• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Ganondorf

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
I figured the P:M community would dig this with so many Melee veterans, so I decided to share this here as well as just uploading the hack to the vault.

The good ol' Melee Ganondorf model has been re-imagined using Brawl textures as a base. As you can see, the classic Ganon isn't exactly the same, just inspired by the original.

Looking at them side by side, I'll probably update the boots as well at some point when I feel like it. It's pretty negligible while you're playing a match with him, though, so it's not really a big deal.
More colors with previews of each as well as custom CSP's and BP's for each are all included in the download, thanks to Moblin over at KCMM.​
Enjoy.​

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
This thing looks fantastic man!

I'm also surprised you included a Hylian Knight texture, lol.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
: o oh wow, i like this. this will definitely hold me over until i can find a helix king texture for the good ole dorf.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ugh, this is the best Ganondorf. Fantastic work man, ten thumbs up!

MVP

Smash Ace
Dude............

You CANNOT make something this epic and not expect people to want something like this for every melee veteran. :shades: HUGE props for this bro. Please make more like it for other melee veterans.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Feel kinda weird being the only guy who ever asks but does anybody have Project M HUD BP's for this?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Twilight Princess Ganondorf is my favorite incarnation so I won't be downloading but this is really cool. Great job, very creative and very well done.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I'm extremely impressed with your work Apples. The fact you have CSPs, BPs, and even previews of each texture really show a high level of professionalism, plus it looks great!

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Wow, somehow managed to make Ganondorf's nose even bigger lol, he looks more silly than his OOT model, I mean good work on the model and everything, but I personally don't like the design, it's too hilarious

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm hoping this isn't too much of a bump >>

But I'd really love to see another version of this model that still has Brawl Ganon's face. I like TP Ganon's face but I like OoT Ganon's body. (No homo)

Basically like this without the obvious issues.

I tired doing it myself a long time ago and never could get it to come out right, but it seems like it'd work great here in your style.

How about it?

Kati

Smash Lord
Interesting. Worth a shot provided we have someone who is capable of such a thing.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Wow, this looks waaay too good. Have to download nao. This goes perfect with the Melee Ganon sound effects I just finished.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
I've never done model hacks, but I'm very well versed in 3D graphics modeling and animation in general. However, I don't really have the time to tackle something like this right now. If nobody else takes it by the time this school semester is over, perhaps I'll take a stab at it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I've never done model hacks, but I'm very well versed in 3D graphics modeling and animation in general. However, I don't really have the time to tackle something like this right now. If nobody else takes it by the time this school semester is over, perhaps I'll take a stab at it.
Actually, that's just a vertex hack like the OoT Ganon is. It's just mixing the vertices of the normal Brawl Ganon with that of the other one. It isn't a custom model edit or anything. I haven't tried those either.

Edit: Oh wait, I see what you mean now. You've only made very impressive texture edits to the OoT model. Not actually edit the model itself. Now I see.

Hm...I guess I'll just wait and see if anyone else does take it up.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I might be able to do it depending on what was done to Melee Ganon's model. If it's just vertex edits, I may be able to undo the edits to his head and call it a day. I'll look into it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I might be able to do it depending on what was done to Melee Ganon's model. If it's just vertex edits, I may be able to undo the edits to his head and call it a day. I'll look into it.
That's what I tried initially. Since the vertices on his head are linked to other parts of his bother too, it didn't work out too well.

But yeah, this Melee model is actually just a heavily vertex edited Brawl Ganon model.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
This new Ganon is PERFECT!!! It's like what Ganon would be like if PM were an official Super Smash Bros. game by Nintendo. It's like he IS the Ganon of PM. Hope they add him to the official demo. I'd support the change.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
My only personal problem I have with this model is that his mouth movement is disabled / not working and has no facial reactions to getting hit. Does he not have PAT0 animations anymore? Other than that, design-wise, I love it. He looks so streamlined compared to his OoT / Melee self and is nowhere near as old-looking as his Twilight Princess incarnation.

EDIT: Ah yes, relating to the first part, I had to remind myself that it is an edit of that old vertex done a long time ago.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
This new Ganon is PERFECT!!! It's like what Ganon would be like if PM were an official Super Smash Bros. game by Nintendo. It's like he IS the Ganon of PM. Hope they add him to the official demo. I'd support the change.
Haha, I kind of doubt they'd do that. But if they were to, there would definitely be some changes to be made to this. Mostly just re-mapping the UVW unwrap though.

My only personal problem I have with this model is that his mouth movement is disabled / not working and has no facial reactions to getting hit. Does he not have PAT0 animations anymore? Other than that, design-wise, I love it. He looks so streamlined compared to his OoT / Melee self and is nowhere near as old-looking as his Twilight Princess incarnation.

EDIT: Ah yes, relating to the first part, I had to remind myself that it is an edit of that old vertex done a long time ago.
Yeah, it's just a texture edit of KTH's Melee Ganon from forever ago. Sometime this summer, I might fix up the texture mapping and fix a few things, maybe restore the facial animations as well. Can't imagine it'd be too difficult, the face's vertices probably just need to be weighted to the face bones, if there are any. Idk, it might use basic shape keys for the facial animations.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Oi! The Deluxe texture (the white one) is missing from the download. I would very much like to use that one if you can add it at some point.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
New here I just wanted to sign up and share a few things. I have made a character select icon for this ganondorf since there wasn't one included. might not be good for everybody as I use dolphin and the hd texture pack and it matches those textures. But more interestingly I have also made the mini icons matching this ganondorf. I have not converted them to work inside an sd card but I am sure it won't be too hard to do if anyone wants to. They are already named correctly to work on dolphin and the hd texture pack for project m. They are kinda amateur to be sure and i only made them for consistency sake. I am by no means a professional but I hope somebody will enjoy them.

here is what is included

and a link to download
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3FK0dqybqUCbkMwdTJLQ0pMODA/edit?usp=sharing

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
New here I just wanted to sign up and share a few things. I have made a character select icon for this ganondorf since there wasn't one included. might not be good for everybody as I use dolphin and the hd texture pack and it matches those textures. But more interestingly I have also made the mini icons matching this ganondorf. I have not converted them to work inside an sd card but I am sure it won't be too hard to do if anyone wants to. They are already named correctly to work on dolphin and the hd texture pack for project m. They are kinda amateur to be sure and i only made them for consistency sake. I am by no means a professional but I hope somebody will enjoy them.

here is what is included

and a link to download
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3FK0dqybqUCbkMwdTJLQ0pMODA/edit?usp=sharing
Oooooooooo. Would you be able to make the mini icons for the rest of the textures? And they definitely look very well done.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
I have been thinking about it. I have also created a select icon that is much more well done and fits the original style of prject melee. I will have to get back to you on that though. At present I am trying to finish my stage while I have the time. I'll try to upload in a few days.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So... I made this awesome video to show your mod combined with my sfx mod. (Triforce Space Dunk FTW) They go way too well together.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
So... I made this awesome video to show your mod combined with my sfx mod. (Triforce Space Dunk FTW) They go way too well together.

WHAT IS THAT SONG I NEED IT. BRSTM FILE PLEEEASE. And any other game dubstep brstms please...

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
It's Nullification by P... something. I gotta find it now lol. You should put it on that stage too! If you pay attention to the background you'll notice that the beginning is timed perfectly as the little Hyrule constellations pop up! I never get tired of watching that! lol PrototypeRaptor, that's it. Song is called Nullification, a remix of Legend of Zelda's Underground theme if I'm not mistaken. Here's a link to it: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31470&Vault=audio

Also it's not dubstep but you may like this song from TTT2:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31457&Vault=audio

Also those other songs you wanted in the brstm thread will be posted there later today as well as a few other songs from Street Fighter IV.

Also on the subject of New Ganon, has anyone attempted to fix the animation-less face? I attempted to see if there was something simply missing or something... but... I'm not very good with that kinda stuff heh.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I attempted to see if there was something simply missing or something... but... I'm not very good with that kinda stuff heh.
Have you ever made a stage texture or something else other then SFX's?

On Topic: Apples!...Apples! Apples! Apples!
Thank you so much for this texture. This one hits home the most out of all the hacks and what not, because my friend and I played Melee since back then with our "Falcon V. Gannon Matches" and to this day we still play! Occasionally mixing it up with the Project:M and with this update my friend was so happy to get the purple Ganondorf finally, but no! That's not it, only you Apples attempted to go the full 100 and recreate a sense of nostalgia in the making with this oh so great Melee Ganondorf unlike noting I've ever seen.

Kudos Apples, you really did it with this one.

Top Bottom