• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Diddy Community General Guide - D-Tilt Discussion

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The NEW General Diddy Guide

Moveset Discussion

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-= D-Tilt =-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Discuss Diddy's F-Tilt and its place in competitive play.

Things to discuss:

1) Rate the move from 1 to 5 in terms of overall usefulness.
2) Discuss any combos that utilize this move (these can be MU specific).
3) Discuss when is the appropriate time to use the move.
4) Share any tips or tricks you know regarding the move.

Player-1

Smash Legend
1. 4.5/5

2. Not many true combos, pseudo combos:
-jab>dtilt
-dtilt>dtilt
-dtilt>grab
-dtilt> any aerial at high percents
-dtilt>ftilt
-glidetoss down through them>single (double) dtilt> they reslip on banana and can do anything. Double dtilt isn't a true combo but still works the vast majority of the time.

3. Dtilt is a great mid/close range attack. It has nearly the same amount of range as ftilt with great knockback and trajectory as well as coming out on frame 4 with very little cool down.

4. Can hit below surfaces. I think it was 4ce's signature where an MK was planking/sharking through the lip of PS1 ledge and he dtilted for a stage spike.

T-block

B2B TST
I looooove d-tilt. 4/5.

We can get like... three d-tilts in a row on spacies at low percents. Do we have a list anywhere of how many for each character?

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
1. 4/5 IMO would be 5/5 if it had better range
2.For the Luigi MU: facing towards Luigi glidetoss naner through them and use d-tilt to push them back to the naner(turnaround before d-tilt is not needed).
3.Really good for ****** landing frames, shield pressuring, pressuring opponents into naners, and spacing.

Count

Smash Champion
4.5/5 ....if you play against people really experienced vs diddy they will spot dodge after a dtilt, so keep that in mind and just fsmash or pivot grab.

also, everybody knows this but GR snake on the ledge>---dtilt for a gimp....or if you predict the snake to airdodge through the dtilt, step back and fsmash.

everybody else already stole the other stuff I wanted to say.

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
4/5

great for comboing, and hella quick.

Can actually stop Nado, doesn't hit through it, just stops it dead. Although i believe it has to be grounded :S haven't done too much testing but it does stop it. (it has for me)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Dtilt is really good.

At low %s you can combo it often (how often depends on character). I can sometimes do ~3 on Wolf/Snake or other fastfallers.

Dtilt->Dtilt/Jab(->sometthing)
Dtilt->retreat works good too since it has pretty low cooldown and good range and is really fast...

Too bad it doesn't work against Marth that well since he can just upB you out of it....

I don't think I really use dtilt if my opponent is at ~40+% since it won't be a comboattack anymore... after those %s I mostly use jab->grab or something else if my opponent is near me. Only times I use it at higher % is against reflector users or very rarely as a "mindgame", while holding a banana (or as a "missclick" instead of dsmash -.-).

Another use of dtilt is while holding an item. Mostly against reflector users (Falco mainly). Crawling to dtilt while holding a nana is pretty good and I also like doing dtilt->bananathrow->followup at low %s.

Player-1

Smash Legend
@LP, it still pseudo combos pretty well at pretty much any percent since at higher percents it puts them right up into the air that's an easy setup for an aerial or if you predict an airdodge then you can grab them.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
dtilt-dtilt -> roll -dtilt - dtilt - repeat (worked on seibrik once, and will probably never work again.it's like most rolling combos lol).

Top Bottom