• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Console Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopsign

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Venom Dream
Worldwide: Total sales
DS - 6,424,796,191
PSP: 3,877,833,004
Sales Chart as of 5/12/05
I don't think the DS has sold over the worlds population. But these numbers should about be right.

DS

2,500,000 - Japan
1,200,000 - Europe
1,800,000 - North America
100,000 - Other regions

PSP

1,400,000 - Japan
900,000 - North America

DS - 5,600,000
PSP - 2,300,000

The PSP has had no disadvantages in Japan though. Both systems are almost priced the same also. I'm sure that the PSP will win in Europe with GTA and Gran Turismo. But I think that the DS might win in North America, and Japan.

To bad that Sony isn't releasing the PSP until September 1st, 2005.

Don't mind me. I sort of like looking at numbers. I could tell you more. But I'm to lazy.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
To bad that Sony isn't releasing the PSP until September 1st, 2005.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/news.php?aid=9315

PSP;, UMD; and XMB; Trademarks Are Not Actually Owned By Sony Computer Entertainment and Could Result in Further Launch Delays

3 June 2005

ElectricBirdLand Limited today hit back at videogames giant Sony Computer Entertainment's warnings over legal action regarding imports of the company's new console - the Playstation Portable (PSP).

Internet-based retailers selling the new PSP console - which can play games, music and films and is set to rival the Apple iPod - have all received Cease and Desist orders from solicitors representing Sony Computer Entertainment. The company is claiming infringement of Trade Mark despite its failure to secure vital Trade Marks in Europe.

The Cease and Desist orders refer only to the 'PlayStation' trademark, hiding the fact that key technologies, trademarks and software utilised in Sony's new portable gaming platform have not even been registered by Sony. Furthermore, research shows that these trademarks and

technologies are owned by or being contested by Sony's rivals.

This includes trademarks for the name PSP (a trademark currently registered by Owtanet Limited in 2000), UMD (Universal Media Disks - Sony's proprietary optical storage solution - which is owned by Olympus Corporation and being opposed by AMD), and XMB (a PSP operating system component which is used with all PSP packaging which has not yet been registered as a trademark).

Sony's failure to secure these trademarks could potentially lead to further delays to the European launch of the PSP, or could result in the costly re-branding of a product which has already proved to be a hit in the US and Japan. It could also mean the start of another embarrassing legal case for Sony Computer Entertainment.

A US federal jury recently ruled that Sony must pay over $90 million in damages to Immersion Corporation for violating "haptic feedback" patents

- patents which refer to the technology used in Playstation 2 'Dual-Shock' controllers.

"Sony Computer Entertainment is well known for fudged product launches and this is another perfect example," explained Dan Morelle, Managing Director, ElectricBirdLand. "The threat of legal action is not because Sony is concerned about the impact that small importers like us will have on its brand or sales - it's simply because of their inability to implement something so vital to the success of its new product."

The PSP console was initially launched in Japan in December 2004 and in the US in March 2005. Although the European launch was also expected to take place in March, this has been pushed back to September 2005 with manufacturing and supply shortages cited as the key reason.

The launch is now 6 months behind schedule and gamers are desperate to get their hands on the new product. This has allowed importers such as ElectricBirdLand to establish a profitable business on the back of Sony's failure to bring their new platform to market within acceptable timeframes.

"The PSP is set to become the Walkman of the 21st Century and the overwhelming consumer interest we are experiencing is testament to this," Morelle continued. "We are not trying to belittle the Sony brand or damage any future sales as demand for the product is so great. All we offer is the one thing Sony has failed to do, and that is to give the customer exactly what they want, when they want it."
A bit old of a article and might already be mentioned...but I see another potential delay to the already messed up European release.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, yea, it IS a litle too early to debate the next gen consoles:

We don't know for sure what they'll be able to do.
We don't know for sure what kind of GAMES they'll have.
We also don't know for sure how much they will cost.
And might I add that we don't even know what the Revolution's controller will look like.

I'm a Nintendo freak, for sure, and I've stuck with them since the beginning, and I'll stick with them into the next generation. They haven't failed on me any more than the other two have, just in different ways.

However, being a Nintendo fanboy often gives you a rep for being blind to the happines of the other two--not true. I love the PS2, and I...OK, I don't particularly like the X-Box, but I DO love Halo 2 and I do respect the power of the console.

Some people are saying that the PS3 will cost 500 bucks... :ohwell: Um, screw that! The 360 I'm not sure about, but there's also some speculation about the Revolution being $200.

The PS3 looks to be the baddest machine, but at a price.

The PSP I can't say much about right now, since I've never used one, but I haven't seen or heard of any great ideas in games that really grab attention--it's simply what is IS, I guess: a portable PS. Yipee. I don't care.

The DS has more creative potential than the PSP, and if you can't figure out why, sux0rz to be j00. However, Nintendo has yet to truly demonstrate the full power of the DS. Titles like Kirby: CC and Nintendogs no doubt make good examples, though. I've played some of the minigames in Mario64DS, and I must admit that the precise control I have is impressive.

Of course, the PSP beats it out on a physical, machine level, no doubt. Too bad that the buffest computer in the world doesn't need to be creative at all. Dynasty Warriors? Um, single-button mashing, anyone? :dizzy: W00t?

I'd rather draw trampolines than mash a single button over and over, thank you.

I'm still waiting to hear what the Rev's controller will be...I've heard that it may use gyroscopes, meaning that it'll be tilt-sensitive...That could prove to be rather interesting, indeed, especially in an SSB title. Oh, and speaking of which, an ONLINE Smash Bros. will probably give me reason enough to get a Revolution.

I haven't heard of any PS3 titles yet that sound interesting. Geez, if they were actually remaking FF7...And then, the XBox 360 looks to have some nice stuff already.

Gah. It'll still be another year until this debate can truly be...debated.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The console wars are reeeealy heating up now! PALGN.com

The constant sniping between Microsoft and Sony seems to have reached a new low (or height, depending on how you look at these things) in pettiness. And after several weeks of executives and bigwigs from each company telling us all how their console was The Best Thing Ever, Microsoft have taken the battle to the streets. Literally.

The latest episode started with Sony France opening 'The Factory', a showroom in the upmarket Place de l'Etoile suburb of Paris dedicated to showing off the PSP. Here's a picture of said showroom:

This is a laundromat that is across the road from "The factory"

This is it with it's new advertising.

Indeed, it appears Microsoft couldn't resist a cheeky dig at Sony, and had paid the launderette owner handsomely for the use of his/her windows. And for those of you wondering, the message there reads 'Gardez vos forces pour cet hiver', or 'Save your strength for winter', an obvious reference to the fact that the Xbox 360 will be launching in - yes! - winter. Still, the posters were down again within a day, largely thanks to Sony having just written the owners of the launderette an even bigger cheque.

Next week: Sony claims it's Dad is stronger than Microsoft's Dad and has a faster car. Stay tuned.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
solidsnake2234 said:
is it real? i still have my old dreamcast
I hate you already.

solidsnake2234 said:
Sony has always made what they said they would. no worries :chuckle:
Perhaps you don't remember the "Toy Story Graphics" Sony said the PS2 would be able to produce in real-time.

You can not post ever again now.

solidsnake2234

Smash Journeyman
JediMasterYoda98 said:
I hate you already.

Perhaps you don't remember the "Toy Story Graphics" Sony said the PS2 would be able to produce in real-time.

You can not post ever again now.
wow 1 thing but it still could,play ps1, cds,dvds,and better all around graphics

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yet they didn't keep up what they impressed their fans with the most before the system launched. And then at E3 you see Sony showing FMVs instead of real games and saying they're real. You see Sony hyping the 2 tera flops number why you have developers and Microsoft both saying "they obviously calculated their numbers wrong."

brb, my PS3, my fridge and my toaster are linking together via the Cell to produce a super powerful monster.

solidsnake2234

Smash Journeyman
Cashed said:
Yet they didn't keep up what they impressed their fans with the most before the system launched. And then at E3 you see Sony showing FMVs instead of real games and saying they're real. You see Sony hyping the 2 tera flops number why you have developers and Microsoft both saying "they obviously calculated their numbers wrong."

brb, my PS3, my fridge and my toaster are linking together via the Cell to produce a super powerful monster.
when did they say they were real?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
they can say whatever they want. you get the hype you win the first stage of the console race. Microsoft is following Sega's path sadly. The marketing for the 360 isnt so hot, using MTV as there first showing...? why? The 360 doesnt have the Japanese following that the Dreamcast had, but it has plenty of US following. I think PS3 regaurdless if its hype is real or if its just a bunch of bull like the PS2's promised, it will beat out the 360. that and the known specs kinda crush that of the 360.

My outlook...
360 and PS3 games will be quite simular like X-Box and PS2 are now, but the PS3 will just be better over-all. much more so then the X-Box is to the PS2.
Revolution will just be different, and with all its additional perks and cheaper price it will sell better the 360. Its games will just be different from the other two and its franchises will keep it alive.
If the 360 does fall behind, I doubt their outlook would change. Prices wont drop and they will still try and compete with the PS3 which it probably can't do.
Those who plan on buying two systems as many people have now, will opt for the Rev over the 360.

1st PS3
2nd Rev
3rd 360

I really do think the 360 will drop from the race after this generation sadly.

but what do I, (or anyone else), know at this point. Can't wait to see the systems for real. ^_^

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Sony continously tried to pass the PS3 videos off as real during E3. You'd hear Sony say they're real, then you'd hear developers from other companies say there is so way they could be real.

Undrdog, did you hear what Sony had to say about the rumored $400 or higher price of the PS3? They said if someone wants a PS3, they'll do what they should if they want something big, work a little overtime. That's a major hint at a nice hefty price tag. If the 360 releases even 6 months before the PS3 (PS3 isn't going to make its Spring 2006 release, by the way) at $300 and then the PS3 comes out at $400, Microsoft could easily just drop the price $50 and have a bundle that includes something like Halo 3. Microsoft is out to get Sony this time, expect to see Microsoft trying to hurt Sony's sale whenever they possibly can.

Also. Microsoft =/= Sega

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
UndrDog said:
they can say whatever they want. you get the hype you win the first stage of the console race. Microsoft is following Sega's path sadly. The marketing for the 360 isnt so hot, using MTV as there first showing...? why? The 360 doesnt have the Japanese following that the Dreamcast had, but it has plenty of US following. I think PS3 regaurdless if its hype is real or if its just a bunch of bull like the PS2's promised, it will beat out the 360. that and the known specs kinda crush that of the 360.

1st PS3
2nd Rev
3rd 360
Ohhh! Are we goona start doing "this thing" again (this is not my personal opinion but using UndrDog's post as example): "PS3 > Rev > 360"? Man, that's old skool console debating right there (those things were everywhere in the old Console Debates topic)! Ah, nostalgia...

Anyhooo, whenever "Dreamcast" comes into conversation/debate I feel obliged to comment. Yeah, like Cashed said/symbolized Sega (when it was a 1st Party) and Microsoft are completly different companies. Microsoft is Micro$oft, a huge industry that makes more than just games and consoles and have more resources and means to market to their potential consumers (i.e. more funding for their consoles and games, better means for game and console product placement... for example: putting a flyer or catalog for Xbox whenever you buy other Micorsoft software/hardware). If you want to compare Dreamcast to another company, that company would hafta be... Nintendo. (1st Party) Sega and Nintendo only make video games and consoles, that's it. That is all they have to sustain theirselves, and as of it it would seem that Nintendo seems to just sustaining itself by it's own 1st party games. It's amazing that Nintendo can hold on with nearly zero 3rd party exclusive titles. I won't diverge into my "classic" rant of Nintendo itself going 3rd party so it can just produce games and not mess around with this hardware bullcrap, but that is what I am hinting at. I think both Micorsoft and Sony both have begun to change how the "industry" works. It almost seems like the best way to have a console is to have a huge hardware producting industry to create the console hardware while 3rd party developers make the games for it (and the hardware industries can fight over excluive rights to make their own console more attractive). Yes, Nintendo has had over 2 decades worth of experience with gaming hardware and has had their shares of ups (the handheld industry) and downs (the virtual boy) and when it comes to games Nintendo is top tier, but (console) hardware wise? With Sony and Microsoft around, they are the proverbial "drop" in the bucket.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Here's how I see next generation.

360 > Revolution > PS3.

The first two promise things they're gonna come through on. It's been proven. Literally.

Sony is dropping features now, the ports you saw on the PS3 will probably not be there except for the USB (Which would probably be reduced), and some of the other advanced video ones. And no Hard Drive is a nice kick in the crotch because XBOX 360 is giving people a valid reason for wanting to use one.

falcoX

Smash Champion
The Hall of Eternia, Exactly 10 miles west of the
heres what i think
all the next gen consoles will each offer something the others are lacking. Xbox360 looks like the best system for sports games and graphics. Revolution will offer the most innovative (not always a good thing) and creative new games. PS3 looks great in every aspect except the controller bugs me. Being a nintendo fanboy, im partial to the revolution

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
There are some lame arguments in here. The way I see things...

Whoever said Microsoft's marketing sucks, you should go shove a Wavebird in your mouth. Microsoft's marketing is, in my opinion, the best and most immersive marketing campaign out there currently. XBOX Live is so successful because of the TV spots and page ads depicting an online "family" of sorts. Microsoft has the money and is no way lacking advertising skills.

I think it will take a lot for PS3 to catch up with the 360 because of the time difference and the release schedule. Microsoft is an intelligent company, just because you don't like the XBOX personally doesn't mean you should dismiss it.

The PS3, to me, seems like an incredibly overpowered supercomputer. The price will probably be very high as a result, or else Sony will be losing a lot of money. I'm impressed by the stats announced, but I'm not impressed with 1) the design (George Foreman wants his design back) 2) Sony's fake E3 vids 3) the all-in-one approach to gaming machines--gaming is about games, not DVD players, music, microwaves, and electric toothbrushes. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Nintendo on the other hand, has disappointed me thus far. I think when Nintendo said the Rev would be revolutionary (pre-E3), they were probably hinting on the completely wifi capabilities of the machine and the back-catalog game download functionality. Now I believe at E3, when the 360 and PS3 were announced to have wifi, and when people were like "The backwards compatible thing is awesome, but when will we see the revolutionary aspect?", Nintendo perhaps got worried and said, "well, we haven't shown the controller yet. That will be awesome." Now granted, I'm paraphrasing, but we may have already seen the revolutionary aspect of the Revolution. The machine may just be a cheaper, Nintendo-flared alternative to the big next-gen machines of Sony and Microsoft.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy who owns every machine they've ever released (except the Virtual Boy), but based on what we know about the Revolution (stats, games, and basic info), I'd say Nintendo kinda missed the boat.

As for next-gen, I'm gonna go with the 360 taking an early lead in America and Japan (the Japanese hate the XBOX, but love new technology, and with no new PS3 on store shelves, their only alternative will be the 360), followed by the PS3 coming out and outselling the 360 by spring 2007.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Revolution > all

For those of you who dont know Nintendo has released the information on their new controller. Simply put, it kicks ***! It has opened up so many possibilites. And because of the controller shell it can do anything the other 2 systems can do and so much more. Revolution hands down has the best controller.

TheRedneck

Smash Journeyman
Mesa Arizona with a 12 gauge and Darth Vader ploti
Now heres how I beleive things will go
PS3
Revoluton

No I like Revoluton the best but I think PS3 will win since Sony crams as much crap as posible into their systems and people think it is cool to have that I own a GCN and a PS2 [not an XBox since all I would want is Halo on there]. I hope the Revolution will do good and I think it will with the online Smash game and their Mario Zelda DK and Metroid games [I really want Prime 3 and Smash] and the old games will prlobly help for the people looking for Super Metroid or Mario RPG. I dont really like 360 much since all I know about I want is Perfect Dark which should of been for Nintendo some one oughta tell Rare that. But the most annoying thing I saw for the 360 is a 1200 buck bundle I saw advertised on http://www.cheatcc.com/ [look in the news part]. I bet they will all sell good for a while until the holiday season is up then the best one will be found out.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
$1200 bundle? Gamestop has one that is $2000. You know the weird thing though? EBgames.com is actually sold out of Xbox 360s, and their cheapest bundle was $700. People are willing to spend a lot on a new system, so I'm going to assume that the price of the PS3 won't hurt it as much as people are expecting. But anyways, why do you find bundles annoying? The stores are making the bundles on their own, Microsoft isn't telling them to. They just bundle everything into a package so it's easier for you and from what I've seen at GameStop and EBgames' websites, they're usually about $50 or so cheaper than if you bought everything seperately.

PDZ shouldn't be for Nintendo. Rare made Perfect Dark and then Nintendo sold Rare to Microsoft. Some of the old franchises Nintendo has that they keep releasing year after year aren't going to be selling too hot, either. Not that many people are interested in the Metroid series, I'd say the same for the Donkey Kong games.

After TGS, I'm really thinking Microsoft will do a lot better this time around. I already felt that way, but after TGS I'm really feeling it. The Xbox 360 has the longest lines at TGS. That shows two things in my eyes. One, the Japanese are actually interested in the 360 this time around. And two, the Japanese are more interested in playing the Xbox 360 than the playing PS2 games, playing PSP games and watching trailers for PS3 games. Microsoft has a lot more Japanese support this time around and obviously, that's going to be a great thing. They did great in America this gen, Europe they did okay, but in Japan they did terrible. Just last week or so Xbox finally passed 10,000 units sold in Japan. Crazy.

The Revolution has a chance to bring Nintendo back, but I'm seeing a lot of people turning away as soon as they see the controller when it hits stores, even if there is a shell you can buy to make it a "normal" style controller.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Cashed said:
The Revolution has a chance to bring Nintendo back, but I'm seeing a lot of people turning away as soon as they see the controller when it hits stores, even if there is a shell you can buy to make it a "normal" style controller.
Yah...most people's impressions have been pretty bad after just seeing the controller without knowing what it does, but once they read the articles and stuff, they love it...if they want to succeed, Nintendo will have to have a huge advertising campaign demonstrating how the controller works...which of course will not screen in Australia so Nintendo will be screwed here again...some stores here don't even sell any Gamecube stuff anymore...

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Fierce Deity Vegeta said:
Yah...most people's impressions have been pretty bad after just seeing the controller without knowing what it does, but once they read the articles and stuff, they love it...if they want to succeed, Nintendo will have to have a huge advertising campaign demonstrating how the controller works...which of course will not screen in Australia so Nintendo will be screwed here again...some stores here don't even sell any Gamecube stuff anymore...
Yea your right. All Nintendo needs to do is do proper marketing and they will kick some ***. The second I heard about the new controller I told a bunch of my friends and showed them...they were like thats ****ing retarted, but once they found out what it could do and learned about the attachments their oppinions completely changed and were like holy ****ing **** thats cool. So yea they just need to get some good advertising going.

Edit: LMAO ok heres an example of the new controller kicking ***. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/mousedown/revo.swf

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The problem with Nintendo is they are trying to do too much for a specific group of fans and not enough for the money. They need to appeal to the full masses like PS2 and X-Box. The Revolution is no different. Instead of building a controller the developers can work with easier and thus make ports easier, they make some freak of a controller. The PS3 and 360 have about 12 buttons a piece where as the rev will have around 6. If you want to add that the motion capture aspects of the Rev controller is more buttons, it's not. If they port a game from the 360 it'll take a whole new code to add that element.

360 and PS3 will be vieing for first and second place with Rev trailing again. They did what they typically do and provided too little, too late. Had the controller been released for E3 and then shown games at TGS, then MAYBE Rev would get a second place, but thanks to their terrible marketing and lack of variety, they will be doomed for 3rd.

I still say they need to go 3rd party so they can produce JUST games and make a killing.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Crimson King said:
I still say they need to go 3rd party so they can produce JUST games and make a killing.
No offence or anything, but I hope you die in a terrible car accident Eric...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Wow, it's good to see you'll be a worthless part of society. You actually get super-offended by someone giving their opinions on a Video Game Company and wish death upon them, nice job.

It's shame ******* are alot to procreate, really.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
lol, it was a joke....my way of saying that I disagree with your point of view...I guess it's an Australian thing...Americans seem to always take offence at people wishing they were dead...;)

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Crimson King said:
The problem with Nintendo is they are trying to do too much for a specific group of fans and not enough for the money. They need to appeal to the full masses like PS2 and X-Box. The Revolution is no different. Instead of building a controller the developers can work with easier and thus make ports easier, they make some freak of a controller. The PS3 and 360 have about 12 buttons a piece where as the rev will have around 6. If you want to add that the motion capture aspects of the Rev controller is more buttons, it's not. If they port a game from the 360 it'll take a whole new code to add that element.

360 and PS3 will be vieing for first and second place with Rev trailing again. They did what they typically do and provided too little, too late. Had the controller been released for E3 and then shown games at TGS, then MAYBE Rev would get a second place, but thanks to their terrible marketing and lack of variety, they will be doomed for 3rd.
What are you talking about. Nintedno didnt screw themselves in any way. If third party developers are really anal about configering ports to the Revolution controller all they have to do is configure it to the controller shell. There problem solved.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Then this presents the same problem as the GCN did, less buttons. Notice there weren't nearly as many ports for GCN as PS2 and X-Box.

To port it over without this shell, pending of course they would make it like the pictured mock-up, then they'd have to reprogram to the whole sensors. This would delay the release, which would raise expenses, and lower profit.

Sadly, this is the same reasons ports didn't appeal on GCN along with the fact that Nintendo wouldn't accept the M rated ones like GTA.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Everyone knew it was planned for GC. The Microsoft bought Rare. Now it will NEVER EVER be released on anything else, unless Microsoft sells Rare for some reason, which we all know isn't going to happen for a decade at least.

And it shouldn't be on the Rev because then lawyers would come in to play, and no body has any fun.

Meteor Mario

Smash Cadet
Since Xbox 360 has a handful of launch titles that will be good I don't think it'll be best maybe most popular though. PS3 is worth more than my car so that's out of the question. Since Nintendo has the best launch titles it may get good sales early. However, it must be very well thought out ideas for the control for Nintendo to get back on top...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nah Mic, Marylander here, I wouldnt mind dying, you know just once to see how it is.

Sadly, this is the same reasons ports didn't appeal on GCN along with the fact that Nintendo wouldn't accept the M rated ones like GTA.
I think its just that they dont want drugs and having sex with hookers in their games (who ever heard of getting STDs from a hooker will let you recover your health anyway). Conker was on the 64, and RE has seemed to become heavy player in the Nintendo library.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
I'd just like to point out that Nintendo, as a company, is worth nearly fifteen billion dollars.
That's $15,000,000,000
They aren't going to just suddenly go bankrupt, as oppossed to what some people in this topic seem to think.

DemonHost

Smash Apprentice
Right anyways, It's hard to choose, I mean, the PS3 is aparently going to have amazing graphics, like the best out of the 3 systems, but the Nintendo Revolution has the kickass controllers and the whole download games thingy, and then there's the Xbox 360, though it is not all that different from the Xbox it still looks awesome, with the huge harddrive space (Or whatever you would call it), but it is basicly another computer. But if I had to choose I would have to say the Nintendo Revolution, man that thing looks awesome.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
DemonHost said:
Right anyways, It's hard to choose, I mean, the PS3 is aparently going to have amazing graphics, like the best out of the 3 systems, but the Nintendo Revolution has the kickass controllers and the whole download games thingy, and then there's the Xbox 360, though it is not all that different from the Xbox it still looks awesome, with the huge harddrive space (Or whatever you would call it), but it is basicly another computer. But if I had to choose I would have to say the Nintendo Revolution, man that thing looks awesome.
The graphics on PS3 and Xbox 360 should be nearly identical. So if you say the 360 isn't all that different from the Xbox, say the PS3 isn't all that different from the PS2.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
umm the graphics from the PS3 are WAY better. if you cant see that then u need a pair of new eyes. ill buy them for you.

the only thing 360 has that will do them any good is.........Halo 3,PDZero, and huge multiplayer matches(up to 50). becaues they are beat in graphics.

the revo? umm well it does have the new smash and its online. im sure alot other well known games will be online as well. the revo can dowload games from the past N systems.......but that will get old.

i predict(mine the same as most people) 1.PS3 2.XBOX360 3.Revolution

EDIT: this is funny(about sony)...........http://pix.nofrag.com/e4/bb/c0bf7b969af1100e7ba316581015.jpg

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Great Marth, can you read up a little more before posting? Developers (except Sony) have said the 360 and the PS3 will have really damn close graphics. Show me some IN-GAME pictures from PS3 games that show off these "WAY better" graphics. Oh right, there are barely any in-game pictures because Sony doesn't have any real games to show off, only videos.

Compare the current best looking games on each system. Gears of War and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I probably would've chose the Revolution anyway because of the innovations and that I know I can trust Nintendo to not make crap (no disk-read errors or overheating) but the price is going to tip me in that direction anyway, and I think it will for a lot of people.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Your right. price does lean people into buy a system over another system.

many of the people i hang out with at school got a DS simply becaues they wanted the newest handheld but at a cheap price.

the DS is at 129$(right?)!

EDIT:......cash.......dont be this way......you know as well as others do that what u are seeing is not the FULL power of the ps3. pictures and stuff arnttaken at" full power"(if u will). the E3 Ps3 wasnt at full power either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom