Mewtwo woul un-shinespike-able. He get's shinespiked from the ledge, he already teleports right back to the ledge.

Mewtwo's A move, I sometimes use as a showy way of stopping Missiles, pills or fireballs. Rapid-a, not so nice.

Hmm... not sure about Tri-attack. Can it even learn it? I think Bv should be aura sphere (he unleashes a little aura around him (not only forward)).
Maybe Barrier could be B>. I really like that idea.
I'm not sure if you should hit with Teleport. I think it's great how it is.
In the first generation, through a TM. I would still prefer he used a psychic move for his side special.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure that "Aura Sphere" in the first move was just barrier or something...

Top Bottom