• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* Ice Climbers Stage Discussion Topic

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
The think I hate about brinny is the little capsuls at the bottom.
One breaks, and you get stuck in there.
Screws up your CGs.
Bleh.
I just wanna find some possible tricks to help on those stages.
Would be nice to have SOMETHING to pull out positively in it.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
There are some things you cannot change. ICs being *** on RC/Brinstar is one of those things.

Oh Im back now. Found my interest in these guys again lol
Good. You should update the OP for Halberd and such.

I'm not well versed in the art of Rainbow Cruising. I'd rather play ICs on Brinstar honestly.
In my opinion, RC is for the most part a much better stage for us than Brinstar.

The think I hate about brinny is the little capsuls at the bottom.
One breaks, and you get stuck in there.
Screws up your CGs.
Bleh.
I just wanna find some possible tricks to help on those stages.
Would be nice to have SOMETHING to pull out positively in it.
The best trick I found for Brinstar with ICs is the Ban.
The second to best trick I found involved growing a pair (of wings) and grabbing a sword

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
The best trick I found for Brinstar with ICs is the Ban.
The second to best trick I found involved growing a pair (of wings) and grabbing a sword
I usually don't grow wings and a sword, I usually jump into the game and turn 2D to fight the opponent myself.

DeLux

But seriously, a huge reason why I play Lucas is because of the lingering hitboxes on Brinstar.

I figure I'm not going to beat anyone semi competent with MK on that level using ICs, so I just try to abuse every gimmick in the world to see if I can get them to run into their own death.

It's worked twice out of the 10 or so times I've done it in tournament. Which is better than 0 with ICs out of around 100 lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I always ban brinstar and rarely get counterpicked to RC. *shrugs*

DeLux

*eye roll

Some of us don't have one of the best G&W's in the country sitting in their pocket

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol gw is such a bad character though :(.

DeLux

Rainbow Cruise does not care how good your character is.

Rainbow Cruise waits for noone and will kill our women if we let it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL ok touche.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Vinnie *sigh*
pretty sure I fought utdzac his last singles tourny match ever.
He was gonna drop out but figured he'd beat the scrubby in losers bracket first.
Ugh.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
No one is afraid of any Pika not named Es@m.

Anther really needs to get back in the game, I might start playing pika as a secondary if he plays again.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I love Castle Siege.

I chill out the first stage/play very defensively, and if I get a grab, hoorah.

Second stage is the fun one, because lolol walk offs, that is, if anyone dares approach on the bottom, though I'm pretty sure you could fthrow and kill on the top slant parts. Uair's also really good on this stage as well.

Last one is basically tilting FD, so yeah.

I like the stage, but as a previous D3 main, this shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Really Jordan? =/

Next you'll be looking confused as to why people don't CP Vinnie to Rainbow Cruise.
Nah, I went into the top 5 thread and said I should probably be on the top 5 gw list considering my recent win over Tyrant and they said I wasn't a top 5 gw and refused to put me on the list >_> lol so I wonder why people don't take me to those stages still if my gw sucks.

-.-

Also, GW is my 4th best character imo. I feel like top players shouldn't have a problem beating it and they usually don't.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Lololol.
It would seem good to walking cg off the side on the second one. Cept don't catch the guy on the last throw.
Basic knowledge is basic. I know I'm giving you a second chance but come on =/

Hylian, people know you have an at least decent pocket GW, so you really don't have to worry about hard CPs. besides, do you even go Icies in tourney that much? I thought you went falco as does Cheese with MK.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Basic knowledge is basic. I know I'm giving you a second chance but come on =/

Hylian, people know you have an at least decent pocket GW, so you really don't have to worry about hard CPs. besides, do you even go Icies in tourney that much? I thought you went falco as does Cheese with MK.
I go all IC's at big tournaments and all falco at locals recently. And yeah you're right about cpss.

DeLux

I didn't learn everything by reading.

I learned what I know first by serving as an understudy to the most knowledgeable IC at the time E-Alert. I would pester him with questions all the time about how things worked. Kind of like how you're doing with me. I hope.

Once he told me how things worked, I started deriving my own technical stuff. I would test them in friendlies and in tournaments. And then one I figured out how the mechanics worked, I started theory crafting and expanding based on my understanding of the mechanics.

The ICs easily have the deepest technical game of any character (well, maybe Olimar is deeper technically according to Pac size, but practically they are the deepest). At the same time, they have the most misinformation and are the least understood character. So lately I've been pushing the limits and advancing the technical stuff on my own time. And simply correcting misinformation when I see it here.

Blissard

Smash Lord
(well, maybe Olimar is deeper technically according to Pac size, but practically they are the deepest)
Olimar's pac file is like...a blob of utter nonsense. Most of the Pikmin mechanics haven't been understood yet, and the one's we do know are...dumb. Like how blue Pikmin drown in 2000 frames but Pikmin all die of seperation anxiety in 1200 ._.

Also G&W do you have a mentor? Idk if there's an IC mentor (with the SWF mentoring program haha) but when I joined I studied under Hilt-sama and AIM'ed him about everything. It helps a lot more to talk to an actual person and play them instead of just reading. Not saying reading everything is a bad thing though.

Top Bottom