• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

SLH

Smash Journeyman
ryan: me you dmon hazz
and i remember alex playing him, but he plays everyone

Sk8er4ever714

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a while. But I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a tourney this Saturday (March 3rd) at GameCrazy in Lindenhurst. It's a $2 entry fee and it starts at 2. I'm actually going :O If you need any more info IM me: Sk8er 10906

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Bleh you have to pay to play at Parallax, might as well play at someone's house if it's just for fun anyway.

And I accept all dittos, especially the Pichu one because I love bad characters. Anyone play Roy or Ness here besides me?

Renesor

Smash Ace
it has been cancelled

maybe another time I guess...when my mom wants to be a nice lady...tornys cancelled because I got a 98 as my quarter grade
yeah....thats life for ya....

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Bleh you have to pay to play at Parallax, might as well play at someone's house if it's just for fun anyway.

And I accept all dittos, especially the Pichu one because I love bad characters. Anyone play Roy or Ness here besides me?
I'll roy ditto you too but i dont feel like MMing that one lol

also noone really goes to plx besides tournies but you should ask around about smashfests and stuff hell alot of ppl dont know about them because they usually pop up last minute so u have to be on ur toes lol

S

Sir Marthsalot

Ah thy lowly peasants,
I, Sir Marthsalot, am delighted to report to yee that I hasith been rewarded with thy greatest rewarded thy knight can revieve. Thy reward is none other than thy plate of spaghetti.

I, Sir Marthsalot, came
I, Sir Marthsalot, saw
I, Sir Marthsalot, hit thee right dead in thy jaw.

Until next time,
Marth has exited.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
renesor said:
maybe another time I guess...when my mom wants to be a nice lady...tornys cancelled because I got a 98 as my quarter grade
you kiddin man? i wish i could get a grade like that. Man, your mom is strict. cancelling a tourney for a less-than-perfect grade? nobodys perfect. :ohwell:

_Pedochu

Smash Cadet
Wow. That. Really. Sucks. And. Isn't. Fair.

Ah thy lowly peasants,
I, Sir Marthsalot, am delighted to report to yee that I hasith been rewarded with thy greatest rewarded thy knight can revieve. Thy reward is none other than thy plate of spaghetti.

I, Sir Marthsalot, came
I, Sir Marthsalot, saw
I, Sir Marthsalot, hit thee right dead in thy jaw.

Until next time,
Marth has exited.
It's just getting annoying now.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Really? Killafox is good? Wow I never played him before so I wouldn't know. In fact, I don't even know how to play this game at all. I can't even l-cancel.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
l cancelling is for scrubs i personally f cancel because f cancelling is like l cancelling in 64 in that it takes away all the lag it's pretty crazy.

Also renesor what the hell is wrong with ur parents lol.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
ELI-mination said:
Really? Killafox is good? Wow I never played him before so I wouldn't know. In fact, I don't even know how to play this game at all. I can't even l-cancel.
well, he must be. I've seen him battle, and heard of him, both of which found that he was quite insane at this game. Not too much to handle though, im sure he's beatable..somehow.

L button? Sorry, I use the old NES controller to play, I'm unfamiliar with L.
You can do that? Or is that only for for the 64 version? im confused :dizzy:
ah but yea, l-canceling is just a perk. Im sure its possible to be good without it.

Renesor said:
did you try pressing the L Button?
lol, but nobody does that :p

MADHEX

Smash Apprentice
Ryan_k:Also renesor what the hell is wrong with ur parents lol.

you have no idea how ******** his parents are because if you go to his house to play smash as much as i do you would laught and feel sorry about him every time.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
well, he must be. I've seen him battle, and heard of him, both of which found that he was quite insane at this game. Not too much to handle though, im sure he's beatable..somehow.

LOL dude he faces him all the time he knows killafox everyone knows killafox except you because you never seen him cuz u dont go to tournies lol

You can do that? Or is that only for for the 64 version? im confused :dizzy:
ah but yea, l-canceling is just a perk. Im sure its possible to be good without it.

No you can't. You can't be good without L cancelling. GTFO. It's called a joke. Get it?

I suggest you think before you post because you only make yourself look like an idiot. I'm being honest here, alot of ppl think that.

lol, but nobody does that :p
killafox you are a wierd little mofo but not as wierd as doo-wop's friend who uses like a ps2 controller with a gc converter it's mad wierd lol.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
KillaFox said:
btw, i cancel with z...seriously.
that would confuse the hell out of me, cause i use z for short-hop nairing. I dont think i could do that and keep my ryhthm. But obviously you can, cause like i said, you're a pro :)

Gamewolf13 said:
Hi all. Coming out of no where to ask if anything is going on.

If anyone wants an easy win, you know who to PM
If you live near Ronkonkoma/in suffolk, pm me. I'm always up for a challenge, and i'm only a
Gamewolf13's Sig said:
"normal kid"
I know some other people around here too that smash if you're close by, but they're kinda new at the game :p still good for the fact that they're new, not surprisingly either, LI/NY has awesome smashers.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
superryan's quote said:
LOL dude he faces him all the time he knows killafox everyone knows killafox except you because you never seen him cuz u dont go to tournies lol
cause you know thats totally fair and everything. I can clearly see how I, being here maybe two weeks most, am expected to be just as experienced as you and everyone else. I can also see how, being presented with a grand total of one tourney so far, im expected to have gone to "all" of them. I have a suggestion for you, how about you dont flame when there's no reason to. Because when you do,
superryan said:
you only make yourself look like an idiot. I'm being honest here, alot of ppl think that.
Now quit it. You have no reason to flame, so stop. flaming in general is gay anyway, and i cant say it's helping your image...at all. You're supposed to be the leader of this thread, start acting like a leader and stop being immature.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
The problem isn't that i am expecting you to be experienced. The problem is you are acting like you have it. "I can put up a challenge to <random experienced person>" or "I heard killafox is pro and I am assuming you dont know anything based on your post count" is what gets to me.

Other people have honestly told me that you get on their nerves. I am not flaming, I am trying to help you because you are making yourself look like a big fool.

You should get experience before acting like you have it, because you keep saying "I will be a challenge" (see like 15 or so posts in zenith thread) or even to smashin pete in this one (Posts 474 and 480 on page 32 are especially annoying; you act like you are amazing or something). Although he had no reason to really flame back and forth, he has the same beef with you that I do I can assume.

I have a reputation for being much more cruel and less forgiving to people like you, just ask anyone who has known me for a while, and compared to what I have done to other people this is my nicer side, and I am giving you honest suggestions to stop people from ****ing around with you head because it's all they are doing. I am also trying to stop you from getting into flamewars like you did with smashin pete or even now.

So please, for my sake, for the other people who have talked **** about you, and the thread.
Stop. And think.

If you REALLY do feel the need to respond to this, you know my AIM.

S

Sir Marthsalot

Ah thy lowly peasants,
I, Sir Marthsalot shall request a duel. Thy requested duel shall be consisting of I, thy honorable Sir Marthsalot, slaying thy lowly peasant, Pedochu.

Does thy accept?

Until next time,
Marth has exited

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
ugh, geez superryan. you complain about the fact that i think people know nothing based on post count, yet thats what you and apparently alot more people think of me! I know more than you think i do. dont go by post count, since when do posts at a forum determine skill level? I never said i'd be a challenge to experienced players, only to people that claim to be rusty or unskilled. and me and smashin pete are good now, so dont bring that up. Me and him are friends, i wish i could say the same for you. But apparently you hate me because of my post count. I dont try to be arrogant, i dont try to be cocky, i dont try to come across as im a master, cause im not. I know im considered "new" to the boards, and i accept that. And, if i am coming across as anything that you find annoying, dont flame me for it cause i dont mean it. Im just trying to be a part of the conversation, and im trying to get to know people around here. And now that i think of it, if this is your nicer side, than forget it. Dont associate yourself with me, cause i like to enjoy nice conversations with people in order to get better, i hate it when people flame other people for not knowing something. If i dont say/ask about things i dont know and such, then how am i ever supposed to find out whats right? and like i said, im not a pro, i dont know everything, i dont think im better than anyone here, and i only wish to become a part of the smash community and have fun. If you think thats grounds for flaming and not bothering to help me so there's no need to flame in the future, then like i said, dont even bother flaming me.

dont take any of this offensively, too. I just want to get the point across that several things you said are hypocratic and im tired of the flaming that only comes from you. And if anyone else truly does feel that way, then let them speak up. I only wish to be a regular member of this community.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I never said i hate you for your post count, otherwise i would've ripped on ELI or sirmarths alot.

I don't care if you are new or anything but you are trying to come across as good, and i am trying to be honest because people have told me and they felt that you are making a fool of yourself. I don't hate you but I am trying to help you and for some reason you are trying to blame me for it that I do, so maybe I should play the McCloudDash91 game eh?

"Hey guys, McCloudDash hates me because he is jealous <or some kind of other ludicrous accusation>"

I could easily cite posts where you SPECIFICALLY said you would be a challenge. AGain if you have a problem go to AIM because you know mine and I don't care for this. If you keep like continuing this flamewar in here to close this thread then i don't care because I already know alot of ppl in the LI smash community. This thread if for people to meet up with others within our area and budding new smashers who just want to play. If this thread gets closes because of a flamewar then it's really only your loss as well as other newbies.

Also who is going to parallax on the 31st? It's 1v1 and 2v2 like the last one.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
it's true

this is ryan being nice

either way, both of you need to stop. the thread was made for discussing tournaments and finding people nearby you, not talking ****.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Killafox: I went Roy because he sucks and I like using bad characters, simple as that lol.

Anyway I have to see about the 31st, because I'm already taking off work the previous week (I work Saturdays), so I still don't know about that.

All the dittos are still on, I go to LI quite often so I'm sure something can be worked out. Hit me up on AIM if you wanna talk, sn is Masamune146.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
anyone up for playing tomorrow?

who was it that said they were going to parallax?

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
There's a tournament on the 31st? I hope i can go
O and to McCloud Dash, it's not about post count I have 83 and I admit I suck at this game go to the parallax tournament and see what you've got before you talk I lurked these boards for months before saying anything.

_Pedochu

Smash Cadet
For anyone who didn't see my post a bunch of posts up, there is a tourney tomorrow at Game Crazy in Lindenhurst. It starts at 2PM and it's a $2 entry fee. And it's 1v1
I guess I may not be going to parallax then. Where is Linderhurst?

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
post counts are stupid. lol. I just wish parallax was more active with ssbm, my schedule wont permit to go other than for big events. I do wish i could see some good people :( but ill be happy to see some of you guys there next event. i dunno though, i checked their schedule as of now, and it doesnt look too good, all i know is that they're going to ICON at the end of march. They better wake up and smell the tourneys, lol :)

Top Bottom