• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
yup, sign me up, Ness deserves to be in Brawl. it would just seem wrong taking him out when he has done nothing wrong unlike Pichu, Dr. Mario, etc. for being clones. don't get me wrong I'm actually not that great of a ness fan, never played any of the games, but ever since Lucas was confirmed I never thought I would ever hate a Brawl character. if Ness doesn't make the cut then its going to be the whole Lavits and Albert thingy again from Legend of Dragoon. oh how i hated Albert! why did Lavits ever have 2 die? he was so cool!!!

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
add me to the support list. As you can no doubt tell, i am one of the most avid supporters of Ness being in brawl, and will not be discouraged from the likelihood unless told my Sakurai himself. I can see countless fox-users not wanting him to be in, remembering the beatings he dished out in SSB64 to them(and in melee too, if they were playing against someone good).

Sakurai, more than anything, wants this to be a "game for the fans", he opened up surveys asking the people what they wanted put in...and put those things in. With so many Ness-fans out there, how could he possibly claim a game for the fans that goes against what they want?

I know enough people responding to this thread have cited how different Lucas' moves are than Ness', so I won't even get into that.

If i had to give any evidence, or theory as to my logic, I take it all from SSB64. Mario, Pikachu, Link, Samus, Kirby, DK, Fox, and Yoshi were the 8 starting characters as we all know. They have all been long since confirmed to be in brawl. Luigi, Cpt. Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ness were secret characters. Notice that none of them have been(officially) confirmed. But honestly, how many of you out there doubt the good captain's return? How many believe Mario will stand without his brother? There is virtually no chance of this happening(and if it does, then Sakurai will be disappointing a LOT more fans). More than anything else, the odds favor all four of these original unlockables to be so once again for Smash's (probably) final installment. Why else would he wait so long to reveal them? why else would we have a month long+ dry spell of new characters on the Dojo?

And just a side-note to all you "tourney-player/Ness-hater" hypocrites. You complain about people telling you to use items. You choose not to use items, saying Sakurai put in the option to turn them off because he wanted you to be able to. So why all the hate towards Ness? If you don't like him then don't use him, but Smash is about options and being able to play the way you want...and the people WANT NESS!(so please stop the hate).

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
just because this is a new account on SWF, doesn't mean i haven't been calling for Ness for months. And the discussion is ongoing, always ongoing, and will continue ongoing until he is confirmed(which he will be). And you two responding prove that point, just because there is a break in a topic, that doesn't mean new life can't be breathed into it.(and i wasn't the first post yesterday, so it appeared on the top of my thread listing)

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
just because this is a new account on SWF, doesn't mean i haven't been calling for Ness for months. And the discussion is ongoing, always ongoing, and will continue ongoing until he is confirmed(which he will be). And you two responding prove that point, just because there is a break in a topic, that doesn't mean new life can't be breathed into it.(and i wasn't the first post yesterday, so it appeared on the top of my thread listing)
We stopped discussing in this thread because of all the flaming that went on... plus after the New subspace movie... it really doesn't matter anymore imo.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Yeah they are... but then again we can never be to sure of things... but from the way it looks on the dojo they are.
"deconfirmed" represents a definite, so i think that's too strong of a word for this...but this certainly does cast a large amount of doubt on the possibility.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Not the only... If Sora is confirmed for Brawl...
Maybe Mario would have an Dr. Mario alternate costume, you know, it could change the sprites of the fireball too.
Or you guys didn't read the Wario update or you're in denial.

Wario is the only one that needed an ALT, because he was not in his main attire in Brawl, it's not that hard to understand.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I suppose it's possible that Wario is unique in that he's the only character with an alternate costume available from the start, or the only one with an alternate costume that has it's own full selection of alternate colors...

Although, honestly, those are both long shots, as it really does appear that Wario is the only character with an alt. It's nice, in that he's the only character who really needed a different costume, but I still find it hard to believe that an idea as good and widespread and easy as alternate costumes wouldn't be implemented to the fullest.
Oh bother...

Nosebleed101

Smash Rookie
That was to maskeXD.

Originally Posted by maskeXD
Not the only... If Sora is confirmed for Brawl...

Something about him having alternate costumes too, like Wario.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I support Ness... I suppose I'm too late for petition purposes though.

But I also support all previous characters including Pichu. I just feel that they earned their place by being in the previous games.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Or you guys didn't read the Wario update or you're in denial.

Wario is the only one that needed an ALT, because he was not in his main attire in Brawl, it's not that hard to understand.
Wario is the only one with an addition custom model.

BUT... It's been proven that there are various color changes that represent other characters.
Example: Mario in the colors of classic Wario, or Mario in the colors of Luigi.

The same could happen with Lucas and Ness.

Because of the Wario update, it's clear that if Ness is an ALT of Lucas, he won't get a custom model. But that's not to say we can't have a recolored Lucas representing Ness, even though he won't be wearing his cap. Black hair and a recolored shirt go a long way.

Of all the speculation regarding Ness, if it turns out that he's actually removed, then him being the recolored version of Lucas is pretty much a given.

Denying that possibility is the stupidest thing one could ever say about the whole Ness/Lucas deal.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Wario is the only one with an addition custom model.

BUT... It's been proven that there are various color changes that represent other characters.
Example: Mario in the colors of classic Wario, or Mario in the colors of Luigi.

The same could happen with Lucas and Ness.

Because of the Wario update, it's clear that if Ness is an ALT of Lucas, he won't get a custom model. But that's not to say we can't have a recolored Lucas representing Ness, even though he won't be wearing his cap. Black hair and a recolored shirt go a long way.

Of all the speculation regarding Ness, if it turns out that he's actually removed, then him being the recolored version of Lucas is pretty much a given.

Denying that possibility is the stupidest thing one could ever say about the whole Ness/Lucas deal.
Who's saying he won't get Ness's colors without a cap? So far that's the only thing I'm expecting.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
well at the very least i have half of my namesake coming back for brawl. Now just the perpetual wait for the red-hatted wonder as usual.

Top Bottom