• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Name

What do you the name will be

• Super Smash Bros.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Switch

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Super Smash Bros. Deluxe / DX

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Super Smash Bros. Clash

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Super Smash Bros. Feud

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Smash Bros. War

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Super Smash Bros. Cross

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Super Smash Bros. Rebirth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Bash Sisters

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 37 34.6%

• Total voters

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What do you think they'll end up calling the game? It was left with a tentative title so we don't even know the name of the game. So I created this topic, on what do you think the name of the game will be.

I've listed a few possibilities in the poll

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I think Super Bash Sisters is the only reasonable option tbh

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tbh, it might sound pretty simple to some folk, but I think just "Super Smash Bros. Switch" has a nice ring to it.

If that were the name I'd actually be pretty satisfied. :p Hoping the name would be "Clash" otherwise, as I was for Smash 4.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle :happysheep:

D

Deleted member

I'd personally like it to be simply "Super Smash Bros." It'll be the only game titled as such anyways, hypothetical Virtual Console releases of the N64 game for example aside, so why the need for a subtitle?

EdwardSponge

Smash Apprentice
Myths and Legends of the Super Smash Bros V: Birth by Coded Sleep Dream Drop HD Chain of Memories Days 358 over 2 days Final Mix 2 Remix Dream Drop Distance and FitnessGram™ Pacer Test: The Multistage Aerobic Capacity
Test that Progressively Gets More Difficult as it Continues: The 20 Meter Pacer Test That Will Begin in 30 seconds: The
Running Speed Starts Slowly, but gets Faster Each Minute After You Hear this Signal. [beep] Edition: A Single Lap
Should be Completed Each Time the Fighters Hear This Sound. [ding] HD Classi-Best of the Best Edition: Red Version Deluxe 5: The Classic Fire Emblem Fighting Game,Guest starring Mario, Green Mario and Elf from Lord of the Rings

upload_2018-3-10_12-48-36.png

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
How about Super Smash Bros. Fracas

Last edited:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I hope it's not just Super Smash Bros for Switch. Super Smash Bros for Wii U was such a boring name, but they might to the same thing again

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Before SSB4 was called Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, I had this idea that it would be called Super Smash Bros. Royale, but now that I think about it, it would be a bit too similar to PSASBR name-wise...

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Myths and Legends of the Super Smash Bros V: Birth by Coded Sleep Dream Drop HD Chain of Memories Days 358 over 2 days Final Mix 2 Remix Dream Drop Distance and FitnessGram™ Pacer Test: The Multistage Aerobic Capacity
Test that Progressively Gets More Difficult as it Continues: The 20 Meter Pacer Test That Will Begin in 30 seconds: The
Running Speed Starts Slowly, but gets Faster Each Minute After You Hear this Signal. [beep] Edition: A Single Lap
Should be Completed Each Time the Fighters Hear This Sound. [ding] HD Classi-Best of the Best Edition: Red Version Deluxe 5: The Classic Fire Emblem Fighting Game,Guest starring Mario, Green Mario and Elf from Lord of the Rings

View attachment 138397
and Knuckles.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Why Super Bash Sisters and not Super Smash Sisters? O.o
In Kid Icarus Uprising, Palutena mentions a name for a female version of Smash Bros. and she calls it "Super Bash Sisters"
Since Sakurai had involvement this is as far as well get for an official name of a female name for Smash Bros.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If they're marketing this Smash Bros as a sequel rather than a port, I don't think it'll be called Super Smash Bros for Switch. They'd likely want to differentiate it from the previous games.

I could see them just going for a clean "Super Smash Bros" actually. I think it's hard to know what the name will be though, it could be anything.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
The emphasis on fire in the trailer makes me think it might be this:

Super Smash Bros. Broil

If that's wrong, then I think it could be Super Smash Bros. Riot... we'll see.

:171:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Super Smash Brothers 5 Switch. Or if it's a port: Super Smash Bros Four Switch (Sorry I'm pretty drunk)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Super Smash Bros. Ass-Whuppin'

Last edited:

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
After hours of careful analysis and research, I decided upon:

SUPER SMASH BROS BADMANS FOLLY

Yes, yes, it makes so much sense, it truly fits the naming scheme of previous titles.

I'd love it if they go back to the melee and brawl style names.
However, I do think they'll pick SSB Switch.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
I went to some website and looked up synonyms for brawl and melee.

It gave me a few good ideas.

Super Smash Bros Squabble
Super Smash Bros Battle
Super Smash Bros Bickering
Super Smash Bros Fight
Super Smash Bros Riot
Super Smash Bros rhubarb
Super Smash Bros Rumpus
Super Smash bros Knock Down Drag Out

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight

View attachment 138397
These are both missing something:

Hilariously, I'd love Dante as a newcomer. Just saying.

Otherwise, I'm surprised no one has gone for Super Smash Bros. Assault.

I think it sounds pretty good.

Top Bottom