• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Mewtwo

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully, this time he will be good. His final smash looks sweet too. Let us all put our hopes into him being awesome!

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I don't see how Lucario can be a clone of Mewtwo (if that's what you initially meant by Lucario being "The New Mewtwo"). I can see Lucario's B move being Aura Sphere and having the same effects as Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, but that's it really.

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
well what i meant by the new mewtwo was that he was the new legendary pokemon we get to play as. thats all.

tux_do

Smash Cadet
Don't even dare compare Mewtwo to that little mongrel. And the thing isn't even a Legendary Pokémon, so you're wrong on that count too.
lol, he's right. You are actually given him in diamond and pearl. But still, lucario is much better than mewtwo. He was my least favorite to play in melee

Chepe

Smash Lord
Judging from the videos, Lucario has only inherited a few qualities from Mewtwo while being mostly new stuff. Like his B move being almost the exact same move and his smash attacks having an aura "spray" kinda like Mewtwo had a dark spray. Other than that though, he has his own speed, weight, jump, tilts, etc...

Other characters inherited some Mewtwo stuff too, like Charizard getting his dash animation and side tilt and Lucas getting his second jump (flips over then rises). Lucario may have some similarities, but he is NOT the "new Mewtwo"...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Gameplay similarities with mewtwo:
-Aura sphere:, neutral b, he charges it like mewtwo shadowball, (damage included) and it look's like a shadowball, but has linear trajectory, in fact when you thrown it it's more similar to a samus charge beam in speed and trajectorie than a shadowball... don't know id it's chargeable in air nor if it isn't lost when you are hit trying to shoot it... (like shadowball)
-side dodge (ground): pretty similar in terms of speed, animation and distance
-forward smash, the kamehameha thinguie, instead of a purple explosion, a blue half sphere
-not sure if was lucario up tilt or up smash, but it was a swoop like mewto's up
tilt...

END OF GAMEPLAY SIMILARITIES

seriously guys, thats all that mewtwo and Lucario shares, lucario doesn't teleport, he runs, has wall jump, doesn't seems to have a broken recovery nor floatyness, no shadow claw, no electricity thing, no disable, no confusion absolutely different aerial gameplay (lucario has more quick directional non-swooping kikcs, contrary to aerial up and back od mewtwo), different second jump, different height, different traction, lucario is pretty fast, don't saw any grabs, but i don't think hat lucariohave the mewtwos powerful pshychic as a grab ¬¬... hell, even i both have one or two similar visual gimmicks like the round projectile they are in no way similar to anything.. lucario couldn't even be a luigified version of mewtwo...

both shave differents ways of fighting, more suited to their characters... lucario will not replace mewtwo never, he is just another character, if mewtwo it's out, he will left a void, not lucario...

so my thoughts, still hoping that metwo is also in brawl and no, lucario isn't Brawl's mewtwo.. if mewtwo is out (hope not) brawl would be simply mewtwoless losing a good moveset (and a ****ing good character)

PD: this post isn't lucario hating...

Vids of lucario: (not the best quality and teh games freezes a lot.. but hey, it's something!)
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=A8cEeD7x1Bo
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=4E5iEeigcuc

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
some of you guys are taking this a tad to seriously i think.

Judging from the videos, Lucario has only inherited a few qualities from Mewtwo while being mostly new stuff. Like his B move being almost the exact same move and his smash attacks having an aura "spray" kinda like Mewtwo had a dark spray. Other than that though, he has his own speed, weight, jump, tilts, etc...

Other characters inherited some Mewtwo stuff too, like Charizard getting his dash animation and side tilt and Lucas getting his second jump (flips over then rises). Lucario may have some similarities, but he is NOT the "new Mewtwo"...
i quote myself in saying...

"well what i meant by the new mewtwo was that he was the new legendary pokemon we get to play as. thats all."

granted, it would seem i was wrong and he isnt a legendary at all...but that doesnt change much of my sentence. kinda like how ROB is the new G&W even though they wont play anything alike and G&W is still around.

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
Yea, i have to agree that lucario is way different than mewtwo, even based on the limited number and poor quality of videos. I saw him using his "shadow ball" and it was very fast and did not deviate much from its path. It does look just about identical to Mewtwo's though, I'm not sure if it really is Aura Sphere or Shadow Ball. Aura Sphere could be his FS.

Yea, i have to agree that lucario is way different than mewtwo, even based on the limited number and poor quality of videos. I saw him using his "shadow ball" and it was very fast and did not deviate much from its path. It does look just about identical to Mewtwo's though, I'm not sure if it really is Aura Sphere or Shadow Ball. Aura Sphere could be his FS.
Well Aura Sphere is its signature move. Of course it is the standard special. And you can tell it looks nothing like Shadow Ball in terms of color. Another duh for it being Aura Sphere. And lastly, its Final Smash is a beam attack, not a sphere.

Mama

Smash Ace
Glad Lucario made it in. I'll miss good ol Mewtwo even though I never really used him and was disappointed to see him so weak when I first got him. But he's a fighter that bit the dust no less.

I want to have Lucario in my rotation. Curious to feel how he plays, cant wait.

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
Well, at the very least Lucario has the potential to learn the TM shadow ball in DP. I'm sure Sakurai will let us know when he announces Lucario on the Dojo. Possible moves being used as his final smash are dragon pulse, focus blast, or (probably more likely) Hyper Beam. Its FS reminds me of Deoxys in brawl, only aimable (or seeking?)

S2

Smash Lord
Lucario almost seems like a "redo" of M2.

He takes a couple basic concepts from M2, but then is all original from there. I would not call him a clone at all.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lucario is hardly like Mewtwo at all. While he does show some similarities, he's not to be called a clone right off the bat.

Like said before, his Aura Sphere travels in a linear path, unlike Mewtwo's Shadowball.

Top Bottom