• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Console Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
And stuff we've seen from the 360 isn't near its full potential either. The E3 Xbox 360 wasn't an Xbox 360. It was two Mac G5s that was struggling to put out 30% of what the 360 is going to be capable of, but it was still amazing. The MGS4 video and screens are from TGS (running on some form of the PS3), that Gears of War screen is from TGS, which was running on near final beta 360 kits.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Too bad Gears of War's framerate is absolutely terrible. Seriously, the game is worse than clock town in Majora's Mask. Also, if you watch the MGS4 trailer and compare it visually to a Gears of War video, you can tell there's at least a noticable and note-worthy difference. Don't get me wrong, the 360 can output some beautiful graphics, but you just seem be getting all Microsoft fanboyish, Cashed.

Either way, I think it's dumb to compare graphics. I mean honestly, I don't really care if graphics are better than the 360 because they're plenty good enough for me. I still can't figure out why everyone has their panties in a bunch about graphics this generation. I honestly can say they don't matter very much. The ONLY thing I've seen so far that seems to take advantage of either system's graphical power and actually put it to good use is Kameo, and that's because there are absolutely tremendous amounts of enemies displayed at once. Have 1000 enemies on-screen compared to 100 actually does change how play it.

Really, I think art direction is going to be more important than graphical power. Look at Shadow of the Colossus - it's on PS2, but its graphics are completely stunning. I just wish everyone would shut up about how good graphics are. I don't see why anyone gives a damn anymore.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Great exaggeration. At X05 Gears of War was running at 30 frames per second on one of the 360's three cores. By launch, it'll be even higher. They have two more cores to use. Obviously it looks like there is a different in the MGS4 footage compared to the Gears of War footage, the MGS4 video isn't gameplay, but a cutscene. Even when cutscenes use the in-game engine, graphics can be beefed up (RE4 comes to mind on Cube) and the scripted animations and movement look nice. And even though we're on a forum dedicated to a videogame made by Nintendo, I don't expect people to be so against Microsoft, so I guess I can come off as a Microsoft, or Xbox fanboy. People who believe Sony when they say things "If you think the Xbox 360 is close to the PS3 in terms of power, you're on crack" (said by the God of War creator) really need to look into everything. Sony is going to make their product sound better, it's the hype machine, and Sony knows how to create hype for their systems very well. I agree about Kameo, I really think it's amazing when you have over 4,000 characters on the battlefield and they each are doing their own thing with their individual A.I.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, you certainly have a point about Sony. I wouldn't go nearly as far as to say "you're on crack" if you think the 360 is close to the PS3 in terms of power. Really, they are pretty similiar, but different enough for me to disagree with them be extremely close in terms of power.

I don't know about you, but the video from X05 sure didn't look like it was running at 30 fps. I sure hope the finalized version has a decent and stable framerate. Also, I agree with you on MGS4 being a cutscene in real-time as compared to in-game footage.

I'm not trying to side with Sony by any means. When it comes to videogames I hate Sony - they make unreliable, shifty, half-***** products. Microsoft and Nintendo are so much better at making well-engineered systems. However, they do get alot of third-party support, which, as far as I'm concerned, is the only reason they're surviving. If most third party companies moved to Nintendo or Microsoft, Sony would die. They have nothing to keep themselves afloat with.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's look at the top 10 selling PS2 games (source: wikipedia, as of June 2005):

1. GTA: San Andreas (Rockstar), at 12 million units
2. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (Polyphony), at 11 million units
3. GTA: Vice City (Rockstar), at 7.3 million units
4. Final Fantasy X (Square), at 6 million units
5. GTA III (Rockstar), at 6.2 million units
6. Madden NFL 2005 (EA), at 3.6 million units
7. Dragon Quest VIII (Square), at 3.48 million units
8. Kingdom Hearts (Square), at 3.47 million units
9. Madden NFL 2004 (EA), at 3.44 million units
10. Final Fantasy X-2 (Square), at 3.4 million units

See? Gran Turismo 3 has the only second-party developer. Everything else is third party. Square, EA, and Rockstar. That's it.

Even from 11-20 it's the same situation.

11. Madden NFL 2003 (EA), at 2.73 million units
12. Need for Speed Underground (EA), at 2.48 million units
13. Medal of Honor: Frontline (EA), at 2.3 million units
14. SOCOM (Zipper Interactive), at 2.27 million units
15. THPS3 (Activision),at 2.11 million units
16. Spider-Man (Activision), at 2.1 million units
17. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (Konami), at 2.01 million units
18. Madden NFL 2002 (EA), at 2 million units
19. Need for Speed Underground 2 (EA), at 1.79 million units
20. Tony Hawk's Underground (Activision), at 1.76 million units

I don't need to go on anymore.

Echo

Smash Champion
Actually, I disagree with 3rd Party video games on Nintendo's systems... but before you freak out let me tell you I dont think they're ALL bad, there are exceptions.... let me explain:

If you take a look at the games for the Nintendo DS, what games are available for the system.... Ridge Racer DS, Rayman DS, Star Wars Episode III, **** even Splinter Cell, which I have never played but from the looks of it on the X-Play review I saw i thought it deserved a 0 out of 5.... but anyway, they are all crappy games, and there are more and more that i could name, and they are ALL 3rd party games.... now, an exception in these would be Castlevania, that game is amazing, but all the other games that 3rd party creators try to shove onto their systems are stupider ideas than Dance Dance Revolution Cereal. Look at when NINTENDO makes their games, they make them good, i think Mario Kart is going to be DS's best game when it arrives, not to mention currently available games like Kirby's Canvas Curse which makes the stylus extremely innovative and is fun to use, and they've got more on the way.

Now, as far as console gaming goes, there are your exceptions again, such as Resident Evil 4, and Viewtiful Joe, but if you take a look at games that Nintendo takes time to create, such as the game that we're all registered to a forum for, has never gotten old. More games, like my favorite, is the metroid series, i thought turning Metroid into first person was the stupidest idea coming from Nintendo, but they made an incredible game.
By the way, I realize that its just not ONLY nintendo making their games, but are you seeing my point?

With the revolution, Nintendo is making this wacked out controller that no one has ever tried before, and thats why I think Nintendo is going to know what to do with it, its theres, they have their idea's for it, and they know how they're going to make gameplay unbelievable. It's hard for me to keep my pants dry when i'm thinking about games like Metroid Prime 3 with that controller, they're going to be that cool.... but there are some 3rd party developers out there that could ruin the Revolutions Reputation, just how they ruined it for the DS. I dont want to see any ****ty Tekken games, and I dont want to see any horrible Full Metal Alchemist games on it either... but... i should probably wrap up my rant...
So... thats just my opinion on 3rd party developers... they're Bull****. There are exceptions, but all the others just piss me off.... i dont even need to start about how Capcom ruined the MegaMan series...

EDIT - Yeah.. I was going to comment on 3rd party **** for Xbox and Xbox 360, but pretty much the same applies, though I do think Nintendo is more creative with their games.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
alright......i see cashed is a MICRO$OFT fan boy. i cant beat a fan boy. they never listen. ok cashed.... i admit defeat..... u be right.

3rd party=good. but i believe that third parties should make some pretty big changes of they are going to go multi console. like SC2....sure they only added ONE different character to each version, but the GCN version was the one most people got. so i think that if a CERTAIN console wanted to have a better edge in a race, they would need some multi console games that are DIFFERENT than thier competetor(spelt right?).

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Great Marth said:
alright......i see cashed is a MICRO$OFT fan boy. i cant beat a fan boy. they never listen. ok cashed.... i admit defeat..... u be right.

3rd party=good. but i believe that third parties should make some pretty big changes of they are going to go multi console. like SC2....sure they only added ONE different character to each version, but the GCN version was the one most people got. so i think that if a CERTAIN console wanted to have a better edge in a race, they would need some multi console games that are DIFFERENT than thier competetor(spelt right?).
Oh for the love of god, TGM, stop posting. Your grammar is horrible and you never say anything partly intelligent. Honestly.

When I was speaking of third parties, I was talking about the PS2. Not Nintendo. Not even Microsoft. I said that third party games were keeping Sony afloat, not Nintendo or Microsoft. Nintendo practically has no third party exclusives (especially now that RE4 is going to PS2), but they have numerous amounts of quality first-party games. Microsoft has enough exclusives and the best online service to keep the X-Box running. It also gets the most PC ports, since it has the best graphical capability.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Great Marth said:
I've yet to see you bring up a good point in this topic. You just post thinking you know everything. "the graphics from the PS3 are WAY better." Okay, no proof. I brought up Gears of War and MGS4 to compare them and see if MGS4 looked "WAY" better. It doesn't. You say that "what u are seeing is not the FULL power of the ps3." I bring up that what you've seen of the 360 isn't its full potential either, and now you call me a fanboy? Get the hell out of here.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Cashed said:
I've yet to see you bring up a good point in this topic. You just post thinking you know everything. "the graphics from the PS3 are WAY better." Okay, no proof. I brought up Gears of War and MGS4 to compare them and see if MGS4 looked "WAY" better. It doesn't. You say that "what u are seeing is not the FULL power of the ps3." I bring up that what you've seen of the 360 isn't its full potential either, and now you call me a fanboy? Get the hell out of here.
I definitely think we should apply debate hall rules in here, and then warn the ****er.

I also definitely think that you should stop stretching out my screen with your GIGANTIC PICTURES.

Hey, Cashed, would you be a dear and tell me what quality third party developers are sticking exclusively with sony next-gen?

Rockstar already has started to share the wealth with the box this year, and I can only imagine that the trend will continue. I remember hearing that Square was moving over to the box. I don't remember who made Katamari Damacy, but I haven't heard anything about them yet. Konami I could care less about.

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, but that's why I'm asking. I figured you'd know what I was missing, because you're way more into this crap than I am.

Mostly, though, I get the impression that sony is going to be losing a lot of good, exclusive third party developers this upcoming gen.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Namco made Katamari Damacy, and they are also known for their Tekken and Tekken + Weapons (Soul Calibur) line of games. Despite having strong ties to PS2 (SCIII exlusive, the Xenosaga series, their drumming games, exclusive Tekken, etc.), Namco has shown a strong interest in developing with Nintendo (the latest Star Fox game and the Donkey Konga series, for example).

Since we've already established that the sheer number of games and third-party support for the "Maddenites" (casual PS2 gamers) was the PS2's main selling point, unless Sony can continue the trend, it'll take the fall. Especially with the 360 beating it out of the gates. This might just be the era where Sony finally takes a dive. It took Nintendo 3 generations to rise and "fall" (NES -> SNES -> N64), and this will be Sony's third. History has a way of repeating itself, y'know.

EDIT: And you might want to read this article.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Mediocre said:
I remember hearing that Square was moving over to the box.
Yep, theyre making FFXI for the 360.

Giygas said:
Despite having strong ties to PS2 (SCIII exlusive, the Xenosaga series, their drumming games, exclusive Tekken, etc.), Namco has shown a strong interest in developing with Nintendo
Yea Namco is actually making Xenosaga 1 and 2 for the DS. Looks to me like Sony is slowly losing its exclusive 3rd party support.

Echo

Smash Champion
I fear that FFXI wont go off so well on the 360 anyway, alot of people will be playing games like Elder Scrolls IV and whatnot, with X-Box live they're going to get alot of games like that though.... so everyone will play what they want I suppose.

Also, i'm not even A nintendo fanboy... but why does everyone say Nintendo has "fallen"? As far as I knew, they're doing great, they just aim for a different type of gamer than what the other 2 do.... most of their games are designed for a japanese audiance, and some of those may seem really "kiddy" to americans.

I'm not trying to disagree with anything that you guys have said about it, but I loved my 64, and I love my gamecube, and I play them both more than I play PS2 and 360, not to mention whenever there is a game for all 3 systems.... i pick the gamecube one...

Nintendo has something that the other 2 dont. They have Shigeru Miyamoto, who has ideas for games that no one else does, not to mention all the Icons that Nintendo has, such as Link, Samus, Mario(and his gang), Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc. etc.... and with a price tag that could be half of its competiters, AND a controller that is like nothing seen before, I really think Nintendo is ahead of the game here.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
The_Echo said:
I fear that FFXI wont go off so well on the 360 anyway, alot of people will be playing games like Elder Scrolls IV and whatnot, with X-Box live they're going to get alot of games like that though.... so everyone will play what they want I suppose.

Also, i'm not even A nintendo fanboy... but why does everyone say Nintendo has "fallen"? As far as I knew, they're doing great, they just aim for a different type of gamer than what the other 2 do.... most of their games are designed for a japanese audiance, and some of those may seem really "kiddy" to americans.

I'm not trying to disagree with anything that you guys have said about it, but I loved my 64, and I love my gamecube, and I play them both more than I play PS2 and 360, not to mention whenever there is a game for all 3 systems.... i pick the gamecube one...

Nintendo has something that the other 2 dont. They have Shigeru Miyamoto, who has ideas for games that no one else does, not to mention all the Icons that Nintendo has, such as Link, Samus, Mario(and his gang), Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc. etc.... and with a price tag that could be half of its competiters, AND a controller that is like nothing seen before, I really think Nintendo is ahead of the game here.

Very nicely said. :chuckle:

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Small pictures are nearly impossible to find of next-gen games. You'll have to deal with it.

Developers though. Rockstar is said to be done with exclusive deals and is going to be releasing their games across the 360 and PS3. Square-Enix is bringing over Final Fantasy XI and some other games. Square-Enix has said that FFXI won't be their only 360 game. Really it's all the Japanese companies who never really gave the Xbox a shot are going to be giving the 360 one. Koei, Square-Enix, Capcom (bringing Resident Evil 5 so far), Konami, Namco, Hudson, FromSoftware and others are all developing for the 360... The only developer I can think of that is exclusive to PS3 off the top of my head is Factor 5, who was exclusive to GameCube this generation.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Cashed said:
Developers though. Rockstar is said to be done with exclusive deals and is going to be releasing their games across the 360 and PS3. Square-Enix is bringing over Final Fantasy XI and some other games. Square-Enix has said that FFXI won't be their only 360 game. Really it's all the Japanese companies who never really gave the Xbox a shot are going to be giving the 360 one. Koei, Square-Enix, Capcom (bringing Resident Evil 5 so far), Konami, Namco, Hudson, FromSoftware and others are all developing for the 360... The only developer I can think of that is exclusive to PS3 off the top of my head is Factor 5, who was exclusive to GameCube this generation.
Thanks for explaining to me why I'm not going to be buying a PS3.

Honestly, all I can see that it will have going for it is slightly better graphics. Personally, I don't think that's not worth several hundred dollars.

Small pictures are nearly impossible to find of next-gen games. You'll have to deal with it.
You could move 'em into MS Paint, reduce the size by half and upload 'em to imageshack.

Of course, I'd be too lazy to do that and you probably are too.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, Namco seems to be, if anything, slowly moving over towards Nintendo. Not only did they co-develop with Nintendo on Star Fox Assault and Donkey Konga, but they're porting Xenosaga I & II over to DS. Katamari Damacy is also getting it's own DS game (HECK YES). Square also seems to be making the move (at least somewhat). Despite FFXIII being announced for PS3, the only other Square game I can think of being developed for a Sony system is Crisis Core for PSP. Now, they're porting FFXI to the 360, releasing a new FF:CC on Revolution, and are working on the World of Mana game and Mario Basketball for DS. Konami seems to be the only company mostly sticking with Sony, with a Castlevania game announced for PS3 and, of course, MGS4. However, they've also already announced a sequel to Dawn of Sorrow on the DS, and they're teaming up with Nintendo for DDR Mario Mix. And, of course, as Cashed mentioned, capcom is bringing RE5 to the 360.

However, I honestly kind of hope the PS3 flops this time around - and with such high development costs it very well might. It sure seems like all the companies are shifting towards Microsoft and Nintendo's direction.

Also, the_echo, you're stupid. Nobody said Nintendo was terrible - they purely meant Nintendo was in third place when it came to sells. And don't give me that "profit" crap either, everyone knows Nintendo makes plenty of money. However, they'd have made a hell of a lot more if they were in first place in sales compared to Sony and Microsoft.

Echo

Smash Champion
nevermind, next time i wont decide to put in my 2 cents when i read this post then.

all i'm sayin is that if you're going to put nintendo into 3rd place just becuase they're not selling **** at as high of prices as others... than you're not looking at it the right way.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
The_Echo said:
nevermind, next time i wont decide to put in my 2 cents when i read this post then.

all i'm sayin is that if you're going to put nintendo into 3rd place just becuase they're not selling **** at as high of prices as others... than you're not looking at it the right way.
Dear, we're putting Nintendo in third place when it comes to sales. We'r enot saying how good they actually are, just how well they're selling. I personally prefer Nintendo over both Sony and Microsoft, but that doesnt' change the fact that they're selling alot less than the other two.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
JediMasterYoda98 said:
Square also seems to be making the move (at least somewhat). Despite FFXIII being announced for PS3, the only other Square game I can think of being developed for a Sony system is Crisis Core for PSP.
Well, I think Kingdom Hearts 2 is a biggy.

Of course, that's not next-gen, but it's still a Square game in development for a Sony console.

However, I honestly kind of hope the PS3 flops this time around - and with such high development costs it very well might. It sure seems like all the companies are shifting towards Microsoft and Nintendo's direction.
I'd be very happy if Sony died out of the videogame market. They don't make any games that I consider really great, and their consoles and other hardware are complete crap when compared to Microsoft and Nintendo.

The only reason Sony managed to do so well this gen was because it had so many games. Now that the third parties are going elsewhere Sony may decide to get out of the race.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mediocre said:
The only reason Sony managed to do so well this gen was because it had so many games. Now that the third parties are going elsewhere Sony may decide to get out of the race.
please forgive my sarcasm, but... "duh".

This is exactly why the SNES is herald as the golden age of (Nintendo) gaming. During the SNES era it was the most well known system on the market (there was Sega Genesis, but it was a newcomer to the industry, it didn't have a reputation like Nintendo had with it's NES system), thus the SNES as only (profitable) outlet for third party games to develop for. However when the Playstaion comes into play it offers technology that is very easy develop for and the fact that Sony, a huge corporation, knows how to market it's products to the consumer (remember during the N64/PSOne era how you ALWAYS heard the "Play-Stay-Shun!" PSOne ad voice compared to the "Get 'N' or get out" N64 ad logo?). The casual (non)-gamer consumer saw what was on the market and bought what they saw (Playstaion of course). In conclusion: the system that produces the most games is the ones the people will buy (you get tons of games to choose from with tons of variety). And please, lets not lower this argument to "PS2 has a bunch of crappy games" rap. Yes it is true that the PS2 has more crappy games than any other system available but because so many games are released on PS2 it is also true that it has more good games than any system available.

mic_128 said:
Remind me, but does Sony themselves even MAKE games?
Ape Escape (series), Parappa the Rapper (series), Siren (series), UmJammer Lammy, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Wild Arms (series), The Legend of Legaia (series), The Legend of Dragoon, Lifeline, Okage.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
*EDIT* Didn't finish reading Dreamcaster's post at first.

Shadow of the Colossus is the only one of those to come out any time recently, that I can remember. Most of those I've never even heard of. And I haven't heard of an Ape Escape or Parappa game in quite a while...

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
DreamCaster said:
please forgive my sarcasm, but... "duh".
You know, that remark might have had merit if I had spent more than two sentences on that particular point.

Moreover, it's ridiculous to criticize someone for spending two lines to make a "duh" point, while in the same post you use eleven lines to corroborate the exact same thing.

Apparently, you have a problem with people simply stating the obvious concisely and succinctly. Instead, you like to say it in the most roundabout and meandering way possible.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
DreamCaster said:
And please, lets not lower this argument to "PS2 has a bunch of crappy games" rap. Yes it is true that the PS2 has more crappy games than any other system available but because so many games are released on PS2 it is also true that it has more good games than any system available..
That's subjective. You could say the same for another system. In my opinion the GameCube undoubtedly ruled this generation software-wise. Third-party stuff? Nah. But you have Smash, Metroid Prime (what many people are calling the best game this generation), and the upcoming Twilight Princess (what many people are saying will be the best game this generation), and that does it right there. Plus you have other greats like Pikmin, the DK bongos games, mario/kart/strikers/golf/etc., Animal crossing, and some cool exclusives like Baten Kaitos or Link in Soul Calibur II. I'm sure I missed some. I have 33 games for the GameCube and and plenty more that I am planning on getting. I could probably only come up with a dozen or so I wanted on PS2 or Xbox. And yes, I've played plenty of both, 'cause most of my friends don't even have a GameCube.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well looks like Microsoft have changeed their tune, no longer complimenting the Rev's controller.

Or any other big members of gaming in general either.

Except themselves of course.....

Mark Rein, Vice President of Epic Games, developers of the Unreal series and the upcoming Gears of War (Xbox 360), has talked about next gen controllers, pretty much insulting everything not branded with a green X.

He spoke at an IGN roundtable, criticising Nintendo's Revolution controller, as well as Sony, Activision and Electronic Arts.

On the subject of Nintendo, he proclaimed the new controller to be "gimmicky", saying that the games are going to lack lastability.

"Don't kid yourself, you're going to see more gimmicky, crappy, cheap, I-wish-I-hadn't-got-it gimmick games based on that controller than you could ever imagine."

Afterwards, he ripped into Sony and their PS3 control, claiming it to be "stupid-looking".

Not forgotten, two gaming giants had their little jabs as well:

"I've heard EA and Activision make absolutely ridiculous statements like, 'it's going to take 30 million dollars to make a game and we need 300 people’. That's a bunch of b******t. They're just covering up for their own management incompetence. Or mismanagement, I should say."

None of this news is complete though, without the fact that he also held up and Xbox 360 controller and said:

"This is the Xbox 360 controller, and there's nothing wrong with it."

Echo

Smash Champion
So.... did anyone else hear about all the problems Wal-Mart has had with the 360? Maybe I just haven't read a post about it yet....

All that I could find from a google search was something about the wireless controller messing up some other wireless stuff, I wasnt interested so I didnt read it all.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up, is becuase I had just happened to be at Wal-Mart picking up Metroid Prime Pinball (yeah i know, sounds dumb, but I got every other game of the series so I have to)... when they finished the 360 display!! "oooooOOOOoOH" I thought to myself, being the first one there to play it and see what the next generation was actually going to be like... well, I played it, I had fun, and a couple days later me and some of my friends were going to head to wal-mart to play it because they had never checked it out yet. We were shocked when we got there and found out that the 360 was not working, and it would let you do anything but play games! well, we told one of the sales associates there about it, they opened the case, and restarted it. Still didnt work, we had them open the disk tray, and they picked up the demo disk. WELL, it seemed that there was a big, rather deep, scratch in a perfect circle in the disk, and thats why it would freeze whenever you tried to select a game.

Now, after that long story, I was just wondering if any other stores or kiosks have had a problem such as this, because it is extremely odd, and it would be wierd if this was the only one doing it. It just really bugs me if Microsoft is having a launch problem again, seeing that they had a problem with their first Xbox and had to make recalls, so if I am going to pick up a 360, I think I may wait till next year sometime.... just to make sure.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
lmao, that must explain why the 360 wasnt working when i went to try it out today at walmart.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Xbox 360 kiosks placed in Wal-Mart stores across the country have been shut off, said a Microsoft spokesperson contacted this afternoon. The reason, according to Microsoft, is due to the console causing interference with Wal-Mart's wireless "hand scanner" inventory system. Microsoft has acknowledged the problem as being "minor" and says a software solution is in the works to correct it.

Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas, instructed all stores to shut down the 360 kiosks.

(Microsoft spokesperson)"While retailers are constantly updating their internal management systems, sometimes new products being introduced into the market can cause this kind of temporary interference. We are working closely with our partners to provide a software solution that mitigates this problem within their retail environments. Adjustments and tweaks to kiosks of any kind are quite common once they're deployed in a live retail environment, and we consider making such adjustments a standard part of the launch process."

Microsoft said it identified the problem and within 24 hours had deployed new software to Wal-Mart stores."

This was originally posted by Chill in the Xbox 360 topic. The disk you saw must have just been a fluke. So not, not "lmao", sorry.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Are you even reading what's being posted?

It's not that the 360's don't work. It's just that the electronics mess with the Wal*Mart scanners. They're changing something so that it doesn't mess with Wal*Mart's electronics anymore. It should work wherever else it is up, as I haven't seen reports of anywhere else having problems.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Sorry maybe i should have made my post a little clearer....the 360 at my walmart was indeed on but it wouldnt play any games. Dunno if it was the same reason as The_Echo though because I didnt care enough to ask an associate why.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I saw that yesterday and I didn't really understand it. The controllers at the kiosks clearly aren't plugged into the 360, as all three USB ports are open.. yet they're wired? What the hell are they plugged into?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Thanks for that information.

Currently, I see the next generation as PS3 vs. 360. The Revolution has no chance to even make a remotely decent showing. It is coming out nearly 6 months after the PS3 which is about 6 months from the 360. That means the two who beat them already will already have a head start. Also, rumors are abound that Twilight Princess, GCNs last real game of interest, will be on the Rev. That means they will have nothing to keep people from buying a PS3 or 360. Even if it isn't on the Rev, it's been delayed a bit. I am waiting until the PS3 is out for about a month or 2 then I'll decide which of the 2 to get first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom