• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The nerve of those who evade bulletseed

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
I have been fighting a player lately who is getting out of bulletseed. He seems to flow through it or fall out of it as its starting (like the character is fainting or something). This throws his character a bit over to the side and he gets up.

I mean how do these people get out of bulletseed anyway?

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
DI I guess.You should use it while he is still.Its supposed to be the ultimate Punisher.

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
Bullet Seed sucks. Only way it's doing anything against someone who knows what they're doing is like... if you buffer it out of a Nair that picked them off the ground.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Bullet Seed sucks. Only way it's doing anything against someone who knows what they're doing is like... if you buffer it out of a Nair that picked them off the ground.
Actually I managed to predict a Sideroll dodge and get perfect ones or when they are close enough and spotdodge.It should never be used alot however.Too open

Syrus_Draco

Smash Apprentice
Bullet Seed is a great counter move.

Side step then counter with it.

Predict rolls going to you and punish.

Bair to Bullet Seed.

DASH AND BULLET SEED!

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
Actually I managed to predict a Sideroll dodge and get perfect ones or when they are close enough and spotdodge.It should never be used alot however.Too open
I have used bulletseed to break up combos on me. Its handy. It doesn't stop all of them, but some it will have effect on.
Well its something he learned recently and have been applying. I am still going to try and nail him in a bulletseed when I can.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Yeah I dunno, maybe that's a subtle hint for you to not use Bullet Seed like it's some sort of godsend? It's not a spammable move and shouldn't be used nearly as much as I see most Ivysaurs use it.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Yeah, Elliot, well, Bullet Seed does suck against IC's. You have to be amazing and they have to have the worst luck in order for both of them to get caught.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I know you know. I was just agreeing with you. I just don't think that it sucks against that many people. You just have to not be an idiot when you use it. It's highly punishable if you are stupid and decide to spam it.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
hit them with it once, if they DI out of the first hit don't use it again, but if they don't you can use it

you'll get punished but imo it's worth it to find out if you can use BS or not

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Bullet Seed is usable if you can get them into the stream without the aid of the first hit. You can use it near the ledge or something like that if you think they'll jump back onto the stage.
That's a lot easier said than done.

But yes, using the pop-up hit is unreliable.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Yes i have been avoiding using the first hit recently, its not all taht hard tbh since its really usful in punishing air dodges

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Doesn't pop-up only affect the enemy if they are touching the ground though? I thought it was that at least ._.;

Anyway, sometimes I find using BS right when they are edge hugging kinda nice because, especially to more aggressive, fastpace brawlers, they come up as fast as they can, and if you time it right, they just go right into the stream of seeds without really realizing it.

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure every time something has DI'd out of a bullet seed, it was a falco. But that's on the ground, I'm pretty sure you can't DI out when an already bullet seeding ivy lands right on you.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
maybe this has been said but I'm too lazy to look.

This works at low %'s I highly suggest it should be one of the first things you do. Nair into a bullet seed. sinc you can follow up with virtually anyhting with out lag after a Nair, why not use BS? I've dont it quite a few times and am happy to say it works. Idk if my opponent will be able to easily DI from it but it hasnt been DI's out of yet.

then after this is done at a rough estimate you will deal at least 30-40+ damage, by then you are in the % range to start owning with ivy.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
maybe this has been said but I'm too lazy to look.

This works at low %'s I highly suggest it should be one of the first things you do. Nair into a bullet seed. sinc you can follow up with virtually anyhting with out lag after a Nair, why not use BS? I've dont it quite a few times and am happy to say it works. Idk if my opponent will be able to easily DI from it but it hasnt been DI's out of yet.

then after this is done at a rough estimate you will deal at least 30-40+ damage, by then you are in the % range to start owning with ivy.
yeah I do the nAir into bulletseed as well. As often as I can. It really helps to get them being more cautious to try and attack me.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
if you fastfall a back air then a bulletseed. You can really pull it off as well as long as you space it right though.

Top Bottom